• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

I'll take a stab at the present in the barn because there was one that stumped me... And ill spoiler this one...

when you first learn to roll, there is a section where you roll to knock the supports out to make ramps to get up to the next area, there are 3 of them ... Knock out the middle one only and then to 2 remaining platforms lead to presents and/or photo ops, the right one you probably have already as you can get to it if the ramp is knocked over still, the left one needs to be untouched...

Hopefully that is the missing one... Otherwise look for holes and attempt to backtrack everywhere

That might be where I'm going wrong - I found the one on the right (I realised last night that even if you do knock out the supports you can still drop down to it from above), but I don't think I checked over to the left of the room to see if there were any presents there. I'll have a look later. Thanks!

Mdk7

Some more pic i took, i'm still playing the game since i want to unlock every trophy... nice excuse for still exploring that dreamy paper dimension.

4704dd0602d9d93bc0ee5a4544820c8516bae568.jpg

3297d4d147cd2305c182952edc8342b7c96f86d7.jpg

08b46ed7a5cbd0b7bac6ea47a64c94d5ca0da76f.jpg

964a47b5346ae8d5a720f95f76366d75e30195ad.jpg

8a75660392dcfbad19653f041c12a770642610c6.jpg

837d21ea92dd9eb1ca022cc7297ba567a5083803.jpg

6ead9723dbe5652469bb68f2876067c9bc3a0f02.jpg

3bf070b69b3125baf347dff139e7cb6270fcbce0.jpg

a73857cb2241550e164385aff317e1b7e5760f96.jpg

b7c27d4d56e332d187078e59b257c0eaa93f7e87.jpg

fc689205fb114fc0533ffb96091b536d345480fd.jpg

74160e4c20d32a37022dbf16c56479f4392ddc67.jpg

79c49d42b1bb32983cc888fec71947c3a64e98ce.jpg

7d21905f0ec6a16d935528c1d709160a27cb6c5d.jpg

I wrapped this up last night and though I really liked it, I'm struggling to understand the strong emotional connection that so many people have had with this game. The only part that gave me any "feels" was the section with a dog, but as a dog owner, that's almost unfair because I love EVERY video game dog.

Aside from the incredibly charming art and world, what was it about Tearaway that really did it for everyone? I feel like I'm missing out on something :/

I was having so much fun...but I think I just experienced a game breaking glitch. :(

Last level spoilers:
At the beginning, when you need to use the microphone to yell, I had disabled my microphone from the OS settings. I go to enable it, and then yell out when I hold triangle, but no matter how many times I tried, it always went back to saying "Hold triangle" again. :(

Then I completely exited out and back into the game, and when I'm falling I kept dying for no reason. I then choose to replay The Tear and try again. I made it to the microphone part, but it still won't let me pass, everytime I hold triangle it says recording for a few seconds then says press triangle again.

Anyone know what I can do? Is this a known glitch? I was having so much fun and was ready to see through the last level when this happens. My mood has soured now and I don't know what to do. :(

Edit: OMG! Got it by completely restarting the system. I'm so happy! T_T

I had to restart the game once when it wouldn't transition back to me after a cutscenes towards the end where you have to move a platform and some guys hop off. It just hung and I couldn't find a "restart checkpoint" option...

And sorry about any confusion. I knew it's not really a dog but it's a dog to me :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just played the first hour. I'm floored at how unique and charming this game is. You can immediately tell it's going to be something special.

soultron

Banned
Lent this to a buddy at work who was on the fence. He played 10 minutes and then told me he immediately bought it online.

Sale +1

Just got a Vita a couple days ago and this is one of the first games I've been playing through, love it so far. The music especially is great.

Only issue is something that might just be a problem with the Vita in general. Is the back touchpad really unresponsive?

Chorazin

Just got a Vita a couple days ago and this is one of the first games I've been playing through, love it so far. The music especially is great.

Only issue is something that might just be a problem with the Vita in general. Is the back touchpad really unresponsive?

Nope, it works fine as long as you keep the rest of your fingers from touching it. For games that use the back touch make sure your other fingers are in the grooves on the sides. :)

QaaQer

Just finished it, and I'm so glad it lived up to the hype. This is the kind of game that should have been included with every Vita from day 1.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Playing this now and I'm LOVING it, and the music is so SO good, when this played coupled with the visuals I felt all kinds of nostalgias. It reminds me a lot of Banjo Kazooie and PS1 era platformers.

