• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Proven

Forkball said:
6126293466_640b808bc4_b.jpg
This Pyro set looks too fucking awesome.
Edit:
Forkball said:
I just realized this is a reference to Coraline and am now appropriately creeped out.

Tenck

I can't play Spy on this Janky server. Everyone always turns around :/

I did have a good spy game, but that was because I got lucky with some of you.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Obsessed said:
I get the feeling people took my "soldier is the only viable class on Nucleus" joke seriously.

In my defense I pretty much always play Soldier on Nucleus. Its one of the few maps you can be sure I actually wont be playing heavy.

Ever since the Cow Mangler came out I'm always Soldier on Nucleus. Unlimited ammo and great places to zap the point with the charged blast, lol.

ArtistDude88 said:
Ever since the Cow Mangler came out I'm always Soldier on Nucleus. Unlimited ammo and great places to zap the point with the charged blast, lol.

Hence my joke. Soldiers were already annoying on Nucleus. Now they are even MORE annoying.

Oreoleo

Zerokku said:
In my defense I pretty much always play Soldier on Nucleus. Its one of the few maps you can be sure I actually wont be playing heavy.

Hah seriously. I'm in the middle of a bit of a love affair with the heavy, but I will not play as it on Nucleus. Too open. Too many snipers. Too vulnerable.

That Saxton Hale action figure is really awesome.

And I got a hat drop tonight!
250px-FvN_detective_noir_screen.png

Edit: Just realized that Thundermountain just took us like 50 minutes to get through. I know it's not news that it is a long map, but damn. I just looked at the clock and thought it was like 20 minutes ago.

Blizzard

Banned
Zerokku said:
Nucleus is one of the very few maps where I used to play scout a lot. Lots of jumping for jumpguys.

Acerac

Banned
So yeah, about that Viaduct match after most people left...

DAMN.

Please don't limit my favorite pocket class. So what if they totally ruin games sometimes?

Borgnine said:
Where's my awesome screenshot Zerokku? Thanks for all the heals chesskid, until Yeef's stupid coding switched me in the middle of a life and I had to repeatedly kill you. Can't remember who the medic was on Thundermountain, but we pretty much sealed the victory with uberwhip.

That was me. I was a bit shocked at first, but I knew if anyone could pull off an uberwhip it would be you. Earlier I ubered Pangloss as an engy and he killed an opposing medic purely through intimidation.

It was an interesting night for me despite how few matches I got in.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Where's my awesome screenshot Zerokku? Thanks for all the heals chesskid, until Yeef's stupid coding switched me in the middle of a life and I had to repeatedly kill you. Can't remember who the medic was on Thundermountain, but we pretty much sealed the victory with uberwhip.

Acerac said:
So yeah, about that Viaduct match after most people left...

DAMN.
I didn't kill anyone when I was in RED, and I'm very sure that I shot to Wagosto's and your head three times each, but the damn thing never registered the shots!

Unlike with Fallengorn, who I killed a few times and I shot next to the head almost everytime.

Proven

I had to sign off early tonight due to a friend.

And just for the GAF server, I'm going to practice more Soldier/Demo just to help deal with Heavies. Heavies only have the highest DPS in close combat after all.

Chesskid1

Banned
damn me.

-just got a 2nd premium account for idling
-minimum amount to add was $5, so might as well buy 2 keys (idiot).
-about to break 100 hours, started since f2p

yikes! hats are starting to grow on me and i wanted to give money for TF2 so it's all good i guess.

edit: trying to figure out how to xfer items between accounts now.

edit: found a safe'n'sound and a strange bonesaw /w the keys.

vanty

Only found 2 hats in between the time hat drops began and last week, and now have found 2 more in the past few days. Geisha Boy the other day, now the Stately Steel Toe. Just wish I could paint it pink, have two different pink paint cans but the only hats I want to paint (the Stately Steel Toe and Modest Pile of Hat) are unpaintable. Why Valve why?!?

Chesskid1 said:
damn me.

yikes! hats are starting to grow on me and i wanted to give money for TF2 so it's all good i guess.

you should've traded the keys for hats that you wanted! :-(

A key is worth a decent amount, and you could've gotten some good hats.

Anilusion

So one of my idle accounts has gotten 1 weapon and 1 crate this week, but I haven't gotten any more drops for ages. I have idled 2 nights now. What's wrong?

Anilusion said:
So one of my idle accounts has gotten 1 weapon and 1 crate this week, but I haven't gotten any more drops for ages. I have idled 2 nights now. What's wrong?
Are you familiar with the amount of drops you can get per week?

Anilusion said:
My main got 2 drops thus far (1 was crate) played bout 12 hours thus far. Valve fucking with me. I could understand if it was my 5$ idle but i dropped bout 50$ in this account (mainly drunken gifting)

Borgnine

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeef, the stats page didn't update. I was to receive a gold ribbon, you've ruined my big day. And my life.

Bakphoon

Anilusion said:

That same happened on my main account :(

(the idler got his items though)

Yeef

Borgnine said:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeef, the stats page didn't update. I was to receive a gold ribbon, you've ruined my big day. And my life.
There was scheduled downtime on my webhost that I forgot about during the time the awards normally get generated. Ran it manually. Your whip is now golden.

Also, do you guys think I should bother with making ribbons higher than gold? It's easy, but tedious work. It'd also take forever to get them. Right now bronze is 3 awards, silver is 10 and gold is 25 (the defaults were 1 3 and 10 respectively). If I were to make like diamond and platinum and such it'd probably be 75 and 200. That is a lot of awards.

Proven

Chesskid1 said:
damn me.

Aw, dammit. I need to get more hats to trade for hats I want.

Yeah, my alts got really shitty drops this week too. One of them got 10 items; the rest averaged 5. They all idled overnight too. Probably karmic rebalancing for the two hats I got last week.

Yo dam, there was this one time when I wanted a Soda Popper, and I asked on the GAF Server, if anyone had a spare Soda Popper for a scrap metal. It was Metaphorically. He traded me a Soda Popper for my scrap...and I found out today that it wasn't really a spare...

It was crafted (blueprint = 1 Reclaimed Metal, Bonk, Force of Nature).

He is a nice spy =D

The drop system has hated me ever since I got my last hat drop about 3 months ago. I've had to trade for most of my Uber Update items and still don't have them all.

Borgnine

Yeef said:
Also, do you guys think I should bother with making ribbons higher than gold? It's easy, but tedious work. It'd also take forever to get them. Right now bronze is 3 awards, silver is 10 and gold is 25 (the defaults were 1 3 and 10 respectively). If I were to make like diamond and platinum and such it'd probably be 75 and 200. That is a lot of awards.

I don't know that I'd even bother with it right now. Since the awards are basically just time dependent and favor those who main a class, any more awards would just be for a small group of people. 75 is a long ways away, can always do it later. Also I'd have to come up with diamond and platinum related names, fuck that. I don't even know what platinum is, some sort of gas I wager.

Borgnine

Clydefrog said:
Honestly, I think Borgnine is the only person who looks at the stats.

Pffft, as though the opinion of a man with a 1.1546 k/d ratio matters to anyone! Ye of 0.4114 headshots per kill, truly you have achieved 0.4114 relevance per post!

Top Bottom