• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
523193_4575615355034_673549054_n.jpg

The Seattle FGC trollin' me with these shirts... Even gave one to my boo... lol.

Do i look like the logo they drew?

Pachimari

Yes. Awesomely ;)
Thank you Mark. Fantastic. :)

Can't wait for my review copy and even though I'm getting the review copy, I have decided to also buy my pre-order of We Are Tekken. You guys better bring me Shin in his emo form with the white shirt as DLC haha, and better yet, a Filipina character with their fight style.

Sayah

So why Tekken Tag 2 will be the biggest fighter of this generation and why you need to buy and help support this game and its DLC model. Just information for those casually lurking the thread.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (TTT2) will be releasing on September 11 in North America, September 13 in Japan and September 14 in Europe. The game will also release on the Wii U whenever that launches. Originally, almost everyone expected the console release for TTT2 to just be a direct arcade port with the usual additional console features (Team Battle, Survival, Time Attack, Practice, etc).

No one expected that characters that haven't been seen in action for over a decade would be making a return for the console release (Kunimitsu, Jun, Michelle, Alex, Angel, Ogre, Forest Law, Tiger, P. Jack and others). That is quality fan service but there is a lot more.

PRE-ORDER BONUSES:
For pre-ordering at Gamestop (United States), you get:

1. Four characters (Kunimitsu, Angel, Michelle and Ogre). Note: these characters will be available for free at a later time for those that don't pre-order.

2. Snoop Dogg stage. Note: this stage will be free at a later time for those that don't pre-order.

3. PSN Tempest theme (for PS3 players).

4. Yoshimitsu and Raven avatars (for Xbox 360 players),
preorder_gfx_avatars.png

5. Girl Power posters featuring Nina and Anna

9405892ad78e11e1bb6a1231381f737d_7.jpg

6. Big Bikini Bundle with over 150+ swimsuits for the characters. Note: These swimsuits will be available for free at a later time to those that don't pre-order.

7. Behind the scenes video of the Tekken project team at work.

8. Art Gallery

9. Reversible Boxarts:

If you are in another country, check tekken.com for pre-order bonuses. Many countries in Europe, for instance, will be getting the CE.

GAME FEATURES:

1. Game will feature all the standard modes (Arcade, Survival, Time Attack, Team Battle, etc).

2. Practice Mode is looking REALLY GOOD.

3. A separate tutorial mode titled "Fight Lab" will help beginners and advanced players alike hone their skills in a crazy/quirky way.

4. You will be able to change the background music for all the stages as well as the character select screen to literally anything you want.

5. There will be CG endings for all of the characters and they will be longer than before.

6. Pair play is offered but it will only work locally. Current technology does not allow Tekken to be a good online experience with four people playing from different locations online.

OTHER FEATURES:

TTT2 will be the first fighting game ever to feature an online service called World Tekken Federation (WTF) for players that will be available from Day 1 for free to everyone.
TTT2-WTF-500x278.png

Features of WTF.
1. Statistics tracking including your battle history (all of your opponents that you've faced) as well as attack history (what attacks you've used most frequently, which ones you've used less, etc). Also includes details about each match that you've played so you can see exactly how each match occurred from the number of hits you've done to the throws you've done, etc.

Stats can also be seen according to the last 7 days, the last 30 days, etc. so you can see how your performance has been over time.

2. Leaderboards separated by world, region and character.

3. World Tekken Federation Achievements - Achievements made specifically for the online service.

4. Youtube replays are mentioned so you can analyze all your matches and your performance. More information on this is still needed, though.

5. Team system. Create your own clan of players.

6. Team-specific forums. People inside the team/clan can have discussions with each other.

7. WTF Online Events. There will be online events that players can compete in. This has been confirmed through the WTF press release by Namco.

ARCADE STICK:

Confirmed to release for WII U, PS3, 360.

I do want to make a thread on this but I doubt it'll be interpreted in any way other than "this is a marketing scheme." Maybe I should still take the risk?

What's with the artwork swap pic of the stick? Can it be applied more easily now?

