• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Hazaro said:
~11 ref(?) + 2.33 per key should equal around 15. I'd say if you found a person who wants it try 3 keys, but take 2. Those Pyro items should be much easier to sell, just turn them around quick.

Note I am not an expert.

I have had a ~7 ref and ~9 ref offer for it, so I'm going to decline.
I'm trying to find someone for this trade lol. No one seems to have keys.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Try to check other trades with the same item but a higher AND lower number. Then decide between.

I think you could get a bills and some other items though.

If TF2TP search worked I could :p

DarkKyo

Hazaro said:
~11 ref(?) + 2.33 per key should equal around 15. I'd say if you found a person who wants it try 3 keys, but take 2. Those Pyro items should be much easier to sell, just turn them around quick.

Note I am not an expert.

I have had a ~7 ref and ~9 ref offer for it, so I'm going to decline.
How bout 2 refined, 2 reclaimed, 2 keys?

SteveWinwood said:
Not true at all.

well based on what I have been seeing on the reddit trading forums, its been the case. The first day people were clamoring over low numbered hats. Now it seems to make no difference what number it is.

arts&crafts said:
sure add me my account name is opa_raul

also since I am a noob I thought I would keep you guys posted on my
blizzardsamur-eye.jpg

After 2 days on sourceop I have had 2 offers the highest being 230. Everyone is telling me that is way too low.. If you guys think I can get a lot higher would someone with good rep on sourceop want to try selling it and I would give them a cut? I even said I would take promos/buds as they seem to be easy to sell.

not sure if you can get much more for it, if you are patient go for it. personally, i'd find it hard to turn down a $230 offer for a virtual hat. Then again, I guess it all depends on how much you have spent on keys to get that hat too.

DarkKyo

KingOfKong said:
not sure if you can get much more for it, if you are patient go for it. personally, i'd find it hard to turn down a $230 offer for a virtual hat. Then again, I guess it all depends on how much you have spent on keys to get that hat too. I have an unusual and spent under $20 for keys. I will be keeping it, never buying another key again, and just know how lucky I was considering a lot of people spend hundreds of dollars and never get an unusual.
What is your unusual? Just curious.

KingOfKong said:
not sure if you can get much more for it, if you are patient go for it. personally, i'd find it hard to turn down a $230 offer for a virtual hat. Then again, I guess it all depends on how much you have spent on keys to get that hat too. I have an unusual and spent under $20 for keys. I will be keeping it, never buying another key again, and just know how lucky I was considering a lot of people spend hundreds of dollars and never get an unusual.

True enough, I am guessing you have never sold anything for paypal? I am wondering how I would do it. If he has the rep on the forum am I too just send him the item and hope he will send paypal as he has rep to maintain?

DarkKyo

KingOfKong said:
Unusual Shooter's Sola Topi with Ghosts. Ghosts and Stormy Storm are my favorite effects so I am stoked.
Sweet! I also lucked into my favorite effect. On my fav hats too-- purple energy on glengarry bonnet and pyromancer mask.

Milly79

arts&crafts said:
True enough, I am guessing you have never sold anything for paypal? I am wondering how I would do it. If he has the rep on the forum am I too just send him the item and hope he will send paypal as he has rep to maintain?

If I were the seller, I would get a middleman to hold the hat. The guy then sends the money and he gets the hat from the middleman.

arts&crafts said:

see if he will pay you first. once it goes through, give him the hat. if he wants to use a middleman, I am unsure of how that would work. make sure he uses the "gift" option on Paypal so that there are no fees for the transaction.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dechaios said:
How bout 2 refined, 2 reclaimed, 2 keys?
Missed this, but I sold it for more than that in metal. If you wait I'm sure it will come down.
KingOfKong said:
see if he will pay you first. once it goes through, give him the hat. if he wants to use a middleman, I am unsure of how that would work. make sure he uses the "gift" option on Paypal so that there are no fees for the transaction.
No way he will direct sell as "gift" (No chargebacks allowed) to a person with 0 rep.
He has to go through a middleman.

Bakphoon

Just got a Salvaged Mann co crate (#30) as a drop. What is so special about them that everyone pays so much? (got already 7.33 ref offered on it)

Bakphoon said:
Just got a Salvaged Mann co crate (#30) as a drop. What is so special about them that everyone pays so much? (got already 7.33 ref offered on it)
Very rare drop rate, and nice S. Weapons inside.

Bakphoon said:

There's some good items in there. Not sure why people think they're so rare though. It's only been a week since it hit, and people were claiming it was really rare the day of the update. Maybe it's just the slightly different name.

Hazaro said:
Traded my metal and keys for $$$$$$$$$$.
I'm still not sure how I feel about this.
How much metal and how many keys, and how much cash money? I mean getting money just from a game you played seems like a win to me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rickenslacker said:
How much metal and how many keys, and how much cash money? I mean getting money just from a game you played seems like a win to me.
Roughly 35 refined for $30.

It's like TF2 is paying me to play it!

Deadbeat

Banned
arts&crafts said:
only accept gifts as payment. Also, Trell is a good middleman. He has a giant rep thread on sourceop.

