• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Alienups

Following stuff for trade

3 Baby Face's Blasters
1 Hitman's Heatmaker
2 Beggar's Bazooka
1 Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
1 Strange Rainblower

Roody

Neo Member
Ok, so I'm looking for some of the recent Pyromania items:

WANT:
My current most desired: Demoman Parrot (Bird-Man of Aberdeen) Got it from a friend.
Spy Suit (Business Casual)
Hazmat Headcase (Pyro)
Balloonicorn

HAVE:
Apparatchik's Apparel (Heavy shirt)
Idea Tube (Engie blueprints)
Gentleman's Ushanka (Medic)
Fed-Fightin' Fedora (Scout)
Liquidator's Lid (Sniper)
Helmet Without a Home (Soldier)

I also have a few misc strange weapons, a Hitman's Heatmaker, Strange Lollichop, and a High-Five taunt.

PM me or post or message me on Steam. Thanks!

chixdiggit

What should I be asking for for the Essential Accessories? I keep getting trade offers on it but never know if I am getting ripped off or not.

Edit: so according to the OP 6-7 keys.

vazel

Banned
If anyone is willing to trade their baker boy hat, I have a lollichop I'll trade for it.

Edit: Really nice OP. I just started getting into tf2 trading and it's really helpful.

What should I be asking for for the Essential Accessories? I keep getting trade offers on it but never know if I am getting ripped off or not.

Edit: so according to the OP 6-7 keys.

I hadn't played for a year, up until this week, and I was shocked to see how much the essential accessories are worth. I have them in lime on my scout and love 'em.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Visiting this thread just to ask a question:

How does one start to get involved with Tf2 trading? Currently, the only hats/ misc items I have are ones I want to keep. Weapons however, I have many available for trading.

Do I start by purchasing metal in sourceop with real world cash, or what? It would be cool to eventually have enough metal and keys to trade for items/hats in future updates, but I want to know how I start to get involved.

Visiting this thread just to ask a question:

How does one start to get involved with Tf2 trading? Currently, the only hats/ misc items I have are ones I want to keep. Weapons however, I have many available for trading.

Do I start by purchasing metal in sourceop with real world cash, or what? It would be cool to eventually have enough metal and keys to trade for items/hats in future updates, but I want to know how I start to get involved.

Alt accounts/idling.

You can spend real world money but if you plan on doing it awhile its cheaper to just get a few accounts and idle them and actually trade as opposed to buy.

Def Jukie

I have a scorched crate #46 and a burnt item I will not be using. Send me a PM if you would like them. I also have a strange lollichop and a strange item: soldier kills if anyone wants to trade.

drkOne

Alt accounts/idling.

You can spend real world money but if you plan on doing it awhile its cheaper to just get a few accounts and idle them and actually trade as opposed to buy.

You have to spend real world money to get a bunch of TF2 Premium accounts.
You're welcome to do the math to see if idling is worth it or not, and at how many accounts it finally turns a decent profit for your time invested.
I'll just say that it's cheaper to buy keys from SourceOP and trade them for what you want instead of idling and turning everything to metal. It's also quicker.
Multi-account idling was worth it during this Mysterious items weeks, for sure, but it was all speculation until the update came around.

The TF2 trading community really won't let you get easy profit. Everyone is already undercutting to the point where they'll be happy getting a 1% profit out of a trade.

If you know basic Economics you should be able to get enough metal to cover those hats or weapons you really want without ever investing. It's all based on supply, demand and speculation. Sell your Pyromania weapons and buy them later once their prices drop. It isn't much, but it's already something.

good points

From what I got out of his post he wasnt look to really profit just get into trading and be able to roll when updates hit. I do the trading thing and enjoy it alot (actually enjoyed it moreso then the actual game for awhile) and figured that was what he was looking for.

The "premium" accounts are 5$ a piece, actually any purchase so it could be as low as a quarter, but you need to drop 5$ minimum....with summer sale he could probably get a 25 cent weapon and a giftable game to give his main.

I could've misinterpreted though

vazel

Banned
Damn, I just now realized when I asked Valve to remove the L4D games from my account they took away my Bill's hat in TF2 too. :(

Are Mann Co. Crates pretty much useless? I offered eight crates for one reclaimed metal on tf2outpost and so far no one has bitten.

demolitio

Damn, I just now realized when I asked Valve to remove the L4D games from my account they took away my Bill's hat in TF2 too. :(

Are Mann Co. Crates pretty much useless? I offered eight crates for one reclaimed metal on tf2outpost and so far no one has bitten.

I wonder the same thing too because I have plenty of crates and nothing to do with them since you can't trade them away very easily and no one trades keys unless it's a great deal so they kind of just sit in my inventory for years...lol

I regret trading away most of my premium hats when I thought I was done with TF2 because I'm back and don't have anything to trade. I think those damn kids annoyed me so bad that I finally caved which is a flaw of mine but I can't resist trying to be nice, lol.

LMAO. After reading the OP, I was definitely one that gave away some good stuff simply not realizing how serious trading is for this game.

drkOne

From what I got out of his post he wasnt look to really profit just get into trading and be able to roll when updates hit. I do the trading thing and enjoy it alot (actually enjoyed it moreso then the actual game for awhile) and figured that was what he was looking for.

The "premium" accounts are 5$ a piece, actually any purchase so it could be as low as a quarter, but you need to drop 5$ minimum....with summer sale he could probably get a 25 cent weapon and a giftable game to give his main.

I could've misinterpreted though

You are right. You can even buy 2 keys with the $5 and get some "money" back on those.
Multi-idling also requires Sandboxie, which is yet another investment.
I'm just trying to give advice and cutting some time that would be spent on researching for anyone who is looking into idling as a way of getting into trading.

