• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

DEATH™;41443982 said:
^
^
^
Can we tweet Harada about the WAT edition? or at least sell it to us later on? I need DAT ARTBOOK...

I doubt we'll get it now or later. :/
Only 15 days left before release.

Also, you ATP people need to keep us updated with your links. :p

New combo video - that probably deserves a thread.

FW had already posted this with the Unknown reveal here. But just watched through the whole interview and they talk a bit about World Tekken Federation. It will be a paid service like Call of Duty Premium or whatever and we'll know about pricing soon. AND the guy definitely mentioned that we'll be able to view our match replays online. I was thinking about streaming this game but now I won't go through that hassle and will just post replays.

And now would be a good time to start thinking of a team name if the members here are creating a clan.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I doubt we'll get it now or later. :/
Only 15 days left before release.

Also, you ATP people need to keep us updated with your links. :p

New combo video - that probably deserves a thread.

FW had already posted this with the Unknown reveal here. But just watched through the whole interview and they talk a bit about World Tekken Federation. It will be a paid service like Call of Duty Premium or whatever and we'll know about pricing soon. AND the guy definitely mentioned that we'll be able to view our match replays online. I was thinking about streaming this game but now I won't go through that hassle and will just post replays.

And now would be a good time to start thinking of a team name if the members here are creating a clan.

I'm pretty sure WTF is free. Markman said it was, at least. From the sounds of the interview, they just shouldn't have used the term "premium service".

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/235504835963801600

EDIT: Huh, just got to where they mentioned "pricing". Definitely strange, and I can't really see the service being useful to "casual players" like they say in the Q&A session if it's truly a paid service. My bet's still on it being free, but who knows. I know that, at least for me, it being a paid service would be a bit of a blemish on an otherwise awesome package.

EDIT2: Wait, didn't Harada himself say WTF would be free? Twitter's acting up right now so I can't go back through his tweets to find it, but I'm fairly certain he said it was free.

Sayah

I'm pretty sure WTF is free. Markman said it was, at least. From the sounds of the interview, they just shouldn't have used the term "premium service".

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/235504835963801600

EDIT: Huh, just got to where they mentioned "pricing". Definitely strange, and I can't really see the service being useful to "casual players" like they say in the Q&A session if it's truly a paid service. My bet's still on it being free, but who knows. I know that, at least for me, it being a paid service would be a bit of a blemish on an otherwise awesome package.

EDIT2: Wait, didn't Harada himself say WTF would be free? Twitter's acting up right now so I can't go back through his tweets to find it, but I'm fairly certain he said it was free.

We'll probably get more details from PAX. I hope it's free but that guy was talking about pricing so now I don't know. Either way, I'm going to be using this service if there will be replay uploads to the web.

Whelp, finally got around to pre-ordering the ANZ edition of TTT2. Metal case and all the DLC is too good to pass up! :)

Hahaha that one was Aris actually, can't be hogging all the news ya know. :p

Oh and back to Devil Jin avatar. Gotta say thanks again to AAK for making it.
It also hides secret info/rumors inside it pretty well! ;)

Ultra hard difficulty on everything. lol

So are we getting a special edition or not? Would prefer that to be honest.

USA is probably not. A little too late to be announcing that now. But you never know.

If you have fought one juggling Bryan Fury you've fought them all. I've grown exceedingly good at killing him and all his clones. I miss the old days when people didn't all latch onto the same techniques. It's really rare to see some good Lei online.

Sayah

I miss the old days when people didn't all latch onto the same techniques. It's really rare to see some good Lei online.

no, No, NO. I exceedingly see people online using the same character in their own unique ways. One Lei I face may be completely different from another Lei I face. And a third Lei I face may be completely different from the previous two that I faced. And so on. Unless all you're facing is Kyu's and Dan's, then that's not much to go by.

GrayFoxPL

no, No, NO. I exceedingly see people online using the same character in their own unique ways. One Lei I face may be completely different from another Lei I face. And a third Lei I face may be completely different from the previous two that I faced. And so on. Unless all you're facing is Kyu's and Dan's, then that's not much to go by.