Hazaro said:
Traded my metal and keys for $$$$$$$$$$.
I'm still not sure how I feel about this.
nice work bro. selling metal isnt always as easy as promos (bills/buds) but its easier than trading up to those promos and losing a percentage due to trading up at a slight loss.

What i do with the money is leave it in my paypal and it's become my fund for a new GPU in the future.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hazaro said:
Roughly 35 refined for $30.

It's like TF2 is paying me to play it!
Where did you sell? I am hoping to open up a decent amount of idlers, and don't really know where to find people to sell the metal to fund them.

Also, how much is the protest sign worth?

Acerac

Banned
Anyone want 35 crates? A bit of metal or crappy strange weapons would be appreciated but are far from necessary, I just want these things out of my bags.

*Edit*

Just invite me to trade if you want them and I'm on.

Acerac said:
Anyone want 35 crates? A bit of metal or crappy strange weapons would be appreciated but are far from necessary, I just want these things out of my bags.

*Edit*

Just invite me to trade if you want them and I'm on.
you should have your steam profile link in your GAF profile. In fact everyone here should so its easy to find y'all if we want to add you like now.

Acerac

Banned
Good point. I made my Steam account well after my GAF account so it never occurred to me. The name is Acerac if you want them.

*Edit*

Hmm... I don't see it as an option. I guess I'll just do what you did and put it under xfire.

Acerac said:
Hmm... I don't see it as an option. I guess I'll just do what you did and put it under xfire.
I find this hilarious for some reason. It can't be that hard to update the member profiles for a steam slot. Evilore himself uses it a shitton.

mojiimbo said:
Search hasn't been working for days on TF2TP so no one is going to read it. If you're lucky you'll get 90 seconds of exposure every 30 minutes or whenever you decide to bump it from the people reading the "recent" page .
they certainly picked a great time to try to "upgrade" their system.

Pro-tip: fuck tf2tp (for now). Use tf2outpost.com.

Lighting-fast, easier to navigate (as long as you know the names of the items you're looking for), easier to keep track of your offers and trades.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That was all my my main account by playing.
It just happened I casually mentioned I had a crapton of metal in a chat room.

I would imagine SourceOP would be the only real place to sell it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hazaro said:
That was all my my main account by playing.
It just happened I casually mentioned I had a crapton of metal in a chat room.

I would imagine SourceOP would be the only real place to sell it.

Ahh. I only have 1 account but I dont really buy anything just idle once week after every drop reset and turn any extra wpns into metal. Of course I should really ask my cousin if i can use account to idle since he hasnt played in forever.

Nelo Ice said:
$30? I suddenly want to make multiple idle accounts now...
with my 24 idelrs i can make about 10 refined a week with smelting weapons into REF alone, per week. so think about it seriously, It's not for everyone.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
If you do decide to go into the smurf business, be sure to buy keys when upgrading accounts. You can get a smurf for essentially $1 if you decide to cash out of the bought keys.

God, this Crate #30 business is infuriating. I've been waiting for a Strange Gunslinger for a long time, and this artificial supply constraint is ridiculous.

OMG Aero

divisionbyzorro said:
God, this Crate #30 business is infuriating. I've been waiting for a Strange Gunslinger for a long time, and this artificial supply constraint is ridiculous.
With the way that crate #30 has a unique name and icon with cobwebs, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone gets a free one on the Halloween event.

OMG Aero said:
With the way that crate #30 has a unique name and icon with cobwebs, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone gets a free one on the Halloween event.

I certainly hope so. I'm not paying those insane prices for those stranges.

But if one drops for me, I'm opening it immediately.

Anilusion

Where can I sell keys/metal for cash?

Also, I have a page full of crates if anybody wants them. I'll take pretty much anything for them, just want to get rid of them. (Except series 2 which seems to have an actual value according to spreadsheet)

http://tf2b.com/?id=anilusion

GruntOfAction scammed bought all the crates for 1 scrap

Anilusion said:
Where can I sell keys/metal for cash?

Also, I have a page full of crates if anybody wants them. I'll take pretty much anything for them, just want to get rid of them. (Except series 2 which seems to have an actual value according to spreadsheet)

http://tf2b.com/?id=anilusion

GruntOfAction scammed bought all the crates for 1 scrap

Lies. All lies.

Anybody want to buy a Surgeon's Stethoscope with a Team Spirit German Gonzola?

Expected. It was a very good trade.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: Got one uncraftable for 1 key and 2 rec. That's fine with me, because WHO WOULD WANT TO CRAFT THIS

XeroSauce

Charmer's Chapeau dropped a few nights ago.

/YES, YES

Anyone have arranges to trade? I need a few more.

Also; should I open my Manniversary Presents on my alt's? I forgot to do it before this patch. :/

XeroSauce said:
Charmer's Chapeau dropped a few nights ago.

/YES, YES

Anyone have arranges to trade? I need a few more.

Also; should I open my Manniversary Presents on my alt's? I forgot to do it before this patch. :/
Well, you can sell them for 2 rec at least. They were free in any case, so you do get something. :p

Edit: I'm selling a G. Anger. Spreadsheet price.

Top Bottom