• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Offering: http://steamcommunity.com/id/adg1034/inventory/

Max's Severed Head (Level 65)
The Big Kill
Vintage Lugermorph
Bill's Hat
Ebenezer

Would greatly appreciate:
Paypal. I'm even willing to do all the Sam & Max promo items as a set, if there's interest.

I was going to see if you were interested in the Valve Complete pack for something, but then I checked you game inventory. Holy shit dude, you've got a lot of games.

I just learned about the warehouse a couple of days ago and tried selling one weapon to see how it works. And while their automated trading system is pretty neat, I cannot understand why anyone would actually use the service considering the prices are not really any good. Giving them 2 weapons will not give you enough credits to buy a scrap... 3 rec will not buy you a ref... You will have to significantly overpay for Bill's or buds (23 keys for the latter). While it's a reliable way to get some odd weapon you might be looking for, I can't imagine any one actually using the site regularly for trading. Am I missing something here?

adg1034

I was going to see if you were interested in the Valve Complete pack for something, but then I checked you game inventory. Holy shit dude, you've got a lot of games.

I shall pass my Steam account down to my children, and then to my children's children. But yeah. Steam does this to people.

Also, you now see why I'm interested in money. :D

:/

EDIT: For the new page! (If you're still viewing at 50 posts per)

adg1034 said:
Offering: http://steamcommunity.com/id/adg1034/inventory/

Max's Severed Head (Level 65)
The Big Kill
Vintage Lugermorph
Bill's Hat
Ebenezer

Would greatly appreciate:
Paypal. I'm even willing to do all the Sam & Max promo items as a set, if there's interest.

rezuth

I just learned about the warehouse a couple of days ago and tried selling one weapon to see how it works. And while their automated trading system is pretty neat, I cannot understand why anyone would actually use the service considering the prices are not really any good. Giving them 2 weapons will not give you enough credits to buy a scrap... 3 rec will not buy you a ref... You will have to significantly overpay for Bill's or buds (23 keys for the latter). While it's a reliable way to get some odd weapon you might be looking for, I can't imagine any one actually using the site regularly for trading. Am I missing something here?

Many people simply don't wanna deal with assholes :) Its like why I pay for games on steam or the AppStore. Great service, easy and no problems (it seems however that the latter is not always true for this service).

If I trade in a refined metal, they pay me 4400, while they sell refined for 4500. So I lose 100 "credits" on the deal. I have to trade in 5 refined for that to add up to a scrap. The way I see it, I'm paying them a tiny fee to get precisely what I want immediately, without having to deal with TF2TP or TF2Outpost. I can also quickly dump off a hat that I got in a drop without having to scrounge around to find a good deal in a trade server.

It basically has two uses:

Newbies can trade in a few useless drops to get one that they want. They don't have to rely on finding people to help them out. This isn't quite as useful with GAF because usually you can find someone to help you if you're specific on what weapon you want.

High-level traders can also drop in a bunch of refined or high-level items and buy whatever they're looking for. Last week I bought 6 hats and 5 strange weapons I was specifically looking for in the span of an hour. That would have taken days in trade servers or on trade sites, unless I was willing to overpay to get an immediate seller.

Unusual-level traders don't usually mess with the place. You can consign unusuals, but you'll only ever find low-tier versions there. The really good stuff still sells on SourceOP.

Man this hat stuff melts my mind!

I cant link to steam at work but my I.D is Johnlenham so I was wondering if there is anything of worth in my backpack?

I wouldnt mind swapping some stuff for Heavy/Pyro/Medic gear as I only ever seem to get drops for Scout and Demo which I rarely play!

Man this hat stuff melts my mind!

I cant link to steam at work but my I.D is Johnlenham so I was wondering if there is anything of worth in my backpack?

I wouldnt mind swapping some stuff for Heavy/Pyro/Medic gear as I only ever seem to get drops for Scout and Demo which I rarely play!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003996330/inventory/

Those two hats (bombing run, and beanie) could get you a bunch of weapons if you wanted, if you're looking to have new stuff to play around with.

oh look, another #30 crate. I wonder what I can get for it. not really much I want in-game ATM. but if a Machina, Kritz or Gunslinger is inside, I can probably trade it straight up for Dota2!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003996330/inventory/

Those two hats (bombing run, and beanie) could get you a bunch of weapons if you wanted, if you're looking to have new stuff to play around with.

