• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sciz said:
I'm not sure when I last saw a first point defense of Upward.

(the scramble, it stacks teams)

Fixed XD

Going on GAF server is never a good idea for me when im already a little aggrevated....Think I threw my mouse like 4 times in rage and only played like 3 maps

Oreoleo

Dog being Dog. Gettin in the way D:

CBqn7.jpg

And I went all 3 stages on Hoodoo offense and 1 stage of defense without dying as Soldier. 27 kills before I got taken down! The life I died I got the M*A*S*H achievement for killing 5 people with one uber, and tied my record for kills in a single life, AND FORGOT TO SAVE THE REPLAY. I was so mad :(

Forkball

Orellio said:
Dog being Dog. Gettin in the way D:

CBqn7.jpg

And I went all 3 stages on Hoodoo offense and 1 stage of defense without dying as Soldier. 27 kills before I got taken down! The life I died I got the M*A*S*H achievement for killing 5 people with one uber, and tied my record for kills in a single life, AND FORGOT TO SAVE THE REPLAY. I was so mad :(
Probably an accident. Dog is a team player and is considerate of the other pla-

A9CEA0B497CAA6D1D85EF355B3BDB293812DD4A4

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
I'm not sure when I last saw a first point defense of Upward.

(the scramble, it does nothing)
I've done it plenty of times. Mini sentries on the hill will shoot them and they need a good angle to take it out...which I and supposedly my team should not let them do.

Oreoleo

Forkball said:
Probably an accident. Dog is a team player and is considerate of the other pla-

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542903423104423150/A9CEA0B497CAA6D1D85EF355B3BDB293812DD4A4/[IMG][/QUOTE]

holy lol batman :D

Oreoleo

Oh, PS Yeef. Seemed most people in the server this afternoon were annoyed by the new nominate/hlx dialog box that pops up at the start of every map (The one that says "0. Go away." resulting in people shouting "GO AWAY!" at the beginning of every round). You should consider disabling that <3

24FrameDaVinci said:
lol Fatal1ty gaming gear.

?

It's got solid reviews all around the net. Just looking for first-hand experience with this one or their other headsets.

or can you recommend a better headset in the same price range?

Sianos

Random thoughts for the day:

Regarding Mad Milk: The Milk has allowed me to pull off some great sprees. I can come out of fights with competent Soldiers and (solo) Heavies with full health and extinguish afterburn at all times. Sure, I don't have Bonk for sentries and sticky traps and no pistol for minis, but it feels worth it.

Regarding Nucleus: with Atomizer + crouch jump the map has been lots of fun for me. I can jump up from the health with a double jump and can triangle jump to get behind anyone who is chasing you. Only person who figured it out was chinner, who midair.pillshotted me with much grace. :p

Regarding team stacking: :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
130+ hours, no hat drop.

It's just not meant to be :(.

Tenck

That Hightower game killed the server. Kuro and accidante, you two were nice targets :D

So were you Blizzard. Can't forget about you.

AcciDante

ArtistDude88 said:
Awww yeah! Demopanned up that
agonizingly long
Hightower. 48/41 KDR, but so fun, lol.
Useless demoknight!

Tenck said:
That Hightower game killed the server. Kuro and accidante, you two were nice targets :D

So were you Blizzard. Can't forget about you.
You dirty spy bastard!

Tenck

AcciDante said:
Useless demoknight!

You dirty spy bastard!

Was hilarious catching you three times on that same spot. You remind me of the Snipers that flooded the valve servers the day after it went f2p.

"Spy keeps stabbing me in this exact same spot? Don't mind if I stand here some more!"

Was also funny how the delay of voice worked to my advantage. Spaceboy would have to see a couple seconds into the future before he could really help you.

AcciDante said:
Useless demoknight!

You dirty spy bastard!
Thanks for the stranges AcciDante. I find Demoknight really depends on the map. Nucleus and the first part of Nightfall I can play pretty decently. I really need corridors where I only face one person at a time. Open spaces and my charge already used up leads to my death. Especially if more than one guy is around.

AcciDante

Tenck said:
Was hilarious catching you three times on that same spot. You remind me of the Snipers that flooded the valve servers the day after it went f2p.

"Spy keeps stabbing me in this exact same spot? Don't mind if I stand here some more!"

Was also funny how the delay of voice worked to my advantage. Spaceboy would have to see a couple seconds into the future before he could really help you.
I had to man post haha. No one touches my cart.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grimm Fandango said:
Anyone here use the Creative HS-800 Fatal1ty gaming headset? Thinking about getting it.

21Uyvw9-y7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sure what's so funny about it...:p

I used it for a good year. Works fine. Can get a bit uncomfortable since I wear glasses.

Acerac

Banned
Apologies to Yeef for being such a scrub medic.

