• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

rvy

Banned
Welcome to the initial phase of T6. Most people quit at this point. I hope you don't. Keep playing and you'll get better.
Which character are you using?

Lars. It's purely a design choice, I've never had a main in Tekken, even after 15 years of playing the games. Absolutely no idea if it's a good choice or not. His stances seem tricky enough.

This is ridiculous. Am I expected to memorize my character's combos and use them online whenever I get a chance to? Come on man, it's like the 4th guy that's done this to me today. Ugh.
FUCKING STOP JUGGLING ME ALREADY, GOD DAMN IT! Stick your sticks up your bums, I'm using a shitty 360 controller here. No mercy. Not playing this online anymore.

You need that tool in your arsenal. It will help you understand how to defend against it, as well as level the playing field some.

Oh thanks much! You have a very nice minus account! Mine's a mess, messy mess so I kept it private.

You're welcome, man.

And thanks...but, I've only had my minus account since...well, I made that first art post last page. I'm sure it'll be a mess sooner or later! Haha.

Thanks for the art KDash. REALLY awesome art.

You're welcome. Glad you guys liked them.

Oh, I updated my minus page. I tried to keep it as high quality as I could, so there aren't a whole boat load of images. Let me know if I succeeded. Hah.

I might eventually make a new Photobucket or another minus account and just stuff everything I have in my folders in there.

Oh, and GrayFoxPL: There's a few Alisa arts there now. Just thought you should be warned. ;P

This is ridiculous. Am I expected to memorize my character's combos and use them online whenever I get a chance to? Come on man, it's like the 4th guy that's done this to me today. Ugh.
FUCKING STOP JUGGLING ME ALREADY, GOD DAMN IT! Stick your sticks up your bums, I'm using a shitty 360 controller here. No mercy. Not playing this online anymore.

LOL I understand this rage all too well. :)

U gotta figure that everyone you play online has at least one practiced high damage juggle combo, And they can't wait to show it to you. But that's ok cuz you got some, too! That's the name of the game. Find your best, easiest launcher, the best combo to go with it, and share the love.

GrayFoxPL

You're welcome, man.

And thanks...but, I've only had my minus account since...well, I made that first art post last page. I'm sure it'll be a mess sooner or later! Haha.

Oh, I updated my minus page. I tried to keep it as high quality as I could, so there aren't a whole boat load of images. Let me know if I succeeded. Hah.

I might eventually make a new Photobucket or another minus account and just stuff everything I have in my folders in there.

Oh, and GrayFoxPL: There's a few Alisa arts there now. Just thought you should be warned. ;P

Thanks. Right clicked till my hand hurt. Beautiful arts in your minus. Even love the Alisa ones.

rvy

Banned
LOL I understand this rage all too well. :)

U gotta figure that everyone you play online has at least one practiced high damage juggle combo, And they can't wait to show it to you. But that's ok cuz you got some, too! That's the name of the game. Find your best, easiest launcher, the best combo to go with it, and share the love.

But that's not fun. I like fun. I love getting my ass beat by decent players in VF5. I enjoy watching them pick me apart. So far I've found about 2 players in T6 that made me feel like I was clearly inferior, one Asuka and one Kazuya. They had answers for everything I threw at them.
All the other guys just seemed like idiots who spammed the same move over and over and tried their hardest to juggle me without letting me get back up. Yeah, there's skill in that, but I don't enjoy watching it unfold.

GrayFoxPL

Oh, my...maybe I should have linked directly to the Tekken folder, instead. Then you could have just pressed download all on the top. Sorry!

And thanks. Nice to see that you even liked the Alisa ones. I guess I chose wisely! Haha.

I just noticed download all button, I feel like Paul Phoenix once again.

