• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

shiroryu

Skilletor said:
T6's resolution is such a disappointment, especially when you see how good the IQ in SC4 is.

:(

PC version? :'(

Seriously. There generally isn't as much dynamic activity in SC4's backgrounds as there can be in Tekken's, but still...

_dementia said:
TTTHD won't be upscaled, it'll be 1080p native.

TTT2 on the other hand is a much lower resolution :/

Okay, that's interesting...1080p Jun sounds good. TTT2 I kinda expected to have it lower. Apparently from the tech talk, TTT2 reduces resolutions even further during tag assaults etc. when there are more people on screen.

_dementia said:
This is true. Shame the realtime motion blur is so resource intensive.

While I like the blur, I honestly would be happier if they removed it and waited till next console gen to implement it.

MarkMan said:
SI_TK-tekkenstickbundle.jpg

any differences between this and the TE stick? is it like the old Tekken stick from years ago?

I don't have a good stick yet, and have been waiting, so if all sounds good this may be the stick to break me in... how much is the package going for?

EDIT:

shit... pricey... but I'd expect the build to be fucking good

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...KKEN-Hybrid-Extreme-Edition-PLAYSTATION3.html

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
Oh dear lawday devastation sounds like a lotta fun. Can't wait and fingers crossed :D

Also some goods dropped by Harada and Jamzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhrCc8YFgyo - New Japanese Hybrid trailer (Whats the bit at the end with the hybrid to arcade transition?)

Oh and they mess around with the actual bundle in a live recording here.

http://twitcasting.tv/jamzy/movie/2698857

@ 11 minutes TTT HD
@ 37 minutes TTT2 Prologue

Ugh so good. D:
Thank you for this.

Sayah

I might join Tekken Zaibatsu to find more competition. Same reason I came here, lol. Not a big fan of online forums but I did get tired of playing Tekken with my lonely self. Wished more of my friends were into Tekken.

Uraizen said:
He made a fat joke, or so I was told.
I may be new here but considering the joke was coming from a guy whose posts often consist of ^_^ or :D, I doubt it was anything offensive. Hope there's a way to un-ban.

.... How does he do it? I mean srsly hes broken the game like 10 times by now? Not that I don't want to see it but maybe a change in the whole crotch cam idea. :p

Blah just hire him already Namco.

And all these specific team target combos.... Look convenient...... A little too convenient.

Not sure of the technical barrier but that Nina + Anna combo looks like it did do around 30%~halfish health. I think that Kazuya and Jinpachi and Law + Paul ones did too.

If it has some ridiculously easy input it does look fairly useful I'd say. Its look practical to use If your not aiming for the wall or setting up a following oki game.

AAK

Definitely don't think it's going to be "easy" to do. The Blue sparks are usually associated with Just Frame Sky Rocket, Just Frame Demolition Man, Omen Thunder God Fist, etc. All Just Frame maneuvers.

But still, what makes that scary is that it's a very fast unblockable maneuver with insane damage potential (+ red life). Theatre10 could have even bounded Jack with her new knee-->hammer string if he wanted so that combo can definitely lead to >60% of your health.

EDIT:

TTT2 Soundtrack releases next month in Japan for 2,940 yen ($40)

http://sweeprecord.com/?p=4523

Thanks to noodalls for the update.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Flying Wonkey said:
Not sure of the technical barrier but that Nina + Anna combo looks like it did do around 30%~halfish health. I think that Kazuya and Jinpachi and Law + Paul ones did too.

If it has some ridiculously easy input it does look fairly useful I'd say. Its look practical to use If your not aiming for the wall or setting up a following oki game.

It's a canned move. It starts with the bad breath (not easy to land and has a way small hitbox). I wouldn't be worried about that at all. You should be worried about the wall combos lol.

And I don't think he's broken the game at all. Deep Theater is just doing what he does best. Find some cool shit.

Doomshine

MarkMan said:
And I don't think he's broken the game at all. Deep Theater is just doing what he does best. Find some cool shit.
The stuff he does is usually really hard or impractical to pull of in actual matches too, so I wouldn't be too worried yet.

...also can we start calling him Deep Crotch Theater?

Once in a moment of weakness, a guy I played in the arcade hit me with the bad breath. It was one of those 'oh shit he is actually doing that move nobody really should' zomg panic moments. Strangely enough I get a few successes out of DVJ's b+1+2 myself sometimes.

Oh and I'm just exaggerating the 'broken' bit. I'm just really finding the stuff he has up on his channel really cool is all.

...also can we start calling him Deep Crotch Theater?

Deep Crotch Theater, Enjoy the View. ahahaha

Doomshine

Bad breath does have its uses and you will see it used in tournament matches, but as you say it's usually a "oh shit!" moment when it does hit.

GrayFoxPL

Sayah said:
Hopefully, we get some sort of teaser soon at least.

Major doubt, unless it's like 3 pics of art slideshow. Game is in planning stage. Last time (not long ago) Harada said he didn't decide yet how the gameplay will look and that he'd need a new engine.
From what he wrote on the twitter it seems he's having a hard time to implement SF characters and their mechanic into the game and he was asking Ono for advice quite often.
In comparison development of sfxt goes like a storm but in large part it's thanks to finished and tweaked sf4 engine that's being used.

