• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
He played a bit on High Tower yesterday.
That's enough to make anyone rage. </trollface>

I'm thinking if my thundertower idea isn't popular, we need to combine hightower and 2fort instead. In order to unlock each intel run (which must be captured 3-5 times to win), you must first win a hightower match!

3_shovel.png

My work here is done.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Someone make a ctplfpr (capture the payload flag point race) map so everyone will neither be particularly joyful or miserable.

Clydefrog

fallengorn said:
Someone make a ctplfpr (capture the payload flag point race) map so everyone will neither be particularly joyful or miserable.

i can't help but read ctplfpr as some kind of cousin to Cthulhu

Anilusion

Just tuned in to some guys stream and apparently his crosshair changes color depending on who it's over (different colors for friends and enemies). Can somebody tell me how to set it up that way?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
fallengorn said:
I know you're joking, but a buddy of mine did make something like that

Cart - drop bomb on opposing team's spawn and kill any of them heading out
CTF - opening a doorway to...
CP - winning the game

Most would just CP the though.

n0b

Kuro Madoushi said:
He joined in plr?!

PLR is the devil's spawn though! D:

PLR is GREAT. It lacks everything bad that pl maps have, but at the same time it confuses dumb people because it has pl in the name so its the only hope of escaping pl maps!

Oreoleo

So we are very swiftly coming up on the one year anniversary of duels being introduced. Suppose Valve will reset the "Top Duel Wins this Season" leaderboard?

Yeef

I added some new maps to the server:
  • Crossroads (5 CP)
  • Pacman (by request)
  • Science (5 CP)
  • Namicott (KOTH with moving hill)
  • Mill (Payload)

I also added a new nomination group: Yeef's Picks. Now you can nominate maps that I like (or think that I'll like) with ease! :D

Orellio said:
So we are very swiftly coming up on the one year anniversary of duels being introduced. Suppose Valve will reset the "Top Duel Wins this Season" leaderboard?
Mann. Co. Hat. Limited time only!

Yeef said:
  • Crossroads (5 CP)
  • Pacman (by request)
  • Science (5 CP)
  • Namicott (KOTH with moving hill)
  • Mill (Payload)

I also added a new nomination group: Yeef's Picks. Now you can nominate maps that I like (or think that I'll like) with ease! :D

Mann. Co. Hat. Limited time only!

thanks for adding those maps.

Sciz

Yeef said:
  • Pacman (by request)
You seem to have added cp_pacman_reg_wtf, which is a decent version in its own right but not quite as much chaotic fun as koth_pacman_wtf_b2 and its roving CP.

Yeef

Sciz said:
You seem to have added cp_pacman_reg_wtf, which is a decent version in its own right but not quite as much chaotic fun as koth_pacman_wtf_b2 and its roving CP.
I just put in tf2 pacman in Google and downloaded the first result (the second result was some other cp map that was just pac-man themed with no ghosts) :|

[EDIT] Added the KOTH version. Should be available to nominate after the next map change.

Forkball

Aww I should have gotten a Large Luchador before the style update, they were going for 3 or less refined. Now they're going to be expensive.

Also as long as we're talking about categories, how about a category for each class where they excel at a certain map? For example, Dustbowl would be under the Engy section, Nightfall could be under Spy/Pyro, Well for Scout etc. that way people who want to play a class but don't know what map would be good can pick that way.

Forkball

Yeef said:
That's a terrible idea, because good maps should be good for all classes.
YEEF IS A TERRIBLE IDEA FOR A USERNAME IS IT BEEF IS IT YEAST NO ONE KNOWS

What you said is true, but classes have better advantages on some maps than in others or it's just more fun to play classes on certain maps.
scoutlegs.png

2zyzsc5.jpg

frontallobe.png

Promo.jpg

597fd66adc9641cdeaacbad57b152.jpg

14c7j0i.gif

bc651.png

a410b.png

femur3.png

uhDniF.png

c6uXZ.png

1zd8c5v.png

vehn

So I tried opening up another steam account for an alt, and used the same email address as some of my other alts, but it wouldn't accept any payments and steam support said they can only enable payments from my primary account. Anyone else get blocked from trying to make alts premium?

So today I saved a replay on the Janky-Ass server, and when I try to replay it, I get an error along the lines of "GetDynamicBaseline CTFShotgun" or something like that. I've tried a number of different things and just can't get the replay to load; is it completely hosed? Or is there some way to salvage it?

Kuro Madoushi said:
I know you're joking, but a buddy of mine did make something like that

Cart - drop bomb on opposing team's spawn and kill any of them heading out
CTF - opening a doorway to...
CP - winning the game

Most would just CP the though.
We should add it to the server.
divisionbyzorro said:
So today I saved a replay on the Janky-Ass server, and when I try to replay it, I get an error along the lines of "GetDynamicBaseline CTFShotgun" or something like that. I've tried a number of different things and just can't get the replay to load; is it completely hosed? Or is there some way to salvage it?
I've been getting the same error with a replay I recorded on a Valve Server, so it's not just you, and it's not just the GAF server. Don't know a way around it...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
cooljeanius said:
We should add it to the server.

Nah, like all customs maps, it sucks!

Holy crap, what a few crazy rounds on Steel! Is there no custom spawn time for that map? Freakin 15-20 seconds may be default, but default is bad.

Soon as we camped out on E and my stickies took out the sniper nest and camped their spawn door, it was over.

Jason/Iadien carrying their goddamn team. And why the hell does your mic sound so different?

Forkball said:
cldud do you play TF2 on a DS?

Ahahaha... I have this strange notion that turning everything to a minimal will give me that extra frame to my advantage. Maybe that's too old-school and doesn't apply to TF2.. Not to mention it doesn't actually help how much I suck. But that's just how I play...

Obsessed said:
Woohoo. I'm actually kind of shocked there is a limit to friends. What the fuck Valve?

"Friends" list.

Over half my "friends" list are random people from TF2GAF/GAF who add me that I never have conversations with. I got tired of removing people from my list only to have them re-add me for no reason, so I have a special hidden tab for those people so I never have to see them online :D

ArtistDude88 said:
"Friends" list.

Over half my "friends" list are random people from TF2GAF/GAF who add me that I never have conversations with. I got tired of removing people from my list only to have them re-add me for no reason, so I have a special hidden tab for those people so I never have to see them online :D

Everyone on my list is either a GAF server regular, a poster I happen to like, or both.

Yeef said:

300? What the fuck Kuro. Surely I have to be better than like 40% of those 300.

Blizzard

Banned
Obsessed said:
Everyone on my list is either a GAF server regular, a poster I happen to like, or both.

300? What the fuck Kuro. Surely I have to be better than like 40% of those 300.
Technically I think it's only 250. Valve needs to bump that up to 500! :(

Tenck

Is there any way to turn on the kill icons (those icons in the top left that showed who you killed) in a replay?

I was watching a replay of a game I just had on Harvest and just barely noticed that.

Top Bottom