• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Surely Guavaman is behind this travesty.

That fiend.

Bluth54

5B14BA8F2AE4DDD00F330E465864AC35CCA8BBA4

A little medic juggling my sentry did tonight on Barn Blitz

In order for me to get to your spawn point in Gravel Pit, I used the dispenser to jump on. I need to hide my sentry more so it doesn't get destroyed like it did.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Would love to jump on, but I have a 4 page paper due tomorrow that I have only finished 1 page of. Have fun!

I always do this. I write better under pressure I think

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Ultratech

Cloudburst was a pretty funny map.
Think I got most of the Briefcase caps there.

A little mind-boggling at times though, since there were a few spots where the briefcase was in plain sight and nobody grabbed it. :(

Yeef

Acerac said:
The fuck.

I forgot who brought it up earlier, but I'll say it again, Breaking Bad and Ponies are the only things worth watching on TV these days.
This is wrong. So very wrong.

There's Mad Men, Curb your Enthusiasm, Bob's Burgers, Archer, Venture Bros., Boondocks, Luther, The IT Crowd, Game of Thrones and The Daily Colbert. And that's just off the top of my head.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I told you about the Sentry but you still went ahead!
I can't hear you Pepper. I'm deaf. You keep saying something, but my ears are bleeding. And it's getting harder and harder to discern the words coming out of your mouth.

OH GOD! There's a sentry around that corner guys. Watch out.

Yeef said:

There's Mad Men, Curb your Enthusiasm, Bob's Burgers, Archer, Venture Bros., Boondocks, Luther, The IT Crowd, Game of Thrones and The Daily Colbert. And that's just off the top of my head.
Hold the phone, Boondocks is back with a new season!?

Clydefrog

This killscreen from tonight made me laugh.

soldier, what are you doing? you can't have all those weapons. you can't even wear a shield!

YcYaW.jpg

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:

I was referring to shows that are still pumping out new episodes! RIP Boondocks.

I really do need to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and Game of Thrones. My buddy keeps trying to get me to catch up on the later, and the former is pure Larry David so it's got to be gold. The Colbert Report is great (I was lucky enough to attend a live taping last summer) but I still prefer the Daily Show, though both are depressing considering the state of politics in the US. Bob's Burgers is pretty awesome, but I just see it going the way of The Critic and all the other Sunday evening Fox shows that are destined to die, so I try not to get too in to it. Best to save myself the annoyance when it is canceled for more shitty seasons of what once was the best show on TV. The Venture Brothers are great, but they come out too seldom. I've gotta admit I missed most of season 3 though, so I really should catch up.

I should check out those others, your counterpoint is full of quality shows so I have no doubt that the rest kick ass. I've heard good things about Archer, how it is like Frisky Dingo only better and that's amazing praise to give. Once I'm finished catching up with BB I'll have to start checking some of those out.

*Wikis Boondocks*

OH SHIT THERE'S GOING TO BE A FOURTH SEASON HOLY FUCK. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS.
Professor Beef said:
Hold the phone, Boondocks is back with a new season!?
My thoughts exactly.

Chesskid1

Banned
things that make me happy when playing tf2. (i play medic and usaully cruddy servers, so they are a nice surprise)

pyro blowing you out. not used to seeing this but it always make me happy.

when a heavy gives me a sandwich. gotta love heavies being generous.

when a pyro gives me a thumbs up. awww. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cytSPIJv_D8

had to look it up and a pyro has to do it manually by selecting thanks in the voice commands (i'm guessing a pyro just binds it and it's one button press?), and apparently all the classes have voice animations. is there an easy way to see the animations?

edit: haha, nice pic clydefrog. what's the thing on his head?

Zerokku said:
Would love to jump on, but I have a 4 page paper due tomorrow that I have only finished 1 page of. Have fun!

I always do this. I write better under pressure I think

Reminds me of the time in 6th grade I had an 8 page (double spaced though) research paper I completely forgot to do until the night before. I wrote the whole damn thing in a few hours and got a 100%.

Like a boss.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:
Reminds me of the time in 6th grade I had an 8 page (double spaced though) research paper I completely forgot to do until the night before. I wrote the whole damn thing in a few hours and got a 100%.

Like a boss.
Last year, eh?

I try to be proactive and at least outline the damn thing first.

equil

What if Valve decided they were going to start selling hat effects, that do the same thing unsuals do, only you would apply them to any hat you want just like the paint is currently used.

Sciz

equil said:
What if Valve decided they were going to start selling hat effects, that do the same thing unsuals do, only you would apply them to any hat you want just like the paint is currently used.
Key sales would drop off a cliff. Not happening.

thefil

In the interest of playing again in the near future, what's going on with Janky-Ass 3.0? I hear talk of 4.0 but nothing in the OP.

Pancakes

Tenck said:
I'm actually downloading this and using it as an mp3 file so I can concentrate at work a lot better.

If you're looking for study aides look no further.

http://www.rainymood.com/

That helped me get through many long nights of studying without getting distracted. You can probably download the MP3 with a FF addon too.

Yeef

thefil said:
In the interest of playing again in the near future, what's going on with Janky-Ass 3.0? I hear talk of 4.0 but nothing in the OP.
4.0 is running a trial week this week. if all turns out well we'll migrate there and 3.0 will shut down. I'll update the OP when/if that happens.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Pussies...two demomen could've taken those fat asses out.
yes just let me sit here and spend 10 seconds throwing out five stickies on a moving target that's being constantly healed and capable of turning invincible in an instant and then the other two are still alive and also they're doing hundreds of hitscan weapon damage by just looking at me

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EmCeeGramr said:
yes just let me sit here and spend 10 seconds throwing out five stickies on a moving target that's being constantly healed and capable of turning invincible in an instant and then the other two are still alive and also they're doing hundreds of hitscan weapon damage by just looking at me
This makes me think you need a primer in demoman play.

I'd spam nades and with ALL those idiots so bunched up together, the splash damage is going to be huge. Then I'd keep spamming stickies and detonating right away. Ner-Oh and wartime could take out those heavy scrubs no problem

And Pangloss, I hate demoKNIGHTS

Order is
1. Douche Ringer Spy
2. Cuntsman
3. Demopansies

Why?
Douche ringer spy is way too easy to abuse and requires little skill. You just have to know where the health and ammo are located. It depends on the idiocy of the other team.
Cuntsman...I just think the hit detection is fuckin bullshit. I understand they need to make it generous to make the class viable, but I shouldn't goddamn die if I'm walking into the side of the arrow.
Demopansies are useless because they can't take out sentries and it's bullshit when I do tons of dmg to them and they get health back from ammo. They need to tweak the class a bit.

Kuro Madoushi said:
This makes me think you need a primer in demoman play.

I'd spam nades and with ALL those idiots so bunched up together, the splash damage is going to be huge. Then I'd keep spamming stickies and detonating right away. Ner-Oh and wartime could take out those heavy scrubs no problem

And Pangloss, I hate demoKNIGHTS

he hates demoknights and he hates me, not demomen in general.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
EmCeeGramr said:
4 pipes is 405 damage, then 60 damage stickies. So yeah 2 demos would have been fine.

commissar

Pyro is boring
Demoknight is boring
Heavy is boring

This shit is cyclic lol.
I can't wait for "medic is OP, uber kills too many people" whining.

Top Bottom