• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef said:
He's been playing on the server since back when it was just 1.0 and Java was running it. he took a break though
because he's terrified of me, like all of you!
I took a break over the summer because I went back home and when I go back home I'm with my parents and they make me go to bed earlier than I go to bed when I'm at college

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wasn't playing that much for while, since nob and other people kept bugging me to play League of Legends. I am pretty sure they hate the game now.

Yeef

cooljeanius said:
I took a break over the summer because I went back home and when I go back home I'm with my parents and they make me go to bed earlier than I go to bed when I'm at college
Ned: Good night, my little foundlingadings.
Bart: But it's only 7 o'clock.
Lisa: Yeah, the sun is still out.

Drkirby said:
I wasn't playing that much for while, since nob and other people kept bugging me to play League of Legends. I am pretty sure they hate the game now.
I wonder if they signed up to DOTA2 beta. Would like to play the game with Janky-Ass regulars, if I get in of course.

Tenck

Yeah saw you lag a bit too. I think the bad weather we're having here in Phoenix is making my internet go haywire. Hope it gets fixed soon. Want to stab more of you with my knife.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the server crashed again on my end.

Edit: No, I guess not. Maybe it was having some loading issues.

Acerac

Banned
Sciz said:
Good times on Barnblitz, Acerac. Reminded me a bit of why I started playing heavy in the first place. <3
That Barnblitz was amazing! Thanks to you (and a couple others) I managed to break my medic points record and overall domination record of 6 which I'm pretty sure was originally set against a team using bots.

At first I was happy just to break my medic domination record which was something pathetic like 2, but they just kept coming. I got 7 total on that stock, and I have my patients to thank for gunning them down.

I've said it before I'll say it again, there is nobody I'd rather heal than a smart player using a heavy. No matter how much shit gets talked about heavies on these forums I'll never get sick of seeing them. Thank you for making medic an awesome class to play.

Acerac

Banned
SteveWinwood said:
Guys don't turn this into the halo thread plz

I used to watch captain simian at my grandmas house. Good shit.
I agree. I still don't have a halo, having started this April and all. I feel horribly left out whenever it becomes one of those threads.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Heh, Artemis asks for crates, saying he will give me the Unusual if he gets one. I find a single crate, give it to him, he starts going "What, one crate", but I know. "Yep, I have confidence in this one"

Artemis opens it, Unusual Bucket Helm.

Now, will he give me the hat or not :eek:

AcciDante

53DAEEC474A80342F24841016B3F3CF5FFDCDBB2

That was quite a key buying party tonight, gents.

Forkball

Drkirby said:
Heh, Artemis asks for crates, saying he will give me the Unusual if he gets one. I find a single crate, give it to him, he starts going "What, one crate", but I know. "Yep, I have confidence in this one"

Artemis opens it, Unusual Bucket Helm.

Now, will he give me the hat or not :eek:
I told him not to. I'm almost certain that it randomizes the loot once you open it and not before, so it really doesn't matter which crate you open. So suck on THAT.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
I told him not to. I'm almost certain that it randomizes the loot once you open it and not before, so it really doesn't matter which crate you open. So suck on THAT.
Oh, I know that much. I just found the fact I called it funny.

No, I have no major gripes if he keeps the hat, he was just saying for about 20 minutes that if he found an unusual, he would give it to me.

Yasae

Banned
Drkirby said:
Oh, I know that much. I just found the fact I called it funny.

No, I have no major gripes if he keeps the hat, he was just saying for about 20 minutes that if he found an unusual, he would give it to me.
Artemis isn't so bad I guess
, the reneging son of a bitch.

Those were fun games tonight, lads. I haven't seen a ratio over one on pyro since the Mesozoic era.

I don't play much on the GAF server, so I don't know how well it might go over, but I'd like to recommend a map for admins to consider:

KOTH_MegaMan6

I played this the other day and was pretty impressed by it. It's sort of a silly theme-breaking map obviously, but it carries the Mega Man styling well. Each round it picks a different map out of a pool (of six or eight, can't recall which), themed on the Robot Master's stage, and each one is unique; they're not just cheap reskins.

What struck me the most though is that the maps actually have interesting layouts, it's not just relying on the Mega Man theming to carry it. They all have unique hazards and gimmicks as well, like fans and ceiling spikes. But they don't get in the way of playing the map.

