• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Proven

Sciz said:
A jarate/bushwhacka sniper can be a pretty lethal threat against a tight group, at least in theory. It'd be a hell of a last ditch effort though.
Ok, I have ubered a Sniper before just to watch him fail with his melee weapon.

And I have been willing to kritz Snipers so they can get easy 150+ dmg body shots.

Then I played on the GAF server and lost what little compassion I had for them. Now at best I'll uber one, tell him to charge, and then switch targets before a crit hits him.

Yeef

Matchmaking players are brilliant. They've figured out such great strategies.
Fortunately, I managed to single handedly win both games for our team.

D21D4E9CA29A4150948EBF5A1E364C1B8DC04929

ABFFF5A649549890DFBD893D25134ED9A46A972C

CE943FFE76F91D2F2FDFF51A671ED78FC9161A41

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
paging metaphorically...paging metaphorically....

Was surprised when I didn't see him.

But yeah, I had you guys covered as two annoying classes on Hightower last night as spy and sniper.

@Valygar: Gaf players are paranoid of spies, so you either have to be godly at the class (artist and Metaphorically) or you have to get lucky (like me!).

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
In many ways this is the funniest tf2 picture I have ever seen.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tenck said:
Was surprised when I didn't see him.

But yeah, I had you guys covered as two annoying classes on Hightower last night as spy and sniper.

@Valygar: Gaf players are paranoid of spies, so you either have to be godly at the class (artist and Metaphorically) or you have to get lucky (like me!).
Pfft...paranoid...annoyed...raged...
Fucking doucheringers; DON'T THINK I FORGOT, YEEF!

I still can't get used to lucksman; a lot of the hits I had on harvest were luck.

And I wish I'd saved my recording of metaphorically today...you douched too close to me this time, bastard! >:)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeef said:

It wasn't hilarious until I noticed the status of the points.

There was a blackout here and when the electricity came back it friggin' melted the insides of my modem. At least my cellphone still has internet. =|

Something I'd like to mention is that I can't barely play cowmangler Soldier since people on pubs don't know how to destroy sentry nests! They always go with Heavies instead of Demomen, or don't use the damn sticky launcher.

Forkball

Yeef how many hats have you found on your main account recently? You say you've been finding a lot of hats recently, but this is through all your accounts right? I haven't found a hat on my main account since April. And shit, it was a duplicate of a hat I already had drop on me earlier. My idle account has been up for about three or four weeks, but still not hats or even name tags, duels, paints etc.

Yeef

I found a Jumper's Jeepcap on my main yesterday. Before that it had been months.

[EDIT]
Kuro Madoushi said:
Pfft...paranoid...annoyed...raged...
Fucking doucheringers; DON'T THINK I FORGOT, YEEF!
Are you talking about on Goldrush? Because that was WONDERFUL. Didn't bother to save a replay since replays don't have the HUD. If that Heavy weren't there and so oblivious you would have definitely killed me. I was at like 15 health. Decloak, stab Heavy, 185 health. Turn around and Enforce justice!

Bakphoon

I want an unusual, too :(

But i think i would rather be better at TF2 than you all before i get an unusual :(

Actually i would be even happy with a Max' severed Head :/

Yeef

Bah, that replay i took on Gorge just crashes TF2 for me.

It was terrible. I lead our team to victory then, during humiliation I got swapped. And NS and Zomba didn't even have the decency to let me live!

Sianos

Yeef said:
Bah, that replay i took on Gorge just crashes TF2 for me.

It was terrible. I lead our team to victory then, during humiliation I got swapped. And NS and Zomba didn't even have the decency to let me live!
8C7B0486501455C57EE894017E9E377D7D7D19C7

R.I.P. YEEF

"HE WAS A GOOD BEAR"

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:
You've misquoted me.

Anyway, the point is, ubering a sniper when there were literally 2 or 3 direct combat classes right next to us is silly. And Frog isn't a real sniper. He uses the huntsman which only requires you to sneeze in the general direction someone is in to hit them. I was using the Bazaar Bargain, which is the weapon real snipers use!
I selectively quoted you. According to Fox News this strategy is completely legitimate!

In all seriousness though, it was a total misclick due to lag, which I quickly rectified. It just seemed to be on you longer due to the bonus 2 seconds of charge given after a new target is selected.