I went out to pick up this game yesterday at my local GS and... i was told they had no copies left, so i went to another one and they sold me the last one they had, that makes me glad, i hope it gets a nice little sales bump... maybe enough to warrant a sequel.

This game is pretty good. Blows my mind that it sold so poorly
or maybe not with how obsessed over Persona the whole Vita userbase is

olimpia84

Started this last night finally. I've only played for about 30 minutes but I'm already liking the way the game looks and how it controls :D

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I love reading this thread and am astonished at the quality of these photos!

I've been playing games for over 20 years and nothing has come close to the ending to this game. I said in the GOTY thread that it reminds me of Pixar at their best - it taps into really fundamental emotions and memories. What a game!!

Blinck

Ok just finished this!

Honestly, I thought the ending was underwhelming, possibly because I had such high expectations for it after reading many praising comments. I just thought it was a bit predictable and cheesy. I also thought the last stage was the only part of the game that felt gimmicky with all the tilting, but that might just be me because I hate gyroscope mechanics in any game.

Still, I absolutely loved the game. Definitely one of my favorites this year, and I will probably 100% it eventually.

Huge props to Media Molecule. You can really see that a lot of effort went into this game and I think that it absolutely payed off !

I wrapped this up last night and though I really liked it, I'm struggling to understand the strong emotional connection that so many people have had with this game. The only part that gave me any "feels" was the section with a dog, but as a dog owner, that's almost unfair because I love EVERY video game dog.

Aside from the incredibly charming art and world, what was it about Tearaway that really did it for everyone? I feel like I'm missing out on something :/

don't worry. i finished it and i felt the same.. i never got this super emotional feeling that everyone else is getting from the ending..

same. don't know if it was my instant dislike of the 2 'narrators' (would've far preferred no voice work - it felt really out of place to me), but the whole meta-story aspect of tearaway didn't work for me at all. reminded me of the lbp2 story line (as in, trying a little too hard)...

media molecule's at its best when it just lets the game play & level design do the talking :) ...

Just finished, that ending was fantastic.

Right up there as one of my favorite games of the year. It's crazy how creative pretty much everything about this was.

Ok just finished this!

Honestly, I thought the ending was underwhelming, possibly because I had such high expectations for it after reading many praising comments. I just thought it was a bit predictable and cheesy. I also thought the last stage was the only part of the game that felt gimmicky with all the tilting, but that might just be me because I hate gyroscope mechanics in any game.

Still, I absolutely loved the game. Definitely one of my favorites this year, and I will probably 100% it eventually.

Huge props to Media Molecule. You can really see that a lot of effort went into this game and I think that it absolutely payed off !

Nothing about the game was emotional for me, but the ending felt perfect and unpretentious to me. It was a clever culmination of the game's themes.

I agree it seems oversold in here, it shouldn't be something you go into with expectations. Agree with your other thoughts.

Mattiator

I started playing tonight after work and played through the first two levels. This game is just so amazing, I always have a smile on my face. The music is just beautiful. I'm glad I decided to grab this one.

Thoraxes

Just beat the game, and man was that so good.

Got the feels and everything, and just an all-around awesome game. Definitely one of 2013's most outstanding titles.

Also

bcdp9a5ceaaw0msbfrew.jpg

Teddified

Started it a few days ago, just finished the barn. It's definitely growing on me.

I'm no good at drawing or being creative though, so I usually end up doing the simple things.

Apdiddy

I love this game completely, but whoever
designed the split ramps in "The Tear" really shouldn't have done that. That friggin' ramp is between me and a Platinum.

Just got my platinum tonight. And while checking my profile, I realized that all of my platinums are for Sony first party platformers.

More, please!

kooplar

I was on the fence about buying this (not because i didnt like the demo, i just have too much to play already), but after letting my little sister play it and seeing her reaction, i knew i had to buy this just for her ( ok ok, i wanted it also).Also, only $18!!

Wow, that probably warrants a new thread. There was a thread for the $20 deal at Gamestop last weekend.

Well, the game was only £20 on PSN when it launched, so I'm not sure that really warrants a new thread.

I love this game completely, but whoever
designed the split ramps in "The Tear" really shouldn't have done that. That friggin' ramp is between me and a Platinum.

Yeah, that bit fucked me off so damn much. I literally died there about 40 times. The way I eventually got the confetti down the thin path was by going to the end of the wider path and bouncing onto the end of the thin path and then rolling back up. Give it a whirl, see if it works for you.

Top Bottom