• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

4lkdw2.jpg

Trading anything on this page for a scrap and the crates can go 8 for a scrap. I'll throw in the Rift coupon if anyone wants it too.

All on page 3

Add me on Steam if you're interested. My Steam name is TKAwsome.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thagomizer said:
Does Steam save chat logs? That web site you gave me requires chat logs and I closed out of them before the actual trading took place.

this whole thing is really making me look hopelessly inept
Actually, they do save chat logs. So if you are lucky, Valve may be able to give the hat back on the fact that the guy didn't trade you the full amount.

(._.)

Banned
Taco_Human said:
Do you guys know any websites where people put up their unusuals for sale? I think I'd rather buy one than to test my luck on crates.
i have a burning big cheif and burning merryweather for sale

idk what you're looking for though but sourceop is good. make sure to use a trusted middle man and take great precautions.

XeroSauce

Wendel Clark said:
ok, new page bump and a few item changes

Ye Olde Baker Boy - 1.3 ref
Defiant Spartan, Furious Fukaamigasa - 2.3 ref
Weapons - Scrap each (The Original for 2 scrap)

I'll take the Baker's but I don't have all the metal just yet, I will in a few days though.

Bakphoon

Kuro Madoushi said:
Argh can nobody trade me a machina?!

i would, but i have only a genuine one, and i don't want to trade it away :/

And i got a Strange rocket launcher for a backpack expander yesterday, but at least i have finally one.

Whoa, i almost got a el jefe #1, but someone did outbid me...

Exuro

(._.) said:
i have a burning big cheif and burning merryweather for sale

idk what you're looking for though but sourceop is good. make sure to use a trusted middle man and take great precautions.
Dang how much would a burning merryweather go for?

Have the following weapons!

Regulars:
Widowmaker - 2 scrap
Short Circuit - 2 scrap
Original - 2 scrap

Stranges:
S. Jag - 1 Refined
(2) S. Direct Hit - 2 Reclaimed each
(2) S. Bonesaw - 2 Reclaimed each
S. Flame Thrower - 2 Reclaimed
S. Backburner - 2 Reclaimed
S. Bushwacka - 1 Reclaimed
S. Frontier Justice - 1 Reclaimed
S. Revolver - 1 Reclaimed
S. Kunai - 1 Reclaimed
S. Powerjack - 1 Reclaimed
S. Sydney Sleeper - 1 Reclaimed

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Alaskanbullworm

XeroSauce

Bakphoon said:
i would, but i have only a genuine one, and i don't want to trade it away :/

And i got a Strange rocket launcher for a backpack expander yesterday, but at least i have finally one.

Whoa, i almost got a el jefe #1, but someone did outbid me...

Can I just say I adore your avatar.

I've been thinking about selling my Max's Head, but I'm not sure if it'll keep going up or if it'll drop off randomly like it did a while ago.

Yeef

Looking for:
Sultan's Ceremonial
Armored Authority
Lord Cockswain's Pith Helmet
Desert marauder
Big Chief

Mainly looking to give metal, but I do have two hats I'd be willing to trade:
Jumper's Jeepcap
German Gonzilla

Bakphoon

if i would want a Genuine El Jefe, should i buy it now for around a buds, or should I wait until later if it gets (hopefully) cheaper? Or won't it get cheaper? Thats such a Gamble :(

Edit:

divisionbyzorro said:
Keep your buds. It's (probably) overvalued now because nobody knows how many of them there are.

Like the Deus Ex set?

Thanks for the advice, i should be more patient with that stuff... i guess the same is true for the #9 el jefe.

(I have no buds, only 2 bills + other stuff)

Bakphoon said:
if i would want a Genuine El Jefe, should i buy it now for around a buds, or should I wait until later if it gets (hopefully) cheaper? Or won't it get cheaper? Thats such a Gamble :(

Keep your buds. It's (probably) overvalued now because nobody knows how many of them there are.

I knew that when you had a drop dryspell, the drop system would compensate you the next week with extra possible max number of drops up to about 15-20 or so... but I've had about a quarter of my alts drop a total of 16-20 items (of those about 3 crates and 1 hat)...

PRAISE THE IDLE GODS.

Drkirby said:
Actually, they do save chat logs. So if you are lucky, Valve may be able to give the hat back on the fact that the guy didn't trade you the full amount.
wtf are you talking about? NO Valve has never done this, nor will they ever, hence why they have so many warnings throughout their trading interfaces about scammers.

The MOST he can do is get SourceOP those chat logs and hope that they can intercept the trade/sale of that hat before the scammer sells it or trades it to an innocent person, once it leaves the scammers hands fair and square it's no longer anyone's jurisdiction to take it away from a rightful buyer.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
XeroSauce said:
Sorry, had to.

