• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

I've been playing Tekken 6 for the last few days, slowly learning how to use Zafina in preperation for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and although I am still definitely learning, I'm wondering how different is she in TTT2 when compared to Tekken 6? Also, I'm still not sure who would be a good partner to pair her with. I've been watching some videos and Lili seems like a pretty good match but I'm hoping somebody who is familiar with the arcade version would be able to advise me better.

Ideally I'd play Zafina with Kunimitsu/Heihachi but I'm not sure that they would be a good combination (and Kunimitsu of course is not in the arcade version which makes it more difficult to advise with regard to her). Likewise, I would be hoping to use any of the following characters: Kunimtsu, Yoshimitsu (but I consider him too difficult to learn for me at the moment anyway), Nina, Zafina, Heihachi/Kazuya/Devil Jin (the only problem is that I find f, d, df, f to be really difficult to do, even with an arcade stick), Dragunov (but he seems quite difficult to learn) and maybe Ogre (put off by the fact that he's a low tier). Can anybody advise characters that would play to each others' strengths from the above, isn't too difficult to learn and ideally would work with Zafina (who I've already learned to some extent)?

DR2K

Banned
So how ideal is it to practice for TTT2 with Tekken 6? It doesn't look like juggles have changed too much outside of tag of course.

Doomshine

So how ideal is it to practice for TTT2 with Tekken 6? It doesn't look like juggles have changed too much outside of tag of course.

Most characters will play roughly the same as their T6 counterparts and the general combat system is also near identical.

So yes, I'd probably practice the characters you are interested in with Tekken 6.

KerryFigs

Neo Member
Hey Tekkenatics!

So I was talking to my community about possibly purchasing a Korean stick in the future. Any of you guys have one or used one in the past? Could you tell me your experiences and the pro and cons?

I trust my guys but I also want to hear it from other people as well.

OH! I was planning to get a JoyTron EXChanger hopefully soon.

joytron-arcade-stick-exchanger-dark-grey-ball-handle-ps3-xbox-360-pc.jpg

AAK

I have no experience playing on a Korean stick. A friend in my city got one from etokki in preparation for Tag2, but I haven't played him in a very long time :(

I never personally fiddled and played around with a Korean stick but I knew a friend that had one. He had a 'Myoungshin Fanta' iirc and mentioned that it helps him to wavedash as Mishimas since the stick tends to have a fair bit of resistance and the rubber that's inside it quickly 'snaps' the stick back into neutral position quite fast making those f,n,d,d/f,f,n inputs more faster. Although when he tried to get back into other 2D games like KOF, BB, GG, 3S and SSF4AE he had a much more harder time with basic fireball motions since the sticks tend to be stiff.

Not something you can get comfortable within the first day, especially after owning something like a TE.

KerryFigs

Neo Member
What kind of parts does a Korean stick have anyway? It looks pretty sweet though I'm pretty content with my TE.

You know.. I'm going to sound silly but I'm not sure myself. Like I've been searching online but I didn't find anything. I think I'll check on SRK and report back.

But I plan to get a Korean stick for Tekken. I'm dropping all my fighters for it.

Sayah

I've been playing Tekken 6 for the last few days, slowly learning how to use Zafina in preperation for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and although I am still definitely learning, I'm wondering how different is she in TTT2 when compared to Tekken 6? Also, I'm still not sure who would be a good partner to pair her with. I've been watching some videos and Lili seems like a pretty good match but I'm hoping somebody who is familiar with the arcade version would be able to advise me better.

Ideally I'd play Zafina with Kunimitsu/Heihachi but I'm not sure that they would be a good combination (and Kunimitsu of course is not in the arcade version which makes it more difficult to advise with regard to her). Likewise, I would be hoping to use any of the following characters: Kunimtsu, Yoshimitsu (but I consider him too difficult to learn for me at the moment anyway), Nina, Zafina, Heihachi/Kazuya/Devil Jin (the only problem is that I find f, d, df, f to be really difficult to do, even with an arcade stick), Dragunov (but he seems quite difficult to learn) and maybe Ogre (put off by the fact that he's a low tier). Can anybody advise characters that would play to each others' strengths from the above, isn't too difficult to learn and ideally would work with Zafina (who I've already learned to some extent)?

Anna and Zafina work well together. Or they seem to at least from the gameplay vids I've been watching.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hey Tekkenatics!

So I was talking to my community about possibly purchasing a Korean stick in the future. Any of you guys have one or used one in the past? Could you tell me your experiences and the pro and cons?

