• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

webrunner

MASSIVE CRATE CLEARANCE

http://www.tf2items.com/id/webrunner

or if you prefer

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=webrunner

a bunch of pretty much every crate from 19 to 28. I'll take a weapon for two,I will take a scrap for five, and i'll give out it all for anything worthwhile. I'll also take any other offer. Seriously, take my crates!

I have...
16 x 3
17 x 3
18 x 2
19 x 2
20 x 2
21 x 2

23 x 3
24 x 2
25 x 3
26 x 4
27 x 4
28 x 1

Also, I have an extra spy hat (nanobalaclava) or Heavy hat (copper's hard top) for the right Sniper or Scout hat.

Also I'll take any hat or misc for a ref.

webrunner said:
MASSIVE CRATE CLEARANCE

http://www.tf2items.com/id/webrunner

or if you prefer

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=webrunner

a bunch of pretty much every crate from 19 to 28. I'll take a weapon for two,I will take a scrap for five, and i'll give out it all for anything worthwhile. I'll also take any other offer. Seriously, take my crates!

Also, I have an extra spy hat (nanobalaclava) for the right Sniper or Scout hat.

for that price ill take all your 19, and a few 20s/21s steam link in pro

arts&crafts said:
So i just started playing again for the first time in a long time and I am unsure how to craft/whatever. How do you get orange weapons that seem to one shot me, do I have to buy them with real dollars?

Not sure exactly which weapons you're talking about, but:

• You should never buy weapons with real dollars.
  • You will get more weapons as you play.
  • In general, unlocked/dropped weapons are not superior to their vanilla counterparts - just different.
  • There are plenty of kind-hearted GAFers who will help you trade for other weapons you're missing.

webrunner

divisionbyzorro said:

• In general, unlocked/dropped weapons are not superior to their vanilla counterparts - just different.
  • There are plenty of kind-hearted GAFers who will help you trade for other weapons you're missing.

Regarding buying weapons: It's actually not a bad idea to buy the Rocket Jumper if you want that, as the Sticky/Rocket Jumpers are both cheap, and the Rocket Jumper only has a 1/6 chance if you use tokens.

Also for unlocked/dropped weapons: A lot of promotional weapons are just skins, as well. The maul, three rune blade, iron kurtain, etc, have the same stats as other weapons. HOWEVER, some, like the Shogun weapons (Concheror, eg) are new stats.

divisionbyzorro said:

Ah okay, and whats the difference between genuine, vintage and the orange font?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
arts&crafts said:
Ah okay, and whats the difference between genuine, vintage and the orange font?

Genuine: Awarded for a pre-order or other promotion.
Vintage: Received before some relevant cut-off point.
Orange font: "Strange" weapons, these keep track of kills/relevant events achieved with the weapon.

All version of a weapon function identically. A Genuine Sun-on-a-Stick is identical to a normal Sun-on-a-Stick. A normal Shotgun is identical to a Strange Shotgun. They may be valued differently in trading, but they're functionally identical.

"Strange" weapons are only available in crates or by trade. Spending real money on keys is the easiest way to get a Strange weapon, but trading metal is the easiest way to get a specific Strange weapon.

Also, if you get a purple-font Unusual anything, hold on to that motherfucker.

Charron said:
Genuine: Awarded for a pre-order or other promotion.
Vintage: Received before some relevant cut-off point.
Orange font: "Strange" weapons, these keep track of kills/relevant events achieved with the weapon.

All version of a weapon function identically. A Genuine Sun-on-a-Stick is identical to a normal Sun-on-a-Stick. A normal Shotgun is identical to a Strange Shotgun. They may be valued differently in trading, but they're functionally identical.

"Strange" weapons are only available in crates or by trade. Spending real money on keys is the easiest way to get a Strange weapon, but trading metal is the easiest way to get a specific Strange weapon.

Also, if you get a purple-font Unusual anything, hold on to that motherfucker.

Wonderful, so I pretty much just play and unlock random things as I go. I don't feel like buying items/keys since i paid money for the actual game at launch. Thanks for the help.

arts&crafts said:
Wonderful, so I pretty much just play and unlock random things as I go. I don't feel like buying items/keys since i paid money for the actual game at launch. Thanks for the help.

Also, if you get an Unusual, you will be bombarded by people making offers. These people are almost always scammers. Whatever they offer you, multiply that number by at least 10 to get something closer the fair price.

