• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
*Feels exposed*

Y0Zlt.jpg

Why the fuck are Nighteam servers allowed in the Valve rotation?

I was getting progressively more and more pissed off at this sniper, before realizing what server I was playing on. I need to find every single nighteam server and blacklist them immediately.

divisionbyzorro said:

I was getting progressively more and more pissed off at this sniper, before realizing what server I was playing on. I need to find every single nighteam server and blacklist them immediately.
What's wrong with them again? Is it just that they use bots?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm starting to think I'm one of the only regulars who doesn't have an idle account. I'm almost sure I'm the only admin who doesn't.

:p

Rapstah

divisionbyzorro said:

- Infinite ammo
- 50% speed boost
- You get 50 health (stacks to overheal) every time you get a kill
- Engineers can have three sentries

This sounds like very slight boosts that give just the edge to whomever supports the server with a minor one-time donation. All fair.

Clydefrog

Borgnine said:
http://i.imgur.com/Y0Zlt.jpg

Thanks for not putting the crosshair on my crotch.

Zerokku said:
I'm starting to think I'm one of the only regulars who doesn't have an idle account. I'm almost sure I'm the only admin who doesn't.

I only have one and I log on it maybe once a month to idle for like 10 hours.

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:

I did that long ago. Just go into the server browser and in filter put include nightteam (remove all other filters). Then highlight them all and blacklist them. Do the same for Saigns.

SteveWinwood said:
I love the stats. So many numbers and stupid stuff to look through. My favorite map is not upward though :/
'Favorite map' just means map you've spent the most time playing total. I suppose I could edit the page so that it says "longest played map" or something. I'm wary of doing too many edits to the actual pages, because when there are updates they might be overwritten. I've already done a few as it is and I don't even remember most of them.

Acerac

Banned
I'd imagine it doesn't make as much sense to idle if you've been at this for a while. I on the other hand just started a few months ago, so I need to catch up. I finally have enough spare metal to pick up hats/strange weapons for all my main classes while keeping one of every basic weapon.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Zerokku said:

I'm with you, I got zilch. Although, I do have a giftable copy of TF2 from the Potato ARG.

Zerokku said:

I don't have one. Most of the instructions for setting them up seem to be PC-only. I might create one if I find some sort of Mac instructions, though...

Borgnine

Fuck an idle account. I've already achieved maximum arsenal and haberdashery. I've got metal coming out of my ass and I'm mostly annoyed with item pop-ups in game now. No you can not have any of my stuff.

Rapstah said:
- Infinite ammo
- 50% speed boost
- You get 50 health (stacks to overheal) every time you get a kill
- Engineers can have three sentries

This sounds like very slight boosts that give just the edge to whomever supports the server with a minor one-time donation. All fair.

First, the bonuses are much more egregious - snipers instantly charge, for example. Second, even the bonuses you suggested are all bullshit and provide massive advantages. To suggest that it is "fair" is asinine.

Acerac

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
First, the bonuses are much more egregious - snipers instantly charge, for example. Second, even the bonuses you suggested are all bullshit and provide massive advantages. To suggest that it is "fair" is asinine.
You have fallen in to a sar-chasm.

3 sentries up at one time is pretty much as dumb as it gets.

Javaman

Zerokku said:

I don't, although I've been idling my only account lately since I hadn't been playing much.

divisionbyzorro said:
He even italicized it for you. Come on.

divisionbyzorro said:

whoosh

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Acerac said:
You have fallen in to a sar-chasm.

3 sentries up at one time is pretty much as dumb as it gets.
What are you talking about? Who wouldn't want to play against a team with 36 mini-sentries scattered around like easter eggs?

Sorry - I was still a little on edge. I've never been wrecked that badly before by a sniper; I remember thinking "Damn - it's like he can charge instantly!" Then I realized that was actually happening. RAGE.

I've calmed down now.

Yeef

Joined random matchmaking server playing Lakeside. Dominated with every class 1 by 1 changing only at the end of a round. Get Jumper's Jeepcap drop as a spy.

I'd say that's a good session.