Truth to be told there were more varied Bryans pre T6. Now they are just fishing for df+3, uf+4, f,b+2 or ws+1 then auto combo. Low variety. I remember in T5 people were very eager to land counter hit knees. Now "I don't need knees! uf+4" - yawn.

Yes, Lei is a character that can be played in a diverse fashion, if you can find any online. Almost every Bryan I have faced online is a carbon copy of the last one.

AAK

I blame Tekken 6's horrid netcode. Why shouldn't Bryan players abuse snake edge when online it's probably the best move in the game. Especially followed by b+1.

AAK

^^^
I think it isn't mentioned anywhere because it's taken for granted that it will be there since T6 already had it.

Sayah

Truth to be told there were more varied Bryans pre T6. Now they are just fishing for df+3, uf+4, f,b+2 or ws+1 then auto combo. Low variety. I remember in T5 people were very eager to land counter hit knees. Now "I don't need knees! uf+4" - yawn.

I don't know. I've faced some pretty good Bryan's online in my time playing T6. I think it may have to do with the ranks nowadays. Most of the players online in T6 now are beginners (kyu's, dan's, etc) and a lot of the good players have probably moved on after achieving a certain rank and now are just waiting for TTT2 to arrive before beginning again. And these beginner players mostly rely on like 5 moves to get anything done.

Shout outs to Markman. Played a little Tag 2 at MLG(and made top 8 in MK). Good e-sports weekend.

Somebody tell me about Paul's WS+3,2. And what you're supposed to do after ch b+2 now.

Also if you make Jaycee back to Julia does she get Mad Axes back? Is MA a different command? No MA is outrageous.

AAK

Shout outs to Markman. Played a little Tag 2 at MLG(and made top 8 in MK). Good e-sports weekend.

Somebody tell me about Paul's WS+3,2. And what you're supposed to do after ch b+2 now.

Also if you make Jaycee back to Julia does she get Mad Axes back? Is MA a different command? No MA is outrageous.

Don't play Paul but try to land f+1+2 or qcb+1 after to get a bound then go for just frame demolition man. If not then just go straight to demo man.

Julia's new mad axes do more damage, but she does lose out on the okizeme. There's always Michelle :p

GrayFoxPL

Don't play Paul but try to land f+1+2 or qcb+1 after to get a bound then go for just frame demolition man. If not then just go straight to demo man.

Julia's new mad axes do more damage, but she does lose out on the okizeme. There's always Michelle :p

I think you need to pick em up with db+2 first. Only good use for db+2.

alstein

If you have fought one juggling Bryan Fury you've fought them all. I've grown exceedingly good at killing him and all his clones. I miss the old days when people didn't all latch onto the same techniques. It's really rare to see some good Lei online.

It's a product of the internet giving out info- the optimal stuff gets found out quicker- less time for folks to develop their own unique styles, unless the game really allows for it.

I do think you see more individuality in 3d fighters than 2d.

rvy

Banned
FFS, how do I beat NANCY? I get that I need to side-step, but I can't find anything that I can spam properly. Tried Alisa, Jack and Devil Jin. No luck. Using the 2P controller tactic here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
FFS, how do I beat NANCY? I get that I need to side-step, but AI can't find anything that I can spam properly. Tried Alisa, Jack and Devil Jin. No luck. Using the 2P controller tactic here.

Man, I wish I could help. I have the Platinum trophy in T6, so I've obviously done it, but I'll be damned if I remember how. I do remember it being a total pain in the ass though.

AAK

All I remember is that I used Jack and abused Dark Greeting non stop and sidestepped occasionally. I remember it being incredibly easy.

AAK

Just remember to sidestep when he arches forward and laser beams the ground. The guy in the video got lucky.

Horseress

First, does anyone have good TTT2 wallpapers?

Also, has anyone seen the Madcatz TTT2 tournament that happened yesterday in Europe? Some good stuff there, some known Tekken players and people browsing the menus and stuff.
Here's the archive

GrayFoxPL

What fighting styles would you want in Tekken?

