• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

DR2K

Banned
Opinions... just have to deal with them. All these years on forums have pretty much made me accustomed to blind hate games receive.

That's what happens in VS threads, people just troll the shit out of each others games. I'm not sure why some of people are acting like Tekken was this one big victim, that's something DOA has been on the end of for nearly 15 years.

I don't see any reason why we can't respect our character's costumes. I'm glad we still have default costumes in Time Attack. lol

There are important visual cues that come from hair style and wardrobe that help new fans identify with and relate to a character. If you go in and change all those assets to me on some level you have defiled the character. Especially if it is in an attempt to troll expectations. Tekken will become a parody.

This is kinda dry but please watch. A short video on iconography. We must go deeper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbRmhubGrZM

Something less dry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgb2K6W7_O4&feature=related

Please help keep the default costumes relevant.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but Robert Cram has been continuing his videos on Tekken Tag Tournament 2's home version, and now has tons of customization videos for most of the cast, and also has a video showing that Time Attack and Team Battle modes do indeed stick to default costumes only, which I know was a concern before. Hopefully everyone should be happy now. Hah.
Nice but I'm the opposite of Cram. Since I'm going to be spending the majority of my time against AI unlocking movies in that old school Tekken feel, I want default opponents. I'm happy and excited anyway.

DEATH™

That's what happens in VS threads, people just troll the shit out of each others games. I'm not sure why some of people are acting like Tekken was this one big victim, that's something DOA has been on the end of for nearly 15 years.

Umm... By the looks of that thread, Tekken being the victim is completely warranted. Those people who "supports" DOA5 and utterly hates Tekken ain't completely rational either. Tekken being a unbalanced arcadey game? Tekken being a jugglefest while they do juggles in DOA too? Don't get me wrong, I respect both games, but the hate on tekken in that thread is too unwarranted. The bad thing is people who sincerely want to try out tekken are getting turned off by these people's opinions...

I don't want to say they are salty they got beat by a good tekken player but they probably did...

Sayah

Anna is actually somebody I overlooked but since she has a similar style to Nina I definitely wouldn't mind playing as her. I'll look further into changes between the Tag 2 version and the Tekken 6 version and I'll give her a try in Tekken 6's online mode.

Thanks to both of you for the help, much appreciated.

EDIT: Wow, that video in post 5687 is amazing. I never would have considered either of the bear characters that strong but the player is absolutely excellent.

Anna is a really fun character to use once you get to know how to use her.

It should actually look more like this:

That is SO much better. I don't know who posted that ugly one online before. The blue was all messed up.

Wii U version being arcade perfect would be sweet, not sure how well known is U for Tekken team. Technically I mean. I wouldn't expect arcade perfect on their first try, but later who knows?

As you probably know, they were originally working on a separate Tekken title for Wii U which just turned into Tag 2. They've had their dev kits for awhile so I'd hope they know how to work with the hardware.

GrayFoxPL

As you probably know, they were originally working on a separate Tekken title for Wii U which just turned into Tag 2. They've had their dev kits for awhile so I'd hope they know how to work with the hardware.

Oh yeah you could freely paint stuff on characters. Wonder if this is still in or they realized some idiots would paint nazi and racist stuff.

Sayah

DEATH™;41548587 said:
Umm... By the looks of that thread, Tekken being the victim is completely warranted. Those people who "supports" DOA5 and utterly hates Tekken ain't completely rational either. Tekken being a unbalanced arcadey game? Tekken being a jugglefest while they do juggles in DOA too? Don't get me wrong, I respect both games, but the hate on tekken in that thread is too unwarranted. The bad thing is people who sincerely want to try out tekken are getting turned off by these people's opinions...

I don't want to say they are salty they got beat by a good tekken player but they probably did...

