• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

so someone offered $150 for my Blizzardy Samur-eye
magicmustard

I would go through a reputable middle man from sourceop, do you think this is a fair deal? I really don't know much about tf2 trading lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
arts&crafts said:
magicmustard

I would go through a reputable middle man from sourceop, do you think this is a fair deal? I really don't know much about tf2 trading lol
Keep it listed for another 2 days at least.
Aim for $350+ See where you end up.

arts&crafts said:
magicmustard

too low, they want to take advantage of your newbieness, aim for higher, not "greedy higher" but definitely higher, tell him you are in no rush and that the best offer will take it

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
arts&crafts said:
sounds good, probably a scammer he seemed over anxious
Lowballing is easy money yo.

Money and hat will go to middleman.
Middleman will verify items and intent.
Middleman will give you items.

Bakphoon

Zel3 said:
I just sold them for 5.33 Refined.

Kind of nice to make a profit on something for once. I used 2 random hats to craft them.

Its more because the chops are €2.50 in store here. So they should fall down to around 3 ref soon i think.

I don't know why people bother trying to get new gets when they just came out, just wait for a while. New hats are always overpriced, just like S. weapons.

LOL @ 6 ref for S. Machina/Kritz/Gunslinger (individually).

XeroSauce

Sgt.Pepper said:
I don't know why people bother trying to get new gets when they just came out, just wait for a while. New hats are always overpriced, just like S. weapons.

LOL @ 6 ref for S. Machina/Kritz/Gunslinger (individually).

6 REF LOL.

I remember when people were selling the Strange Minigun for like a key and I just laughed.

Just a recap here, but I'm looking to trade for:

Persian Persuader
Liberty Launcher
Machina

And maybe depending on the price:
Grenadier's Softcap (honestly, it's on sale, I might buy it instead.)
Milkman
Familiar Fez
Strange Flare Gun
Strange Flamethrower

Want to trade/sell:

Original x1
Atomizer x1
Market Gardener x1
Concheor x1
Prancer's Pride x1
Strange Powerjack x1
#4 Crate x2
#24 Crate x1
Soldier Mask x2
Engineer Mask x1
Indubitably Green x1

mojiimbo

^

Not sure if you're interested but I have both the Milkman and the Softcap for 2 refined each. If you pay in keys I'll take each as 2.33 refined each and give you back your change in metal.
XeroSauce said:
6 REF LOL.

I remember when people were selling the Strange Minigun for like a key and I just laughed.
AFAIK the Strange Minigun was still worth more than a key up until Thursday. I say that because I don't know how the drastic changes to the trading environment have affected the value or what Valve turning off pop-ups have done to the value of stranges.

I got a Scottish Handshake. It's a re-skin for the bottle but because that whole set is just cosmetic, I have no clue if it's worth anything. If any of you guys are looking for it let me know.

I just got a Virtual Reality Headset up for sale if anyone's interested. I'm looking for Stereoscopic Shades in particular but I'm open to whatever.

Tenck

arts&crafts said:
sounds good, probably a scammer he seemed over anxious

I don't think any of us could stress this enough, but keep it at +$300 for as long as you can. Obviously +$$350 would be amazing too, just don't go below $300. I think until you get it off your hamds, you should come and bug us to see if a trade is legit :p

I think I'm going to trade/"sell" most of my hats and the guns that are worth something.

My backpack

Max's Severed Head isn't for sale.

Nor are some others, but send me a PM if you see something that you want.

Anony

Rickenslacker said:
I just got a Virtual Reality Headset up for sale if anyone's interested. I'm looking for Stereoscopic Shades in particular but I'm open to whatever.
i've got a Spectre's Spectacles (for spy) if you're interested

Deadbeat

Banned
Tenck said:
I don't think any of us could stress this enough, but keep it at +$300 for as long as you can. Obviously +$$350 would be amazing too, just don't go below $300. I think until you get it off your hamds, you should come and bug us to see if a trade is legit :p
Or let someone here try selling it for you if your lack of rep is keeping the price down. You can then use a competent middleman like Trell (hes been a middleman for huge trades).

OMG Aero

NihonTiger90 said:
Just a recap here, but I'm looking to trade for:

Persian Persuader
Liberty Launcher
Machina

And maybe depending on the price:
Grenadier's Softcap (honestly, it's on sale, I might buy it instead.)
Milkman
Familiar Fez
Strange Flare Gun
Strange Flamethrower

Want to trade/sell:

Original x1
Atomizer x1
Market Gardener x1
Concheor x1
Prancer's Pride x1
Strange Powerjack x1
#4 Crate x2
#24 Crate x1
Soldier Mask x2
Engineer Mask x1
Indubitably Green x1
Current going rate for the Halloween masks is one scrap each right? I can give you two scrap for the soldier and engineer masks.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/OMGAero

Seems like store brought TC goes for 4-5 ref, while non-store ones go around 6 ref.

Actually seems most store bought hats sell a little lower than others since they can't be crafted.

Well, I just did what I thought I'd never do: open another alt. But I wanted to buy the Rocket/Sticky jumpers, and stuff was on sale on the store, so I figured I might as well open a new alt with the purchase.

And with that comes the ability to trade away Professor Speks! Is there a usual fee for giving these things away? I'll take most any offers...

mojiimbo said:
Were you still looking for that key? It's been a few days so I understand if you didn't want one anymore.

Oh yeah - I forgot about that!

I might still want it. Let me see what my alts drop this week - with all of the new stuff (especially the new stranges), I might not want to tie up my free metal in keys right now.

yeoz

Dechaios said:
Greetings. I am looking for cobweb crates (#30, salvaged)

I will give you 2 scrap for each. Looking for 5 or 6 of them...
#30 crates are incredibly rare, so that's quite a low ball. I'll offer 2+ refined per crate at this point for #30 crates if anybody has any, which is still a lowball probably :p

fwiw, I haven't seen a #30 drop yet on any of my pile of idlers...

DarkKyo

yeoz said:
#30 crates are incredibly rare, so that's quite a low ball. I'll offer 2+ refined per crate at this point for #30 crates if anybody has any, which is still a lowball probably :p

Damn, that rare?? I did not realize. Well I will cede my offer to the man with unlimited resources :/

yeoz said:

I only had one drop and immediately traded it for a key, easy. so yeah, lowball indeed lol.

apparently though people are offering multiple keys and more for a #30 now, i shoulda held onto it a bit longer.

Top Bottom