• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Boonoo

JackFrost said:
wow i dont even play online yet....no reason to yell at me :/ . My shotgun is getting more use then the flamethrower.
You should really jump online. People are more fun than bots.

Jangaroo said:
I wasn't yelling at you directly, but rather to just make a point. I know the regulars in this thread know this but on most other pub servers, this happens way too often. Learn this and have people love you.
I had someone put out my flames when I was dicking around as a Heavy in a Valve server earlier today. I was so happy, you have no idea.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Professor Beef said:
I had someone put out my flames when I was dicking around as a Heavy in a Valve server earlier today. I was so happy, you have no idea.
Seriously. Some pyro on another server put out my flames and I ended up pocketing him out of sheer gratitude.

Well, at least I learned something valuable today on Frontier: crouch jump to get on the area with the big rocks.

I also lowered my mouse sensitivity a bit. Hopefully it helps me some more as Medic because the default sensitivity + my mouse skills + people running = missing a lot.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't know about you folks, but I'm getting pretty lucky with drops. I'm averaging a hat a week for the past three weeks.

Yeef

fallengorn said:
I don't know about you folks, but I'm getting pretty lucky with drops. I'm averaging a hat a week for the past three weeks.
I've gotten about 4 hats in the last week or so and crafted 2 of those together and got mutton chops.

Thanks for the Strange Sandman, Accidante.

Don't be a W+M1 pyro. It has it's place in time but your secondary weapons should be getting just as much if not more action than your flamethrower. And airblasting. YOU CAN AIRBLAST OTHER PLAYERS WHO ARE ON FIRE. DO I HAVE TO BOLD THIS TOO? So many pyro players forget this. This is the only things in life that makes me rage so bad.

when I started playing I didn't know the function of airblast very well. Only when I played on the GAF server and watch GAF's kill videos (Yeef's rocket reflect on 2 soldiers). I usually get reminded to airblast teammates on fire when I see them burning a bit. Now days I using Backburner and you know the airblast cost of that.

I had to uber a sniper today because nobody else was around.

I kind of wish that someone would call for medic when the entire team is dispersed so I don't have to wander around aimlessly looking for people to heal.

Obsessed said:

I kind of wish that someone would call for medic when the entire team is dispersed so I don't have to wander around aimlessly looking for people to heal.
Meanwhile, I get healthy people who won't stop jamming the Call Medic button when I'm helping someone in a firefight. :|

Boonoo

Obsessed said:

You can make a medic radar.

From the wiki
The Medic can control his autocall threshold through keybinds. The command is:
hud_medicautocallersthreshold <percentage>
The percentage is the percent health below which the autocall is triggered; 0 will show nothing, while 150 will show all nearby allies (since 150% is the maximum possible health).
This command can be used to make the popular "Medic Radar" script: This set of aliases and commands will temporarily boost the Medic's autocall threshold to 150% (a fully-overhealed player)for as long as they hold a key down, allowing him to see where all of his teammates are by their Medic autocall speech bubbles in the event he finds himself alone.

alias "autocall_default" "hud_medicautocallersthreshold "75""

alias "autocall_all" "hud_medicautocallersthreshold "150""

alias "+radar" "autocall_all"

alias "-radar" "autocall_default"

bind mouse3 "+radar"

Obsessed said:

No offense, but I was calling out to you as a Heavy and many times you'd get on me but then bail right before I really needed you bro. That and ubering Pyros when there's Heavies around ready to push.

Cuban Legend said:
No offense, but I was calling out to you as a Heavy and many times you'd get on me but then bail right before I really needed you bro. That and ubering Pyros when there's Heavies around ready to push.

I don't really recall abandoning a Heavy. Generally I don't pocket a single person so if you want to lead me somewhere specific you should try telling me. That is likely why I didn't stay around. That, or you led me into the fray where it was me, you, and 4+ enemies. If that happens I generally don't stick around since me healing you generally won't matter.

I do apologize for ubering Pyros. I did it with Jangaroo a day or two ago with great results. Though not every Pyro is as good as he is.

I Uber Pyros here and there. Sometimes they're good at destroying buildings, but I guess it's situational. I recall always opting to Uber Yeef as Pyro a lot one night a long while back. He did great. I also love Ubering Pyros at the gate with my Kritz. I pulled off a nice kill streak with someone once; it was total carnage.

I usually Kritz Heavies when we're going to go around a corner. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (meaning not many enemies are there). Makes for a feel-good massacre. Also when nearing a control point or something.

