• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 5 for PS2 / GC / XB announced

neo2046

EDIT: the game is for PS2 only

this week's famitsu

Tekken 5 for PS2
2005 Spring
AC mode
original mode
customize mode

other details also unknown yet

M3wThr33

Banned
Kickass. Hopefully Heihachi is in the PS2 vers.. oh wait.
Seriously, though. I love to see Namco loving the GameCube. Hopefully DTR2 will see the light on the Cube as well.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Kick ass news. Even thought its been said before, neo for Poster of the Year

Now I can justify getting Hori Cube or Xbox arcade stick.

MAZYORA

neo2046 said:
this week's famitsu

Tekken 5 for PS2 / GC / XB
2005 Spring
AC mode
original mode
customize mode

dunno the difference among the 3 versions

Atleast we'll get arcade perfect versions of T5 on GC and Xbox since T5 runs on system 258 which is more powerful than ps2.

radioheadrule83 said:
I'm in for the GC version! Capcom have been awesome to Nintendo fans this generation.

excuse me. Have you missed the capcom/RE hate? :)

NEED SCREENS! I skipped T4 and found TTT to be lack the must play me quality inherent in the earlier Tekkens. Will probably buy it though, Good to skip a couple of games in the same franchise when they're number tumblers like these.

MAZYORA

neo2046 said:
this week's famitsu

Tekken 5 for PS2 / GC / XB
2005 Spring
AC mode
original mode
customize mode

dunno the difference among the 3 versions

PS2:Katamari Damaci
GC:Donkey Kong
Xbox:The lead character from Breakdown

Jonnyram

I don't know why people ever expected it to be PS2 only after the R:RE and SC2 releases. Anyway, it's cool now it's been made public. You have to wonder what they'll do with the character line-up though. It would be cool if they added some of the Ridge girls.

No, for the same reason SC2 didn't.

ourumov

Jonnyram said:
I don't know why people ever expected it to be PS2 only after the R:RE and SC2 releases. Anyway, it's cool now it's been made public. You have to wonder what they'll do with the character line-up though. It would be cool if they added some of the Ridge girls.

No, for the same reason SC2 didn't.
I don't think a fighting ring (nor a mud pool) is the ideal place for Reiko Nagase...

Vargas

I hate Tekken now. I liked it a lot better when only people that owned PS2s could play it. The magic is just not there any more...

interest in tekken 5 yesterday: -100

interest in tekken 5 right now: +10

interest in tekken 5 if XBL play is announced: +100000000

do the right thing namco

FoneBone

deadlifter said:
you sir, are not majoring in marketing i presume.
:lol

In terms of style, DK doesn't fit in at all. And "Katamari Damaci" isn't a character. And the Breakdown suggestion... yeah, that'll sell.

PS 2 : umm.. umm.. It will be Namco owned.. so.. ... TOS character

GC : Not a LOZ character and no SMB. I say Captain Falcon or Samus (without armour) but enough indicator to tell its Samus. two costumes. One without armour, One with.

Xbox : Some Todd McFarlane crap again

ourumov

They could put NES in the GC version...with the baseball stick...
Actually...if they put SHEIK the success is sure.

lexi

Banned
ourumov said:
They could put NES in the GC version...with the baseball stick...
Actually...if they put SHEIK the success is sure.

Sheik would be awesome. A great fit for the series.

ourumov

The point is that you have to destroy Tekken 5 story and people doesn't seem to realize it. Stop naming characters that would fit.

Jonnyram

neptunes said:
You guys think they'll add XBL support?
No.
I wonder how they'll handle the control on the GC though. maybe X,Y,L,R? A and B don't really conjur up ideas of left and right limbs to me.

Top Bottom