• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sciz

KingOfKong said:
I will have to try playing on the Gaf server (although i want to learn the classes more before getting completely owned by you guys).
Get a grasp of the mechanics on Valve servers, learn to actually play the game with us.

Some gear can be obtained through achievements, so give those a shot when you find a class you like.

There's also a wiki.

Sianos

I'm back in.

Not much Jank tonight, except for super Demoknights that can hit you (no charge) from across the room. :p

Yeef

Forkball said:
Yeef is high, genuine are green. Strange was a yellowy orange but now it's a red orange.
Forkball doesn't know how to use context clues. if he did he'd realize I was talking about the text.

The Soda Popper was made for Scouts that can't aim for shit. I say it in all honesty.

Who was that said fag something something dicks something during Granary?

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
The Soda Popper was made for Scouts that can't aim for shit. I say it in all honesty.
Wat? It only gets 2 shots. If you can't aim you'll significantly decrease your damage output.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sgt.Pepper said:

Ilodude. Kicked him, he came back and I gave him a warning. Then a map later the server crashed.

Sgt.Pepper said:

"Silly fag(s), dicks are for chicks."

Is Ilodude a GAFer?

Sciz said:
Get a grasp of the mechanics on Valve servers, learn to actually play the game with us.

Some gear can be obtained through achievements, so give those a shot when you find a class you like.

There's also a wiki.

that wiki looks like its gonna answer any questions i could ever ask, glad you linked me. i will pop into the GAF server soon. Steam name is MustacheBandit

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Obsessed said:
"Silly fag(s), dicks are for chicks."

Is Ilodude a GAFer?

Don't think so. I took a look at his profile cause I was wondering too and no groups or friends in common and I have a lot of GAFers on my friends list.

KingOfKong said:
that wiki looks like its gonna answer any questions i could ever ask, glad you linked me. i will pop into the GAF server soon. Steam name is MustacheBandit
Gaf server will teach you some things. Because of the gaf server I can be an ok Soldier at my shitty frame rate!

XeroSauce

I hate doing poorly on GAF. I normally do, but today was just the pits.

I think I need some quality time on a Valve server to cher me and my knife up.

Acerac

Banned
Had some fun games despite getting in a bit late tonight.

The most notable thing that happened (for me at least) was that some GAFfers were just amazingly generous. Wagosto hooked me up with a hat and AcciDante gave me some strange weapons! Good shit guys, I'd pocket medic you both for your generosity if I wasn't already doing so because you both kick ass while playing.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

played one game on the server tonight to check my pings. i don't have a mic so i didn't stay long. just ordered one of those zalman clip-on mics to use with my headphones. Hopefully that will work out ok. Was looking at that one and the logitech USB mic (the zalman was a lot cheaper).

Sciz

KingOfKong said:
played one game on the server tonight to check my pings. i don't have a mic so i didn't stay long. just ordered one of those zalman clip-on mics to use with my headphones. Hopefully that will work out ok. Was looking at that one and the logitech USB mic (the zalman was a lot cheaper).
A bit late, but I can vouch for Logitech's USB mics being quality stuff.

Sciz said:
A bit late, but I can vouch for Logitech's USB mics being quality stuff.

thats what I use..you guys would know better then me how it sounds (just remember to knock a few points off the headphones to make up for my dead sexy voice)

Clydefrog

Took me 3 hours to build a fucking computer tonight. I'm sweaty, my back hurts, and I still don't know if the damn thing works (it turns on.. but my front fans don't... and i still need to hook up a monitor)

Clydefrog said:
Took me 3 hours to build a fucking computer tonight. I'm sweaty, my back hurts, and I still don't know if the damn thing works (it turns on.. but my front fans don't... and i still need to hook up a monitor)

shoulda took your shirt off.....you woulda had that thing built in 10 minutes

Sorry I couldn't be on the server tonight bitches... I was off partying and stuff. I did find an IRL friend who might be interested in joining the GAF server though...

Bluth54

commissar said:
"Added a checkbox to the Advanced Options dialog that will hide the HUD during freezecam screenshots"

:O
I am really really happy about this

They need to also have an option to remove the hud when you take a steam screenshot.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Why does the US server in the OP seem to be invisible to me? I can ping it just fine, but I can't get the game to recognize that there's a server at that address

Edit: Oh, because it's tf2.langui.sh, it would be rad if that got fixed

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
XeroSauce said:
I hate doing poorly on GAF. I normally do, but today was just the pits.

