• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Zomba13

Have:

xms_santa_hat_demo_large.e7284b79e5d53890417e3d75668f233fc795e8c5.png

Want: Offers! Mostly in the form of games, but I wouldn't be averse to higher value TF2 items.

I need that hat for my Soldier Claus. What game/s do you want?

adg1034

Greetings, TF2-GAF! It's been a long time.

Have:
400x400

400x400

Want: (Non-TF2 item) offers or Paypal. Honestly, I'm more interested in money at this point, since I already have pretty much everything I'm interested in, Steam-wise, but surprise me!

Hey TF2 trading folks.

Can you help out a trading / items noob with a quick question. I just got back into playing a bit of TF2 recently with the holiday achievement (Why did I ever stop? Such a fun game.) and I noticed something funny in my inventory that I wanted to ask about.

At PAX two years ago I was one of the on stage Portal 2 demo guinea pigs, and as a reward for that Valve sent me some mini weighted companion cubes (currently on my desk) and some special, non-tradeable TF2 companion cube pin. This was before all this economy / items stuff, so I really didn't know what to do with it and I wasn't playing TF2 at the time so it just sat there.

With all the holiday stuff I played a bit and logged on to look at my inventory and instead of how the old item used to look I now have both a genuine and a vintage companion cube pin in my inventory. Exactly how does the whole genuine / vintage distinction work? From the wiki page it looks like the Portal 2 preorder pins are all with the genuine tag. Does this mean that my old pin from demoing Portal 2 is now the vintage pin? And from the wiki it sounds like the vintage pin is not common, I didn't see it listed on the initial spreadsheet in this thread for instance. Is this something rare?

Hey TF2 trading folks.

Can you help out a trading / items noob with a quick question. I just got back into playing a bit of TF2 recently with the holiday achievement (Why did I ever stop? Such a fun game.) and I noticed something funny in my inventory that I wanted to ask about.

At PAX two years ago I was one of the on stage Portal 2 demo guinea pigs, and as a reward for that Valve sent me some mini weighted companion cubes (currently on my desk) and some special, non-tradeable TF2 companion cube pin. This was before all this economy / items stuff, so I really didn't know what to do with it and I wasn't playing TF2 at the time so it just sat there.

With all the holiday stuff I played a bit and logged on to look at my inventory and instead of how the old item used to look I now have both a genuine and a vintage companion cube pin in my inventory. Exactly how does the whole genuine / vintage distinction work? From the wiki page it looks like the Portal 2 preorder pins are all with the genuine tag. Does this mean that my old pin from demoing Portal 2 is now the vintage pin? And from the wiki it sounds like the vintage pin is not common, I didn't see it listed on the initial spreadsheet in this thread for instance. Is this something rare?

Yeah dude. YOu have an extremely rare item right there.

Yeah dude. YOu have an extremely rare item right there.

Well crap. I better actually read up on this OP and figure out more about this trading. I'm not much of a collector so I'd rather sell off the thing to someone who can appreciate it. The thing is, I'm not sure who would want to do business with someone with zero rep in the trading community for a rare item. I guess I'll have to look into getting a middleman with a solid rep from the sourceOP community. Has anyone here used a middleman that they would recommend?

Hey TF2 trading folks.

The Genuine Pin is pretty common, but that vintage one seems like it's one in only a couple in existence. Seems like you've got quite the catch there.

Alienups

Hey TF2 trading folks.

Sent you a pm

You got gold there man

Zomba13

Hey TF2 trading folks.

Wow. Like others have said, you've got a really rare thing there. Be very careful if you plan on selling it.

vehn

Well crap. I better actually read up on this OP and figure out more about this trading. I'm not much of a collector so I'd rather sell off the thing to someone who can appreciate it. The thing is, I'm not sure who would want to do business with someone with zero rep in the trading community for a rare item. I guess I'll have to look into getting a middleman with a solid rep from the sourceOP community. Has anyone here used a middleman that they would recommend?

Prolly around $300-400 +

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/comments/nheay/pc_vintage_companion_cube_pin/

And post here if you find a buyer from somewhere so people can check him out. If you post on another forum about it, 99% of the people who contact you WILL be scammers

Alienups

Yup

I already sent a pm to warn him since i was talking to my friend and she said it's worth anywhere from around 150$ to 600$

Lots of folks wouldn't blink at scamming it from him.

And linked him to a good middleman

Yeah, thanks much again for the info from this thread and from Alienups. I'm currently contacting a couple of the middlemen listed from this thread on SourceOP as well as the one that Alienups recommended. I figure that would be the only way to pull this off as no one in their right mind would send off that type of cash to someone with no trade rep. This whole process seems like quite the procedure, but hey worth it I guess if this is really worth some cash and I don't get scammed.

I'll ping back here if there are some questions with the procedures. Y'all have been really helpful as well as the OP having some really good starter info.

Angry Fork

So I just came back to TF2 after a couple months, love all the new stuff.

Opened the festive crate and got a festive minigun, I don't play heavy much though. Does anyone have a festive medigun they're willing to trade for it? Or maybe a festive medi gun for something else? Thanks

edit - the deal is done, don't know who it was here who asked me though =P

JoseJX

Hello friendly murder-themed hat simulator loving folks!

I've gotten a B.M.O.C. and this seems like a better place to try trading it rather than in the Steam Gifts trading thread. I'd really like something from my wishlist, but I'd take other offers into consideration. PM me if you're interested!