I Kritz Soldiers when we're a good distance from enemies, but are still able to see them. Or when we're on a higher tier. I don't like it when I Uber/Kritz them and they rocket jump away, though. Speaking of, I Kritz'd a Soldier today on the server during Upward (we were on the cart) and he didn't even do anything--he just stood there. Was heartbreaking.

I like giving Jangaroo my Ubers/Kritz because he's Jangaroo.

Bluth54

fallengorn said:
I haven't been that lucky, but about 90% of my drops in the past 2 or 3 weeks have been Uber Update weapons, and of those all but one of them were ones I didn't craft.

So last night I left my Idle accounts on, came back this morning to find these items on each one:
wyKOl.jpg

Qerjt.jpg

TGMIII

I've been text idling with my own account and an alt and I've found almost nothing so far. Around 6 or so items on my alt and I've found like 2/3 on my main, is there anything up with the text idling or has everyone been getting their drops fine.

fallengorn said:

I get the same drops every week on all 4 accounts :

Reserve Shooter x5
Mantreads
Cloak & Dagger
Eternal Reward
a fucking Chargin' Targe x10
Blutsauger
Connivers Kunai
Natascha
Eviction Notice

Thats it, with the odd useful drop. After 100 hours of play time, I finally got 2 degreasers on the weekend. I never seem to get any drops for the Engy, Pyro or Medic, but I get loads for the Soldier and Heavy and Demo.

Never had a hat drop.

Sourtreats said:
So last night I left my Idle accounts on, came back this morning to find these items on each one:

20 NEW ITEMS!!!?!?!

I'm lucky if I get 8. Seriously. And that's a crate in there too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
MarkMclovin said:
I get the same drops every week on all 4 accounts :

Reserve Shooter x5
Mantreads
Cloak & Dagger
Eternal Reward
a fucking Chargin' Targe x10
Blutsauger
Connivers Kunai
Natascha
Eviction Notice

Thats it, with the odd useful drop. After 100 hours of play time, I finally got 2 degreasers on the weekend. I never seem to get any drops for the Engy, Pyro or Medic, but I get loads for the Soldier and Heavy and Demo.

Never had a hat drop.
that makes sense. Soldier and Heavy have the most items by far, I believe, followed by the Demo, Pyro, and Spy.

Sniper, Scout, and Medic below that, and Engineer with by far the fewest items (partially because it receives the fewest community submissions by far, and partially because it's the most difficult class to balance)

Kikarian

Sourtreats said:
wyKOl.jpg

Qerjt.jpg
I found 4 before.
Im idling again, but going to leave it on for a lot longer. Let's hope I find 20+ new items.

Maffis

It's fun to play on a instant spawn, 2 fort server with absolute clueless players. Sticky spamming absolutely obliterates everything.

Aww, got the Wrangler, but saddened to find out I can't sit in the shield it creates and mow people down with maniacal laughter while O'Fortuna players in the background.

JackEtc said:
I usually play Payload, but I decided to try Attack / Defend today.

Got my first solo cap on my very first game. Was happy.

Making the game winning cap is a great feeling.

Also, nice idling. I rarely get items other than on Wednesday night/Thursday morning (item reset) where I get around 5. Got 11 in one night 2 weeks ago though. Nothing good >_<

Harpuia

Being new to tf2 pc and it's strange hat economy, it just baffles me on how people actually spend money on crates. Before I got premium, Ijust deleted them. But if there are people willing to waste money on +500 keys then I'm gonna start keeping them now that I have more slots.

Harpuia said:
Being new to tf2 pc and it's strange hat economy, it just baffles me on how people actually spend money on crates. Before I got premium, Ijust deleted them. But if there are people willing to waste money on +500 keys then I'm gonna start keeping them now that I have more slots.

The crates aren't worth much. The keys are.

divisionbyzorro said:
Spy-capping for the win is the best feeling ever.

Especially when you have a bunch of idiots as team mates who cant push forward on the very last bit of Upward.

If I had a penny for the amount of times I've gone lone wolf just for that last bit...

Harpuia

divisionbyzorro said:
Spy-capping for the win is the best feeling ever.

Whenever an engie is turtling and blocking further entry to the 2nd point of the 3rd Dustbowl map, I often just cloak beyond the sentry and cap the unprotected 2nd point, winning the game. :p

I've heard the promos are now tradeable, so if any of you want cash out at a high price I guess the time is now before the items become droppable/craftable

Yeef

It's so frustrating when your team is full of people that don't know how to deal with sentries. Especially when the other team has 4 engineers.For every 3 sentries I destroyed 6 more appeared.

Top Bottom