• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

awwyeahgurrl said:
Just quoting myself with this, no one has came forward so far : (
You should add the server to the (already big) TF2 steam group, and make announcements there. I would join more often, but I always forget to join the euro tf2 group. People can jump in there when Janky-Ass is down/full or whatever, especially now since Janky-Ass is being....janky.

TGMIII

Kuro Madoushi said:
You usually even get a full server?

I'd do it, but I'd get shitty ping on it.

We get a full server when people actually bother joining, which wasn't all that often.

sgt.pepper said:
You should add the server to the (already big) TF2 steam group, and make announcements there. I would join more often, but I always forget to join the euro tf2 group. People can jump in there when Janky-Ass is down/full or whatever, especially now since Janky-Ass is being....janky.

Yeah if Art or Yeef wouldn't mind doing this I'd appreciate it.

Yeef

You have to talk to Javaman about getting announcement privileges in the steam group.

5C5A5AE635E6349C9ED1768DA69BA45BFE23560C

cooljeanius said:
What's this about Yasae and Hearts or Spades?

Yasae said:
7:36 PM - Yasae: alright so
7:36 PM - Yasae: time to start the server up, yes?
7:36 PM - Yasae: unless you want to play hearts or spades
7:36 PM - Yasae: which you'll lose at badly

Stay tuned for the Minesweeper Challenge

Proven

Javaman said:
Healing yourself DOES reduce the medic's charge rate during setup. If you stand near the cart on pipeline for instance the medic won't have time to get a full charge.
Did not know this... so it means that all of the usual things that slow down healing in battle outside of the 90% of maximum possible health rule is still in effect during set up time? That sucks.

As for the Reserve Shooter, I'm used to playing with just 3 rockets, a whip, and a banner; so just 3 shots is fine enough.

There was an item schema update just now. Added the PCGamer hat. Also added styles to a Heavy hat, but I'm not sure which at the moment (you would think it's the El Jefe, but it's labeled as a Heavy hat):

Code:
					"name": "El Macho"
+					},
+					{
+						"name": "El Amor Ardiente"
+					},
+					{
+						"name": "El Picante Grande"

The PCGamer's hat called "The Killer Exclusive," "Break news, spirits and heads." The weird thing is that all the image files are associated with the Engineer, but the actual model file is associated with the Scout. It's in the All Class folder, anyway, so hopefully it's not Scout-exclusive.

Magnificent Mongolian's now paintable, too.

Drkirby said:
I couldn't stand that thing, the small clip size ruins it for me. The Shotgun is my "Oh shit, I am out of rockets and he isn't dead!" weapon, 3 shots just doesn't last for me with my aim.

Wait whut... Your aim sucks and you use the ambassador?

Kulock said:
The PCGamer's hat called "The Killer Exclusive," "Break news, spirits and heads." The weird thing is that all the image files are associated with the Engineer, but the actual model file is associated with the Scout. It's in the All Class folder, anyway, so hopefully it's not Scout-exclusive.
The preview of the PCGamer hat was shown on a Heavy, so yeah I'm betting it's all classes.

Blizzard said:
A strange weapon. The only winning move is not to play.

(I should use that as a description or something)

A perfect description for the Tomislav Heavy on a low population server. In this case the only winning move for people not on your team is to join Spectator or leave the server.

Javaman

awwyeahgurrl said:
We get a full server when people actually bother joining, which wasn't all that often.

Yeah if Art or Yeef wouldn't mind doing this I'd appreciate it.

What's your name on Steam? I can add you to the TF2 GAF group admins as yeef said.

Acerac

Banned
Sciz said:
Attn: everyone

Please stop voting for terrible customs that consist exclusively of corridors.

Thanks.
It's a custom map it has to be amazing that is why it wasn't ever added to the standard map rotation.

There are very few custom maps that are anything better than complete garbage. Yet this server LOVES voting for every custom map that pops up.

I suppose it's better than hightower at least.

I have a replay at Sawmill when I Airblast a heavy into the sawblades and he ends up flying into the basketball hoop. Everytime I save the replay as a movie, the ragdoll physics is random and the replay is a hit and miss. Hopefully I get it.

Yeef

Acerac said:
It's a custom map it has to be amazing that is why it wasn't ever added to the standard map rotation.

There are very few custom maps that are anything better than complete garbage. Yet this server LOVES voting for every custom map that pops up.

Custom maps are an unknown quantity, that's what makes them exciting. you won't know if they're any good until your try them. And there are plenty of good custom maps. Discounting the ones that went official, like Steel, there are a few gems like Snakewater.

sixghost

Acerac said:

We're all posters on GAF, we don't play that mainstream shit. You've probably never heard of our favorite map.

Proven

Yeef said:
Custom maps are an unknown quantity, that's what makes them exciting. you won't know if they're any good until your try them. And there are plenty of good custom maps. Discounting the ones that went official, like Steel, there are a few gems like Snakewater.
It's actually one of the better qualities of the GAF server. We're always trying new things.

