• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

My friends list is mostly TF2GAF, with a few other GAFers and IRL friends thrown in. One of these days I'm going to get one of my IRL friends to join the GAF TF2 server...

Thoraxes

Cloudius12 said:
nice.

lol Thoraxes, did you managed to play Degroot on GAf servers today, you were nominating it every map.
Nope :(
Did get Morrigan Alley, but that's still not Degroot! Mod abuse took that fun away from me.
Also speaking of Morrigan Alley, I thought this looked cool when I died (the three of them look so awesome, especially the medic):
2011-09-13_0000318cb.jpg

Tenck

Thoraxes said:
Did get Morrigan Alley, but that's still not Degroot! Mod abuse took that fun away from me.
Also speaking of Morrigan Alley, I thought this looked cool when I died (the three of them look so awesome, especially the medic):
2011-09-13_0000318cb.jpg

Hahaha, will have to save this picture. Thanks for the kill and the memory! >:)

AcciDante

Thoraxes said:
:O I'm the medic!

Clydefrog

cooljeanius said:
My friends list is mostly TF2GAF, with a few other GAFers and IRL friends thrown in. One of these days I'm going to get one of my IRL friends to join the GAF TF2 server...

My brother tried to play on the GAF server and his game immediately crashed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thoraxes said:
I'm the other Sniper!

Yasae

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
"Friends" list.

Over half my "friends" list are random people from TF2GAF/GAF who add me that I never have conversations with. I got tired of removing people from my list only to have them re-add me for no reason, so I have a special hidden tab for those people so I never have to see them online :D
Mine is "Gone Fishin."

But unlike you, I actually bother to talk to people instead of selfishly waiting for them to talk to me. So you really have no one to blame but yourself and your inflated ego.

People think they're so damn special these days... Really now.

kehehehehehehe

I'm all out of peanuts. TF2 GAF makes me binge.

Yasae said:
Mine is "Gone Fishin."

But unlike you, I actually bother to talk to people instead of selfishly waiting for them to talk to me. So you really have no one to blame but yourself and your inflated ego.

kehehehehehehe

Have some brie to go with your assumptions!

<3

Yasae said:
Mine is "Gone Fishin."

kehehehehehehe

Haha. Talking to people you say. All you did was blame me for the server going down, and I know nothing about servers. I guess I can send a message to ArtistDude, but we have such wonderful conversations here. I wouldn't want to deprive the others my tireless ramblings.

Yasae

Banned
Dr. Pangloss said:
Haha. Talking to people you say. All you did was blame me for the server going down, and I know nothing about servers. I guess I can send a message to ArtistDude, but we have such wonderful conversations here. I wouldn't want to deprive the others my tireless ramblings.
Oh no, I think I've asked about more than that. My memory hasn't gone just yet... Er... Well maybe I misplaced my keys, but that's beside the point.
ArtistDude88 said:
Have some brie to go with your assumptions!

<3
Hey. That was on sale for $2.99. You CAN'T say no to brie at that price. No way.

Card Boy

Banned
Someone is offering me a 10 dollar game for my Witcher 2 items (Heroes Tail, 3 Rune Sword, and Witchers Medallion) is this worth it? Or is my Witcher 2 items worth more?

Bakphoon

Gez said:
Someone is offering me a 10 dollar game for my Witcher 2 items (Heroes Tail, 3 Rune Sword, and Witchers Medallion) is this worth it? Or is my Witcher 2 items worth more?

Genuine Sign of the Wolf's School 6 +/- ref
Genuine Hero's Tail 5 +/- ref
Genuine Three-Rune Blade 6 - 8 ref

according to spreadsheet.

Do it only if you really want the game, other wise tell him friendly that you are not interested in the trade.

1 ref is $0.80 - $1

(this is what i think)

mojiimbo

Gez said:
Going by the spreadsheet it would take maybe $15 worth of metal to get them at the listed prices but I imagine selling them yourself would be a bit of a hassle. You'd have to find someone who will pay list value for all three of the items and then you'd probably have to find another guy to buy your metal off of you. You'd do this through Paypal I guess so one of you would be unprotected or you might get lucky and find someone who will straight up trade you a $15 game on Steam. If you don't care about TF2 items anyways you might want to take him up on his deal. It's not like he's offering you $10 for a $100 item or anything.

Card Boy

Banned
Thanks guys, but i don't want more TF2 items lol. I don't really like TF2 but have these pre-order items from various games that i want to get for more games.

Bakphoon

Gez said:
Thanks guys, but i don't want more TF2 items lol. I don't really like TF2 but have these pre-order items from various games that i want to get for more games.

I want the Max' head if you have one! (im joking)
You should be asking here before you trade items away, because I used to get ripped off very often before I met TF2 GAF.

Edit:

Dr. Pangloss said:
Yeah. There are a bunch of scammers out there. Keep getting propositioned on Valve servers for my only engie unusual. Think I would trade it away for some random regular hats.

you don't want to know how many camera beards and killing floor sets i got offered for my bills or team captain....

Yeah. There are a bunch of scammers out there. Keep getting propositioned on Valve servers for my only engie unusual. Think I would trade it away for some random regular hats.

Sciz

I once had a guy offer $80 of games in trade for my Sam & Max set. Unfortunately for him my backlog is already immense and I have no idea what the real world value of it actually is.

Forkball

Clydefrog said:
WTF at his bio.

"I had been working for my previous employer for 22 years when, in the context of the German industry underperforming, the company went into bankruptcy.

With a very specific educational training – engineering degree in ‘Mining and Mineral Resources’ – and a professional background as a senior manager – a position I still intended to obtain – I quickly realised that my chances of moving forward in my career were not high using the traditional tools of employment agencies.

An alternative I found when checking the job market was Experteer. After having done a quick search I was very positively surprised by the abundance of open, promising positions. So I decided to go for a premium membership and completed my entire profile.

I was afterwards contacted by several headhunters (these people called me!) and I could also apply on my own to job offers that fitted my career goals. In total, there were 19 phone calls, applications and interviews.

After nearly 5 months, I found exactly what I had hoped for: a new position in the field of mining, at the senior level I wanted and matching my salary expectations. It took around two weeks to finalise all the details – sending the documents, signing the contract and today I think that both me and my employer have made a good choice, as we fit well together."

HE'S LIKE AN EMBODIMENT OF THE GAME

Bakphoon

R.I.P. "Eforoyal"

I lost an idler today, because steam guard wanted the e-mail activation code, and my e-mail account got deleted because i used fake data (like name, adress...) now i don't have any access to it anymore :( And I can only get my E-mail-adress back if i can prove that i am the real owner of E-mail adress through scanning my ID... (which would be useless because i used fake data that is different from my ID)

Edit: it was a @gmx.de adress.

It sucks to be me.

Yeef

Sciz said:
I once had a guy offer $80 of games in trade for my Sam & Max set. Unfortunately for him my backlog is already immense and I have no idea what the real world value of it actually is.
I'll make you a deal and give you 40¢ just for the Max's head without the rest of it!

Bakphoon said:
R.I.P. "Eforoyal"

I lost an idler today, because steam guard wanted the e-mail activation code, and my e-mail account got deleted because i used fake data (like name, adress...) now i don't have any access to it anymore :( And I can only get my E-mail-adress back if i can prove that i am the real owner of E-mail adress through scanning my ID... (which would be useless because i used fake data that is different from my ID)

It sucks to be me.
That's why you just use default addresses and/or forwarders. I have an unlimited number of email addresses and they all just get rerouted to my real address.

Bakphoon

Yeef said:
I'll make you a deal and give you 40¢ just for the Max's head without the rest of it!

That's why you just use default addresses and/or forwarders. I have an unlimited number of email addresses and they all just get rerouted to my real address.

Im so jealous.. i wish i wasn't poor and i could afford a max' head :( i hope you will enjoy it.

And yeah that e-mail adress stuff... maybe i will contact steam support because of it tomorrow.

Edit: i will google about that forwarder stuff later when im awake ( its almost 3 AM here)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sciz said:
It Fluxuates a lot, but $80 is pretty fair IMO.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
It Fluxuates a lot, but $80 is pretty fair IMO.
No it's not.

Max's head alone goes for $80 from what I remember. They were going to give $80 for the entire set (big kill and Vintage Lugermorph included).

Javaman

Yeef said:
No it's not.

Max's head alone goes for $80 from what I remember. They were going to give $80 for the entire set (big kill and Vintage Lugermorph included).

Just proves that there's a sucker born every minute. Or is it that a fool and his money are soon separated?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bakphoon said:
R.I.P. "Eforoyal"

Edit: it was a @gmx.de adress.

It sucks to be me.
It does suck. The Best Solution: Simply use gmail.

