• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

I'm open for some PS3 friend requests if anyone wants to beat down on a scrubby Yoshi player. He's all I'll use so if you're bored fighting one character over and over, I warned you.

Sayah

so since everyone seems to be more familiar with TTT2... what do teams look like now for each of you?

I'm pretty confident now my team is Drag/J-6

Might make an alt team of Ogre/Paul or P Jack/Lars just to get better at them.

I'm sticking with Anna/Nina for Day 1 but will also mixup with Zafina and Lili. Later, I will learn Jun, Ogre, Jinpachi, Angel and Kunimitsu and form teams accordingly.

Yeah, that disappointed me a little bit. she got a couple of King/AK moves and some weird stances but she's still all about the kung-fu otherwise. I would rather see the gimmick on Christie/Eddy than Julia because there'd be a good reason and the style wouldn't contradict itself so much

We'll see how it goes. I like what I see of Jinpachi so far. I don't play Mishimas because they strike me as the Ryu/Ken of Tekken, but Jinpachi seems like what I'm looking for

Get your grubby cougar paws off Jinpachi. That's going to be my character.

CSX

so since everyone seems to be more familiar with TTT2... what do teams look like now for each of you?

I'm pretty confident now my team is Drag/J-6

Might make an alt team of Ogre/Paul or P Jack/Lars just to get better at them.

Ill play the same team that i used during the location testing last year. My Miguel/Heihachi :)

Though im tempted to learn Jun so I can do that mother and son team. If im too lazy to play mishimas, then probably miguel and dragunov..

But everyone here knows theres only one team worth playing...Solo Paul.

Omg was I nervous playing a fellow gaffer. Froze up, dropped combos, forgot combos, wrong moves (that sometimes worked in my favor... shh)... *Sigh

Looking forward to a match night again.

Sayah

I'm not great to begin with because I don't study other characters, but I don't usually play that sloppy haha. I was like "wtf am I doing?"

I used to get nervous like that and drop combos. With time and more play hours, you'll be fine. :)

And your Yoshi is pretty good. Don't worry about that. Also nice to know we have a pretty solid connection.

I used to get nervous like that and drop combos. With time and more play time, you'll be fine. :)

And your Yoshi is pretty fine. Don't worry about that. And nice to know we have a pretty solid connection.
Yes we did. And Thanks. Because of this thread, you guys, I've opened up to taking my sorry ass online more often. Had some great matches tonight which may have boosted my ego too much but you've humbled me, Sayah haha. I'm excited for Tekken again which makes me happy.

Edit: My couple wins felt like you held back a bit. Please don't. You clobbered me though. And how many times did you get me with Xiao's item move?

Horseress

Sadly I don't have T6 to play with you guys =(
But TTT2 is already bought and, after a week of grinding in the training room, I'll play online everyday \o

Sayah

Yes we did. And Thanks. Because of this thread, you guys, I've opened up to taking my sorry ass online more often. Had some great matches tonight which may have boosted my ego too much but you've humbled me, Sayah haha. I'm excited for Tekken again which makes me happy.

Playing online is a good way to get better. Just hoping the netcode in Tag 2 will be really good.

Sayah

Go back to your skank Williams sisters! :p

Uh huh. :)

tekken_tag_2__jun_kazama_concept_art__by_asukaminaj-d4w2eo9.jpg

Those Robert Cram customization videos... that all there is? Everyone shares the same generic Halloween costumes with a couple unique (but equally generic) pieces of their own? Very underwhelming compared to 5 and 6.

Yoshi gets a karate gi, superhero outfit, samurai armor, leather jacket and knight armor? He had to have been unable to show the really unique and detailed stuff, right?

DEATH™

^
^
^
RobertCram's copy is not final build... And even the final build will have constant updates...

I got a feeling TTT2 will copy SCV Cepheus store...

Mileena

Banned

Edit: My couple wins felt like you held back a bit. Please don't. You clobbered me though. And how many times did you get me with Xiao's item move?

Whats your PSN? I'm real shitty but I need some practice before Tag

DEATH™

Man, you guys need to let that DOA vs Tekken thread go. Don't be getting banned when we got 11 days!

