• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

DEATH™

MarkMan please tell me which character this move belongs to????

dbzy23Wgudjd9x.gif

This is what I think of your BRIBERY:

img_3393.jpg

MWAHAHAHA

The first hit is EMGF (P. Jack). The aerial hits are probably from ninjas (Yoshi/Kuni/Raven). The last hit? I dunno. Probably Alisa since it has the SBT start-up.

And No Snoop? How can we get new players without Snoop? WE NEED SNOOP!!!

AAK

I was honestly going to guess Violet... but oh well.

We need SNOOP?? Sorry man, Snoop is going to drive newer players away rather than incite them.

Jubs

Is there a method to doing the backdash cancel with a ps3 pad? (Not a stick player, more comfortable with a pad) I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the movement down. Everytime I do b,b,d/b, my character either sidesteps or crouches during the the D/B before backdashing again. It's nowhere near what the GIF in the OP shows, although I guess I'm kind of there, since it's still faster than a regular backdash. Any tips?

AAK

^^
That's what everyone goes through. All you gotta do is practice and practice. A plan of action for me was to spend around 20 min everyday working on.

DEATH™

Is there a method to doing the backdash cancel with a ps3 pad? (Not a stick player, more comfortable with a pad) I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the movement down. Everytime I do b,b,d/b, my character either sidesteps or crouches during the the D/B before backdashing again. It's nowhere near what the GIF in the OP shows, although I guess I'm kind of there, since it's still faster than a regular backdash. Any tips?

I have that problem too... You know the solution? BUY A FIGHTSTICK...

I'm serious... the buttons get "stuck" for a few millisecs, causing the iffy long crouch/sidestep...

Also, when your char is crouching, you're actually doing it right. Backdash is cancelled by technically going to crouch, then backdash again. Your objective is to minimize the time you go to crouch by doing it faster. The problem is, no matter how fast your fingers are, if the buttons stuck themselves there, you won't get any faster... Pros do it fast with the help of the stick going back to the neutral position quicker...

AAK

I personally think it's easier on pad. Especially since you don't have to relearn it when going from 1P to 2P.

DEATH™

I personally think it's easier on pad. Especially since you don't have to relearn it when going from 1P to 2P.

Yeah... that IS true about the pad... it's easier to learn first...

But speaking of which... Anybody tried a HitBox? Those things are awesome... Pad players won't have problems doing BDCs with it... Wavedashing and iWR is insanely easy too. The only problem is the quarter and half circle moves, but that will be easy with practice... I wish anyone would make a stick/hitbox hybrid...

KerryFigs

Neo Member
So how come gloves and shoes aren't their own categories like it was in T6? Its minor but I just find it kind of weird to place them with upper body or lower body respectively. Probably my only little beef with the game.

DEATH™

So how come gloves and shoes aren't their own categories like it was in T6? Its minor but I just find it kind of weird to place them with upper body or lower body respectively. Probably my only little beef with the game.

It was said before that separating them as different items will eat too much processing power, especially with three~four characters at once...

KerryFigs

Neo Member
DEATH™;41726303 said:
It was said before that separating them as different items will eat too much processing power, especially with three~four characters at once...

That I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info.

Degen

DEATH™;41725132 said:
Yeah... that IS true about the pad... it's easier to learn first...

But speaking of which... Anybody tried a HitBox? Those things are awesome... Pad players won't have problems doing BDCs with it... Wavedashing and iWR is insanely easy too. The only problem is the quarter and half circle moves, but that will be easy with practice... I wish anyone would make a stick/hitbox hybrid...
When I tried a HitBox, I thought quarter/half circle motions were really easy. Just roll your fingers across two or three buttons. Granted, I was playing UMvC3 which has a ton of shortcuts

I like the idea of doing Running Exploder and ending juggles with King's running air throw for free. There's also no chance of accidentally jumping or crouching, which I do all the time

not sure what the holdup has been since I was planning to buy one a long time ago

AAK

Not tomorrow, sorry.

I have my last year of school starting tomorrow and had to make a ton of preparations for it. Sorry :( Maybe Wednesday. :)

Also, applying for jobs. :(

EDIT: Also don't expect much LOL. 90% of the time was just spent on banners. In terms of content it's like 1/100th of this thread's OP. I'm doing something on the side to ensure that all the things in this OP won't go to waste. Which is probably the main reason for the delay.

Not tomorrow, sorry.

I have my last year of school starting tomorrow and had to make a ton of preparations for it. Sorry :( Maybe Wednesday. :)

EDIT: Also don't expect much LOL. 90% of the time was just spent on banners. In terms of content it's like 1/100th of this thread's OP. I'm doing something on the side to ensure that all the things in this OP won't go to waste. Which is probably the main reason for the delay.

Good luck with the job hunt dude.

I'm still putting together my tekken tunes but it sure is tough since so many of the TTT2 themes are so good. Someone tell me what stage I should put this track on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkdXUCdNnd0

I'm thinking Bountiful Sea.

Sayah

Not tomorrow, sorry.

Don't worry too much about it. Don't think it needs to be a big flashy thread anyways. And yeah, good luck with the job hunt. :)

Good luck with the job hunt dude.

I'm still putting together my tekken tunes but it sure is tough since so many of the TTT2 themes are so good. Someone tell me what stage I should put this track on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkdXUCdNnd0

I'm thinking Bountiful Sea.

Bountiful Sea would work. Either that or Dusk After the Rain.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't worry too much over the OT AAK.

While I love the music from Moonlit Wilderness, I'll be using this instead.

Let the nostalgia flow.

Tizoc

MarkMan please tell me which character this move belongs to????

dbzy23Wgudjd9x.gif

This is what I think of your BRIBERY:

img_3393.jpg

MWAHAHAHA

Well at least you didn't 'trash it' trash it, now even a poor hobo can take it, put it on and become the pimpest guy on the block.
Your loss anyways >=P
Good luck on the job hunting tho ^o^-b

Sayah

Scrubgaf clan to go with a heart emblem. :p

Anyways I think I found a decent bgm to go in Dusk After The Rain stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hq20N2qnF4

Niiiiiice theme.

Anyone know if we can join multiple teams/clans?

I'm sure we can.

Don't worry too much over the OT AAK.

While I love the music from Moonlit Wilderness, I'll be using this instead.

Let the nostalgia flow.

I'm gonna be using the original Moonlit Wilderness theme. Soooooo good.

Pachimari

I'm just extremely happy that we got a online practice mode.

The first thing I'll do is to complete Arcade mode with all the characters, so i get a feel for them all and can decide which pair to go for.

GrayFoxPL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0UtBO2gaw

@ the 5 minute mark, did Jin's 1,2,3 always knocked the opponent down like that? I remember being able to juggle off of that in T6 with the 1, 2, 3, 1, 3~3 follow up.

Yeah it's the same. You're thinking of ff+3. Btw 1,2,3 only ever hit if opponent got bored of pushback from 1,2,4 and started ducking third hit. 3 in the string never combos outside of juggle of course.

I'm still trying to figure out if us who gets the promotional copy also gets DLC codes for the pre-order stuff.

I'm getting to conclusion it is fixed. Every seller in Poland outside of 3 biggest shops gets "bare" version. I guess I'm gonna have to wait for dlc.

So in my impatience, I decided to cancel my Newegg preorder and went to Amazon. Since I have Prime and they can ship to me on release day.

I think I might be the only one that will be using non-Tekken tracks for the jukebox.

Top Bottom