Hop

arts&crafts said:

Pretty much. Almost everything with actual gameplay relevance will drop eventually, the exception being the Rocket/Sticky jumpers. Except for five of them, hats do nothing (and even then only with certain loadouts) so there's no real reason to concern yourself with them.

But of course, once you put a couple hundred hours into the game and have every weapon, you start to look around at other things to collect...

Anony

havent posted in a while..
my backpack
first 3 pages, looking 1 scrap per weapon, 2 scrap for vintage weapons (on 4th page)

looking to trade hats:
engineer:
Prairie Heel Biters
Buckaroos Hat
Safe'n'Sound (maybe)
heavy:
Coupe D'isaster
Tough Guy's Toque (maybe)
The Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun (maybe)
spy/medic:
Private Eye

want to get rid of strange frontier justice -> only really want strange axtingisher, if u have a spare, please consider trading this with me, would be great help
also, if u have a safe'n'sound that you're just trading away/dont want, would u consider trading my safe'n'sound for it (i dont like the crafted bit)

just add me if u need to ask me something

Scipius

Anony said:
(i dont like the crafted bit)

You can get rid of that yourself; just select 'Restore' when viewing the item in your backpack; it will erase the crafter's name (but not a craft number unfortunately).

Charron said:
Two reclaimed sound good?

A bit too pricey for me at the moment. Best I can do is one reclaimed right now. That's still on the high end according to the pricing sheet though.

Edit: Sorry, I got my lingo all confused. I was thinking refined. Yeah, I'm down to trade for two reclaimed.

Hop

Tkawsome said:
A bit too pricey for me at the moment. Best I can do is one reclaimed right now. That's still on the high end according to the pricing sheet though.

Edit: Sorry, I got my lingo all confused. I was thinking refined. Yeah, I'm down to trade for two reclaimed.

Heh, do that all the time. Prod me whenever, I should be here for a while.

Anony

Scipius said:
You can get rid of that yourself; just select 'Restore' when viewing the item in your backpack; it will erase the crafter's name (but not a craft number unfortunately).
wow, didnt know that, thanks

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I have some stuff to trade.

Weapons, 1 Scrap Each:
Cow Mangler x4
Righteous Bison
Postal Pummeler x 4
Sharpened Volcano Fragment
Diamondback
The Machina

Strange Weapon Crates, 1 Scrap Each:

19 x 5
20 x 2
21 x 1
23 x 2
24 x 1
25 x 1
26 x 18
27 x 14
28 x 10
29 x 6

Hats:
Bombing Run
Heavy Duty Rag

Also, I still need the following Strange Weapons:
Scattergun
Pistol
Rocket Launcher
Direct Hit
Black Box
Flamethrower
Axtinguisher
Stickybomb Launcher
Grenade Launcher
Minigun
Wrench
Medi Gun
Sniper Rifle
Jarate
Bushwacka
Revolver
Conniver's Kunai

Exuro

Drkirby said:
Ok, I have some stuff to trade.

Weapons, 1 Scrap Each:

The Original
Sharpened Volcano Fragment

Also, I still need the following Strange Weapons:
Flamethrower
I have a strange flamethrower, will trade it for 1 rec + those two weapons. Spreadsheet has it at 2 rec - 1 ref

Exuro

MotionBlue said:
Posting here, since I've had no luck on the trade servers.

Looking for a Strange Hotshot(Welder mask for engi)
You mean the hotrod? Hats can't be strange :p I do have one, how much are you looking at getting one for?

Exuro said:
You mean the hotrod? Hats can't be strange :p I do have one, how much are you looking at getting one for?

Er, yes. Hotrod. Already have a Vintage one. I haven't crafted in awhile, so I was hoping you could quote a price.

Zomba13

Rickenslacker said:
I'm being offered a Sight for Sore Eyes and 8 ref for my Team Captain, should I bite?
According to the spreadsheet it's worth 8-9 on its own. I'd say yes unless it's numbered or something.

XeroSauce

I'm buying keys at 2.33 refined each.

Steam link in GAF profile. My doggie is sleeping on my lap so i can't use my right hand.

Anyone know what the new spy hats are worth? L'Inspecteur and The Counterfeit Billycock?

Have both #144 and #147 (not that, that matters), trying to offload them for a high price heh.

Top Bottom