I have the most respect for idlers and people who idle hundreds of accounts, as they're the ones who keep the non-collector's stuff at such low prices, but "casually idling" with less than 10 accounts isn't going to do much in the long run.

If you want the fairest prices for non-collectors stuff, which is pretty much all the Unique Weapons and Unique Hats, buy 5 keys from SourceOP and you should have enough to get all the weapons available and a couple of Hats/Misc for your most played classes.

I have to say, my interest for TF2 had died since the Mannconomy update, too many weapons, not so many ways of getting them besides drops and you could rarely get a fair trade for a weapon you wanted.
A couple of friends got back into the game recently, I decided to look at the trading scene again, which is much more stable now. I got like 3 keys from the Genuines I had and it was enough to get me all the weapons I wanted and a couple of cool hats.

I have been having a lot of fun with trading. But I'll never get into Genuine/Unusual territory.
I was thinking of getting a Strange Sniper Rifle just so it'd count my Kills or Headshots, but that's about as far as I'll go when it comes to paying an extra for rarity.

The crates usually go for 0.5 scrap each. So 8 for a Reclaimed isn't asking for too much. I have never dealt with crates tho, since there's always people doing a bazillion of crates for a scrap, which makes it impossible to trade them at a fair price.

I wonder the same thing too because I have plenty of crates and nothing to do with them since you can't trade them away very easily and no one trades keys unless it's a great deal so they kind of just sit in my inventory for years...lol

I regret trading away most of my premium hats when I thought I was done with TF2 because I'm back and don't have anything to trade. I think those damn kids annoyed me so bad that I finally caved which is a flaw of mine but I can't resist trying to be nice, lol.

LMAO. After reading the OP, I was definitely one that gave away some good stuff simply not realizing how serious trading is for this game.
Don't regret how much you lost on previous trades. Spreadsheet isn't the definitive place to go for prices.
These digital items have no real value. It's all based on 2 guys agreeing on a trade. If at the time you thought you were getting a good deal, then you were getting a good deal.

You "pay" a price for not doing your research, but that happens everywhere in life, not just Steam trades...

The crates are basically worthless except for a few numbers.
Off the top of my head the valued crates are
#1, summer, festive, #19, #30 salvaged and #40 salvaged. (the salvages go as high as 13-15 keys so you get one dont give it away!!!!

these just off the top of my head that im sure about. You can list what you have and im sure someone will tell you if they worth anything

Does anyone have a name/description tag they'd be willing to trade me? I'm short on metal right now, but I can offer hats and weapons in exchange. I want to rename my Bird-Man of Aberdeen "Jacques."

I do love obscure references.

Does anyone have a name/description tag they'd be willing to trade me? I'm short on metal right now, but I can offer hats and weapons in exchange. I want to rename my Bird-Man of Aberdeen "Jacques."

I do love obscure references.

Sent you a PM, I have some extra.

Good idea, I should rename my Bird-man too!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Message me on Steam if you'd like to trade.

For Trade (spreadsheet price)

Weapons -
The Sticky Jumper (clean)
Festive Sticky Bomb Launcher
Strange Mad Milk
Strange Half-Zatoichi
Strange Fists
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
The Lollichop (x3)

Hats/Misc -
The Waxy Wayfinder

Craft Hats -
Western Wear
The Scrap Pack
The Point and Shoot
The Infernal Impaler

WTB
1 Decal Tool for 2 Rec

Free!
Scorched Crates - I have 31 27 of these and no intention of opening them... They're on my alt, so shoot me a PM if you want any.

Sponge

Banned
I don't know if this is exactly the best place for this, but I got a 20 dollar PSN card and there is really nothing in the store I'd like to buy.

I'm willing to trade the code for some items in TF2, perhaps seven keys? Feel free to message me on steam about it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take that.

EDIT: For some reason, I can't search up people on steam :(
EDIT2: Nvm, it's working. Added.

My Steam link will always be on my GAF profile page. Thanks for the trade, btw.

I got a Fancy Dress Uniform as a drop a while ago. I'm looking to trade it for a Engineer/Pyro misc item.

Preferably Teddy/Eyes.

Edit: That blog thing says 2/3 keys for an Outback Intellectual. Are those really rare or something? I got a friend that has it, and wants to trade some items for games.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Been wondering,

what is the best course of action for me if I have a lot of weapons/items I never use?

My ideal backpack would be organized in two halves:

Items/weapons I directly use,

and currency (metal/keys).

This is my backpack.

drkOne

Been wondering,

what is the best course of action for me if I have a lot of weapons/items I never use?

My ideal backpack would be organized in two halves:

Items/weapons I directly use,

and currency (metal/keys).

This is my backpack.

Turn weapons into metal. You could try selling them for a scrap each, but that'd take more time. Up to you if it's worth the effort or not.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Turn weapons into metal. You could try selling them for a scrap each, but that'd take more time. Up to you if it's worth the effort or not.

I used to spend hours in trade servers trying to sell individual weapons for scrap. In the end, scrapping most of my weapon drops got me more metal than trading them one by one did, though I save new/special ones for trades.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I used to spend hours in trade servers trying to sell individual weapons for scrap. In the end, scrapping most of my weapon drops got me more metal than trading them one by one did, though I save new/special ones for trades.

Should I bother keeping one of every weapon, even those I don't use that often?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Should I bother keeping one of every weapon, even those I don't use that often?

I'd definitely recommend keeping one of every weapon; that way, should you ever have the desire to play with a specific weapon ("Gosh, I could go for some Loch-n-Loading today!") you'll have it available to you.

Just make sure you have enough backpack space, and you're all set.

Bear in mind, I'm an obsessive completest when it comes to hats, miscs, and weapons, so I might be a little biased here (but you should still take my advice.)

Top Bottom