He has been very helpful with hints on how I can correct these problems however, such as the "WHY WOULD YOU UBER A SNIPER" suggestion he gave today. I blame a misclick due to lag and Clivefrog. No worries, I got it off you in a second when I realized you weren't as ridiculous as he is with the class. ;)

Though I kid, any advice I am given is taken to heart. The suggestion to use myself as a human shield while ubered to allow soldiers to get clear shots at sentries given a couple days ago for example. This would have never occurred to me otherwise, but thinking about it it is a very intelligent move which I'll surely take advantage of in the future. If anyone else has any other... kind critiques of my medic play to share, please provide me with them. Though I'm fairly confident with the basics of the class, I'm sure many intricacies of advanced play are beyond what I'd pick up during random matches and I'd love hints on how to improve my game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Acerac said:

He has been very helpful with hints on how I can correct these problems however, such as the "WHY WOULD YOU UBER A SNIPER" suggestion he gave today. I blame a misclick due to lag and Clivefrog. No worries, I got it off you in a second when I realized you weren't as ridiculous as he is with the class. ;)

Though I kid, any advice I am given is taken to heart. The suggestion to use myself as a human shield while ubered to allow soldiers to get clear shots at sentries given a couple days ago for example. This would have never occurred to me otherwise, but thinking about it it is a very intelligent move which I'll surely take advantage of in the future. If anyone else has any other... kind critiques of my medic play to share, please provide me with them. Though I'm fairly confident with the basics of the class, I'm sure many intricacies of advanced play are beyond what I'd pick up during random playing and I'd love hints on how to improve my game.
Trust in your healee to to look forward so he can trust you to look back.
A common thing is if you spot something bad the medic calls MEDIC, and they turn to protect you.

Beyond running at a sentry, if it is at a corner you can try to nudge the engie to rocket splash him or have his wrench hits you.

While ubered know when to fall back if there's a decent pyro that will get you killed if you hold W to try to push forward, or stick really close if you see stickies that can blast you apart.
Additionally if there is a corridor and people are fleeing you can use your better base speed to block exits for enemies, or block incoming explosives like stickies, etc.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Acerac said:

Though I kid, any advice I am given is taken to heart. The suggestion to use myself as a human shield while ubered to allow soldiers to get clear shots at sentries given a couple days ago for example. This would have never occurred to me otherwise, but thinking about it it is a very intelligent move which I'll surely take advantage of in the future. If anyone else has any other... kind critiques of my medic play to share, please provide me with them. Though I'm fairly confident with the basics of the class, I'm sure many intricacies of advanced play are beyond what I'd pick up during random matches and I'd love hints on how to improve my game.
Biggest thing for medics to remember just to fall back when your uber is almost done. People don't do this and it always leaves them over extended.

Other than that, there's no reason for you to watch what your partner is doing. You should be focused more on the surrounding areas and especially behind for spies.

I sometimes forget to do this next one...always keep moving. Even if it's just dancing left and right or up stairs and jumping, it works wonders when spies are trying to backstab you and they just miss or they're so intent on backstabbing that they follow you and it's pretty obvious.

"ALWAYS" look for that escape option if possible. I see that we're outnumbered and the person I'm healing isn't good, I back off as much as humanly possible.

When you've just spawned with other people, give EVERYONE an overheal if there's nobody nearby to fight. Yeef's video was terrible! There was an engie there and one other player that he could've healed to get his charge up faster, but he kept sticking to wartime. If you're running to the front lines, you should move up as fast as possible while healing someone and giving quick heals to people on the way.

Something I don't see a lot of other players do is spam medic
When I'm medic and spamming medic, I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HEAL SO I CAN GET MY CHARGE UP FASTER!
When I'm near a medic, it means I want an overheal so I can go fight and do work.

The other stupid thing I see is medics healing the wrong person. If someone is heading out to fight, YOU HEAL HIM FIRST! I hate it when I step out to fight with a medic healing me and he fucking switches to some scrub twiddling his goddamn thumbs doing nothing. He's not in danger of dying...I AM! If you want heals you NEED to fight. Someone jumping back and running away gets a quick heal, but I KEEP MOVING FORWARD AND HEAL THE PERSON FIGHTING!. Best is when there are two people fighting and you can switch the heals between them. I don't know if you guys notice, but if I see 3 people fighting, I always check their health and make sure they'll healed as much as possible.

Valygar

Finally managed to play at the neogaf server, The level of play was great though the teams were rarely balanced, but it was still fun.

I sucked a lot even with my usual classes, not a good day for me, except with the medic. The one thing I noticed was that Neogaf players don't like to play spy, I think we played for like 3 maps without a spy :O .

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Valygar said:
Finally managed to play at the neogaf server, The level of play was great though the teams were rarely balanced, but it was still fun.

