• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Clydefrog

ZZCDS.jpg

arrows do nothing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
masterofcoin said:
I totally do! At least most of the time. I need to stop relying on switching weapons with my scroll wheel though, I'm always fiddling around with it as people fill my face in with lead.
Take a look and see who has killed you the most (I should be up there); you make it easy cause you rely way too much on the flamethrower.

Poor server...
Server wa mou shinderu yo... :(

Valygar

For the Scroll Wheel guys, my setup is like this:

Scroll up: Main weapon
Scroll down : Secondary weapon
ALT: Melee weapon

Ctrl: Strange macro, I equip the Melee weapon and keep attacking while I hold it, when I stop pressing it, it equips the previous weapon. Good for emergencies.

//Melee Toggle and Auto-Buttwhoopin'
alias +melee "slot3; +attack"
alias -melee "-attack; wait; lastinv"
bind "ctrl" "+melee"

I'm the same with the scroll wheel, except I map melee to the side button on my mouse. Mouse wheel click is a utility script for different classes. It makes the soldier/pyro/demo do a rocket/detonator/sticky jump, the spy gets a quick disguise-as-last-class, the medic gets the 'radar' script, and the engie gets a toggling wrench attack (click once to pull out the wrench and start swinging, click again to stop swinging and switch to the last weapon).

Sgt.Pepper said:
What the fuck is wrong with the locations in the stats page? Micronesia, Tarzania, American Saoma. lol

Sciz is from Iraq apparently.
I first noticed it when Kirby connected from the Cook Islands last night.

(._.)

Banned
Pancakes said:
Today I learned:

SUYzX.png
It does though once the round has begun. Really doesn't matter because an uber is usually finished by the time setup is over. Only map where you can kill the opposing team during setup is cp_well I believe.

Smithy C

After finally getting the Internet set up in my new house, I tried TF2 and found that the Internet here is pathetic. I guess I will be back playing again in the holidays. Great.

Javaman

Healing yourself DOES reduce the medic's charge rate during setup. If you stand near the cart on pipeline for instance the medic won't have time to get a full charge.

(._.) said:
Only map where you can kill the opposing team during setup is cp_well I believe.

Pretty sure I've killed or at least burned quite a few people during setup. I've found that if someone is right up against the gate and I fire the flamethrower 'through' them, it goes through the gate too.

I found many servers locked with 1 sniper per team. I was mad because I couldn't play it. Then I moved to a server without lock. God, chinese/korean free 2 play are depressing... There were 5 snipers in each teams...

Chinner

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
Just got a 5850 Xtreme. I can see TF2 in its full glory again.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542905036718778066/25DF6A731E38AD8EE9A9A7A1F70A6D205FA3D09D/[img][/QUOTE]
tell me about it bro
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a8lXv.jpg

(._.)

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
Pretty sure I've killed or at least burned quite a few people during setup. I've found that if someone is right up against the gate and I fire the flamethrower 'through' them, it goes through the gate too.
You used to be able to do stuff like that on dustbowl and a couple other maps over time. They have pretty much patched that out on every map. Sometimes when a new weapon is added or after an update the bug comes back but it is then fixed.

cp_well allows for you to jump over the cargo carage which divides the middle point. That is a purposful design.

Yeef

No matter how much I try, I just can't go back to the regular shotgun for soldier. The Reserve Shooter is so much fun. The faster switch speed also helps a lot with the last-ditch equalizer kills.

XeroSauce

Yeef said:
No matter how much I try, I just can't go back to the regular shotgun for soldier. The Reserve Shooter is so much fun. The faster switch speed also helps a lot with the last-ditch equalizer kills.

I play with FJ/RS almost exclusivly, so when I switch back to the regular shotgun, it's almost a luxury having so many shots.

Yeef

XeroSauce said:
I play with FJ/RS almost exclusivly, so when I switch back to the regular shotgun, it's almost a luxury having so many shots.
I stick to the shotgun on every other class, but if, by some divine foolishness, Valve decided to let the Pyro use the reserve shooter there'd be no reason to use anything else.

I never cared for the Frontier justice personally. I don't like having to rely on my sentry dying for damage output.

Sciz

The Frontier Justice is ok, but being saddled with a big glowy "I AM A THREAT KILL ME" stick and losing a lot of your sustained combat viability has some unpleasant downsides.

Sianos

Just bought an idle account with some money I had left over from another purchase.

I am now a true member of the TF2 community.

Bakphoon

mojiimbo said:
Did you set up a new idle account and are you trying to pay for it using the same Paypal/credit card that you have previously used on another account?

No, each paysafecard is treated as an another card. I had also no problems with setting up the first idler (did that some weeks ago) , this would be the second one.

Also the steam wallet shows "5€"

Yeef said:
Eh, the smaller clip size is pretty hard to get used to. The airborne minicrits almost never happen, and the weapon switch speed increase isn't as noticeable as with the Degreaser.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I couldn't stand that thing, the small clip size ruins it for me. The Shotgun is my "Oh shit, I am out of rockets and he isn't dead!" weapon, 3 shots just doesn't last for me with my aim.

I still love getting into the situation of "Oh shit, I am out of Ammo and all I have is this crummy Sanvich" as a heavy, then flailing around trying to finishing off people with the GRU if I can't get away.

Yasae

Banned
Tenck said:
http://i.imgur.com/e1hdc.jpg
I bet you guys could never tell which is my favorite class.

Spy is becoming so much easier to play on the Gaf server. Maybe it's because you guys are not as paranoid when Metaphorically is on.

Edit:

I'll pitch in anyways I can. Can't be through Paypal though, too much of a hassle to resolve my issues with them.
Metaphorically doesn't usually get legitimate kills. He's gotten maybe five good stabs on me the whole time I've played against him. The rest are sideswipes or stair stabs which are cheese-based connects - they're gimme kills.

He's still very susceptible to respawn timing and triangulation methods, thankfully.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
I couldn't stand that thing, the small clip size ruins it for me. The Shotgun is my "Oh shit, I am out of rockets and he isn't dead!" weapon, 3 shots just doesn't last for me with my aim.
There's your problem. It's shoot at feet, switch, shoot in air, dead. Repeat. I've found the extra switch time also helps against heavies. Corner them as much as possible then when you can't anymore switch to reserve shooter and take them down with one final shot.

TGMIII

awwyeahgurrl said:
Hey guys, I've not really been around to promote the euro server too much lately, I'm just getting busier and busier. Basically I'm looking for an active euro player to take over admining the server for the next while, or else it's going to continue to sit empty and my money goes to waste.

If anyone is interested let me know via steam/PM.

Just quoting myself with this, no one has came forward so far : (

Top Bottom