• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball said:
Yes. Pyros have a weapon that can knock off a sapper with one hit though.

Speaking of sappers, I think it's the only weapon in the game without an alternative. I think it would be interesting if they made a sapper that saps more quickly, but you can only place one at a time. So you can't wipe out entire Engy nests as quickly, but you can focus on key buildings. Also give it a faster weapon switch.
Well there's also no weapon slot for sappers...

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
Where are you located though?

I'm in Toronto, and the server is in Chi town.

Located in Arizona. I play a lot on a Chicago server and get less ping there than on the Gaf one. My ping almost never jumps on there.

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
The situation was: engie was dead, I noticed and was helping to fix it so there was no call out. The big issue was that the same nest was built and rebuilt and kept getting sapped and destroyed.

edit: Forkball....don't give them any goddamn fucking ideas...
Oh wait, you mean on Thundermountain Stage 1, in that little house right after the A point bridge? I didn't run in there much as a Pyro as I felt it was a terrible spot to defend. Every time I did walk in there I would get killed by people coming around the corner. I pretty much save that house as a flank route and temporary uber building point.

Forkball

P4nnO.jpg

onghda.png

reload_real.gif

3892d.png

7Zxrm.png

zZcot.jpg

tc_hydro0013.jpg

lbvjpi.png

9PsY9.png

KdegDd.png

e97c7.png

XeroSauce

Forkball said:
Yes. Pyros have a weapon that can knock off a sapper with one hit though.

Speaking of sappers, I think it's the only weapon in the game without an alternative. I think it would be interesting if they made a sapper that saps more quickly, but you can only place one at a time. So you can't wipe out entire Engy nests as quickly, but you can focus on key buildings. Also give it a faster weapon switch.

Wouldn't use it; the ability to sap multiple stuff is one of the key pros of the Sapper, as it causes confusion and dissertation in the ranks.

However, I suppose it would be useful with Gunslinger happy Engis.

JackFrost said:
lol YOU play demoman and get accused of not spychecking correctly...its not easy. especially for some1 new to the class

I can understand not spy checking normally, but the way Kuro described it it sounded like the demoman was just standing by the dispenser as a spy was sapping it. If you are right next to something being sapped you can easily pull out your melee weapon and whack anyone standing near it.

Sianos

As far as spychecking goes as Demo I just whack everyone with the caber.

If they don't explode, they aren't a spy.

If they do explode, they were a spy.

As Scout I think I'll start running milk to deal with dead ringers (just throw the milk as soon as spy "dies", it'll reveal them and take away their damage reduction), extinguish myself and others, and help the team take out tough enemies and pushes. That health regain really helps out against Heavies and splash classes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I only play heavy to be Ironic™. Hitting #1 would mean that my irony is at max level!

Seriously though, most of the time I play heavy I just go jumping around with the family business and try to avoid using the minigun whenever possible. Then I get bored and switch to a fun class. I haven't seen bacon play punching heavy in awhile. That is the best Heavy.
Best Heavy is Punching GRU Heavy.

For spy checking as a demo, just whack people with your Pan. If you do not have a pan, get a pan.

Sciz

Proven said:
Don't worry. Sciz is probably the best Heavy on the server. He just hasn't played much since we started recording stats. And then we got all those Spies. And then he decided to snipe me and end our friendship.
Snipin's a good job, mate.

Heavy is amusing and effective, but even I'll admit that there isn't a lot of thrill in it. The low HP classes get all the fun tricks.

Yeef

Zerokku said:
I'm not even on the list

Wow. I really am terrible :<
You just don't play a lot. Looking at your sessions, most of them are under an hour. That's not even enough time to finish one round of [Thunder Mountain / Dustbowl / High Tower]!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:
I can understand not spy checking normally, but the way Kuro described it it sounded like the demoman was just standing by the dispenser as a spy was sapping it. If you are right next to something being sapped you can easily pull out your melee weapon and whack anyone standing near it.

Sentry in corner with dispenser right next to it. Demoman is standing in corner next to dispenser.

Spy comes in and is dancing in front of sentry and dispenser sapping it.

Jackfrost...how would you deal with a spy as a demo...? Seriously?

1. Switch to melee?
2. Put stickies on the ground next to dispenser and sentry?
3. Move up and get backstabbed to remove his disguise so that another sentry will get him?

Proven, this was on Barnblitz on the final point when we were defending (nevermind even attacking when it was just as bad).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Kuro Madoushi said:
Sentry in corner with dispenser right next to it. Demoman is standing in corner next to dispenser.

1. Switch to melee?
3. Move up and get backstabbed to remove his disguise so that another sentry will get him?

Proven, this was on Barnblitz on the final point when we were defending (nevermind even attacking when it was just as bad).

Pipebombs? If he's that close, it's either pipebombs or melee.

Stickies should be placed before the spy starts sapping, I never do it, but it works well. Really a good option with the scores.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
chuckddd said:
Pipebombs? If he's that close, it's either pipebombs or melee.

Stickies should be placed before the spy starts sapping, I never do it, but it works well. Really a good option with the scores.
No. Not unless he was really good with it. STILL, I wouldn't have raged had he done something. Sigh, oh well, live and learn.