As for all the hints given, thanks! There were a few I already had knowledge of, but certainly a few gems that I was completely unaware of! For example, I had already known to call medic when I was looking for a patient, but to call it again when I was healing and needed assistance? Amazing tip that'll be constantly useful!

Please be patient with me, and you'll often be my patient. Oh god the puns I deserve death.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Acerac said:
I selectively quoted you. According to Fox News this strategy is completely legitimate!

In all seriousness though, it was a total misclick due to lag, which I quickly rectified. It just seemed to be on you longer due to the bonus 2 seconds of charge given after a new target is selected.

As for all the hints given, thanks! There were a few I already had knowledge of, but certainly a few gems that I was completely unaware of! For example, I had already known to call medic when I was looking for a patient, but to call it again when I was healing and needed assistance? Amazing tip that'll be constantly useful!

Please be patient with me, and you'll often be my patient. Oh god the puns I deserve death.
PonyGAF and PunGAF *shakes head*

So at risk of sounding like a whiney bitch, it feels like there are way too many unbalanced games on the server (it even tanked the server population this afternoon after some really embarassing steamrolls). It feels like the initial scramble happens too soon; only about half of the server population has connected when the "waiting for players" phase has ended. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it feels. Also, I totally hate being yanked out of a team in the middle of a game, but given the wide range of skill on the server, I kinda feel like maybe there should be a scramble in the middle of the map even if all stages haven't been complete.

I dunno; I like playing on GAF because I see a lot of advanced play, but it also feels like the hard-fought, evenly matched games are few and far between. Or maybe I've just been unlucky so far; who knows. Just my two cents.

I've just gotten into this - is it common to get drops to 30fps when there's a lot going on, despite getting a locked 60fps in other Source games like Portal 2, HL2 and L4D?

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I've just gotten into this - is it common to get drops to 30fps when there's a lot going on, despite getting a locked 60fps in other Source games like Portal 2, HL2 and L4D?
TF2 is the most demanding/taxing of all source games, drops are normal especially when there is a lot going on

Blizzard

Banned
Just a heads up, I got the PC Gamer issue that has the League of Legends Caitlyn code in it, but I don't see anything about the Killer Exclusive hat...so either that's UK only, or I missed it, or else it's in a different issue. =(

Blizzard said:
Just a heads up, I got the PC Gamer issue that has the League of Legends Caitlyn code in it, but I don't see anything about the Killer Exclusive hat...so either that's UK only, or I missed it, or else it's in a different issue. =(

shit I forgot about that....gnna browse the magazine section tomorrow just for it.

Is it just printed in there or is it on like a demo disc or some nonsense....any1 know?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
My bet is that it will be in next months issue.

On anther note, TF2 refuses to save my Graphics Settings, any idea why?

Greyvvolf

Blizzard said:
I'm pretty sure the issue with the code was supposed to come out September 30th.

Sianos

I wait through all of Hoodoo to play Kakariko... and then it crashes.

That quad caber kill was amazing, really wish I saved a replay (as usual). Completely shut down Blue's push, letting us build up and win.

Yeef

I think sometime next week I'm going to try setting up a server at another host on a trial basis. I'm all for Jank, but it's getting ridiculous.

I was raging tonight because of the terrible hit registration screwing me over so much.

[EDIT]
2011-09-10 23:07:07 Connect I connected to the server.
2011-09-10 23:09:01 Kill I killed Javaman with scattergun.
2011-09-10 23:09:03 Disconnect I left the game.
I did what I came to do and saw it through without exemption.

cooljeanius said:
Hey fuck you man I'm not a newcomer I've played 480 hours and most on the GAF server. You're just saying that cuz I was fucking drunk tonight. Anyway here's that mantreads kill video from the other night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_yfeRnTeIs&feature=colike

Wait whuuuuut?

I never saw your name on the server before.

And fine. Let's get "philosophical." Drunk you is a different person. So technically there was a newcomer. ;)

Yeef

Obsessed said:
Wait whuuuuut?

And fine. Let's get "philosophical." Drunk you is a different person. So technically there was a newcomer. ;)
He's been playing on the server since back when it was just 1.0 and Java was running it. he took a break though
because he's terrified of me, like all of you!

Obsessed said:
Wait whuuuuut?

I suppose you have a point there ;-) ;-) ;-)

Top Bottom