Anyone else have a spare Machina and Brass Beast? Last two weapons I need other then Rune and Maul.
Heh, it's true. Every time someone says the weapon name I do a double take and make sure they're not talking to me. :S

And I have a second extra Machina that I just grabbed from an alt, same deal - 1 scrap and it's yours. :p

Cuban Legend said:
I knew that when you had a drop dryspell, the drop system would compensate you the next week with extra possible max number of drops up to about 15-20 or so... but I've had about a quarter of my alts drop a total of 16-20 items (of those about 3 crates and 1 hat)...

PRAISE THE IDLE GODS.

The system supposedly carries over unplayed time; you probably had a bunch of those alts lose connections and had their time not count last week. I had the same thing last week; I'm tempted to re-run some of them overnight just to see what happens.

divisionbyzorro said:
The system supposedly carries over unplayed time; you probably had a bunch of those alts lose connections and had their time not count last week. I had the same thing last week; I'm tempted to re-run some of them overnight just to see what happens.
I would do it bro... I mean, just look at this:

ss-2011-09-16_13.39.23nci1.png

ss-2011-09-16_13.39.34cet8.png

ss-2011-09-16_13.40.003eid.png

Thagomizer said:
Really? Where can I find the logs?

Valve has the logs, I was thinking, and maybe there is a loophole in your trade that will make you claim your hat back, while the dude clearly ripped you off he didn't complete the trade he agreed on. if you can convince steam support that the other guy didn't complete the trade maybe, maybe they will give you your hat back.

by the way, your hat started traveling, it is currently in this dude's backpack:

http://www.tf2items.com/id/suckyourmum/

this is your item number, keep it if you want to check your hat recent destination from time to time.

http://www.tf2items.com/item/476681705

Just fyi, if anyone has a Gen El Jefe, they are worth serious cash monies right now.

I traded for one with El Jefe #2 (go me) among other things, put it up on tf2tp and got an offer of 29 ref + milkman + spartan within 10 minutes.

I've also heard of a guy offering a peace buckaroo for it.

Inflammable Slinky said:
Just fyi, if anyone has a Gen El Jefe, they are worth serious cash monies right now.

I traded for one with El Jefe #2 (go me) among other things, put it up on tf2tp and got an offer of 29 ref + milkman + spartan within 10 minutes.

I've also heard of a guy offering a peace buckaroo for it.

The pricing spreadsheet just updated. Apparently fewer people have a Gen El Jefe than have a Gen Maul. (!)

windz

ExMachina said:
Heh, it's true. Every time someone says the weapon name I do a double take and make sure they're not talking to me. :S

And I have a second extra Machina that I just grabbed from an alt, same deal - 1 scrap and it's yours. :p

I'll take it off your hands for a scrap. A friend of mine wanted one so this works perfect. Will be home around 5ish (it's 12:45 now).

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960478545 feel free to add. will be on after work.

1up

divisionbyzorro said:
The pricing spreadsheet just updated. Apparently fewer people have a Gen El Jefe than have a Gen Maul. (!)

Welp, looks like I'm no longer searching for a G. El Jefe. Just a regular version will be fine. Not paying a crappy tier unusual price for green text.

mojiimbo

divisionbyzorro said:
I think it takes a few days for enough backpacks to refresh to give an "accurate" number.

Drkirby said:
I thought Valve did keep chat logs. Oh well.
I'm not saying they don't... I'm just slaying that they wont give people thier scammed hats back, valve has plenty of warnings about trades

What I'm positive of is that valve doesn't get involved in mitigating scamming situations.

Did somebody ask for hats?

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197995245837

Have:

Many hats, but not as many as before the update! Most of the craft hats have been lost to the fires of the crafting system. Still got plenty, so check the backpack

Pocket Medic
Made Man
Connoisseur's Cap
Hottie's Hoodie
Honcho's Headgear
Sultan's Ceremonial

V. Whoopee Cap
V. Hotrod
V. Tyrant's Helm
V. Sola Topi
V. Scotsman's Stove Pipe

V. Crit-a-cola
V. Crusader's Crossbow

Clean UHHHH

S. Knife
S. Scattergun
S. Sniper Rifle
S. Jarate
S. Wrench
S. Jag
a bunch of others

Want:

Metal, keys, other hats.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, there goes all 3 of my spare Machinas. xD Thanks for the trades, guys.

Everything on pages 1 and 2 of my backpack are still up for trade - all weapons a scrap (or 2 random weapons) each, 8 crates of your choice for the same.

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=exmakina

EDIT: Got some more weapons and a couple of crates! Take them from me, please. :p

Top Bottom