The people who say Tekken is all juggle are the ones who played online for 10 minutes, got a beating, got super frustrated, and then proceeded to spread hate on the series whenever it was mentioned. I'm not even assuming anything. This is the truth with a lot of people. I'm not saying everyone has to like Tekken but at least provide legitimate reasons for why you don't like it. Instead of calling it arcadey garbage.

Although, these forums are awkward with Tekken anyway b/c there is a lot of hate going all around for the series. And this thread wasn't the first time. Just before this, there was Marvel (I LOVE MARVEL) fans getting sour during an EVO stream when a Tekken trailer took a few extra minutes of their time. This trailer specifically.

Whatever. Doesn't matter. Not sure why I'm getting all worked up, lol.

Oh yeah you could freely paint stuff on characters. Wonder if this is still in or they realized some idiots would paint nazi and racist stuff.

Yeah, I think (or hope) that they realized it was a bad move. I do not want to see Nina with a beard, thank you very much.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I think (or hope) that they realized it was a bad move. I do not want to see Nina with a beard, thank you very much.

Toooooo late.
ib1FiunE5vZP6E.jpg

I wonder why Tiger seems to have no customization, like none at all. It's already been confirmed that he's a different person than Eddy, so why can't you customize him? He even has slots.

Maybe it just wasn't in that build. Hopefully he'll have a swimsuit at least.

Sayah

I wonder why Tiger seems to have no customization, like none at all. It's already been confirmed that he's a different person than Eddy, so why can't you customize him? He even has slots.

Maybe it just wasn't in that build. Hopefully he'll have a swimsuit at least.

I'm sure he'll have customization stuff. All the characters will.

I'm sure he'll have customization stuff. All the characters will.
I hope so. Right now you can only give him auras, which is not nearly enough. I understand that they want to keep some of his mystique, but since he's been given a makeover and new moves, now more than ever does he deserve a chance to stand out.

I'm not sure where all this sudden Tiger love is coming from. I liked him in Tekken 3, but now I'm really digging him.

Dereck

He looks less generic. Also I wouldn't judge customization in the game based on any version other than the one we'll get on the 11th.

CSX

Quick question. Do Tag Assault combos give out more red health per damage? I feel like the red health increases at twice the rate and its not cuz TA combos do more damage.

AAK

I don't think so. Red health is just the same, but since Tag Assault usually does more damage than regular juggles, the more complimentary red health will be left behind as well.

DEATH™

DAT NINA... I NEED DAT...

@CSX Tag Assaults don't take away red life no matter how damaging it is. But the combo pre-bound takes away red life in a regular way. So, it's pretty relative depending if you Bound early...

so since everyone seems to be more familiar with TTT2... what do teams look like now for each of you?

I'm pretty confident now my team is Drag/J-6

Might make an alt team of Ogre/Paul or P Jack/Lars just to get better at them.

Degen

so since everyone seems to be more familiar with TTT2... what do teams look like now for each of you?

gonna play King/Bryan and King/AK until I figure out Jaycee, Ogre and Jinpachi

The last couple months or so have been about trying new characters in T6 more than watching TTT2 matches. I'm a Bryan and King player, but AK is styling on everybody online

I think he'd get in trouble with PR if he was being serious

AAK

I have no idea yet.

I was orignally going to surely concentrate on AK/Julia since they had good allegiance numbers and both had playstyles I liked. BUT Julia's core gameplay didn't change all that much as I was expecting and a lot of her new moves don't complement her gameplay style all that much IMO. But that's from just watching videos, things might still change once I actually play her. Also, my AK is so rusty :/

I've been really enjoying Mishima's but again their execution require is too much. I was thinking of doing a Kazuya/Hwoarang team as well, not sure if I'll go with it. I'm very interested in seeing Kunimitsu/Michelle/Angel. Especially kunimitsu after Begging Harada for her to return for years.

So for my day 1 team, AK/Julia and Kaz/Hwoarang. But down the road I have no clue.

LowParry

Teams....teams...man so many to pick from and play around with.