*facepalm

But that's not fun. I like fun. I love getting my ass beat by decent players in VF5. I enjoy watching them pick me apart. So far I've found about 2 players in T6 that made me feel like I was clearly inferior, one Asuka and one Kazuya. They had answers for everything I threw at them.
All the other guys just seemed like idiots who spammed the same move over and over and tried their hardest to juggle me without letting me get back up. Yeah, there's skill in that, but I don't enjoy watching it unfold.

VF has get up free card Tekken doesn't. Don't roll back, use techroll accordingly or us normal roll to the sides, sometimes you need to lie, spring up or use pretty safe DB to get up blocking low. Learn and be smart about it and stop crying.

My approach to Tekken 6 is less concerned about winning or losing, and more about the actual combat. To have some of my combos land, or to block something successfully, punish something successfully. Low rank to me doesn't matter.
See, I like to win. Now if I get beat by a better player, I can accept that. But it drives me nuts when I lose to some one trick pony bullshit. I want to get good enough to rapidly dispatch the easy button spammers and busters.

Winning is fun. Losing to cheap spam is far from fun. Like you, I can tolerate an ass whooping from someone that's just clearly polished. What we want, my friend, is to punish that goofy scrub shif...and you know that's exactly what it is....that leaves you fuming at the end of a match.

Juggling is part of the game. Punishment is part of the game. Inflict suffering on the foolish so that they can learn and improve as well.

rvy

Banned
Winning is fun. Losing to cheap spam is far from fun. Like you, I can tolerate an ass whooping from someone that's just clearly polished. What we want, my friend, is to punish that goofy scrub shif...and you know that's exactly what it is....that leaves you fuming at the end of a match.

Juggling is part of the game. Punishment is part of the game. Inflict suffering on the foolish so that they can learn and improve as well.

I like you.

AAK

People get away with spam in T6's online because of how trash the netcode is. And yes, I agree it's no fun :(

Oh, my...maybe I should have linked directly to the Tekken folder, instead. Then you could have just pressed download all on the top. Sorry!

And thanks. Nice to see that you even liked the Alisa ones. I guess I chose wisely! Haha.

Awesome stuff man, thanks for the upload.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
The one thing that is killing me in Tekken 6 right now is properly getting up off the ground. I've watched Sayah's linked video about the different ways of getting up, I read a beginner FAQ on it, and I usually do the 1 tech-roll version, but it still feels like I'm doing it wrong. I'm playing against Ghosts and they just fucking punish me again and again whenever I try to get up, especially against walls. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

What should I be doing? Or is it just unavoidable damage in certain cases and I just need to learn to accept it?

DEATH™

If you kept falling on the same thing over and over again... there's something wrong... Yeah, learn to get up properly. One mistake and you see yourself floating again... No fun, but part of the game... Even in real life, when you don't know how to get up properly, you'll see yourself getting curbstomped...

AAK

The techrolls are safe. There are just unblockable tech traps regarding them, as seen in the LYUG tutorials. Unfortunately that tutorial IMO is still woefully inadequate to teach the wakeup system in Tekken.

I'm not sure what situation you were put in for your techroll to get punished, but knowing the AI they read your inputs and make a lot of their moves seem inescapable. Give us specific situations and we'll try to help you out.

rvy

Banned
DEATH™;41504529 said:
If you kept falling on the same thing over and over again... there's something wrong... Yeah, learn to get up properly. One mistake and you see yourself floating again... No fun, but part of the game... Even in real life, when you don't know how to get up properly, you'll see yourself getting curbstomped...

Yeah, I suck. That's what's wrong.

