• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Halp! XSX Expansion card

RPS37

Randomly tonight my Xbox Series X just stopped recognizing my 2TB Seagate Expansion card.
There were so many games downloaded to that thing.

i tried power cycling, resetting my Xbox, no luck.
is there a way to get a replacement for it.

oh god I don’t want to re download all of these games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hopefully you still have it under warranty.

Is there anyone else closeby with an S or X you can take it to and see if it works fine on their system?

King Dazzar

Those cards really have turned out to be a bit of an Achilles heal. At least with normal storage interface options, not only do you have much greater choice, but you can use them on other devices too.

Glad to hear yours is under warranty.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Buy a new one. Put old one in box. Return it say it doesn’t work. Get money back and have a new card.

Problem solved.

Honestly, I see zero problem in doing this.

It's totally reasonable to expect an official memory expansion to last you AT LEAST as long as the console generation. Fuck the 3 year warranty, they ought to come with a 10 year warranty.

DaGwaphics

Randomly tonight my Xbox Series X just stopped recognizing my 2TB Seagate Expansion card.
There were so many games downloaded to that thing.

i tried power cycling, resetting my Xbox, no luck.
is there a way to get a replacement for it.

oh god I don’t want to re download all of these games.

Is it still showing under the storage options (in settings) with a warning about it being too slow? I had that happen once with the 1TB card, cleaning the contacts with a bit of alcohol fixed that issue for me.

RPS37

Update: the replacement ssd card came by ups today and we are back in business.
it says that it is recertified but we chillin. Now I got an extra 1.8TB to work with again.
gotta be a little choosy with what I download next though.

Top Bottom