If Harada could just use T6 engine and just tweak various parameters then all he had left to concentrate was adding sf characters and development would go quick but apparently he can't and must do everything from scratch. I would go the easy way on his place, poor guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the project was canceled somewhere early next year. Harada just seems confused if not mindfucked about the project.

shiroryu

Doomshine said:
Bad breath does have its uses and you will see it used in tournament matches, but as you say it's usually a "oh shit!" moment when it does hit.
How dare you imply that Nina has bad breath, sir. I demand satisfaction! Markman as well.

Sayah

GrayFoxPL said:
Major doubt, unless it's like 3 pics of art slideshow. Game is in planning stage. Last time (not long ago) Harada said he didn't decide yet how the gameplay will look and that he'd need a new engine.
From what he wrote on the twitter it seems he's having a hard time to implement SF characters and their mechanic into the game and he was asking Ono for advice quite often.
In comparison development of sfxt goes like a storm but in large part it's thanks to finished and tweaked sf4 engine that's being used.

If Harada could just use T6 engine and just tweak various parameters then all he had left to concentrate was adding sf characters and development would go quick but apparently he can't and must do everything from scratch. I would go the easy way on his place, poor guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the project was canceled somewhere early next year. Harada just seems confused if not mindfucked about the project.

Cancelled? No way. That can't happen. It would bring shame to the Tekken team if they backed out.

GrayFoxPL said:

SF4 engine? SFxTK is MTFramework, like MvC3 no?

fernoca

Was planning on posting this as a separate thread, but anyway... :p

Sorry if this was posted. Looked around and no mention of it; but in any case...
The October 2011 issue of Nintendo Power, mentioned some details about the upcoming 'Tekken 3D Prime Edition' for the Nintendo 3DS. In general:

• 60 frames per second with and without 3D
  • All 40 characters from Tekken 6 are on it; except for...
  • Heihachi, who was replaced by his "younger version"
  • Modes include:
    • Special Survival: Series of fights, up to 5 different course. You face characters with one non-refilling life bar. Bosses have certain advantages like can only be defeated with juggles, always in rage, etc.
    • Battle
    • Practice
    • Tekken Cards: You collect this by playing the game. Similar to the figurines in 'Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition; you can trade them with others or use them to battle through StreetPass function of the 3DS.
    • Local Fights
    • Online/Wi-Fi Fights
  • And known already, the CG movie 'Tekken: Blood Vengeance' is included in 3D.

Looks great so far. As mentioned in another interview; the games not been developed by Namco per se but by an outside team.

Sayah

fernoca said:
Was planning on posting this as a separate thread, but anyway... :p

Sorry if this was posted. Looked around and no mention of it; but in any case...
The October 2011 issue of Nintendo Power, mentioned some details about the upcoming 'Tekken 3D Prime Edition' for the Nintendo 3DS. In general:

• 60 frames per second with and without 3D
  • All 40 characters from Tekken 6 are on it; except for...
  • Heihachi, who was replaced by his "younger version"
  • Modes include:
    • Special Survival: Series of fights, up to 5 different course. You face characters with one non-refilling life bar. Bosses have certain advantages like can only be defeated with juggles, always in rage, etc.
    • Battle
    • Practice
    • Tekken Cards: You collect this by playing the game. Similar to the figurines in 'Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition; you can trade them with others or use them to battle through StreetPass function of the 3DS.
    • Local Fights
    • Online/Wi-Fi Fights
  • And known already, the CG movie 'Tekken: Blood Vengeance' is included in 3D.

Looks great so far. As mentioned in another interview; the games not been developed by Namco per se but by an outside team.

Developed by outside team? That worries me a little. Still need to buy a 3DS asap for this game.

fernoca

Sayah said:
Developed by outside team? That worries me a little. Still need to buy a 3DS asap for this game.
Yep, well seems so at least:
[There are] seven Tekken Project members on Tekken 3D Prime Edition with an outside company handling the tech
Link

Though no need to be worried, from what I remember the PSP games were also done with "outside help" and those turned out great.

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
Wasn't Tekken 5 DR for PSP outsourced to someone else?
Wikipedia lists the DR's development under 8ing/Raizing for PSP. However, I'm not sure how to consider that since DR was basically T5 with two new characters and some new stages.

weepy

Question: Did the new arcade versions of TTT2 "update" the music? I was watching this battle and noticed that they've change a bit of the music from this. Minute changes I know, but totally unnecessary.

AAK

Yeah, the music did change for a bunch of tracks. Even though it was faint, I could hear a bit of the original schoolyard track during the AOU2011 location test and it sounded way different from the one we have now.

I guess Tohyama wasn't satisfied... or probably they'll use those old tracks for the console release maybe like in T2,T3,TTT?

weepy

AAK said:
Yeah, the music did change for a bunch of tracks. Even though it was faint, I could hear a bit of the original schoolyard track during the AOU2011 location test and it sounded way different from the one we have now.

I guess Tohyama wasn't satisfied... or probably they'll use those old tracks for the console release maybe like in T2,T3,TTT?

Yeah, I've went back and noticed some more changes and I gotta say I'm fairly disappointed. Especially with this track (Old ... New)

Again, unnecessary. I truly hope that they keep the old tracks because they sounded great and were the main reason for me looking into the game.

Sayah

Top Bottom