Degen

The one thing that is killing me in Tekken 6 right now is properly getting up off the ground. I've watched Sayah's linked video about the different ways of getting up, I read a beginner FAQ on it, and I usually do the 1 tech-roll version, but it still feels like I'm doing it wrong. I'm playing against Ghosts and they just fucking punish me again and again whenever I try to get up, especially against walls. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

What should I be doing? Or is it just unavoidable damage in certain cases and I just need to learn to accept it?
The computer reads button inputs whenever it feels like it, and Ghost data is no exception. The only consistent anti-computer strategy I know is to do the delayed hop-kick (u/f, neutral, 4), continue with a juggle, and repeat once or twice for the KO. It's hard to give much advice on beating the CPU when its difficulty setting is basically measuring how often it decides to take damage

Against players, rolling sideways might dodge a lot of moves, but it's still always a guessing game between you and your opponent. Every wakeup option can be punished by certain well-timed moves, but obviously no move can punish everything.

Part of it is practice. Your average Law player will abuse that leg sweep into flip kick until you block it or better yet, parry and punish. Ditto for King stagger kicks, etc. Problem is that there are so many characters that you will always run into something you never trained for. I got handled by this one Zafina player who wasn't •that• good but I had no experience against her so he did me dirty.

Sayah

As AAK said, depends on which situation you were in. The tech roll is often safe but not always. Just know that you have options other than the tech roll as well. Pressing 3 (X) or 4 (Circle) while on ground may be a better option in other cases.

Lars. It's purely a design choice, I've never had a main in Tekken, even after 15 years of playing the games. Absolutely no idea if it's a good choice or not. His stances seem tricky enough.

I wouldn't recommend Lars as first character. Not at all.
And partly because I don't like him.
Use Lili (only if her playstyle suits your tastes). She's a really easy character to use with really easy juggles. Go through her entire command list and memorize what you think is important. Then try experimenting with juggles. Trust me. You will LOVE this game once you know what you're doing but a lot of people give up on T6 way too fast. Look at me for instance. One day I was a garbage player and now I consider myself at least an average player which is actually pretty good for Tekken imo.

You're welcome, man.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaan. So much awesome art in that minus account.
I love this so much. Namco should make a Zafina costume out of this.
jbjRrQpBfZANi6.jpg

There are definitely people abusing the lag to their advantage in T6 and just spamming the same four moves. Just post here whichever move it is from whichever character and there will surely be a counter-strategy for it.

CSX

love how yall started talking about cheap spamming and online lag right when i discovered Rip's continuing bogus journeys lol.

AAK

Yeah, this was included in the XBXLIVE Marketblace DLC packages. It comes with the Bikini Pack. Think I'm gonna make a thread about the roundup packages for Pre-orering TTT2.

DEATH™

Lili's Fluffy Skirt PV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1MHa0J75Q

This is apparently bundled with the DLC Characters/Snoop Dogg Stage/Bikini content so it's probably another pre-order incentive. Hopefully other characters will get something special too.

Boo! We need equality! Give everyone zero-gravity skirts!!!

Click on this link and tell me my question was not justified. #TEKKEN - https://www.facebook.com/groups/247217625399563/permalink/247576355363690/

Trollololol

Yeah, I suck. That's what's wrong.
No bro...you don't suck. You're just not used to it. Getting up is something that can't be learned by just watching a tutorial. It does take a knowledge of all your options and knowing which is more appropriate to use on which situation. It does take a while to be very good. Even the great players get caught from time to time...

But at the same, if you're falling for the same thing (like you said), you're doing something wrong, like you're being too predictable or you don't know how to deal with the same move. Either way, it's a frustrating yet rewarding process.

AAK

Hey who's doing the OT for TTT2? If you need any help with pics and what not, I can help with what I can. :D

That would be a godsend! I started working on it a little bit but work just started killing me, Around Sept 1st I'll hit you up about some things you can help out with :)

Hahaha Ultimate. Yeah Health bars were reduced from 180 per character to 165, but it's still pretty nice to have for now until more testing from console TTT2 comes out.

AAK

Maybe the % is still the same and change the HP column accordingly? EDIT: oops I didn't even see it's mentioned that it's talking about Prologue.

EDIT:

ik7wL2Pm71YvK.jpg

ibxNirbLsIq76A.jpg

Sayah

Top Bottom