• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

So after trading my dropped 'The Schadenfreude' into the TF2 Warehouse, I have acquired the following items:

Strange Sniper Rifle
Strange Black Box
Strange Backburner
Strange Sydney Sleeper
Strange Flare Gun
Strange Bushwhacka
Strange Gloves of Running Urgently (it's two scrap; why not)
Strange Pain Train (it's one scrap; why not)
Strange Grenade Launcher
Strange Crusader's Crossbow
A Deep Commitment to Purple

And I still have a refined left.

God help me I'm addicted to collecting Stranges. I can't help myself! The warehouse has only heightened my addiction - and there are still so many left!

Exuro

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks to an awesome individual, I have a small surplus of the Halloween paper masks.

I have:

Demo Mask

And, I will give them free to those who need them!

I will check your profile to see if the achievement is earned or not!

Edit: Updated
Edit2: Updated
Edit3: Updated
I'll take the demo mask if it hasnt been taken.

EDIT: looks like I was beaten D:

aqws

Exuro, what mask are you needing? I have a few i would get rid of for a weapon I dont have.

extra:
medic
scout
engie

Exuro

aqws said:
Exuro, what mask are you needing? I have a few i would get rid of for a weapon I dont have.

extra:
medic
scout
engie
Medic and engie, demo and pyro would be the other two i need.

speaking of power idlers I have a couple of questions:

- Do you register all your idlers with your same e-mail address? if that a good or bad idea? can it conflict somehow the accounts?

- What is a good way to add money to alt accounts, I looked into one of those internet cards but I had to add a minimum of 25$ per card and I only want to add the minimum required to make the account premium.

depending of the answers and how easy is to ad payment I might create 2 accounts tonight

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
yeoz said:
Are you getting any particular error with textmode? What command line are you using?

It finally started working, it took 6 hours to find 1 item though.

-textmode -novid -nosound -noipx -nojoy -nopreload -sw -width 640 -height 480 +map itemtest

I had -dxlevel 81 , because it cuts the memory usage in half, but I don't know if that was causing issues, because for some reason it makes the game open up briefly, it was not doing that with 32 bit.

yeoz

The Omega Man said:
- Do you register all your idlers with your same e-mail address? if that a good or bad idea? can it conflict somehow the accounts?

- What is a good way to add money to alt accounts, I looked into one of those internet cards but I had to add a minimum of 25$ per card and I only want to add the minimum required to make the account premium.
I have a domain name. ye1z@mydomain ye2z@, ye3z@, etc. I have at least one account that shares an email address with another, but, I'm not sure that's the greatest idea.

My credit card providers offers one-time-use credit card numbers. Not sure that most banks do this though.

I would probably advise against it for now, if you don't have an easy way of getting single use credit card numbers.

Iadien said:
It finally started working, it took 6 hours to find 1 item though.

-textmode -novid -nosound -noipx -nojoy -nopreload -sw -width 640 -height 480 +map itemtest

I had -dxlevel 81 , because it cuts the memory usage in half, but I don't know if that was causing issues, because for some reason it makes the game open up briefly, it was not doing that with 32 bit.
The item servers were acting up last night. You probably shouldn't be idling when the item servers are down, because that's wasted idling time you won't recover. In fact, idling before the halloween update thats coming out today or tomorrow is probably a bad idea in general.

dxlevel 81 works fine for me. keep in mind that you only need to use dxlevel 81 once, as that just permanently changes the video settings, and you can take it off after that. (-autoconfig to remove)

Iadien

I didn't idle over night, it was early yesterday morning I was testing it. I understand there's an update, but I was trying to figure out why I wasn't receiving any items, I stopped idling after I finally got a drop.

For whatever reason, I cannot run -dxlevel 81 without it screwing up my resolution, it's a known bug that I found while searching on google, it forces my resolution to 1280 x 800 until I change it back to -dxlevel 90. I have no idea how to fix it.

Edit: nm, setting the resolution I want in the launch options fixes the issue. But my memory isn't 400mb, it's 800-900mb. guess I'll do more searching...

yeoz

Iadien said:
I didn't idle over night, it was early yesterday morning I was testing it. I understand there's an update, but I was trying to figure out why I wasn't receiving any items, I stopped idling after I finally got a drop.