I trust my guys but I also want to hear it from other people as well.

OH! I was planning to get a JoyTron EXChanger hopefully soon.

Don't have experience with a Korean stick unfortunately. Wish I could help.

Hejdlond

When I first started playing on stick I began with a Seimitsu LS-32. After a year or two I got curious about korean sticks and built one. It felt strange having a circular "restrictor" and the initial resistance on the Fantas is quite stiff. The Fanta stick didn't click with me and I moved on to using a Sanwa JLF instead.

A few years passed and somehow I got the idea that I should try a MoyungShin Fanta again. So I built another stick and this time it felt great. Movement felt much more fluid and less clunky/stiff and crouch dashes were much easier.

Pros (IMO):
This might sound a bit fuzzy, but the resistance of the rubber feels more natural and not as mechanical as a joystick using a spring does.
Easier to do crouch dashes.

Cons
Can be a bit harder to hit diagonals before you get the hang if it.
The rubber in the stick (which it uses instead of a spring) can be a bit stiff/hard in the beginning but will loosen up.

I'm not much for Crown buttons, I use Sanwa OBSF-30 instead.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I like this user review:

This is an overrated piece of junk. Despite the gorgeous graphics, the actual fighting is too flat and uninteresting. If you want a real 3D fighting masterpiece for the Dreamcast, go play "Project Justice" - doesn't look this good, but plays far better!

Project Justice was much closer to being a 2D fighter.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All of this free content not only makes Capcom look bad for SFxTK, but Namco themselves for SCV.

GrayFoxPL

Lili's Fluffy Skirt PV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1MHa0J75Q

This is apparently bundled with the DLC Characters/Snoop Dogg Stage/Bikini content so it's probably another pre-order incentive. Hopefully other characters will get something special too.

Wait Lili isn't English? That caught me off guard. How lili players will live without her eng vo? ;)

LOL at those relations. Why the hell Marduk loves King but hates Armor King?!
And how can he hate such a nice kangaroo as Roger Jr.?! =(

King wanted revenge on Marduk that killed A.King, but he didn't finish him off after sending to hospital(T4). So they become friends and wrestling tag team in T5. Another Armor King showed up (T5DR). He seeks revenge on Marduk(who isn't eager to be killed by new A.King) for obvious reasons and considers King betrayer of previous A. King (T6).

Much more interesting is that Jin hates Jun, because she is probably a full on demon/possessed.

Juggling is basically the same up to bound point when second character does something to keep em in the air for solid end finish by first character. There are advanced multi tagging combos and "sandwiches" but that's something everyone(new to Tag2) will have to learn from zero.

All of this free content not only makes Capcom look bad for SFxTK, but Namco themselves for SCV.

SCV was rushed to hell. Dev was basically forced to finish up the game at 50% done so they've focused on balancing the characters they've got.

Horseress

SCV was rushed to hell. Dev was basically forced to finish up the game at 50% done so they've focused on balancing the characters they've got.

This is a problem I don't think TTT2 will have. The game will be out almost a year after the arcade version release, so, supposedly, they had a lot of time to look for problems.

Degen

I will never understand what happened there

SC5 reused a ton of stuff from SC4, and charges for some of it as DLC when it was free before. Certain characters disappeared from SC4 to 5 with no explanation and no replacement. I saw on PSN that they're charging for Talim's SC4 costume. Lol wow. I knew something was up when the game was announced in mid-2011 and the game was set for January 2012

It's hard to believe that this is the same publisher funding TTT2

GrayFoxPL

This is a problem I don't think TTT2 will have. The game will be out almost a year after the arcade version release, so, supposedly, they had a lot of time to look for problems.

The only problem may be with console exclusive chars, but namco tends to make them rather weaker then normal cast as if in fear that someone finds something broken with them. This was the case with T5 Arcade where old school characters were time release and were untested in official arcade beta tests. I think Tekken team hires better testers nowadays but still...

CSX

Dont be afraid with Dragunov. You can play very well with him without knowing the advanced stuff.

Sayah

Forgot it's coming on U. What do you guys think? Will it be the best version technically, the same or worst? Pad issues aside.

Wii U power reports are conflicting, lol.

I will buy a Wii U for this game if the online is better than the current HD twins and if the game can match the arcade version graphically. Otherwise, my Wii U purchase may wait until they announce Zelda and/or Smash Bros. or a really good third party title (Kingdom Hearts 3).

And I'm hoping there won't be pad issues because of this.