Acerac

Banned
fallengorn said:
What are you talking about? Who wouldn't want to play against a team with 36 mini-sentries scattered around like easter eggs?
That would be hilarious now that you mention it.

Just finished getting the achievement for the Spiral Sallet. So glad that's over. It'd be a fun little game if people didn't constantly idle every map. Completely ruins the experience when you can't progress because somebody just stops playing without closing the game down.

Sciz

Acerac said:
Just finished getting the achievement for the Spiral Sallet. So glad that's over. It'd be a fun little game if people didn't constantly idle every map. Completely ruins the experience when you can't progress because somebody just stops playing without closing the game down.
I much, much preferred soloing to playing with random people. A bit more dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it for boss runs, but it was fun and profitable.

divisionbyzorro said:

I think I just got off one of those too. At least, the server was talking about a premium account and one of the players mentioned "Nightteam". I still managed to have the highest score in a lot of the matches, which is sort of sad, especially since I played Medic the entire time.

commissar

Zerokku said:

I have never idled anything

*internet high five*

edit:
Yeef what's the deal with those website stats?
August has less page accesses and less hits than July but like 7x the bandwidth used??

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Speaking of Idling, I seem to have pulled a good hull from the past 14 hours while I was out. 2 hats, and weapons that I smelted down to 3 refined, 1 reclaimed, and one scrap.

Got a Fancy Fedora, and an Industrial Festivizer.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
NSQuote said:
300 hours, no hat drops. Maybe I'll get one at 500? :p
You need to pray to the Hat Fairy, you have likely fallen into the pitfall many do by praying to the Hat God, but the Hat God only makes hats, not distributes them! That my friend is the job of the Hat Fairy. Says so in the Book of Mann 3: 4-18.

Borgnine

Drkirby said:
Speaking of Idling, I seem to have pulled a good hull

Don't try and sounds out words Kirby it doesn't work for you.

Also Friday night is best night so admins feel free to kick any free players or Kuros so I am assured a spot tonight thanks.

Friend of mine who never plays TF2 just gave me his stuff.

Frying Pan, Bill's Hat, Ellis Cap and an alien swarm parasite.

Wonder what I can get for them hmm.

DarkKyo

MrPing1000 said:

Bill's hat will go for a lot... other stuff not so much.

MrPing1000 said:

Bill's Hat will buy you many beautiful women aiming to please. Shit it seriously valuable.

MrPing1000 said:

bill's are worth about $9 USD unpainted. you could get 4 keys for an unpainted one.

Bakphoon

MrPing1000 said:

Edit2:

This is not a trading thread so i won't woffer anything here. But i would recommend you keeping this awesome hat.

Edit:

Cuban Legend said:
bill's are worth about $9 USD unpainted. you could get 4 keys for an unpainted one.

Unpainted bills go for 5 keys now :/ i would love getting a unpainted one for 4 keys

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Borgnine said:
Don't try and sounds out words Kirby it doesn't work for you.

Also Friday night is best night so admins feel free to kick any free players or Kuros so I am assured a spot tonight thanks.
Ehhh...if what admins want is ICANONLYPLAYSOLLYNINE...

And for God's sake, kirby... 'haul' not 'hull'

'HAUL'
You make the ESL teacher in me sad... :(

Bakphoon

Clydefrog said:
Bill's Hat is an ugly piece of shit beret. Give me that pyro chef hat - now that's a hat!

LIES! ALL LIES! TAKE THAT BACK!

Warning this picture could offend many people here, see it at your own risk:

http://imgur.com/LSD76

MrPing1000 said:
Wasn't really asking for offers.

I play Scout and Pyro mostly.

I'd kill for a flaming hottie's hoodie.

I can get you one if you want.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A flaming one? Wouldn't that cost like $100+, or did you not notice the part where he said flaming?

And while the Chef hat is nice, I love my Sombrio.

Drkirby said:
A flaming one? Wouldn't that cost like $100+, or did you not notice the part where he said flaming?

And while the Chef hat is nice, I love my Sombrio.

More like $300 lol. Can't believe people pay $100+ for a hat. It is literally the only hat I want to any real degree, but I'd never pay for a hat, ever lol.

Top Bottom