Couple of videos, but it's hard to find good ones:

http://www.xfire.com/video/4aaa74/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4xaBT2sj64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2fhHnSZOT8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o_1gb_F9I8 (I swear I didn't pick a video with pony mods on purpose, it's the only other one I saw)

Yeef

I've enabled the map rating weighting. Maps with 30 ratings or more will have their likelihood of coming up randomly in map votes increased or decreased depending on their average rating. I'll work on integrating the ratings into the stats pages tomorrow.

Yeef said:
I've enabled the map rating weighting. Maps with 30 ratings or more will have their likelihood of coming up randomly in map votes increased or decreased depending on their average rating. I'll work on integrating the ratings into the stats pages tomorrow.

I vote hightower 24/7 (thatd be like 3 matches a day).

I have 2 accounts on 1 CC and cant do anymore....Valve wont take my money!!
someone said paypal.....can I use the same paypal account for more then 2 tf accounts?

mojiimbo

JackFrost said:
I vote hightower 24/7 (thatd be like 3 matches a day).

I have 2 accounts on 1 CC and cant do anymore....Valve wont take my money!!
someone said paypal.....can I use the same paypal account for more then 2 tf accounts?
You'll be able to fund two more Steam accounts out of that Paypal account assuming you haven't used it on an existing account, from what I can tell.

mojiimbo said:
You'll be able to fund two more Steam accounts out of that Paypal account assuming you haven't used it on an existing account, from what I can tell.
Lame.

Thx for reply though....appreciated.
I thought i read that you could multi however many you wanted through paypal. Dont know if i wanna go through the hassle of redoing this over and over for a account a day scenario.

sixghost

Acerac said:
That Barnblitz was amazing! Thanks to you (and a couple others) I managed to break my medic points record and overall domination record of 6 which I'm pretty sure was originally set against a team using bots.

At first I was happy just to break my medic domination record which was something pathetic like 2, but they just kept coming. I got 7 total on that stock, and I have my patients to thank for gunning them down.

I've said it before I'll say it again, there is nobody I'd rather heal than a smart player using a heavy. No matter how much shit gets talked about heavies on these forums I'll never get sick of seeing them. Thank you for making medic an awesome class to play.
SSBM player detected.

Sianos

Obsessed said:
Nucleus is the worst regular map we play!

Gunslinger Engies + Snipers + Soliders. SO ANNOYING.

Scout is so much fun on Nucleus, Crouch Atomizer Jumping/Boston Basher Jumping gives you complete control over the map, letting you get anywhere from any part of the map.

Obsessed said:
But the mini sentries! THE MINI SENTRIES!

Run pistol or shortstop, or edge them with Scattergun. Baby sentries aren't that bad, last night I had most destroyed as Scout. :p

Sciz

Obsessed said:
Nucleus is the worst regular map we play!

Gunslinger Engies + Snipers + Soliders. SO ANNOYING.
That and Hightower are two of my favorites, but that probably has a lot to do with why everyone else hates them.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:
That and Hightower are two of my favorites, but that probably has a lot to do with why everyone else hates them.
Hightower is one of my least favorites but I like nucleus and nucleus arena reasonably well. You can play snipper and hide on roofs with soldat and scout!

I think we need to combine the awesome 45-minute, no time limit, same map area, power of hightower with thunder mountain. Thunder tower! Three different maps, each one a payload race as long as hightower, followed by the same thing repeated in the opposite direction. Consider yourself lucky if both teams finish in under 5 hours!

Yeef

Sciz said:
A man of refinement.

Hightower and Nucleus are both great because they are amongst the few maps where every class can work well. the are the antithesis of maps like Dustbowl and Goldrush that favor the spammy classes.

Also, I think I'm going to start working on a map. If anyone else is interested in making maps I'd be glad to run a little contest with prizes. Otherwise I'll just make one to spite Artistdude and his lack of Brickyarder!

Sianos

XeroSauce said:
I love Nucleus. To death. I can play any of my preferred classes on it perfectly.
I found a 24/7 Nuke map recently...<3
That sounds like great fun to play while the GAF server is inactive: care to share? :3

Top Bottom