I sucked a lot even with my usual classes, not a good day for me, except with the medic. The one thing I noticed was that Neogaf players don't like to play spy, I think we played for like 3 maps without a spy :O .
paging metaphorically...paging metaphorically....

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Were they full games? I know GAFers tend to realize that when there are only 12 people on the server, a spy isn't that great of a choice. Most of the times there will easily be two spies on attacking, and one on defense.

How many people here managed to get the Field Recorder hat? I just started making uploads and I'm still working on making better videos. Is there any way to "cheat" to get the hat?

Yeef

Acerac said:

You've misquoted me.

2011-09-10 00:49:23 WHY WOULD YOU UBER A SNIPER.
2011-09-10 00:49:26 -caps.
Anyway, the point is, ubering a sniper when there were literally 2 or 3 direct combat classes right next to us is silly. And Frog isn't a real sniper. He uses the huntsman which only requires you to sneeze in the general direction someone is in to hit them. I was using the Bazaar Bargain, which is the weapon real snipers use!

Proven

The other two covered most of the Medic tips I could give. The only things that still came to mind...

There are times when it's better to give your life, or at least put it in extra risk. One case was when you were healing me at the beginning of Stage 3 Goldrush on Red. It was earlier in the week, so you might not remember. You popped uber on me early out of reflex, and thought it was a mistake, but it allowed me to block the Heavy/Medic combo from coming up the stairs and wasting their own uber.

Uber can't be used to cap points, but can be used to block. A cart counts as a control point. I like ubering in the last 10 seconds of a round on defense. Even when you go into overtime in KotH, the opponent's team capture will go down while you're blocking it. At other times, it's better to switch weapons and take the uber off so you can quickly cap a final point.

On CTF maps, whoever has the flag can't be ubered. This means that if you activate on them, they won't be invincible, but you will. Or, if you have the flag, you won't be invincible, but they will still. Use this fact when considering who picks up the flag. The 'L' key is the default for dropping the flag so someone else can pick it up.

Remember the sentry example? An uber can be used to block rockets and bullets. By distracting a sentry, one uber can allow five people to jump out and focus it down. Conversely, one uber can stand in front of a sentry and block all fire heading towards it. Alternatively (with some coordination), you can uber the engineer and he picks up the sentry (or tele!) but it means someone or something else has to be around to kill the people who are firing at you.

When it's only you and wartime or something against three people about to cap the final point, it's better to give him the overheal and then die while baiting people away from the cart.

Again on baiting, it's wonderful. It's smart to chase Medics down, but not when it allows the rest of his team to wipe you out immediately. That's why it's better at times for Heavies and Pyros to focus on killing the patients, as those classes can't always escape and/or defend the Medic at the end of an uber.

If you're on an open map like say... Freight at middle point, realize that as you're ubered there will always be some combination of a Spy waiting behind you, a Sniper lining up a shot across the map, a Demoman laying a carpet bomb around you, a Scout/Soldier jumping in on you, and a Pyro/Heavy fresh from sneaking underwater ready to kill you at point blank range. First five seconds of the uber are for picking and taking out targets. The last five seconds are dedicated to getting out of dodge. For every second of those five you don't use to ensure an escape route, your survivability decreases by 15-20%.

Be a coward. The more a team is getting wrecked, the more you desperately have to build an uber, and if you keep following any ol' group of people into a firefight because you want to keep their health up, they will still get you killed repeatedly and you'll be no closer to capping that point.

Finally, and this is very important when playing on random servers and don't feel like using a mic, be mindful of how much ammo your patient has. You don't want to waste an uber or kritz because wartime had 0 of 8 stickies loaded. Still, there are times when you want to uber someone specifically because they're out of ammo, as they're an MVP and saving them from having to respawn would be just as helpful of the team as saving yourself from having to respawn. It can be anything from saving wartime so he can reload and resticky the cart while you stand on it and keep it from moving, or saving an Engineer right after his buildings are destroyed so that he can rebuild much, much faster.

It's almost disturbing that I equate wartime with sticky launcher demomen.

Yeef said:
You've misquoted me.

Anyway, the point is, ubering a sniper when there were literally 2 or 3 direct combat classes right next to us is silly. And Frog isn't a real sniper. He uses the huntsman which only requires you to sneeze in the general direction someone is in to hit them. I was using the Bazaar Bargain, which is the weapon real snipers use!
Read: Never ever uber Snipers. Even ubering a Spy is more useful thanks to his revolvers. The only exception to this rule is a Hunstman Sniper, who can then attempt an uber taunt kill ftw.

Sciz

Proven said:
Read: Never ever uber Snipers. Even ubering a Spy is more useful thanks to his revolvers. The only exception to this rule is a Hunstman Sniper, who can then attempt an uber taunt kill ftw.
A jarate/bushwhacka sniper can be a pretty lethal threat against a tight group, at least in theory. It'd be a hell of a last ditch effort though.

Top Bottom