• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

mojiimbo said:
It won't be instantaneous but you should be able to get 2 ref each for the Geezer or the F.F. and you should be able to find a Medigun for about that much. There's a lot for 2.33, less for 2 and every now and then someone clears one out at 1.66. You might get lucky and have someone 1:1 trade for one of those hats too. Make sure it's a real strange and not a stock gun with a nametag though.
Strange Mediguns are going for about 4 refined?

Bakphoon

Drkirby said:
I would think a #1 hat should be worth anymore.

i offered 2 buds worth of stuff ( buds + bills + full g. deus ex set + 1 key) and he still refuses it.. i don't want to pay 3-4 buds for it :/

I got also PM'd because of this offer, and i got offered a p. fetti stout shako for the stuff i offered for the #1 el jefe ( buds + bills + g. deus ex set + 1 key). But i dont know what unusuals are worth, so i wanted to ask here.

Bakphoon said:
i offered 2 buds worth of stuff ( buds + bills + full g. deus ex set + 1 key) and he still refuses it.. i don't want to pay 3-4 buds for it :/

I got also PM'd because of this offer, and i got offered a p. fetti stout shako for the stuff i offered for the #1 el jefe ( buds + bills + g. deus ex set + 1 key). But i dont know what unusuals are worth, so i wanted to ask here.

A soldier fetti is a pretty solid 2 buds, and the stout shako plus fetti is a themed hat (parade with confetti) Granted its a crappy theme, but soldier hats that dont suck are pretty easily 2 buds even on the low end.

Also, as the crafter of el jefe #2 and wingstick #3, low craft numbers are a hideously bad market. "Stable" is the exact opposite I would use to describe them.

Bakphoon

Inflammable Slinky said:
A soldier fetti is a pretty solid 2 buds, and the stout shako plus fetti is a themed hat (parade with confetti) Granted its a crappy theme, but soldier hats that dont suck are pretty easily 2 buds even on the low end.

Also, as the crafter of el jefe #2 and wingstick #3, low craft numbers are a hideously bad market. "Stable" is the exact opposite I would use to describe them.

So i guess i should avoid everything with low craft numbers except if its a team captain.

Edit:
I thought it would be a good trade because the genuine one goes for buds at the moment :/

Edit2: i got outbid, someone else offered 4 buds for the #1 el jefe.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I don't know how much this or that is worth, so I'll just throw this out there: I got another Spy hat drop today, a Familiar Fez. I'd like to trade it for a Madame Dixie, if it all possible. If the Fez is worth less I can throw in some metal to even things out.

Not sure if there's even any interest, but you know. I'm open to other hat offers too.

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I don't know how much this or that is worth, so I'll just throw this out there: I got another Spy hat drop today, a Familiar Fez. I'd like to trade it for a Madame Dixie, if it all possible. If the Fez is worth less I can throw in some metal to even things out.

Not sure if there's even any interest, but you know. I'm open to other hat offers too.

Check my bp to see if there's any hat you like.

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197995245837

I thought it would be a good trade because the genuine one goes for buds at the moment :/

Doesnt really apply. I sold my el jefe for a gen el jefe, a clean UHHHH, a couple stranges and hats and I consider my self very lucky.

Yeef said:
I'll take these two.

[EDIT] Still looking for a Sultan's Ceremonial and Desert Marauder.

Got both of these, add me.

mojiimbo

GuiltybyAssociation said:

It's worth enough to get two Dixies out of it.

Bakphoon

I got lucky and I found the guy who owns the #26 Team Captain.

He wants to sell it for 3.5 buds though.

I also saw an offer on tf2tp for an #28 one.

He sells a ghosts safe n' sound for 6 buds, ghosts safe n' sound + # 28 together for 7 buds.

So I guess the price of the #28 TC alone would be buds - 1.5 buds, which would make the better deal (if he sold the TC alone)

Im a bit confused :/

moojito

So, you people that know about the current state of the tf2 economy, would I be likely to find a trade of a strange stickybomb launcher AND a strange grenade launcher for my hottie's hoodie?

A brief search of the tf2tp shows the hoodie going for 3,5ish refined, and those two demo weapons seem to be about 2 refined each, so I'm guessing not. I thought I'd double check with the folk in the know, though.

Valygar

This is madness, two hats I was looking for and traded for (Modest Pile of hat and Flipped trilby) drop soon after the trade. So.

I've decided to sell all the hats I'm not using:

Vintage Scotsman's Stove Pipe (Level 55) - 3.66 ref
Flipped Trilby (Level 5) - 1.66 ref
Modest Pile of Hat (Level 4) - 2 ref
Dealer's Visor (Level 50) - 2 reclaimed
Ellis' Cap (Level 10) - 2 scrap
Vintage Foster's Facade (Level 1) - 2 rec

Steam id: Duerkos

So, you people that know about the current state of the tf2 economy, would I be likely to find a trade of a strange stickybomb launcher AND a strange grenade launcher for my hottie's hoodie?

A brief search of the tf2tp shows the hoodie going for 3,5ish refined, and those two demo weapons seem to be about 2 refined each, so I'm guessing not. I thought I'd double check with the folk in the know, though.

In any case, I would recommend to sell the hoodie and then try to buy the weapons. Still, if it's a major seller, you might be able to do the trade if you throw a reclaimed or something on top of it, but the other way should be easier.

mojiimbo

moojito said:

Make a post with your Hoodie with the only two things in your wishlist being the two demo stranges. Make it clear that you are only looking for both and bump it aggressively. It's close enough in value that I think you might get someone to do a 2:1 trade but it might take a while.

Switters

Bakphoon said:
People can be such jerks.

Link contains offensive language:

http://imgur.com/WWHQe

(He wanted 6 keys for a white bills on TF2TP)

I lol'd when I saw his name. Then I read it again in his voice and lol'd some more.

PonyGAF are some of the best, most respectful traders in my book, though I've had nothing but great experiences from GAF trading thus far.

Bakphoon

divisionbyzorro said:
I think the screenshot was more to point out the "you're from Germany so you're a nazi" bullshit.

yes, thats what i meant. I should have made it more clear in the post. I can accept that people don't like me because i have a pony avatar, but i cannot tolerate being called a nazi only because i'm German.

Switters said:
I might be interested in that. Can one use it with villains veil?
I believe it used to clip, but don't know if it was fixed. I think so, but not really sure.

Also doesn't matter if you aren't going to trade, add me anyway.

XeroSauce

Zel3 said:
Would you take some games for your Max head?

Both you and Steve have made me this offer. xD I'm gonna hold onto it while it keep rising in price.

Exuro said:
google shows a guy having a hard time selling it at 2.5 buds so I'd say no.

Yea, that's what I found as well. Thanks.

Zel3

XeroSauce said:
Both you and Steve have made me this offer. xD I'm gonna hold onto it while it keep rising in price.

Yea, that's what I found as well. Thanks.

Let me know if you decide to take me up on my offer. :p

Top Bottom