I see! I couldnt get the warehouse website to load from my home laptop yesterday which was rather annoying..
Did get like 6 things last night which is most ive ever got. Shame it was mostly stuff I dont want! Did get some mental looking rocketlauncher that shoot lazers though!

jsrv

Are untradable items that are turned into Carefully Wrapped Gifts that you received tradable or do you have to buy a new gift wrap and re-wrap them to give them to someone else?

ie. Someone gifts an untradable item to you -> Received gifted item. At this point is the 'carefully wrapped gift' tradable or do you have to open it and use a new gift wrap?

Bakphoon

Are untradable items that are turned into Carefully Wrapped Gifts that you received tradable or do you have to buy a new gift wrap and re-wrap them to give them to someone else?

ie. Someone gifts an untradable item to you -> Received gifted item. At this point is the 'carefully wrapped gift' tradable or do you have to open it and use a new gift wrap?

Yes, you have to use a new gift wrap :/

I get one everytime I play it seems, if anyone wants them for something id be more than happy to trade!

Crates are considered mostly worthless. I tend to hoard them until I have about 30-50, and then just give them to whoever wants to give me the most.

Although I recently just deleted about 30 of them because I couldn't be arsed to deal with them anymore.

Crates are considered mostly worthless. I tend to hoard them until I have about 30-50, and then just give them to whoever wants to give me the most.

Although I recently just deleted about 30 of them because I couldn't be arsed to deal with them anymore.

Ah! well thats abit rubbish. I guess because the keys are like £3 a pop? and this whole idling thing, you litrally log into a server made for it an leave the game running for X amount of time? like while you are at work or something?

Grinchy

Banned
So here's a weird one. I idled two accounts last night.

10 items each. No crates. When does that ever happen?

I idled my idle account for 12 hours on Monday. Zero drops. I deleted the clientregistry.blob file and idled again Tuesday. 8 items. Fucking Steam, why do you mess with my brain on these drops?

But yeah I haven't gotten many crates lately either. (aside from the winter ones)

Ah! well thats abit rubbish. I guess because the keys are like £3 a pop? and this whole idling thing, you litrally log into a server made for it an leave the game running for X amount of time? like while you are at work or something?
I typically just hoard my crates until one day when I sell 4 of them for any random weapon. People usually just give me a scrap for every 8. It's not a lot of metal, but it is something and it clears my inventory.

I'll bump this one more time: I've got a copy of Stalker: Call of Pripyat up for trade. I'm looking for just about any fair offer than doesn't include strange weapons (since I have them all at this point). PM me if you're interested.

Looking to sell a Genuine Point and Shoot. Any takers?

TF2WH?

It's slowly becoming my go-to spot to offload stuff I'm tired of trying to sell. The other day I traded in a S. Blackbox, S. Equalizer, Ol' Geezer, a Wrap Assassin and a SafeNSound. All of which had be for sale for like a week. @ TF2WH, I got 4 ref for that stuff in about 3 minutes time...and was mad at the amount of time I had wasted bumping trades.

TF2WH?

It's slowly becoming my go-to spot to offload stuff I'm tired of trying to sell. The other day I traded in a S. Blackbox, S. Equalizer, Ol' Geezer, a Wrap Assassin and a SafeNSound. All of which had be for sale for like a week. @ TF2WH, I got 4 ref for that stuff in about 3 minutes time...and was mad at the amount of time I had wasted bumping trades.

They're at max capacity on 'em :( I check every once in a while to see if their stock has gone down, but until then I figure I can still bump trades the old fashioned way.

Avocado

I got a Strange Festive Rocket Launcher that I am willing to trade for 6 keys or for a Strange Festive Medigun + 1 key.

I am looking for the new weapons, but on the cheap(er) side preferably.
I also have 1 holiday punch and2 wrapped assassin if anyone if interested

TeegsD

So I don't really understand the whole economy yet but I got my second name tag in a drop today and this guy offered me scrap. I still have yet to find a good use for my first name tag so I was willing to trade this one. Is scrap a good trade for a name tag? Well anyways, he then threw in a Cow Mangler which I think was awesome

here is my items page as well. PM me if interesting in anything
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010526350/inventory/

mojiimbo

So I don't really understand the whole economy yet but I got my second name tag in a drop today and this guy offered me scrap. I still have yet to find a good use for my first name tag so I was willing to trade this one. Is scrap a good trade for a name tag? Well anyways, he then threw in a Cow Mangler which I think was awesome

here is my items page as well. PM me if interesting in anything
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010526350/inventory/

You should be able to get about 10 scrap, give or take, for a name tag pretty easily nowadays.

Top Bottom