• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Anyone else having a problem with F5 not taking a screenshot like it use to? I've taken like 3 or 4 funny screens and I go to check my folder and none of them are there. :(

Guess I'll have to start getting use to pressing F12 and not uploading them to my profile, lol.

Bakphoon

I have an other problem, !bp isnt working for me anymore on trade servers.

A page pops up, but it is blank and nothing happnens, even if waiting...

I have already checked my TF2 files for errors and it hadn't helped.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
ArtistDude88 said:
Anyone else having a problem with F5 not taking a screenshot like it use to? I've taken like 3 or 4 funny screens and I go to check my folder and none of them are there. :(

Guess I'll have to start getting use to pressing F12 and not uploading them to my profile, lol.
Weird. Last time I used F5 it still stored them. I've switched it to F12 awhile ago though.

Sianos

chargentarge_award.png
ullapooldud_award.png
ullapool_award.png

Well, looks like its time to get back to being useful. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Chesskid1 said:
sorry, i was the horrible, terrible, fucking idiot demoman man that kuro was talking about.

i only know how to play one class (medic) which i have 40+ hours on and i've gotten decent at.

there were already 2 medics on my team and they wouldn't switch so i forced myself to switch and went to demoman. i only have like 2 hours combined in the other classes and i had no idea what i was doing.

i just want to apologize to kuro madoushi for not helping him when his buildings were being sapped. i had no idea what i was doing, but if i knew i would of helped him.

i will try to play the other classes to learn them on newb servers and stick to medic or whatever other class i become proficient in when i'm on the GAFserver from now on.

best regards,

Chesskid1
I was more frustrated with the entire team. You just happened to be prime example number one. If a teammate is asking you for help, would you not help them? Were you not listening to the voice chat? Did you not see me hitting sappers and fighting off a 'medic'? Remember, kid, as an engie, I'm trying to support the team; I'm not fighting, so I depend on others to fight in return for teleporters, dispensers, and defense.

I honestly have no preference what class you play; I don't care if your k:d ratio is 3:1; I don't care if you pocket medic me all the time. All I want is for you to watch, listen, and help.

Jason, Java, Nabs and all you milk bag hating bastards weren't there and I'd like to see you not fucking rage if you were in my postion. The spies did the same goddamn thing three times in front of the whole team. Never have I seen a lvl 3 engie nest taken down 3 times in 10 minutes in the same spot with such an oblivious team.

Anyways, nothing personal against you, chesskid1, which is why I wasn't naming names. You weren't responsible - the whole team was. Though if you want a taste of what I went through, I'll walk you through engie and I'm sure you'll understand the frustation better.

Now my interest is piqued. Im a sh1t new demo guy and my version of spychecking is nil. Ill either run through teammates, shoot a random grenade behind me, or if I hear "a spy is sapping my whatever" ill litter with stickies....other then that im beat

though i take all the raging with a grain of salt....Kuro rages all day....probly on the roids or something

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Jason, Java, Nabs and all you milk bag hating bastards weren't there and I'd like to see you not fucking rage if you were in my postion.

It's neogaf's server, I prefer messing around to actually playing, so I wouldn't rage on there.

Proven

JackFrost said:
Now my interest is piqued. Im a sh1t new demo guy and my version of spychecking is nil. Ill either run through teammates, shoot a random grenade behind me, or if I hear "a spy is sapping my whatever" ill litter with stickies.

though i take all the raging with a grain of salt....Kuro rages all day....probly on the roids or something
Just reminded me why I wanted to get better with the Scottish Resistance once upon a time...

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
So how would you go about nerfing the Dead Ringer? Without making it totally useless that is.
Simple. While the shield is active getting hit drains your cloak by the amount of damage you take. i.e. If I hit you for 100 damage but the shield blocks 90% you'd only be taking 10 damage. So you'd lose 10% of your cloak meter from that hit. This wouldn't apply to the initial hit that triggers the feign death, of course.

After the 6.5 seconds when the shield is no longer active getting hit wouldn't drain any cloak (since you're taking full damage and shimmer anyway). This way, hitting DR spies forces then to decloak sooner.

fallengorn said:
Weird. Last time I used F5 it still stored them. I've switched it to F12 awhile ago though.
I usually hit both. F5 still works fine for me though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:
I have 3 drawings which I could use here, but I'll post this one.

hAJjU.png
Needs tears and/or angry face. :'(

And weren't you raging about engie a few weeks ago? Something something, 'I'm not playing engie again?'

^^^

reminded me...I was in a nasty mood yesterday, I had a god damn fly in the house i couldnt kill..so getting dommed left and right in GAF wasnt on my list. I figured id play a valve server just to make me feel better....got in a few seconds to round starting, ran to the front as quick as possible just to killed and see....