Mine 3:
Escrima - think Bourne

Kickboxing - Bruce was in T2 and Tag but then went full Muay Thai. Bryan was pretty awesome kb but now his style is kinda imaginary. I'd like kickboxer with cheesy flashy style like in 80's and 90's US flicks.

And most important...

Mantis Style - I'd love to see Tekken's answer to VF's Lion. I think it would be amazing, love this style. Hell, even DoA has it.

What fighting styles would you want in Tekken?

Mine 3:
Escrima - think Bourne

Kickboxing - Bruce was in T2 and Tag but then went full Muay Thai. Bryan was pretty awesome kb but now his style is kinda imaginary. I'd like kickboxer with cheesy flashy style like in 80's and 90's US flicks.

And most important...

Mantis Style - I'd love to see Tekken's answer to VF's Lion. I think it would be amazing, love this style. Hell, even DoA has it.
I'd love Escrima, or even better, Silat. Think the Raid: Redemption.

DOA doesn't have a mantis character. You're probably thinking of Christie, who does snake style.

GrayFoxPL

I'd love Escrima, or even better, Silat. Think the Raid: Redemption.

DOA doesn't have a mantis character. You're probably thinking of Christie, who does snake style.

Oh that's snake style? My bad.

Silat is awesome too but it's more awesome with a knife. Guess only Yoshi and Kuni are allowed having weapons.

rvy

Banned
Just 15 more days!

Finally came across a good version of that awesome Takuji Kawano Blood Vengance art.
http://silidiunim.deviantart.com/art/Tekken-Girls-321514073?q= sort:time tekken&qo=612

Boss. Amazing art.

What fighting styles would you want in Tekken?.

Since you're making the distinction between Muay Thai and Kickboxing: Karate with a bunch of different styles, kinda like Jean Kujo. Proper karate, not Mishima. Maybe some Pencat Silat and Wing Chun.

AAK

I kinda always wanted a Taliban fighter in a 1v1 brawler. Not enough bearded men in fighting games. I suppose Krav Maga is also underrepresented.

Silat is a no brainer. I'm surprised they didn't even jump on the opportunity after Merantau.

Unfortunately Harada said he'll never put Wing Chun in Tekken to honor Yip Man's request to never have it associated with the Japanese.

rvy

Banned
Unfortunately Harada said he'll never put Wing Chun in Tekken to honor Yip Man's request to never have it associated with the Japanese.

:(

Kudos to Harada.

Btw, does the bikini stuff come with the WAT version? I want to see some thighs.

GrayFoxPL

Since you're making the distinction between Muay Thai and Kickboxing: Karate with a bunch of different styles, kinda like Jean Kujo. Proper karate, not Mishima. Maybe some Pencat Silat and Wing Chun.

Jin is proper karate, mostly kyokushin with few moves from other karate branches.

I kinda always wanted a Taliban fighter in a 1v1 brawler. Not enough bearded men in fighting games. I suppose Krav Maga is also underrepresented.

Silat is a no brainer. I'm surprised they didn't even jump on the opportunity after Merantau.

Oh Krav Maga fighter would be instantly overpowered. Lol.

Edit:
If he'd make Chinese Wing Chun fighter then he wouldn't be associated with Japanese, right?

Harada gets incredible amount of Silat requests on Twitter. Periodically. Hope he's not pissed off and puts Alisa-2 in spite instead. Enough awful ideas after drinking night, please.

Sayah

Btw, does the bikini stuff come with the WAT version? I want to see some thighs.

Of course, it does. As long as you pre-order, you'll get the swimsuits. Doesn't matter which version. And if you don't pre-order, then you'll get 'em for free some time later.

Just 15 more days!

Finally came across a good version of that awesome Takuji Kawano Blood Vengance art.
http://silidiunim.deviantart.com/art/Tekken-Girls-321514073?q= sort:time tekken&qo=612

Thanks for this dev. My new wallpaper.

First, does anyone have good TTT2 wallpapers?

Also, has anyone seen the Madcatz TTT2 tournament that happened yesterday in Europe? Some good stuff there, some known Tekken players and people browsing the menus and stuff.
Here's the archive

Looking through that right now. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom