• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
Fuck you Spies if these weapons ever get added to the game in some form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mS6BhdiDRc
I think there should be a silenced gun...but it has to have a kill icon though.
Tranq is interesting, but fuck me if spies won't abuse the shit outta it.

Also, does nobody know how silencers work?! They don't muffle sounds, they make it harder to pinpoint where it comes from. People in the general vicinity are going to goddamn hear it.

Kuro Madoushi said:
I think there should be a silenced gun...but it has to have a kill icon though.
Tranq is interesting, but fuck me if spies won't abuse the shit outta it.

Also, does nobody know how silencers work?! They don't muffle sounds, they make it harder to pinpoint where it comes from. People in the general vicinity are going to goddamn hear it.
Are you asking for realism in a game where a batshit insane man, and a one-eyed drunken guy jump with explosives or you are healed by a magic beam?

AcciDante

Tenck said:
I learned the hard way that once you wake up, I need like half an hour to gather my thoughts and my consciousnesses before I play on the Gaf server.

Had the worst game of my life, and couldn't aim to save my life. Will try again right now!
Sounds like normal for you. Bam!

Yeef

Massed heavies on payload is so annoying to play against.

As a consolation, apparently while I was playing I got a master's yellow drop on my other account!

Drkirby said:
The War Fan gun is cool, the first gun is boring.

The Fan of War works because the Scout has to run right up to someone, with no Dead Ringer or disguise, and smack them one. (Presuming it works right the first time...)

This lets an unknown source sharpshoot from any distance, without losing a disguise, forcing minicrits. There's next to no danger for the Spy (except for Vs Pyro, and even then he can tag the Pyro and swing some knife stabs at him, it works way more often than it should), and all it would mean to even a smart team is that there is a Spy around, with little indication where. Meanwhile the Spy's team keeps getting easy targets tagged for killing.

It could work, but it would have to be a melee weapon.

Proven

Kulock said:
The Fan of War works because the Scout has to run right up to someone, with no Dead Ringer or disguise, and smack them one. (Presuming it works right the first time...)

This lets an unknown source sharpshoot from any distance, without losing a disguise, forcing minicrits. There's next to no danger for the Spy (except for Vs Pyro, and even then he can tag the Pyro and swing some knife stabs at him, it works way more often than it should), and all it would mean to even a smart team is that there is a Spy around, with little indication where. Meanwhile the Spy's team keeps getting easy targets tagged for killing.

It could work, but it would have to be a melee weapon.
Good point. Half the thread almost endorsed a dick weapon just because it's a cooler version of a slightly less dick version of a weapon from a full dick class.

Goodnight Everybody!

Yeef

We have mandatory updates coming tomorrow for TF2, CS:S, DoD:S, and HL2:DM.

The update for CS:S is a major one. Lots of the changes from the CS:S Beta are being shipped.

More details tomorrow.

-Eric
Email from last night. I probably won't be around, so Artist, Remy or Java will have to run the update.

webrunner

I'm not getting any items today, but I get this error:
Failed to update item schema: HTTP status 404 fetching http://media.steampowered
.com/apps/440/scripts/items/items_game.9d9594c4d47684b920878501fdb1fe16c37e6bf0.
txt

divisionbyzorro said:
Somehow my alt managed to pick up 8 items, but my main only picked up 3. Double idling through Sandboxie has been acting weird lately.
i know that feel bro. my idlers all updated their item schemas on their own this week, i think...

last week all my idlers only got about 5-6 items + 1 crate each.

this time around they are back to 8-12 items +2 crates (+ some hats lol).

:BOW: PRAISE THE IDLE GODS. THEY HAVE BEEN KIND TO ME THIS WEEK. :BOW:

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Cuban Legend said:
i know that feel bro. my idlers all updated their item schemas on their own this week, i think...

last week all my idlers only got about 5-6 items + 1 crate each.
I have this kind of hilarious mental image when you guys talk about "my idlers"...like you're lashing little virtual whips over the digital equivalents of poor chinese immigrants.

"IDLE HARDER!"

Gav47

The_Technomancer said:
I have this kind of hilarious mental image when you guys talk about "my idlers"...like you're lashing little virtual whips over the digital equivalents of poor chinese immigrants.

"IDLE HARDER!"
I've always imagined it as more of a pimp/hoe relationship.

"BITCH YOU BETTER HAVE MA DROPS!"

Bakphoon

Speaking of Idlers... i sent steam support a ticket because of the deleted e-mail-account and because of that i cant log in to this steam account anymore, and I hope they can help me...
But i think i will get a friendly "f**k off" as answer from them:/

The_Technomancer said:

"IDLE HARDER!"

Gav47 said:
I've always imagined it as more of a pimp/hoe relationship.

"BITCH YOU BETTER HAVE MA DROPS!"

