• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

Chriswok said:
How come these items never seem to see the light of day. They're awesome.
Well Valve probably get a ton of weapon packs and balancing new ones is pretty difficult, so they try not to just upload a ton of random weapons each week. Plus they probably have a huge backlog. One of the Solly packs that was in the Uber Update was submitted way back in last July or so during the Polycount contest. Plus I still think they are holding back a lot of material for the upcoming Raid Mode update and/or Halloween update.

With hats though, I don't know why they don't just upload hats all the time. I would not be surprised if they had hundreds of hats ready to go.

kuohuz.png

Bakphoon

Forkball said:
Well Valve probably get a ton of weapon packs and balancing new ones is pretty difficult, so they try not to just upload a ton of random weapons each week. Plus they probably have a huge backlog. One of the Solly packs that was in the Uber Update was submitted way back in last July or so during the Polycount contest. Plus I still think they are holding back a lot of material for the upcoming Raid Mode update and/or Halloween update.

With hats though, I don't know why they don't just upload hats all the time. I would not be surprised if they had hundreds of hats ready to go.

kuohuz.png

the Hat looks exactly like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/6vGqb.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
the first time i played TF2 i played on a vanilla server which was just the original loadouts and i really loved it and only played there. sadly the vanilla server is gone and i haven't been able to find another one.

after the vanilla server died, i didn't play for a good two weeks because all the new weapons and crap confused me. now i love em.

vanilla is still pretty fun though.

Huh. Having this weird bug where if I press the chat button during a game, it won't disappear, making it so that I can't move my mouse. Guess I'll try reinstalling frakenhud again.

Chesskid1

Banned
just got the spiral knights/alien swarm hats last night. spiral knights was kind of annoying but alien swarm went really fast and seems like a fun game so i'll be back.

anymore free items you get via achievements? I tried googling achivement tf2 items and such but couldn't find a nice list. i think i already unlocked most of the in-tf2 achievement item unlocks.

Anilusion

Chesskid1 said:
just got the spiral knights/alien swarm hats last night. spiral knights was kind of annoying but alien swarm went really fast and seems like a fun game so i'll be back.

anymore free items you get via achievements? I tried googling achivement tf2 items and such but couldn't find a nice list.

Poker Night at the Inventory has 5 TF2 items, 1 of them being a hat (I think?).

Kuro Madoushi said:
the whole point is that the spy died! D:

Uploading megalong Gorge now...about 60% done... sigh...
dam, that is awesome Scout play there. Ugh I have to play more like that. If I can. More of the time I play Scout, I either try to kill him or get killed and never really tried flanking. I don't use double jump often while in gun battle, I feel it messes up my aim.

Forkball

Chesskid1 said:

anymore free items you get via achievements? I tried googling achivement tf2 items and such but couldn't find a nice list. i think i already unlocked most of the in-tf2 achievement item unlocks.
You can get the Gibus by dominating someone wearing it
The camera hat by getting 1,000 hits on one of your Youtube videos
Ellis Hat and Frying Pan by getting L4D2 (although they won't drop for a while)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
Because TF2 uploader is shit. It took me around 45-50 minutes to upload a barely over a minute video, it doesn't take that long through youtube directly.

Ego Madoushi am rite?
I take it you were on Blu? :D

moojito said:
Woo, I got a hat from my idle session today! Hottie's hoodie. Pity it's not that... stand outy, but a hat's a hat!

Its a decent value (3-4 ref) id be happy with that drop....you could trade it for some other hats (non-unusual of course) and get change XD

Thinking about buying a couple keys to try and get a strange Medigun. Are those things rare or do I have a decent chance of getting one with two attempts? I'm just worried I'm going to get stuck with two bone saws. Not looking forward to that.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Tkawsome said:
Thinking about buying a couple keys to try and get a strange Medigun. Are those things rare or do I have a decent chance of getting one with two attempts? I'm just worried I'm going to get stuck with two bone saws. Not looking forward to that.

It would be cheaper to trade for one. 2ish ref for a strange medi gun.

Tkawsome said:

I'm no expert in trading, but, you could probably just buy 1 key, wait 2 days, then trade it for a minigun + 1 or 2 other stranges. Beats playing the lottery with $10 worth of keys. I'd suggest poking over to the Trading OT :u

ArtistDude88 said:
I'm no expert in trading, but, you could probably just buy 1 key, wait 2 days, then trade it for a minigun + 1 or 2 other stranges. Beats playing the lottery with $10 worth of keys. I'd suggest poking over to the Trading OT :u

Medi...not Mini (medi you can get for a key, mini you can get for like 1.33 ref). He could get the medi but probably nothing else (if you really try you might get a cheap strange outta the deal but theres a reason why the cheap ones are cheap).

But yeah just buy the key and trade

mojiimbo

Tkawsome said:
Don't ever use a key on a crate if your objective is to get a specific strange weapon. You can get everything except the rocket launcher for a single key or less and even the rocket launcher can be had for a key if you're patient enough.

moojito

Hey hey, that was pretty good on the us gaf server tonight. I didn't think I'd like it with my ping that high, but it turns out nade spam still works regardless of your ping!

I'd suggest putting in warmfront instead of coldfront, though. It's much better.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
JackFrost said:
Medi...not Mini (medi you can get for a key, mini you can get for like 1.33 ref). He could get the medi but probably nothing else (if you really try you might get a cheap strange outta the deal but theres a reason why the cheap ones are cheap).

But yeah just buy the key and trade

Price has come down on the medi gun if he only wants to trade 2 ref, and not spend money.

Bakphoon

Tkawsome said:

just buy one for a key. should be easier.

Edit: so many people were faster :/

Yeef

Tired of having to WAIT to play TF2? JANK got you down? Or maybe you just (temporarily) hate custom maps. Well, have I got news for you! This week we'll be doing a trial run of a new server: NeoGAF Janky Ass Server 4.0 || Live Free or Jank Hard.

This server is on an all new host and (fingers crossed) should be far less janky. For the time being I've postponed adding any custom maps to the server as well, so you can play Hoodoo 27 times in a row* just like you always wanted!

Best of all, you can join in the festivities RIGHT NOW! Just connect to join.tf2.gafserver.com (or 72.5.195.109:27015) for you purists.

Those of you too slow to get a spot can rest easy. During the trial run the 3.0 server will continue to jank about. Also, SourceTV is also enabled, so you can just watch other people enjoying the new server instead, if that suits your fancy. I suspect the Jank from the last attempt at TV was due to our old host. If it turns out to not be the case, I'll disable it. To watch the game, just hit up join.tf2.gafserver.com:27020 (or 72.5.195.109:27020)

No you can't.

And, in more important news, my week-or-two journey is at an end. I have collected every item set in the game! Including the Austrailian Christmas hats that aren't listed as part of the sets, even though they technically are.

Click here to bask in my glory!

Sianos

Last night was an amazing Scout night, with almost 200 Scattergun kills and 100 assists. Of course, I'm still mediocre at every other class, but at least I'm good enough to hold my own as Scout now. Playing on The Jank has helped me tremendously.

There's a new, (hopefully) less janky server with no terrible custom maps? Count me in!

If you do add customs to it, try to be a bit more picky, only choosing the cream of the crop. High quality maps like Gullywash and Jank favorites like Pacman would be the best.

Grats on the new server!

But on another note, I think I'm starting to get burnt out on TF2... Just can't get myself to play for too long anymore. Soooooo, I might make like a Doug Welder and quit for a while :D

Top Bottom