Ling/Leo
Leo/Jin
Leo/Kuni
Jun/Kuni
Jun/Leo
Jun/Ling

Yeah you see how this is going. So many character combos.

Degen

BUT Julia's core gameplay didn't change all that much as I was expecting and a lot of her new moves don't complement her gameplay style all that much IMO.
Yeah, that disappointed me a little bit. she got a couple of King/AK moves and some weird stances but she's still all about the kung-fu otherwise. I would rather see the gimmick on Christie/Eddy than Julia because there'd be a good reason and the style wouldn't contradict itself so much

We'll see how it goes. I like what I see of Jinpachi so far. I don't play Mishimas because they strike me as the Ryu/Ken of Tekken, but Jinpachi seems like what I'm looking for

DEATH™

Yeah, that disappointed me a little bit. she got a couple of King/AK moves and some weird stances but she's still all about the kung-fu otherwise. I would rather see the gimmick on Christie/Eddy than Julia because there'd be a good reason and the style wouldn't contradict itself so much

We'll see how it goes. I like what I see of Jinpachi so far. I don't play Mishimas because they strike me as the Ryu/Ken of Tekken, but Jinpachi seems like what I'm looking for

I could understand the style change... Julia already has pronounced wrestling moves, actually, every throw she has except MA is wrestling throws. But at the same time, you don't want her to completely change, especially in the arcade version where michelle isn't present yet... It's also a way to at least differentiate her from michelle, just like Jun is to Asuka...

The capos though... I kinda wish Christie also becomes a luchadore of some sorts... Xtie/JC tag team FTW!

Degen

yeah, it makes sense as long as Michelle is in it, but I wonder if it would carry over to T7, etc.

opening the command list since I'm at home lol:

Christie's T6 throws are a DDT, a single-leg boston crab, a flipping arm-drag, a hurricanrana, an inverted hurricanrana, a monkey-flip, a spinning arm-drag and a flipping senton. already there!

but then again, going full luchador would make her a clone of that DOA wrestling/capo character

DEATH™

yeah, it makes sense as long as Michelle is in it, but I wonder if it would carry over to T7, etc.

opening the command list since I'm at home lol:

Christie's T6 throws are a DDT, a single-leg boston crab, a flipping arm-drag, a hurricanrana, an inverted hurricanrana, a monkey-flip, a spinning arm-drag and a flipping senton. already there!

but then again, going full luchador would make her a clone of that DOA wrestling/capo character

^
^
^
Nah no not really... Julia is Lisa already... Nerdy scientist at day, hot luchadora at night... Might as well make christie be one too right?

I'll be happy if christie's rodeo is replaced by this. Just add more couple of throws and some wrestling attacks and we're good... A really FINE alternative for my King/AK team... Wahahaha

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;41580677 said:
^
^
^
Nah no not really... Julia is Lisa already... Nerdy scientist at day, hot luchadora at night... Might as well make christie be one too right?

I'll be happy if christie's rodeo is replaced by this. Just add more couple of throws and some wrestling attacks and we're good... A really FINE alternative for my King/AK team... Wahahaha

Major props for posting MISTICO. My favorite luchador/wrestler ever.

But capoeira doesn't have anything in common with wrestling. That Lisa DoA character is a mess style and technique wise.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Asuka/Jun for sure.

Michelle/Jun as a possible secondary.

GrayFoxPL

Combo of Beak, Jin, Leo, Paul, Steve, Lee, Hwoarang.

Right now Beak for certain.

But new characters are strong possibility. I want to throughly analyze Jun and if Violet is playable he's on my team for sure.

Combo of Beak, Jin, Leo, Paul, Steve, Lee, Hwoarang.

Right now Beak for certain.

But new characters are strong possibility. I want to throughly analyze Jun and if Violet is playable he's on my team for sure.
This I don't get. Why not just change the hair color? Dare I say it's because of the same reasons I want default costumed AI?

Top Bottom