• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Tenck

Cloudius12 said:
I find myself getting kicked by the server if I go afk for about 3min or so.

Well I just left for a few seconds to go to the kitchen and pay my dad some money I owed him and I come back to a screen telling me I'm kicked.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Tenck said:
Well I just left for a few seconds to go to the kitchen and pay my dad some money I owed him and I come back to a screen telling me I'm kicked.

It was Dougwelder, not sure why he did it. Maybe I'll kick him to make up for it.

Yeef

The server will auto-kick you if you're inactive for 3 minutes. Generally if I see someone in active for more than 20 seconds I'll move them to spectator.

I hate it when Steam crashes on me while I'm playing TF2. Also I got an IRL friend to join the server this evening. DrRacoon was a guy I knew from middle school (and before anyone asks, he wasn't a furry back then yet though).

So how much are server costs per month, if we were to find a less janky server? I honestly have no clue what server admins pay for the privilege of letting others play games...

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
So how much are server costs per month, if we were to find a less janky server? I honestly have no clue what server admins pay for the privilege of letting others play games...
Don't worry your pretty little head about that! [/condescending]

Renting your own box is generally between $130 and $200 bucks a month. Shared hosting is generally about 1/8th that.

Tenck

Yeef said:
Don't worry your pretty little head about that! [/condescending]

Renting your own box is generally between $130 and $200 bucks a month. Shared hosting is generally about 1/8th that.

So when will you let us help pay for a new server?

Probably tired of this question I bet :eek:

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Do any of the US/Eu servers still support replays or have they all vanished?

In AUS there's fuck all and it's frustrating since i'm pulling out some awesome middies.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
But how else can I become a premium member and have 10 sentry guns at once? I'm already paying for GAF Gold so I demand some kind of benefit!
Hmm... I've always wanted to make a server where donators are handicapped. Donate $10? Take an extra 10% damage! Donate $50? Take an extra 250% damage and lose the ability to use your primary weapon.

$100 bucks gets you the ability to constantly lose health and ammo whenever you're outside of spawn!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This Pacman map just doesn't want to download =/.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm....

feel 'kinda' bad

Dude traded me a big chief hat for my tomislav.

I said 'really...?'
he said 'yes'
so I went through with it :p

yeah back when i first started playing tf2 i got the large luchadore as a drop when it just came out
and i traded it for a sandman

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My TF2 this weekend has been the following.

Play on server that supports replays, shoot nothing.
Play on server that doesn't support replays, Shoot everything, Middies!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could you make it so that the server has a toggle to allow dumb stuff like 10 sentry guns. I want Mini-sentry maddness mode.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
Tangmaster is ArtisrDude's youngin' cousin.

Kirby: because you're terrible.
ArtistDud! tell your damn cousin not to ask people for games...

<_< >_> or if he wasn't asking for games, tell him to stop being such a scrub on the server!

Yeef

Janky Ass...

B7BDF595DB84CC01277257174D79199439ABA034

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GGs tonight everyone.

I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of the medic class.

So Pacman and Donkey Kong are both pretty awesome. Pacman is great for getting moonshots on.

Satchwar said:
thanks for the rounds tonight guys

now i need to finish my laundry.....
And A Dog Chasing Cars's laundry. :p

Oh what's this? The server went from 10v10 to 5v6? Better have a Heavy/Medic combo!

It isn't fun to play against on low population. Fucking seriously.

Tenck

Obsessed said:
Oh what's this? The server went from 10v10 to 5v6? Better have a Heavy/Medic combo!

It isn't fun to play against on low population. Fucking seriously.

I forgot who went to Heavy class today with like only 6 people in total. Was fucking stupid. I didn't whine though because it doesn't help. Pretty sure it was Boney.

If you're reading this Boney, fuck you.

Anyone know what my problem could be? None of my source engine games work. I play TF2 and L4D and both crash on loading screens. This laptop is faily new. What could be wrong? Did I overheat it already?

Tenck

Sgt.Pepper said:
lol Heavy hate.

This damn game crashes when I finally saved a good replay in a long ass time! >=(

I hate it when It's less than 8 people and someone decides to roll a heavy. I just finished playing in a game with a total of 8 people and 3 heavies on the enemy team. I had soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun. Would love it if all my matches were like that.

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
Argh...

That stellar game I had on Gorge is too freakin long!

Didn't put any editing into it and I'm not sure I'll upload it. Too big!

Speaking of uploading, I still need to upload a bullshit backstab I got on you >:)

Valygar

I think my stats are not updating. A few days ago I killed 14 people with the archer (it was fun, they were pretty bad) and yet in my stats it says: Most points as Sniper: 10, Most headshots: 5 (I did like 8-9).

Anyone knows how to fix this without resetting the stats?

And those items are awesome. I would love a bow with a faster flying arrow, but lower body damage.

Top Bottom