Main Account: KirbysEmail@gmail.com
Second Account:KirbysEmail+2@gmail.com
Third Account: KirbysEmail+3@gmail.com

ect ect. Gmail ignores anything after a + (It also ignores dots, but I don't like adding tons and tons of dots)

Yeef said:
No it's not.

The price changes a lot. Right now, it is $80 for the hat alone. A few months ago, the hat had more or less gone down to $50. Big Kill is worth about $20 at the moment. Vintage Lugermorph is worth right now about $10, and a while back was worth about $5.

I remember when the Bill's hat was on equal footing with the Earbuds, and that 1 Reined was worth a Key.

Oreoleo

Javaman said:
Just proves that there's a sucker born every minute. Or is it that a fool and his money are soon separated?

WHY AREN'T YOU IN THE SERVER! We were playing Pacman and the lack of Java was sorely noted :(

Also can we delete Treetop or whatever it is from the server so we never have to play it again D:

Drkirby said:
It does suck. The Best Solution: Simply use gmail.

Main Account: snip
Second Account: snap
Third Account: rip

ect ect. Gmail ignores anything after a + (It also ignores dots, but I don't like adding tons and tons of dots)
You shouldn't post your raw e-mail address out there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eh, it is no big deal, but you are right, I don't need to get one more mailing lists. I have been working hard the past month to unsubscribe from almost everything that sends me product emails, almost all of them are crap.

Yeef

n0b graces us with the first in a series of anti-payload images!

j7t53q.png

Orellio said:
Also can we delete Treetop or whatever it is from the server so we never have to play it again D:
It's be easier to delete YOU from the server!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tomislav is such a scrub weapon :p

I thought you guys would've defended Steel considering how crappy we were.

Cornburrito you sneaky bastard! I got you back a couple of times, and I added to friend's list, now prepare for more snark!

Things Valve needs to fix
1. Douche Ringer
2. Cuntsman

that is all...

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
So much jank and rubberbanding! It was really bad on Nucleus and Pacman D:
I've noticed that my ping tonight was between 90 and 125 at all times. It's normally between 30 and 35. Crappy server is crappy! I may or may not have plans in store for next week to fix such issues!

Kuro Madoushi said:
Tomislav is such a scrub weapon :p

I thought you guys would've defended Steel considering how crappy we were.

Cornburrito you sneaky bastard! I got you back a couple of times, and I added to friend's list, now prepare for more snark!

1. Douche Ringer
2. Cuntsman

that is all...
You missed Tomislav, GRU and Enforcer.

Also, the huntsman really needs reverse fall-off like the crossbow. At 50% fall off a tap headshot would only deal 75 damage and a full charged headshot would do 180 damage; enough to kill most classes.

Kuro Madoushi said:

1. Douche Ringer
2. Cuntsman

that is all...

Yeah I've been doing a bit better as Spy lately.

And the DR really does need to be fixed. It should absorb less damage, or taking damage should drain the cloak.

And woohoo I am a friend of Kuro!

Sianos

Finally binded my voice commands so I can yell "SPY!" when Meta takes his first victim and "THANKS!" when a Medic or Pyro saves me from a firey death. Hooray!

Ive got a little tech issue you guys should be able to fix (if your tech is better then your tf2 skills). I try listening to itunes (i know, i dont wanna hear crap bout how shitty itunes is) while playing and all is good till the first time I talk...it drops the music volume,which is fine, but when im done it keeps my music at that lower volume till i close outta itunes and restart it...any solutions?

ArtistDude88 said:
"Friends" list.

Over half my "friends" list are random people from TF2GAF/GAF who add me that I never have conversations with. I got tired of removing people from my list only to have them re-add me for no reason, so I have a special hidden tab for those people so I never have to see them online :D
can i be friends with you we can talk all the time please be my friend i have no friends

Tenck

I learned the hard way that once you wake up, I need like half an hour to gather my thoughts and my consciousnesses before I play on the Gaf server.

Had the worst game of my life, and couldn't aim to save my life. Will try again right now!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JackFrost said:
Ive got a little tech issue you guys should be able to fix (if your tech is better then your tf2 skills). I try listening to itunes (i know, i dont wanna hear crap bout how shitty itunes is) while playing and all is good till the first time I talk...it drops the music volume,which is fine, but when im done it keeps my music at that lower volume till i close outta itunes and restart it...any solutions?
http://superuser.com/questions/74116/windows-7-lowers-applications-volume-automatically

Now play worse classes against me.

Top Bottom