For whatever reason, I cannot run -dxlevel 81 without it screwing up my resolution, it's a known bug that I found while searching on google, it forces my resolution to 1280 x 800 until I change it back to -dxlevel 90. I have no idea how to fix it.

Edit: nm, setting the resolution I want in the launch options fixes the issue. But my memory isn't 400mb, it's 800-900mb. guess I'll do more searching...
eh, if you're textmode idling with your primary account, you probably shouldn't use dxlevel 81. it's not a bug, it's intentional behavior. the option is designed to reset your video settings to the defaults for dxlevel 81

Anytime you're not getting drops, it means one of three things:

1) at some point the steam servers or the item servers went down,
2) at some point your client was disconnected from steam or the item servers, or
3) at some point the idle server you were on was disconnected from steam or the item servers (probably not, in your particular case)

Given the the recent item server instability over the past week (not just last night), I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the above.

Firehead

Iadien said:

These might help you. (In the launch options comments.)

Iadien

Idling is working fine, I'm trying to figure out how to get the idler to use less resources now. I'm using the exact setup I was using for 32 bit windows, but it's not working correctly with 64 bit windows.

Iadien

Drkirby said:
How many idilers are you trying to run at once?

just one, until I can figure out the issue. Even yesterday I was able to idle with tf2 using 400mb, today it won't go below 800mb.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode -novid -nosound -noipx -nojoy -nopreload -sw +map "itemtest"

I'm not sure what else to do with the launch commands, I've been using the above to idle for months with less resources used.

Hugbot

Second year in a row I got sick of playing mann manor before I got all the masks - offering 1 scrap each for pyro/sniper/engie, or a key for all 3.

Hugbot

Drkirby said:
A Key? Really? I'll do it for that.
Yessir. Just ready to be done dealing with it and I have a spare from a trade a while back. PM me when you want to trade.

**Edit: Turns out I'm an idiot and had already traded the key away, the offer's still on the table for 1 scrap each though.

Chinner

Banned
i got pyro wings, if anyone wants to trade for demo hair then i'll do it. going to sleep now but pm and we can do it tomorrrow/later otday.

OMG Aero

So I decided to go down the rabbit hole and crafted some metal together to see if I could get a new hat and I ended up with a Texas Ten Gallon. Problem is I bought the exact same hat during the last sale.
Anyone want to trade another hat for it?
It's an old hat so I don't imagine getting anything good for it, but I like to play as Soldier, Pyro, Demo, Engineer and Medic (particularly Pyro) so if anyone has a hat for one of them and wants a Ten Gallon for it let me know.

Deadbeat

Banned
It seems the market is still in stupid mode. The Merc's Pride Scarf is going for over a buds (or thats what people are asking for it). I guess I will come back in two weeks and pick it up at a hilariously reduced price (much like the Deus Specs).

mojiimbo

I dunno, the Maul and Tropico Hat are still worth a lot aren't they? I imagine Deus Ex sold orders of magnitude more than FM2012.

OMG Aero said:
So I decided to go down the rabbit hole and crafted some metal together to see if I could get a new hat and I ended up with a Texas Ten Gallon. Problem is I bought the exact same hat during the last sale.
Anyone want to trade another hat for it?
It's an old hat so I don't imagine getting anything good for it, but I like to play as Soldier, Pyro, Demo, Engineer and Medic (particularly Pyro) so if anyone has a hat for one of them and wants a Ten Gallon for it let me know.
Would you accept a Dr Dapper Topper for soldier for it?

mojiimbo said:
I dunno, the Maul and Tropico Hat are still worth a lot aren't they? I imagine Deus Ex sold orders of magnitude more than FM2012.
FM2012 is one of the most played Steam games, so I doubt Deus Ex sold a lot more than FM2012.

I have some stuff burning holes in my backpack:
Genuine Pilotka
Genuine Stahlhelm
Hat With No Name
Villain's Veil

Mostly looking for metal. Or a Noh Mercy.

Top Bottom