It looks like it just falls over the top, which would be disingenuous ordinarily

DR2K

Banned
I don't know why anyone wants to swap out Tekkens themes, besides the atrocious Snoop Crap, the tracks are amazing.

mephie

Neo Member
I don't know why anyone wants to swap out Tekkens themes, besides the atrocious Snoop Crap, the tracks are amazing.

I'm going to change the Fiji stage music in addition to the terrible Snoop Lion song. I'm sure there are quite a few others who have a couple of songs they don't care for in this otherwise fantastic soundtrack.

This is exactly why I want the option to add additional songs to each stage that randomly get selected each time you play on it, rather than replacing tracks every goddamn time you want something different. That and the songs potentially being exclusive to the game are 2 reasons I won't be buying Tekken Tunes. Wish they would have thought that through.

Other options I would have included: Character themes that attach songs to characters and an arcade mode progression playlist that folks can put tracks in sequential order if they felt like it.

You know who I miss and want to play as again? Roger Sr.

I'm just tired of seeing him in the endings, acting like an ass and have either his wife or son uppercut him into the stars because of it.

Sayah

Me and lyte about to play matches right now if anyone wants to join. Though, I'm situated far away from router so not sure how the lag will be.

mephie

Neo Member
Why is Heihachi young in TTT2?

We won't know the canonical reason for it until the game is released. However the reason that Namco wanted to drastically change Heihachi is that the original voice actor died. They figured that the new voice would be more palatable if it came with a new look.

We won't know the canonical reason for it until the game is released. However the reason that Namco wanted to drastically change Heihachi is that the original voice actor died. They figured that the new voice would be more palatable if it came with a new look.
It says in his TTT2 bio that he developed a youth potion.

LowParry

Sooo...when exactly are we getting the last of our reveals anyway? We're nearly a week away from release. Maybe we are seeing a final build after all.

Sayah

Sooo...when exactly are we getting the last of our reveals anyway? We're nearly a week away from release. Maybe we are seeing a final build after all.

New character reveals will probably be post-release. I'm assuming they want to keep the game alive after it releases. But I don't exactly think it's a good idea. TTT2 is going to stay alive regardless and it'll be featured in tournaments for several years to come. Revealing characters now would be better b/c it would give more people incentive to pre-order. Plus, I'm sure people are going to hack the game and find out which character data is on the disc so we'll know ahead of time anyway and it'll ruin the surprise.

Unless these other characters are meant to be unlocked in the game somehow by the players. That would be so amazing.

AAK

I think it's weird.... I believe the people who worked on the guide and guys like Markman know who are the remaining characters. That tells me that they're already in the game I believe. Maybe they have to be unlocked in the game? Unlockable characters are unlikely I presume because nothing of that sort appears in the trophy list. I suppose DLC might be the thing.

Also, WOW @ Post 6051! That's an awesome breakdown of the game Sayah! I'm so rewriting what I had into what you put... It's just so much better laid out and easy to read.

Sayah

Also, some OT title ideas for AAK if one hasn't already been chosen.

General
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Game of the Forever
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Get Ready for the Next Battle
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| of fluffy skirts, tiger swag....(somebody else complete this lol).
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Dream Roster

Snoop Dogg Inspired
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| I need dat
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Run it. Run it. Run it homie
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Knock 'em Down
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| You probably gonna lose so you probably about to quit
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Fists Like Tekken

I think it's weird.... I believe the people who worked on the guide and guys like Markman know who are the remaining characters. That tells me that they're already in the game I believe. Maybe they have to be unlocked in the game? Unlockable characters are unlikely I presume because nothing of that sort appears in the trophy list. I suppose DLC might be the thing.

Also, WOW @ Post 6051! That's an awesome breakdown of the game Sayah! I'm so rewriting what I had into what you put... It's just so much better laid out and easy to read.

Thanks. :)

AAK

Snoop Dogg Inspired
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| I need dat
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Run it. Run it. Run it homie
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Knock 'em Down
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| You probably gonna lose so you probably about to quit
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Fists Like Tekken

13464566604.jpg

Degen

aak please put snoop in the ot's title

aak look at this baby jaguar

nfHsd.jpg

for god's sake man it's just a baby.

please put snoop in the ot's title

Top Bottom