Yeah... It's depressing though... I really want to support DOA5... But if it end up outselling TTT2 in the US because of that...

I know I'm overreacting... But it's darn possible... I hate it when the game got bad rep...

LowParry

Eh, I wouldn't be worried at all with sales. TTT2 will have a strong community for a very long time. DOA5 will as well. Can you say this with other 3D fighters? :D

DEATH™

Eh, I wouldn't be worried at all with sales. TTT2 will have a strong community for a very long time. DOA5 will as well. Can you say this with other 3D fighters? :D

SCV lol

But seriously, it's hard to get people to play Tekken with those kinds of threads popping out... As if I need to actually come to their house with TTT2, a beer and a pizza to realize how good this game is...

EDIT: I'm patiently waiting for Dr. B and Miharu lol...

LowParry

Naw I wouldn't worry. Game comes out before DOA5. And I'm assuming the OT will be amazing. Tekken no doubt has the stronger community. DOA5 is still alive. Probably a lot smaller than it used to be but for newcomers, who knows. I played a lot of DOA4 and it is (and as many others have said), your casual fun fighter. We'll see how other communities pick up the games to play and see how long they last.

Sayah

DEATH™;41597010 said:
Yeah... It's depressing though... I really want to support DOA5... But if it end up outselling TTT2 in the US because of that...

I know I'm overreacting... But it's darn possible... I hate it when the game got bad rep...

Tekken has more brand power and a much bigger global appeal.
Currently,

Tekken Tag 2 (PS3):
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #236 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

#9 in Video Games > PlayStation 3 > Games > Action > Fighting

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3):

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #706 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

#21 in Video Games > PlayStation 3 > Games > Action > Fighting

Tekken Tag 2 (Xbox 360)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #468 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

#5 in Video Games > Xbox 360 > Games > Action > Fighting

Dead or Alive 5 (Xbox 360)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #687 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

#12 in Video Games > Xbox 360 > Games > Action > Fighting

I want both games to sell well. DoA5 is looking truly amazing and TTT2 is going to be GOTF. I would support both, but financially, I have other things to worry about so only Tag 2 for me.

DEATH™

^
^
^

But still... I want the U.S. community to grow. Just look at SRK... All the front page news are about DOA and kept ignoring every single Tekken news unless it's linked with Aris (then people in the comments section will talk about the SFXT scandal). Way too good to unhype TTT2...

I know somehow, TTT2 will do well, but all those unwarranted negativity is just...

EDIT: BTW I finished my wiki tutorial about movement... Please come over and proofread it guys! Comments/Suggestions and Recommendations will be appreciated!

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Walking_Crouching_and_Blocking
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Jumps_and_Hops
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Forward_Dash_and_Running
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Sidestepping_and_Sidewalking
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Backdash_Cancelling
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Crouchdashes_and_Sways
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Backflips_and_Wall_jumps
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/The_Idea_of_Spacing

LowParry

Psh, they can have their DOA coverage. We got MarkMan and the newly Mr. Rich himself here on GAF to spread the love. And don't forget about TekkenZaiabatsu. They're an amazing community and have helped me a lot with Tekken.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Follow me on twitter/instagram all weekend. ;)

EDIT: Man, I wish I could make you guys jealous right now. lol.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm having a good PAX so far. It hasn't even started yet. Set up the TTT2 station at our booth, complete with final version of the game. So excited to talk to people throughout the weekend about it.

Went to dinner with my fave TEKKEN girl and then enjoyed the night chatting it up with local gamers here.

This is going to be an amazing weekend. Don't forget about this guys!

http://www.levelup-series.com/level-up-series-at-pax-prime-tekken-tag-tournament-2-showcase/

Horseress

I'm having a good PAX so far. It hasn't even started yet. Set up the TTT2 station at our booth, complete with final version of the game. So excited to talk to people throughout the weekend about it.

Went to dinner with my fave TEKKEN girl and then enjoyed the night chatting it up with local gamers here.

This is going to be an amazing weekend. Don't forget about this guys!

http://www.levelup-series.com/level-up-series-at-pax-prime-tekken-tag-tournament-2-showcase/

Final version = version with all characters!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!

Top Bottom