0_o & yeef killed Jack Frost

fml

I loathe playing Engy, I really do. Especially on defense. But when my team needs a teleporter and everyone refuses to switch, I'll go Engy >:\

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
JackFrost said:
^^^

reminded me...I was in a nasty mood yesterday, I had a god damn fly in the house i couldnt kill..so getting dommed left and right in GAF wasnt on my list. I figured id play a valve server just to make me feel better....got in a few seconds to round starting, ran to the front as quick as possible just to killed and see....

fml
Silly Jackfroat, bears can't kill people.

Edit: artistdude, I don't remember you playing engie after 'your' rage.

chuckddd said:
The funny thing is, I bought 4 keys today to open motly sniper crates, hoping for a strange sniper rifle. I got the unusual, a villain's veil, a strange sydney sleeper and a strange shotgun. All in all, I'm guessing that I've opened around 25 crates.
Congrats!

A rare case indeed.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
JackFrost said:
^^^

fml

bryancranston.jpg

I feel your pain, Jack. I've had an influx of moths for some strange reason for the last few days, and they all fly right to my monitor. I have so many smudge marks on my beautiful new monitor now.

Yeef

JackFrost said:
^^^

fml
Haha. I thought you had followed me in there. I guess it was just coincidence. GAF server was full, so I put it on auto join and used quickplay in the meantime.

ahoyhoy said:
Breaking Bad
Well played.

JackFrost said:
more like
Falling Down

I dont get many flies in here...but when I do they come right to me cause the lamp is right next to the PC and I am incapable of just ignoring it
Nope. His was better!

Ultratech

ArtistDude88 said:
I loathe playing Engy, I really do. Especially on defense. But when my team needs a teleporter and everyone refuses to switch, I'll go Engy >:\

I don't mind playing Engy usually. Especially fun with a mini-sentry in semi-random spots. :D
Very fun in Nucleus if I got some guys with me since I've got a good idea of the best spots for Sentries.

Depending on the map though, I'll play exclusively Engy and sometimes I'll be an asshole and build a Lv3 Sentry in a nice choke point forcing the other team to Uber. I know for a fact I did this in Barnblitz (Final Point) and Upwards.

The main thing I've learned as an Engy is to aggressively spycheck. Spam the hell out of the pistol and shotgun. Mainly since if a Spy saps you once, they WILL be back.

Was doing pretty decent last night, but got progressively worse as the night went on. Not cool when I die 15 times and only get 3-4 kills. :(

Had a nice airjuggle on an Ubered Pyro/Medic pair though. lol

Proven

At this point if I'm on the GAF server, 90% of the time I'm Engy on defense I'll just go Gunslinger anyway. Mini-sentries are enough to deal with Scouts, Spies still feel obligated to sap them, and I can concentrate on the teleporters and dispenser more.

Yeef

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, the only way to play Engie on the GAF server is if you get yourself a Pyro buddy. Otherwise its just an exercise in frustration.
I think a big part of the problem is that a lot of people don't play defensively, even on defense (I'm somewhat guilty of this myself). it's always easier to hold an area than it is to push, but pushing is a lot more fun, so people tend to do it more often. That's why, on the rare occurrence that we're in sudden death, I tell people to play defensively. It's easier to kill the other team as they push, then, when the numbers are greatly in our favor, push them.

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, the only way to play Engie on the GAF server is if you get yourself a Pyro buddy. Otherwise its just an exercise in frustration.

Or just go Gunslinger Engie.

It's the only way I like to play Engineer anyway these days. I just don't have the necessary zen-like quality to play a true engineer; losing your stuff and having to rebuild it again just frustrates the hell out of me and I cease having fun.

And, lets face it, who likes not having fun?

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
Or just go Gunslinger Engie.

It's the only way I like to play Engineer anyway these days. I just don't have the necessary zen-like quality to play a true engineer; losing your stuff and having to rebuild it again just frustrates the hell out of me and I cease having fun.

And, lets face it, who likes not having fun?
Funny you should ask! We actually have a list that can tell us that!

http://tf2.gafserver.com/hlstats.php?mode=rolesinfo&role=heavyweapons&game=tf

;P

Yeef

Proven said:
Yeef, I see you number 11 up there. A few more rounds and you'll be in the top 10!
I only play heavy to be Ironic™. Hitting #1 would mean that my irony is at max level!

Seriously though, most of the time I play heavy I just go jumping around with the family business and try to avoid using the minigun whenever possible. Then I get bored and switch to a fun class. I haven't seen bacon play punching heavy in awhile. That is the best Heavy.

So I just checked the stats, and apparently I was the most dominated last night... :-(
I did also get the awards for most FAN kills, most Jarate extinguishes, most stuns, and most Crusader's Crossbow kills, though, so I guess that makes up for it...

