• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

AAK

RelentlessRolento said:
what's iSW again? I'm so use to just seeing WS for alot of shit... I always thought namco fighters were awesome for using WS since i don't know of other fighters that use that.

iSW = f,f~f+2+4

I think it's so good because it's the optimal Tag Assault ender as seen here:

a5glxl.gif

CcrooK said:
Is there a track list for that soundtrack? I'd expect it not to be a full soundtrack...

No idea, but it's been confirmed to be 2 CD's :)

Ohhhh, for a minute there I thought you guys were talking about 'Instant while standing'. ahahah

Still, never really liked iSW combos. I could never do them consistently. :/

Doomshine

BinChang had some excellent iSW use with Lars (but not in juggles) in the latest season of Tekken Crash, he basically set it up so he interrupted his opponents moves with it, which is pretty much the hardest situation to break throws in.

Kimosabae

Banned
zlatko said:
USD always delivers. Watching as this is my most hyped fighter of 2012 by a long mile.

I'll be repping Steve/Kazuya most likely. ;D

Edit: Over already? :( Best 5 minutes of my life.

We're not getting this in 2012.

AAK

devastatorprime said:
When is Namco gonna release the TTT2 character art? =( I've been dying to get Jun's art since Harada posted that "test "version of it months ago on twitter.

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/2/53392.html
Thats the only art Ive found in decent res but its only of a few characters.

Hmm.. this is from the arcadia magazine, it's distorted and it doesn't have the full body, but it's the highest resolution I could find:

http://i53.tinypic.com/22i5i8.jpg

Kimosabae said:
We're not getting this in 2012.

2 Months Ago someone asked this on Harada's twitter and he said next year. I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

Doomshine said:

AAK said:
Hmm.. this is from the arcadia magazine, it's distorted and it doesn't have the full body, but it's the highest resolution I could find:

http://i53.tinypic.com/22i5i8.jpg
Thanks folks. I'm hoping we get something offical soon. Alot of the new new art looks great, especially Anna and Jay Cee. I mainly want the art to test out a custom fight stick art idea I have in mind

Sayah I agree her design is amazing. I am hoping she will have the option to have her scarf thingy removable. She is one of the few characters who's default outfit I'll keep saved. Thank you namco for 4 customization slots!

Sayah

devastatorprime said:
Thanks folks. I'm hoping we get something offical soon. Alot of the new new art looks great, especially Anna and Jay Cee. I mainly want the art to test out a custom fight stick art idea I have in mind

Sayah I agree her design is amazing. I am hoping she will have the option to have her scarf thingy removable. She is one of the few characters who's default outfit I'll keep saved. Thank you namco for 4 customization slots!

Let's just hope fight money is easier to earn now. :p

Also came across another Tag Assault compilation on Harada's twitter. MORE HYPE

shiroryu

There's a slightly annoying change in the replays - the slo-mo at the winning hit makes the voices slo-mo as well. Unlike T6 on the consoles, where the action becomes slo-mo but the voices remain normal.

Sayah

shiroryu said:
There's a slightly annoying change in the replays - the slo-mo at the winning hit makes the voices slo-mo as well. Unlike T6 on the consoles, where the action becomes slo-mo but the voices remain normal.

That's the one thing that reeeeeeeeally irritates me. Aside from the voices, as soon as the K.O. occurs, you can't do any quick moves. Whereas in Tekken 6, I can squash everyone with the Williams sisters' GLORIOUS heels after the match is over. Hoping they make changes in the console version. Or I guess this can make up for it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This is how it was in TTT1 (not the voices though), but yeah. Get used to the replays where you can't see/review much of what happened nor continue with humiliation.

Kimosabae

Banned
AAK said:
2 Months Ago someone asked this on Harada's twitter and he said next year. I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

I'd be ecstatic, but considering we haven't heard a thing about the console versions yet, I'm skeptical.

Sayah

MarkMan said:
This is how it was in TTT1 (not the voices though), but yeah. Get used to the replays where you can't see/review much of what happened nor continue with humiliation.
:/
I must make a twitter account just to tweet Harada about this. Don't want that in my console version.

Skilletor

Kimosabae said:
I'd be ecstatic, but considering we haven't heard a thing about the console versions yet, I'm skeptical.

A demo coming out soon on ps3 is hearing nothing about the console version?

Sayah

Kimosabae said:

He said that SFXTK and TTT2 were the fighters for 2012. If TTT2 gets delayed into 2013, then I don't even know when we'll see footage of TKXSF.

MarkMan said:

I liked that part of it... helped TTT stand as something unique and separate from the main Tekken series.

shiroryu

Sayah said:
That's the one thing that reeeeeeeeally irritates me. Aside from the voices, as soon as the K.O. occurs, you can't do any quick moves. Whereas in Tekken 6, I can squash everyone with the Williams sisters' GLORIOUS heels after the match is over. Hoping they make changes in the console version. Or I guess this can make up for it.

OMFG the Williams' dual heels is awesome...trying hard not to spoil myself on the tag throws but can't help.