Next we need to have group contributions for weapons and maps that will hopefully pay for server costs into the future.

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:
This is the reason I really like that rating system you've implemented recently.

While it is unfair to say that all custom maps are horrible, the rating system should (theoretically at least) make it so those few custom maps that aren't shit show up more than the vast majority which are.

*Edit*

Perhaps much of my frustration stems from the fact that these maps are typically unknown to the majority of players which leads to a lot of wandering around aimlessly. This does not make for good gameplay, and the few maps that are enjoyable (cashworks comes to mind, despite the ridiculous length to the second control point) less fun for everyone who isn't experienced with them.

kenta

Has no PEINS
What's the name of that one map with the raised control point in the middle? The one they play a lot in competition?

Edit: Gullywash, that's it. Why isn't that an official map yet?

Proven

Acerac said:
This is the reason I really like that rating system you've implemented recently.

While it is unfair to say that all custom maps are horrible, the rating system should (theoretically at least) make it so those few custom maps that aren't shit show up more than the vast majority which are.

*Edit*

Perhaps much of my frustration stems from the fact that these maps are typically unknown to the majority of players which leads to a lot of wandering around aimlessly. This does not make for good gameplay, and the few maps that are enjoyable (cashworks comes to mind, despite the ridiculous length to the second control point) less fun for everyone who isn't experienced with them.

The best thing to do with wandering around aimlessly is to stick with people, always. Even if you all get lost together, it leaves a better after taste.
kenta said:
What's the name of that one map with the raised control point in the middle? The one they play a lot in competition?

Edit: Gullywash, that's it. Why isn't that an official map yet?
I remember someone saying that it wasn't that optimized... There's also the fact that the map feels kinda weak for 24 player play. It may get officialized later anyway, with freight style work over. But even in comp play they've made a couple of small changes throughout the last couple of seasons.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:

Please stop voting for terrible customs that consist exclusively of corridors.

Thanks.
CANYON (Canyon) (canyon)

Just imagine if the server had 4+ soldiers per team, and that map had gone past the first point for either team. Such a...corridor-y map.

I have a quick question if someone would be good enough to help...how do i fully turn off weaponswitching with the mousewheel? I have rebound previous and next weapon and still it changes weapon on the wheel, and i'm sick of accidentally catching the wheel and switching weps unplanned.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would just make sure you actually hit apply. A lot of times I catch my self making a change, and just hitting escape without propperly applying the new settings.

Am I the only on who actually disabled auto rescope as a sniper? I like to be able to see around me after I make my shots, and am not a big fan of sitting and charging my gun.

I've made sure that i hit apply, it still retains wheel functionality though. It's strange how it retains it only to mwheel down, up is fine.

Oh, and me too. Manual scoping FTW.

Yeef

Just bind mwheelup and mwheeldown to blank.

Bind mwheelup ""
Bind mwheeldown ""

Auto rescoping is silly. I don't know why it's the default option.

Well, the wheel issue's bugging me because i use the wheel button for weapon up and my xbox pad's left bumper for down. I personally find changing on the wheel too fiddily.

Blizzard

Banned
My mouse wheel normally works okay and I use the number keys and Q anyway. The biggest problem is when your mouse wheel moves too easily, gets caught between positions, and then decides to snap into the adjacent position in the middle of a fight, giving you a useless weapon.

HERE LET ME SANDVICH YOU

Ive got another retarded question.
On my main I hit 1 and it auto switches to my main wep, I hit 2 and it auto switches to my secondary etc etc. On my alt i hit 2 I have to click mouse to get it to switch (very annoying) what am I missing here?

JackFrost said:
Ive got another retarded question.
On my main I hit 1 and it auto switches to my main wep, I hit 2 and it auto switches to my secondary etc etc. On my alt i hit 2 I have to click mouse to get it to switch (very annoying) what am I missing here?
Options >keyboard > advanced > enable quick switch

n0b

rage said:

Please stop voting for terrible customs PAYLOADS that consist exclusively of corridors WASTING MY TIME.

Thanks. IF YOU'RE GOING TO VOTE FOR THEM AT LEAST TRY YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHIT I HATE YOU ALL.

(/me vomits out a rant)

Yeef

I discovered tr_pyro-compression today. It's lots of fun. Make sure to set sv_cheats to 1 and net_fakelag to half of whatever your normal ping is. The area with 2 soldiers shooting at once is tough, but lots of fun.

XeroSauce said:
Any other styles? Beret?
well the item server updated with some changes
- The Killer Exclusive got added.
- The Large Luchador got three styles.
- The Monocle and Capotain now have different backpack icons.
- The Magnificent Mongolian is now paintable (only on the server, in-game it can't be painted yet).

That's all the changes, but they all require a patch, so one will probably happen tonight.

Top Bottom