• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
ArtistDude88 said:
Grats on the new server!

But on another note, I think I'm starting to get burnt out on TF2... Just can't get myself to play for too long anymore. Soooooo, I might make like a Doug Welder and quit for a while :D

It helps to quit for a few months, so you don't end up hating the game.

Well that was nice, until my performance took a sudden inexplicable drop and then I crashed for no reason.

But at least I'm reflecting like a pro.

edit: also my keyboard seemed finnicky for some reason, it would sometimes act like it lost connection and i would just stop moving for a second

commissar

ArtistDude88 said:
Grats on the new server!

But on another note, I think I'm starting to get burnt out on TF2... Just can't get myself to play for too long anymore. Soooooo, I might make like a Doug Welder and quit for a while :D
No point playing if you're not having fun :]

EmCee: is it not registering multiple keystrokes? Or disconnecting (wireless?)

edit: I get a similar thing with my wireless logitech keyboard, turns out setpoint doesn't like to launch anymore so I find out batteries need recharging when I start getting disconnects <_<

I'm not sure, sometimes I would be walking backwards or sideways and I'd come to a stop. I'd let go of the key and press it again and suddenly it's fine.

ArtistDude88 said:
Grats on the new server!

Don't leave. I'll let you backstab me as Pyro some more!

Yeef

I updated the scramble plugin to the latest version and now the pre-game scramble isn't working. Have fun with the BLU team being stacked while I'm not there. I'll go back to the old version tomorrow.

NSQuote said:
If you do add customs to it, try to be a bit more picky, only choosing the cream of the crop. High quality maps like Gullywash and Jank favorites like Pacman would be the best.
I plan on uploading all of the same custom maps. As I mentioned before, once a map reaches a certain vote threshold if it's rated low enough I'll remove it*

*I refuse to remove maps that I think are actually good, like Watermill and Gullywash.

I lost it when a fucking sniper spent like an hour shooting my shit unopposed. Then all the shit got capped because the sentries were all blown up.

Tenck

I need to learn when not to be a damn Spy. This is getting ridiculous. Constantly getting face rolled.

Some good news is that I'm creeping up the spy knife leader board. Currently fifth and plan to learn the class much better to dethrone the rest of the dedicated spies :p

commissar

EmCeeGramr said:
I'm not sure, sometimes I would be walking backwards or sideways and I'd come to a stop. I'd let go of the key and press it again and suddenly it's fine.
Seems odd.

If your keyboard is wired then perhaps it's a low key rollover, or maybe packet loss says you stopped moving?

Yeef

Drkirby said:
So if Gullywash had a score of 1.1, you would still refuse to remove it?
Yup. Gullywash is a good map. Also, i know for a fact certain people (bacon) vote every custom map a 1 just to be contrarian.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yeef said:
The pop up only shows up when you're dead, so it's not like you have anything better to do!

That is lies, I've seen it several times while running around.

Yeef said:
The pop up only shows up when you're dead, so it's not like you have anything better to do!

That is incorrect. I've had the voting popup appear during a firefight, temporarily fucking over my weapon switching.

commissar

Tenck said:
Haha I do that too. I had forgotten Yeef keeps track of that. I will vote honestly from now on.
Nooo. Vote 1 to invalidate voting!

It's the only way to ruin yeef's master plan of a 24/7 Hightower server he'll claim we voted for D:

Also Yeef you know some maps are terrible or incomplete so why wait for a downvote ?

I'm thinking that awful 5cp push map with the swimming pyro and fullbright lights, but mainly that horrible A/D snow map with box houses and long ass corridors to nowhere. Urk.

Iadien said:
It helps to quit for a few months, so you don't end up hating the game.