DEATH™

I will never understand what happened there

SC5 reused a ton of stuff from SC4, and charges for some of it as DLC when it was free before. Certain characters disappeared from SC4 to 5 with no explanation and no replacement. I saw on PSN that they're charging for Talim's SC4 costume. Lol wow. I knew something was up when the game was announced in mid-2011 and the game was set for January 2012

It's hard to believe that this is the same publisher funding TTT2

The thing is, Namco also charge alot for DLC in their games. It just happens that:

1. Tekken still have a profitable arcade scene, which makes it easier to invest funds to it. Tekken probably has a separate budget for arcade and console, so that helps. SCV doesn't have that priviledge.

2. SCV doesn't have Namco's trust. Which is understandable since how SC4 flopped. Then the developer decides to skip a generation and kill most of the signature chars won't help. Big-ups don't want to invest that big on something "experimental" to begin with. For a company that's also struggling to begin with, they will penny-pinch to everything...

This speaks more positive to how Harada handles the Tekken series pretty well. To swerve your upper ups to invest to your game greatly, to take a stand for free DLC chars and manage to fit the budget, and deliver a great game, shows how gutsy he is...

EDIT I'm disappoint at the DOA vs Tekken thread...

GrayFoxPL

I will buy a Wii U for this game if the online is better than the current HD twins and if the game can match the arcade version graphically. Otherwise, my Wii U purchase may wait until they announce Zelda and/or Smash Bros. or a really good third party title (Kingdom Hearts 3).

And I'm hoping there won't be pad issues because of this.

Wii U version being arcade perfect would be sweet, not sure how well known is U for Tekken team. Technically I mean. I wouldn't expect arcade perfect on their first try, but later who knows?

I agree. That thread was atrocious to read through.

I didn't even open that. I can imagine the clusterfuck well.

AAK

DEATH™;41536385 said:
EDIT I'm disappoint at the DOA vs Tekken thread...

Opinions... just have to deal with them. All these years on forums have pretty much made me accustomed to blind hate games receive.

Wii U Boxart
That yellow is...ugh.

It should actually look more like this:

Anyway, I can see the Wii U version looking slightly better, at least in resolution. The Wii U version of Assassin's Creed III, for instance, supposedly runs at 1080p on the Wii U, versus 720p/sub-HD on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Batman: Arkham City appears to have some nice visual enhancements on the Wii U, as well. But who knows for sure if it'll look better, really...we won't know for sure until the game is out.

There's also those crazy features that were shown off a year ago, back when it was just known as "Tekken Wii U Successor," though I wonder if they're still in. There's also this, from E3 earlier this year:

And here's an extra video with all of the Wii U footage so far.

Even though we're planning to get a Wii U at launch, I'm still getting the PlayStation 3 version on September 11th, because I just can't wait that long. Hah.

Horseress

GrayFoxPL said:
The only problem may be with console exclusive chars, but namco tends to make them rather weaker then normal cast as if in fear that someone finds something broken with them. This was the case with T5 Arcade where old school characters were time release and were untested in official arcade beta tests. I think Tekken team hires better testers nowadays but still...

I hope they had tested damn well those new characters, I'm picking Ancient Ogre day one anyways

Those matches...this game is going to kick some serious ass

I wonder how intricate Tekken Tunes is. How awesome would it be if you can customize the track by stage number in arcade/time attack so you can set quiet interim report just before the bosses? Assuming they still put the characters' subbosses in those slots.

Dont be afraid with Dragunov. You can play very well with him without knowing the advanced stuff.

Hmm. Would he goes well with Zafina in Tag Tournament 2 though? That's the only concern I'd have with regard to using him if the basics with him would be adequate. Likewise, is his Tekken 6 version mostly the same as the Tag 2 version? The only thing I would be concerned about is if they alter the basics while retaining most of the advanced techniques only to what has been learnt in Tekken 6 is gone to waste. If however it's mostly the same, I will give him a shot. Thanks for the help.

Anna and Zafina work well together. Or they seem to at least from the gameplay vids I've been watching.

Anna is actually somebody I overlooked but since she has a similar style to Nina I definitely wouldn't mind playing as her. I'll look further into changes between the Tag 2 version and the Tekken 6 version and I'll give her a try in Tekken 6's online mode.

Thanks to both of you for the help, much appreciated.

EDIT: Wow, that video in post 5687 is amazing. I never would have considered either of the bear characters that strong but the player is absolutely excellent.

Top Bottom