Kuro Madoushi said:

1. Switch to melee?

me personally...I wouldve tried to melee him if he was that close.
All i was saying is being new to a class (especially demo) can be tough...and when it comes to spies in that situation I can see freeezing up.....not everyone is wartime or experienced in every situation.....like you said, live and learn (after all this I highly doubt hell do that again

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If I was a Demoman, I would have done melee. If spies were that much of a problem, I would of gone Home Wrecker Pyro.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
JackFrost said:
me personally...I wouldve tried to melee him if he was that close.
All i was saying is being new to a class (especially demo) can be tough...and when it comes to spies in that situation I can see freeezing up.....not everyone is wartime or experienced in every situation.....like you said, live and learn (after all this I highly doubt hell do that again
Mission accomplished then.

And Kirby, we had 2 pyros already. Lotta good they did.

All this talk makes me want to edit and upload my video where I gave a spy hiding in the corner the old swirly hand taunt kill from the engie.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yeef said:
You just don't play a lot. Looking at your sessions, most of them are under an hour. That's not even enough time to finish one round of [Thunder Mountain / Dustbowl / High Tower]!

Mostly a mixture of Deus Ex releasing and getting slightly burnt out on TF2 methinks. Not sure when you started recording stats, so I'd expect that would be a big part of it if it was recent.

Tenck said:
Located in Arizona. I play a lot on a Chicago server and get less ping there than on the Gaf one. My ping almost never jumps on there.

*High Five*

Fuck yah Arizona-GAF

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn you Yeef, the gaf server's jank is so bad, that 20 minutes after I tried to connect, I got pulled out of anther server into it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My building's internet went out, while I was playing with Artestdood against a bunch of idiots. A sniper on the first stage of gold rush just let me shoot him with the Ambasadoor at long range. Sure, I missed the first 3 shots, but he didn't seem to notice at all. Got a head shot finally, then a second shot off, but the sniper had the danger shiled on so he still had a few points of health. Now, I figured he would just gone back to spawn, just he was on his spawn's roof. Backed up a few feet, and there he is, still sniping.

All this over 15 seconds. While I was just standing there, in the open, no one paying any mind to me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lots. Like, 60 Refined. With a rough glance, I am not even sure if the combined total of your backpack would be worth enough.

Drkirby said:
Lots. Like, 60 Refined. With a rough glance, I am not even sure if the combined total of your backpack would be worth enough.

Alright thanks.. I really have no idea of the value of tf2 items let alone how the steam trading thing works so I thought I'd check to see how much I can get off of my eventual purchase.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
picklecannon said:
Alright thanks.. I really have no idea of the value of tf2 items let alone how the steam trading thing works so I thought I'd check to see how much I can get off of my eventual purchase.
about $15

Sciz

Yeef said:
Sciz is a Waffle Fox!
Spent quite a while dueling them and other people who drifted in and out 2v1 on Harvest, Gunslinging all the way. Fun times. Even if they did finally start cheating and used a medic. D:

Obsessed said:
How do you guys even use the Ambassador? I can't even imagine trying to use it. I can't aim for shit.

Aim for head, shoot, wait for crosshair to shrink, repeat. It's not very accurate if you just spam it, and it does less damage than a regular revolver on body shots. So! Good if you can aim. But not very worth it if you can't.

Sianos

Those were some great rounds, really enjoying the Mad Milk. That one round on Coldfront was amazing, just popping in between the doors occaisonally milking large crowds and firing off from a distance to recover some health. Also got the milk off on Meta a few times after he dead ringered, which is always fun.

Playing on GAF is really helping me improve, my kd ratio is almost up to 0.7 from about 0.4 when I started.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I had a good session.
I'm really really liking the liberty launcher. Because it travels so much faster your mid range accuracy goes up a ton and you get more damage in against people falling back.
Really feels like it makes up for the lost rocket with the extra damage output, it feels like you get 45's instead of 25's most of the time.

Paired with the buff banner I'm liking it so far.

K:D today was something like 4 so that was good. Each team had 2 medics most rounds.

Okay. So let's say that I'm playing Soldier, and I spot someone on my team acting weird. I shoot them with a rocket, and it turns out to be Metaphorically/ArtistDude/RandomJerkface using the Dead Ringer. At this point, I really don't know what to do.

• I could try to chase him down, but the nature of the cloak is going to make that insanely difficult. If I succeed, that's great, but he's still forced me to engage him for at least 6.5 seconds, and it'll take me another 6.5 seconds to get back to the action, so it's still not a total loss for him.
  • If I try to chase him down and don't find him, at best I've wasted time for nothing. At worst, he's stalking me and will take me down the moment my back is turned.
  • Or he could be a failspy, uncloaks poorly, and gets taken down easy. But that doesn't generally happen on the GAF server.
  • So what I usually try to do is announce it to my team, grab the nearest ammo pack, and move on - ever vigilant and listening for the uncloak. But he still partially wins because now I'm paranoid; I'm checking my back, I'm moving slower, and generally being less effective. And it seems that I end up getting backstabbed anyway.

Ugh. In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, DR sucks. I totally get why you guys complain about it so much.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I shoot with rocket. Follow general area for a second or two and spot if any metal is near by.
If there is I'll shoot near it to try and blast the spy away from it, decloak him, grab the metal and kill him.

If there's too many exit pathways, fuck it.
I turn around every second anyway.

I topped the scoreboard as a Medic both rounds I played tonight. Feels good man. Ok, I was second the first game. And we lost the second game. But still...

Top Bottom