It's more the latter than the former.

Clydefrog said:
I only have one idler; I don't believe in polygamy like you Mormon TF2 Freaks!
I make sure my idlers fill their quota each week, if they do then i take that and make more idlers.

motherfucking MORMON TO THE MAX

Tenck

All this talk about idlers has me curious. How do you guys idle? Leave other PCs on and spectate in an offline server?

Yasae

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Cowmangler + Gunboats + Nucleus= Trolldier.
Pyro reflect should still be a full crit. It's not like soldiers are anywhere near defenseless just because a pyro can reflect rockets. They can shoot angles and certainly have a LOT more damage output.

Why they give so much protection against a pyro's only resort is pretty hilarious.

Sianos

51FD8A5345D86B9A547460B634819ECE3AE8BB48

Finally got my first hat drop!

Tenck

Yasae said:
Pyro reflect should still be a full crit. It's not like soldiers are anywhere near defenseless just because a pyro can reflect rockets. They can shoot angles and certainly have a LOT more damage output.

Why they give so much protection against a pyro's only resort is pretty hilarious.

They should jank the Pyro class some more. No one really likes Pyros anyways

*Mad spy rantings*

Got a blighted beak on my main a few days ago, then got Ze Goggles on my alt today... TF2 is trying to send me a message. The answer to that is no, I won't start playing medic.

Boom:

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Added a server command line option called "-dumplongticks" which will generate minidumps when there are long server frames
Fixed startmovie failing for the raw, tga, jpg, and wav options
Fixed some HUD messages not displaying properly on widescreen resolutions
Updated the localization files for all games

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed Demomen with the Persian Persuader equipped picking up ammo crates when they're already at full health
Fixed hatless headgear not removing the player's hat
Fixed Natascha's bullets preventing Scouts from using Bonk and Crit-a-Cola
Fixed teleporter progress being displayed incorrectly after upgrading a teleporter while it was recharging
Fixed a rare server crash related to assists
Fixed FCVAR_NOTIFY chat messages being clipped and not displaying the new value for the cvar
Purchased items are no longer announced in the chat text
Reduced the amount of server console output when client commands are out of sync
Added the following ConVars for proxy support for replay FTP offloading: replay_fileserver_offload_useproxy, replay_fileserver_offload_proxy_host, and replay_fileserver_offload_proxy_port
Removed replay_port ConVar (and the need for replay to open a port)
Updated the matchmaking filtering to speed up searches and reduce the number of pinged servers
Updated Pl_Upward
Fixed ending the game mid-round when mp_timelimit has been reached
Fixed several exploit areas
Updated Pl_Goldrush
Stage 1 : Fixed overlapping train track models
Stage 1 : Fixed terrain seam by red spawn exit
Stage 1 : Fixed red spawn room door going through ceiling
Stage 1 : Light fixture on roof structure of red's first spawn building switched to non-solid
Stage 2 : Added func_nobuild under bridge that would get teleported players stuck
Stage 3 : Added invisible func_brushes above roofs to block blind demo grenade spam
Stage 3 : Fixed wood structure by main gate entrance so it doesn't destroy teleport buildables
Stage 3 : Added clip brush to top of main gate entrance
Stage 3 : Extended red's respawn room brushes to enclose entire interior
Stage 3 : Added respawn visualizer material to back face of blocker that prevents red from entering blue's respawn area from the top route
Updated Items
Added the Killer Exclusive
Added the Mask of the Shaman to the droplist and made it craftable
Added the El Jefe to the droplist and made it craftable
Added two new styles for the Large Luchadore
Fixed the Industrial Festivizer sometimes turning white
Updated the shading on the Crusader's Crossbow
Updated the Magnificent Mongolian texture and made it paintable
Updated the Carouser's Capotain with an improved appearance
Updated the Whiskered Gentlemen with an improved appearance
Updated the particle effects for the Cow Mangler 5000 and the Righteous Bison
Updated the Stickybomb Jumper
Now uses a unique texture and projectile
No longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources

-Now uses a unique texture and projectile
-No longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources

:D :D :D

1Og0q.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
-Now uses a unique texture and projectile
-No longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources

:D :D :D
Yeah, this is the best part. Now they just need to fix the (much worse) rocket jumper to do something similar. Wasn't the stickyjumper originally kinda this way, and then they nerfed it, and then un-nerfed it?

Also another Natascha nerf! *rageface* "bugs" huh. Anything that annoys scouts is a positive game development!

AcciDante

wartime1020 said:
Got a blighted beak on my main a few days ago, then got Ze Goggles on my alt today... TF2 is trying to send me a message. The answer to that is no, I won't start playing medic.
Give me the beak and I'll be the best medic this world has ever seen!

wartime1020 said:
You can give me Ze Goggles, I'll heal you.

Top Bottom