• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:
LOL! Purchase this biography of Robin Walker and find a code to redeem a hat for TF2!
WHERE?! D:

Wish their lithographs came with something...

I wouldn't have minded a limited numbered version of the crap fix.

Blizzard

Banned
fallengorn said:
So the Killer Exclusive is tied to the upcoming issue of PC Gamer.

Valve/TF2 to save print publishing!
Which issue? December? I think I already mentioned once or twice in this thread that sadly the issue that had a League of Legends skin code didn't have the hat code. Would have been too good to be true!

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
I would think if they just added it, that it would be for the upcoming issue of PC Gamer
But it was on the wiki, and posted by me, like weeks ago, possibly some 3-4 months before December rolls around.

Blizzard said:
But it was on the wiki, and posted by me, like weeks ago, possibly some 3-4 months before December rolls around.

"The Killer Exclusive will be awarded to players who buy PC Gamer issue 232 (available September 29, 2011)"

according to the TF2 wiki

moojito

You see how they add new drops on thursdays, after people have gotten their single account wednesday night idle on? I see what they're doing there.

moojito

Obsessed said:
Hmm the community HUD is all fucked up for me now. Anyone else?

Aye, glad you mentioned it since I forgot its name and have no clue how to uninstall it, so I'll have to look it up!

Proven

Reflecting for a full crit would mean reflecting would have to be nerfed. Seriously, it'd mean Medics would rage all the time. On the other hand, it would make reflecting crit rollers back at demomen more dangerous...

Still, one crit rocket plus a bit of flames would wreck a Soldier. It'd be obscene. With mini-crits, it takes two rockets to take him out, and it takes two rockets for him to take you out.

Finally, mini-crits and crits have no fall-off damage. Would be great for anti-spam. Would be horrible for everything else.

AcciDante

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yeah community hud fucked up.

Feel bad for that scrub that got scammed in the trading thread.

Hats are srs bsns.
hahahaha, awesome.

I thought a wingstick was a weapon...but I guess I got a misc item drop! woo!

Thagomizer said:
I got scammed a maxs head and the big kill a while ago. Just remember it actually doesn't really exist. Granted it could have been turned into something that does actually exist ($$$) but oh well. You have the same real world stuff now as you did a little bit ago. Eh, life goes on. Even though in the other thread you did say you really could have used the money... well just pretend in your mind you never got it. Forget about it. Don't bother yourself over it. That will just make it worse.

Yay, I remember how to play (and I even reflected better than ever thanks to new video card and less framerate fuckery).

I felt bad for Boney and people from other continents when people kept voting for several custom maps in a row. :|

moojito said:
Aye, glad you mentioned it since I forgot its name and have no clue how to uninstall it, so I'll have to look it up!

Go to steamapps > [username] > tf2 > tf > resource.

There should be a file called "ui." Delete that file.

Yeef

Proven said:
Reflecting for a full crit would mean reflecting would have to be nerfed. Seriously, it'd mean Medics would rage all the time. On the other hand, it would make reflecting crit rollers back at demomen more dangerous...

Still, one crit rocket plus a bit of flames would wreck a Soldier. It'd be obscene. With mini-crits, it takes two rockets to take him out, and it takes two rockets for him to take you out.

Finally, mini-crits and crits have no fall-off damage. Would be great for anti-spam. Would be horrible for everything else.
I think reflects bumping up rockets could be an interesting mechanic. What I mean is, reflecting a regular projectile makes it a mini-crit, reflecting a mini-crit projectile makes it a full crit. It could make for interesting an interesting back and forth between two pyros reflecting at each other while also making buff banner soldiers think twice about hogging the buff for themselves instead of waiting for teammates.

Forkball said:
Your replays always have the worse camerawork. ;(

NBtoaster

Err, I mean it hasn't been viable since they made the sticky jumper only affect stickies, and this update doesn't change that.

IMO at least.

I don't think the caber itself has been nerfed. Doesn't say on the wiki.

NBtoaster said:
Err, I mean it hasn't been viable since they made the sticky jumper only affect stickies, and this update doesn't change that.

IMO at least.

I don't think the caber itself has been nerfed. Doesn't say on the wiki.
The caber used to get random crits. And it was awesome.

Bluth54

Blizzard said:
Which issue? December? I think I already mentioned once or twice in this thread that sadly the issue that had a League of Legends skin code didn't have the hat code. Would have been too good to be true!
It's going to be in the UK issue of PC gamer. It's not know if we are going to get it in the US PC Gamer.

Yasae

Banned
Proven said:

Oh, I remembered them as full crits for some foolish reason. They still lag plenty and generally soldiers have the upper hand.

Then again, bushwhacka minicrits for over 175 a hit. It really shouldn't be able to one-shot pyros...

Proven

Yeef said:
I think reflects bumping up rockets could be an interesting mechanic. What I mean is, reflecting a regular projectile makes it a mini-crit, reflecting a mini-crit projectile makes it a full crit. It could make for interesting an interesting back and forth between two pyros reflecting at each other while also making buff banner soldiers think twice about hogging the buff for themselves instead of waiting for teammates.

Your replays always have the worse camerawork. ;(
The only thing is that I predict this would be an ass to code... For fire and piss, it crits if it hits you. For the Banner, it crits if the player that fired is within the aura at the moment of it hitting (meaning a Demo could throw some stickies, jump into the aura, then detonate for minicrits). I mean, I'm sure they could get it to work, and it would be pretty interesting, but we'd be sure to have horrible, horrible bugs pop up from time to time.

Yeef said:
The new Cow Mangler projectile is TERRIBLE. It's basically like the took the original and shrunk it down so that it's nearly invisible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93VGfUP1Cc&hd=1
On the bright side, one complaint I always had for the Cow Mangler was that the splash area always looked too small. The previous projectile size made me keep missing if I aimed to splash.
Yasae said:
Oh, I remembered them as full crits for some foolish reason. They still lag plenty and generally soldiers have the upper hand.

Then again, bushwhacka minicrits for over 175 a hit. It really shouldn't be able to one-shot pyros...
It's just because melee crits are set to do 195 damage. At the same time, if you want to buff Pyros and Demoknights, you could do this, but it would have no effect on no crit servers...

Sianos

The new cow mangler projectile looks almost smaller than the bison projectile. Looks huntsman arrow size, even.

I preferred the moderate style, where it wasn't too flashy or to small.

Yeef

Yasae said:
Mangler reflects are always full crits. As far as I can tell this patch hasn't changed that. Every other launcher has mini-cirt reflects.

XeroSauce

Eh, I stopped using the Cow Mangler after I found my Original, so I don't mind. At least this makes for accurate splash shots.

Top Bottom