I'm already finding myself complaining/whiny and angry at times while playing this game, which is totally not me, haha! So yeah, perhaps a break is for the best or I'll end up hating TF2, lol :U

Edit: And Brickyard is the only custom map you need on the server ;)

commissar said:
I'm thinking that awful 5cp push map with the swimming pyro and fullbright lights, but mainly that horrible A/D snow map with box houses and long ass corridors to nowhere. Urk.
I like that map, but it's so boring to look at.

mojiimbo

I love the kill freezeframes in this game.

cjFjL.jpg

9GUgS.jpg

Yeef

Iadien said:
That is lies, I've seen it several times while running around.
It pops up 5 seconds after you die once you've been playing a map for at least 3 minutes. if you're on BLU sometimes respawn times might be short enough that it pops up as you're leaving spawn, but it should never pop up during a firefight unless someone is right outside of spawn. I'll look into it.

There is an option to make 1. 'Dismiss' instead of 1 star, so I think I'll enable that.

commissar said:
Nooo. Vote 1 to invalidate voting!

It's the only way to ruin yeef's master plan of a 24/7 Hightower server he'll claim we voted for D:
if I went by what you guys voted it'd be a 23/7 Badwater server. The other hour would be Steel.

Also Yeef you know some maps are terrible or incomplete so why wait for a downvote ?
Inertia. I am lazy and need excuses to continue being so! Also, removing a bunch of maps at once means i don't have to do it often.

Waterway and Frozen Assets respectively. Waterway i thought looked decent when i first added it, but upon playing it I realized it was terrible. Frozen Assets I thought looked horrible from the outset, but it was part of that (A)Symmetry contest, so I felt obligated to add it since I was adding the rest.

[EDIT] Also, i was doing the SourceTV thing at the beginning of hightower and it was working fine, so my hunch that it was the old host was correct.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I gotta say, GAF is probably the best Spy-checking server I've played on. I absolutely decimate every other server, though:

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Those two are from tonight on another server.

Sciz

MrOogieBoogie said:
I gotta say, GAF is probably the best Spy-checking server I've played on. I absolutely decimate every other server, though:
Janky-Ass has always had a long, proud tradition of infuriatingly dedicated spies, which has lead to another long, proud tradition of murdering every last one of the bastards on sight.

I want to make a spray that isn't blurry and/or stretched to shit. Do I have to have the picture in a specific format or something? No matter how big or small my pic is, it always looks awful.

Professor Beef said:
I want to make a spray that isn't blurry and/or stretched to shit. Do I have to have the picture in a specific format or something? No matter how big or small my pic is, it always looks awful.

256x256. from what I understand, it's going to be blurry no matter what when you're up close to it.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Professor Beef said:

Resize largest dimension to 256 pixels, keeping the aspect ratio the same. Adjust canvas size to 256x256 with gray background. Magic wand one of the gray parts, hold shift, magic wand the other gray part. Select inverse. Create new alpha channel. Paint center of image white. Click RGB channel visibility. Save as .vtf spray with alpha.

Really, what could be easier?!

Borgnine said:
Resize largest dimension to 256 pixels, keeping the aspect ratio the same. Adjust canvas size to 256x256 with gray background. Magic wand one of the gray parts, hold shift, magic wand the other gray part. Select inverse. Create new alpha channel. Paint center of image white. Click RGB channel visibility. Save as .vtf spray with alpha.

Sarcasm? idk, my sarcasm detector isn't very good.

Borgnine said:

j9fV9.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I thought I've seen it pop up when I'm alive! :mad: Maybe I just hate popups in general, like strange weapons all the time, but I don't want to disable trades.

Clydefrog

Yeef said:
The only thing that could make that better is if the people on the top and bottom were on opposite teams, then everyone in the middle did explode in console simultaneously and the guy on top got a mantreads kill on the guy on bottom.

JAJwS.jpg

Borgnine said:

Here one I look up and its pretty much as Borgnine says only with pictures!
http://www.gamesprays.com/articles/tutorial/create-team-fortress-2-sprays-with-transparency-1/

Pancakes said:
5 bucks says it was because of that Samsung thread.

Kind of OT, but I swear last night whenever we got into fucking medic melee battles I'd hit you twice, and THEN YOU'D ONE SHOT ME WITH A CRIT. 3 FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW.............

Top Bottom