Thanks for looking and good luck with your hat wearing in the new year!

desh

I've got the following up for trade:

11 nice winter crates
5 naughty winter crates
Game: Sol Survivor
Game: Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012
Game: RoboBlitz
Coupon: -50% Wroms Ultimate Mayhem
Coupon: -50% Steelstorm: Burning Retribution
Coupon: -50% 1,2,3 Kickit
Coupon: -50% BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Coupon: -50% AirlineTycoon 2
Coupon: -66% Singularity

Currently offering: http://steamcommunity.com/id/chriswok/inventory/

Games

Dropblitz

TF2 Items

Crates

Crate #26
Crate #27
Crate #28 x3
Crate #29
Crate #32
Crate #36 (Nice Winter Crate)

Demo
The Chargin' Targe x2
The Eyelander
The Persian Persuader x
The Scottish Resistance x3

Engineer
Frontier Justice x2
The Gunslinger

Heavy
The Buffalo Steak Sandvich
The Eviction Notice x2
The Sandvich x2

Medic
The Amputator
The Blutsauger
The Overdose x2
The Vita-Saw

Pyro
The Backburner
Flaregun

Scout
The Atomizer x2
The Boston Basher
The Candy Cane
The Force-a-Nature

Sniper
Jarate

Soldier
The Buff Banner x2
The Concheror
The Direct Hit x3

Spy
The Cloak & Dagger x4
The Conniver's Kuni
The Dead Ringer

I also still need to give out my Secret Saxton Gift!

Vouchers

-25% THQ
-33% Valve

-25% Serious Sam 3

-50% Alien Breed 2: Assault
-50% Arcania: Gothic 4
-50% Costume Quest
-50% Darwinia
-50% Hacker Evolution
-50% Hacker Evolution: Untold
-50% Multiwinia
-50% Shattered Horizon
-50% Universe Sandbox
-50% Worms Ultimate Mayhem
-50% Zeno Clash

-75% Risen (Better discount than daily deal!)

Would like

TF2 Items

PM interest :)

Angry Fork

I just got a Steam gift for Sega Genesis Classics Collection, anyone want to trade something for it? Also have 50% off coupon for Hydrophobia I'll trade for a TF2 item or something.

vocab

Trading 5 keys plus two ellis caps for Bioshock 2 and cargo quest for gravity.

I just got a Steam gift for Sega Genesis Classics Collection, anyone want to trade something for it? Also have 50% off coupon for Hydrophobia I'll trade for a TF2 item or something.

Depends what you want. I might be interested.

cargo quest for gravity.

one of the most bizarre, fun-deprived games I've ever had the misfortune of buying. ho-le-shit.

that and CrimeCraft Gang Wars. Just HORRIBLE games. I don't know why anyone would spend more than an hour with either of them for any reason other than achievements.

Ugh yes. I will never get those 30 minutes back. And I got a damn coupon for my troubles. Just awful.

I'm still bitter I paid money for them. Why would Valve put clearly BAD games in the Holiday achievement pool at all? All the other games I picked up have been enjoyable. Some have been mediocre (like Xealot or whatever its called), but none were really bad until I played those 2 games. Sweet Jesus those games are bad.

the numbers you see are prices based on refined metal.

1 = 1 refined metal
.33 = 1 reclaimed metal.

also,

15-18 refined metal = 1 Bills (varies based on...whatever)
22-30 refined metal = 1 Big Kill (varies based on...whatever)
2-3 Bills = 1 Buds (varies based on...whatever)

Example: an Ornament Armament is worth around 3-4 refined metal. Give or take. Holiday Punch is worth 2 rec (.66 ref), but would probably have to be sold for less now.

Can someone help me understand the TF2 hat pricing guide?

Second, might as well see if I can sell some of this stuff.
Gen Brain Bucket
Gen Dead Cone
Vintage Foster F arcade and Stockbroker's Scraf
Vintage Heavy Duty Rage, Scotman's Stove Pipe, Engineer Cap, Procedures mask
Ghastly Gibus
Ellis Cap

Added it up to around 12 refined metal

No clue what the price of refined metal now days. I assume it is around 70-80 cent but selling refined for cash isn't exactly the easier thing to do. I'm sure someone can help with that.

I have three Festive Sniper Rifles (I got trolled by Valve and opened them in three crates in a row), and would prefer to trade them for other Festive weapons. I'm looking for the following: Festive Knife, Festive Bat, Festive Medigun, Festive Rocket Launcher, or Festive Flamethrower.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Have:
B.M.O.C hat

Want:
Games (either offer something you currently have or we can figure out a game in the 10/15/20 range)

PM me if interested. I'll be heading off for the night in a little bit, but I'll be back on tomorrow.

I have three Festive Sniper Rifles (I got trolled by Valve and opened them in three crates in a row), and would prefer to trade them for other Festive weapons. I'm looking for the following: Festive Knife, Festive Bat, Festive Medigun, Festive Rocket Launcher, or Festive Flamethrower.

Trade you a fesitve minigun for one of the sniper rifles.

Just FYI the Festive Bat is unbelievably rare. Talking unusual hat rare. So thats probably something you aint gonna get.

Also I will swap you a festive flamethrower

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995245837

yeoz

Just FYI the Festive Bat is unbelievably rare. Talking unusual hat rare. So thats probably something you aint gonna get.
This is one of those situations where strange festive bats are far more common than non-strange 'unique' festive bats (which are for all intents and purposes non-existent), so just get the strange festive version. I paid 14 refined for my strange festive bat a while ago, and I have no idea what you should pay for one now. There are a bunch over on tf2outpost if you want terribly to overpay for one.

SmokinDan

Also got a Festive Sniper and willing to trade for another Festive Weapon.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Also I will swap you a festive flamethrower

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995245837

Unusual hat rare? I traded 2 strange festive ones not too long ago o_O

anyways, if anyone wants any of the holiday things that i have a bunch of, let me know.. i'll give you one. (wrap assassin, holiday punch, spycicle, non strange festive weapons)

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197960431445

if you want a strange festive or another rare festive item, i'm only taking keys for those.

Top Bottom