I'd have thought they would do the arm break thingy with both arms, one Williams sister holding each arm, but maybe it'd be too brutal :p

Sayah

MarkMan said:
http://www.1up.com/features/namco-juggles-tekken-projects

^ Nice write up!

---

Japan version of TEKKEN Hybrid... the case looks NEAT <3
Amazing article.

shiroryu said:
OMFG the Williams' dual heels is awesome...trying hard not to spoil myself on the tag throws but can't help.

I'd have thought they would do the arm break thingy with both arms, one Williams sister holding each arm, but maybe it'd be too brutal :p
Both arms followed by dual heels would be awesome. :lol

zlatko said:
Anyone have some links to a top level Steve Fox player? I want to see him in action for TTT2. :)
I think this is from the older build but here you go.

Sayah

More twitter updates.

Harada_TEKKEN Katsuhiro Harada
Considering. I think Western region need console first. RT @LayLowMo&#12288;TKxSF is going to be arcade first too, right?
He is alive on Tekken's story. RT@LarsJunFan Harada-san. Dr.Boskonovitch, is alive? Sorry but I realy confused.

Although she was unpopular, there is a "bring back" request from some people. That's all RT@Zephyrus21 about Kunimitsu.What happened to her?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Guys, Namco Community Manager (@Filthierich) and I (@MarkMan23) will be doing a giveaway during DEVASTATION 2011 this weekend. Make sure you guys tune in/watch the stream for a chance to win some of the 'I <3 TEKKEN' shirts I posted a few pages ago.

The contest will actually be done via twitter, so here is a link and make sure you follow myself/Rich for details:

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkMan23/status/121831011540668416

---

Also, AvoidingThePuddle's Aris and myself will be doing some guest commentary on the live stream of TEKKEN 6 during the DEVASTATION event. Make sure you tune in ;)

AAK

Damn, missed a lot of stuff

Sayah said:
Also came across another Tag Assault compilation on Harada's twitter. MORE HYPE

Dang, very well edited. Awesome find

Flying Wonkey said:
Oh dear lawday devastation sounds like a lotta fun. Can't wait and fingers crossed :D

Also some goods dropped by Harada and Jamzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhrCc8YFgyo - New Japanese Hybrid trailer (Whats the bit at the end with the hybrid to arcade transition?)

Oh and they mess around with the actual bundle in a live recording here.

http://twitcasting.tv/jamzy/movie/2698857

@ 11 minutes TTT HD
@ 37 minutes TTT2 Prologue

Ugh so good. D:

That was beautiful.... BUT I'm NOT liking the placement of the lifebars in Prologue. It's exactly the same change between T6BR and T6 console because of making the game non HD. But alas, with gameplay and presentation this good, I'll make do with whatever we can salvage :(

devastatorprime said:
Just a heads up Kane updated this thread witht the lastest customizations.
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums...hreadid=122013

Big Improvement we're seeing here :)

MarkMan said:
http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/namcous/images/SI_TK-tekkenstickbundle.jpg

I would be all over this... but alas again something US exclusive :(

Also working on some more things to add to the op but Work + Full time school + Life is taking all my time away from me :(

shiroryu

Who'll be getting the Tekken Hybrid package? I already play TTT in "HD" via PCSX2 on the PC, so the upscaled HD version on PS3 doesn't particularly appeal. Anybody saw the premiere for the movie?

AAK

shiroryu said:
Who'll be getting the Tekken Hybrid package? I already play TTT in "HD" via PCSX2 on the PC, so the upscaled HD version on PS3 doesn't particularly appeal. Anybody saw the premiere for the movie?

*raises hand*

There's just too much fun to be had with TTT again :) And bsides....TTT2 Demo!!!!!

shiroryu said:
TTTHD won't be upscaled, it'll be 1080p native.

TTT2 on the other hand is a much lower resolution :/

LowParry

The tweet about the western needing TTT2 on consoles first would be extremely nice. We're not heavy arcade like it is the Asian markets. I just hope that wouldn't turn into a quick crappy port job.

Was hoping we'd get maybe another character or two in Prologue but it will do. D. Jin, Kaz and Ling give me plenty of joy. :D Any word on a track list yet on that 2 disc OST? I would guess one disc is for the movie.

_dementia said:
TTT2 on the other hand is a much lower resolution :/

Hopefully it retains the arcade resolution.

AAK

CcrooK said:
Hopefully it retains the arcade resolution.

After checking out the vids FlyingWonkey posted, the changes to the placement of the HUD definitely imply there are massive changes with the resolution. Especially judging how TTT2 runs on more powerful hardware now, I'm expecting T6 resolution again :(

shiroryu said:
:)

Any ideas on who else is playable besides Alisa/Xiaoyu?

Just Kazuya, Devil Jin, Aisa, and Ling... unless Namco will surprise us in between now and November.

LowParry

AAK said:
After checking out the vids FlyingWonkey posted, the changes to the placement of the HUD definitely imply there are massive changes with the resolution. Especially judging how TTT2 runs on more powerful hardware now, I'm expecting T6 resolution again :(

Oiy. Well, it is a "demo" so maybe by the time the retail release comes, we'll get those proper resolutions.

Top Bottom