I think I need some quality time on a Valve server to cher me and my knife up.
Sometimes the best way to become more skilled is through sheer adversity. I'd say stick with the GAF server and try to quickly analyze why you died or why a certain situation occurred etc. I know it's TF2 and you should have fun whenever you play it but it's never fun when you're constantly getting your arse kicked.

I know I was only decently good at Medic and Heavy for a while when I first started playing, but after fooling around on an all-crits server my aim has gotten a heck of a lot better and my survivability has sky rocketed. I think the only classes where I tend to stink at nowadays are Sniper and Engineer and that's probably because both classes tend to be static compared to the rest.

Yeef

Tenck said:
Where can I find the Metaphorically spy? He sounds cool and I want to see how he plays.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elliottpohl
JackFrost said:
shoulda took your shirt off.....you woulda had that thing built in 10 minutes
Haha!

kenta said:
Why does the US server in the OP seem to be invisible to me? I can ping it just fine, but I can't get the game to recognize that there's a server at that address

Edit: Oh, because it's tf2.langui.sh, it would be rad if that got fixed
Done and done. Surprised that typo's been there so long without anyone saying anything.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dreams-Visions said:
that first video is fucking ridiculous. he got his disguises on so fast.
:lol

You see how oblivious everyone is? That damn pyro DESERVED to get stabbed. I feel for that demo, but 'NOBODY IS SPYCHECKING'

At least you get props for not using DR in this vid

Yeef

Hazaro said:
Meta doesn't act like a spy out to kill so people get complacent.
Plus everyone knows Pyro is a bad class so no one really spy checks hardcore.

I'm pretty sure I'm like at least 50% of responsible for his deaths when I'm playing.
Probably same for me
I have nearly a 1:1 KDR against him according to the stats page.

You're 24:15 against him, so you win.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeef said:
I have nearly a 1:1 KDR against him according to the stats page.

You're 24:15 against him, so you win.
It doesn't feel like I'm winning.
Hate the DR so much. Hate Hate Hate.

I mean it's easily countered enough by turning around every second, but it's just not fun playing that way.

Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol

You see how oblivious everyone is? That damn pyro DESERVED to get stabbed. I feel for that demo, but 'NOBODY IS SPYCHECKING'

At least you get props for not using DR in this vid
Agreed, he was doing weird shit (not shooting while looking at the enemy is a dead give-away) and nobody seemed to care or notice.

Backpedaling away from the enemy or not, I always shoot at a guy who isn't shooting back at the enemy. More importantly, I take great notice when the enemy isn't shooting at one of my "teammates". Dead give-aways.

The only time I get caught by a Spy is when they come out of a standard cloak from behind. Still, Meta is damn fast with his weapon switches. I'm very slow at that, but it's probably because Spy is my least played class.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:

I mean it's easily countered enough by turning around every second, but it's just not fun playing that way.
Ok you know what, since Acerac has been stabbed more than 10x as much as I have.
I'll take it.

Hazaro said:

you shouldn't have to turn around every second.

listen for the sound.

Yeef said:
Doesn't work if he happens to be using the Fez set.
I know Valve doesn't want to tweak the set bonuses for those early sets because of the people who bought the Fez for it, but as a person who bought a Fez (to upgrade an account) I gotta say something has to be done about the Saharan Spy. A Dead Ringer with NO penalty is fun to play as, but really has to go.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeef said:
Doesn't work if he happens to be using the Fez set.
This is the problem.

Even default spy uncloak I can react to, unless they were very smart about it from a distance in a firefight.

I mean I use it as spy since I'm lazy to brush up on my spy skills.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Someone stealthily named an award after me! :U

Also, lmfao at the new kill rank names. Is Borgnine responsible?
Yup. It's always amusing to get awards and then see some crazy new name. I think Derek Cheater for the Shortstop is my favorite of the ones I have.

I die a little inside whenever my team has multiple medics and all of them pocket, and/or refuse to heal/overheal fellow medics.

Is there some psychological thing where people are less inclined to help someone playing the same class? Do people someone how think that the Medic can instantly heal himself with his own Medigun?

Top Bottom