Tenck

Chesskid1 said:
sorry, i was the horrible, terrible, fucking idiot demoman man that kuro was talking about.

i only know how to play one class (medic) which i have 40+ hours on and i've gotten decent at.

there were already 2 medics on my team and they wouldn't switch so i forced myself to switch and went to demoman. i only have like 2 hours combined in the other classes and i had no idea what i was doing.

i just want to apologize to kuro madoushi for not helping him when his buildings were being sapped. i had no idea what i was doing, but if i knew i would of helped him.

i will try to play the other classes to learn them on newb servers and stick to medic or whatever other class i become proficient in when i'm on the GAFserver from now on.

best regards,

Chesskid1

Hahaha, I forgot the name of the map, but you tried out soldier and saw me as heavy. Chased me down into a small room while you were in the hallway. You tried to get in a rocket on my face, hit the wall instead, and died hahahaha.

Also, fuck you Forkball!! Man is Heavy annoying! I also wish I wasn't handicapped by the shitty ping. Does that server run on dial-up? Ping kept jumping around and I couldn't play Sniper or scout properly.

Even though with all the frustration I had to go through in that server, I really did have fun.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
Hahaha, I forgot the name of the map, but you tried out soldier and saw me as heavy. Chased me down into a small room while you were in the hallway. You tried to get in a rocket on my face, hit the wall instead, and died hahahaha.

Also, fuck you Forkball!! Man is Heavy annoying! I also wish I wasn't handicapped by the shitty ping. Does that server run on dial-up? Ping kept jumping around and I couldn't play Sniper or scout properly.

Even though with all the frustration I had to go through in that server, I really did have fun.
Ping is quite fine on the server and MUCH better than Janky 2.0. I usually get under 30 ping except when my wife is torrenting something out of the blue.

edit: damn you Tenck...watching Veronica Mars right now...

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
Ping is quite fine on the server and MUCH better than Janky 2.0. I usually get under 30 ping except when my wife is torrenting something out of the blue.

edit: damn you Tenck...watching Veronica Mars right now...

I play on other servers and my ping almost never jumps as much as it does on the Gaf server :/

And I only play on servers in the East too, so I'm used to high pings.

Edit: Watching the best show ever?!?!?! *High Five*

Proven

Zerokku said:
I'm not even on the list

Wow. I really am terrible :<
Don't worry. Sciz is probably the best Heavy on the server. He just hasn't played much since we started recording stats. And then we got all those Spies. And then he decided to snipe me and end our friendship.

divisionbyzorro said:
I feel like I should collect a bunch of G.R.U.s to have in my backpack. That way I can give them to heavies on my team who don't use them.
I have two or three spares. One of them's a Strange GRU to boot.

sixghost

Proven said:
Don't worry. Sciz is probably the best Heavy on the server. He just hasn't played much since we started recording stats. And then we got all those Spies. And then he decided to snipe me and end our friendship.

I have two or three spares. One of them's a Strange GRU to boot.
Is there any way to unlock the GRU for all heavies on the server? It's really frustrating when your Heavy doesn't have them, they should really just be the default heavy melee at this point.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
I play on other servers and my ping almost never jumps as much as it does on the Gaf server :/

And I only play on servers in the East too, so I'm used to high pings.

Edit: Watching the best show ever?!?!?! *High Five*
Where are you located though?

I'm in Toronto, and the server is in Chi town.

I know this is kind of an assholish thing to say, but I don't see how chesskid being new at demoman somehow relates to his inability to figure out what to do when "SPY SAPPIN MAH SENTRY" gets played like 3 times in the span of 10 seconds and the sound of the engy whacking shit with his wrench can be heard.

That sounds more like an excuse for someone new at the game. It isn't like the demoman lacks a melee weapon to whack a spy with.

Blizzard

Banned
Sourtreats said:
I thought they could or am I playing on an altered server?
You are playing on an altered server. Only engineers with melee and pyros with the homewrecker can do it.

If everyone could, it would probably be nearly impossible to take out a teleporter at a spawn exit, or an engineer nest near teammates after killing the engineer, unless you have a bunch of uber heavydemoweapons guys near you.

Forkball

divisionbyzorro said:
Would it really be that unbalanced if other classes could destroy sappers with their melee weapons?
Yes. Pyros have a weapon that can knock off a sapper with one hit though.

Speaking of sappers, I think it's the only weapon in the game without an alternative. I think it would be interesting if they made a sapper that saps more quickly, but you can only place one at a time. So you can't wipe out entire Engy nests as quickly, but you can focus on key buildings. Also give it a faster weapon switch.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:
I know this is kind of an assholish thing to say, but I don't see how chesskid being new at demoman somehow relates to his inability to figure out what to do when "SPY SAPPIN MAH SENTRY" gets played like 3 times in the span of 10 seconds and the sound of the engy whacking shit with his wrench can be heard.

That sounds more like an excuse for someone new at the game. It isn't like the demoman lacks a melee weapon to whack a spy with.

The situation was: engie was dead, I noticed and was helping to fix it so there was no call out. The big issue was that the same nest was built and rebuilt and kept getting sapped and destroyed.

edit: Forkball....don't give them any goddamn fucking ideas...

Obsessed said:

lol YOU play demoman and get accused of not spychecking correctly...its not easy. especially for some1 new to the class

Top Bottom