• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

devastatorprime said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XK0S3GFhW88#t=112s

How can you listen to this and not want to kick some ass? That track may surpass Fallen Colony as the greatest Tekken track of all time imo.
Wow. Some of the songs get better as you keep listening. Like Wayang Kulit.

SarcasticD said:
Also can't forget Mystical Forest. Loved the BGM but I'll be damn its the most frustrating stage in the game.
Mystical Forest has an awesome track but I hate playing on the stage. THERE'S NO SPACE.

GrayFoxPL said:
Awesome render.

She actually has a persona in this. Same with Nina. Cutscenes with them are just awesome.
Now I have to find a way to play it, haha.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If only I still had a PS2......or if my PS3 was BC. :/
I recall seeing DBD images of Anna and she does look a lot better in her DBD form but her face also seems to have lost that sort of..........persona and smirk........that she's known for.
Anna_Williams_DBD_01.jpg

Thanks to this thread, I went out and hunted down a copy of Death by Degrees yesterday. I'd only played it in demo form at E3 way back, I just never got around to purchasing the finished product. I like fighting game side stories done right (see: Shaolin Monks), hopefully this is worth the 4 bucks I paid :)

notworksafe

Thanks to this thread, I went out and hunted down a copy of Death by Degrees yesterday. I'd only played it in demo form at E3 way back, I just never got around to purchasing the finished product. I like fighting game side stories done right (see: Shaolin Monks), hopefully this is worth the 4 bucks I paid :)
Well...it's no Shaolin Monks. But if you like x-ray shots of bones breaking, you're in luck!

Sayah

Although the reviews have been pretty bad for the game, I'm assuming it will be worth it if you're a big Nina/Anna fan. Otherwise, I'm not so sure as I haven't played it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBhUgJVuPiw&t=1m14s

confirmed that Hworang players love their new tech trap

Probably will be getting patched soon.

AAK

I got some really bad news people. Kane did a comparison between Prologue and the Arcade version and the results are not pretty at all :(

Arcade:

arc1.png

Prologue

tttp1.png

Arcade:

arc3.png

Prologue

tttp2.png

Arcade:

arc2t.png

Prologue

tttp3.png

before people just on my case and try to kill my comparisons, I will note that in all the screens, the recordings were used using the same capture device, same resolution, same video capture bitrate quality, run on the same media player, screens are saved w/ the same methods and saved in the same file type.

And in other news I recovered all of my data from my laptop! I hope I can update the OP by the end of this week :)

Teknoman said:
Is Tekken Hybrid getting an OT?

This thread is pretty much for all Tekken content :)

Obviously lower resolution, but still has the same geometry on the stages and sports the same arcade gameplay. As a big fan of the Tekken 3 on the PS1 I can't really say I'm disappointed by that result at all.

Back in SF2's day this would have been described as "arcade perfect."

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Obviously lower resolution, but still has the same geometry on the stages and sports the same arcade gameplay. As a big fan of the Tekken 3 on the PS1 I can't really say I'm disappointed by that result at all.

Back in SF2's day this would have been described as "arcade perfect."

It might have been competent or even arcade perfect 15-20 years ago, but that doesn't change that this is an absolute abortion by today's standards.

GrayFoxPL

I'm not disappointed. Arcade runs on hardware that is PS3++. How would they achieve more power on bare PS3? They couldn't pull it out of ass.

I actually expected worse since it's tag.

Good job Harada.

AAK

I know, as long as it runs at 60 fps constantly I'll be content, but it does suck that I'll never get to play the optimal version of the game :(

I can only hope that this just the graphics for prologue and they'll be able to get better results when it eventually hits consoles late next year.

LowParry

Well, it is a demo after all. Could always be tweaked come closer to release. I'm not disappointed at all. I'm just happy I get to play some sort of version of TTT2.

SkylineRKR

Its probably a good port. As being said, the Arcade hardware must be above the Ps3. The System 359 board is an evolution of System 357 (Tekken 6). They obviously had their reasons to upgrade the board in order to develop TTT2, but for Ps3 they have to settle with the same old hardware.

Can't find specs, but I would guess its a RAM and/or clock speed increase. Much like System 12 and System 256 which were quite a bit more powerful than the Ps1 and Ps2 respectively and it showed with Tekken 3 and 5.

alstein

Any chance they delay this two years and make it a PS4 launch title like what Tag 1 was for the PS2?

I know that would break hearts, but I can see it being a possibility.

jett

D-Member
Seems like Prologue forgoes the dynamic resolution of the arcade version(it drops when 3 characters are on screen, drops further when there are four) and is just extremely low at all times.

SkylineRKR

Any chance they delay this two years and make it a PS4 launch title like what Tag 1 was for the PS2?

I know that would break hearts, but I can see it being a possibility.

I think they'll release this on Ps3 during fall 2012, there is no reason not to bring this to the established userbase as they can always release an upgraded version to the Ps4 afterwards. Its a 360 version i'm not entirely sure about though, the T6 port might not have been worth the hassle in the end. No prologue and no word on it either.

Tizoc

Excuse me, what does RTTP stand for?

Return to the party. I believe it is used when one replays a game they didn't spend much time on in the past.

BTW I want to show my friend some really good TTT2 footage that showcases tag combos; anyone have one that's around 5 min. long?

Well its something at least, If I played it for the grafics I might as well just demand a PC version.

BTW I want to show my friend some really good TTT2 footage that showcases tag combos; anyone have one that's around 5 min. long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxUZhhCh6ic
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpzmO7kg-jM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qt_L4U3NE

Or you can tune into deepcrotchtheather's channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/theater10

Not really many combo vids that go past 5 minutes mainly because not everyone has access to the game. And the people that do are too busy playing lol.

Sayah

Why?

It's a tech trap. It doesn't work if you don't tech.

I'm not exactly sure but supposing it was someone like Lei instead of Hwoarang doing that, then wouldn't it be unblockable even if the person decided to stay on ground (since Lei's special works on ground as well)? It seems like something that could be problematic. I don't know, lol.

Maybe not for Tag2 but I could see TxSF being PS4 launch title.
Better be on the PS3 as I won't be buying a PS4 close at launch.

I think they'll release this on Ps3 during fall 2012, there is no reason not to bring this to the established userbase as they can always release an upgraded version to the Ps4 afterwards. Its a 360 version i'm not entirely sure about though, the T6 port might not have been worth the hassle in the end. No prologue and no word on it either.

They have to bring it out by 2012. No way it can be any later than that. As far as the 360, I'm assuming it will come out on it. More money in their pockets. And if Tekken Wii U is successful, I'll also assume we'll see Tag 2 on Wii U as well.

I'm fine with it being PS3 exclusive, though. Multiplatform porting doesn't always go very well and consumes up time that could be better spent making the actual game better.

Skilletor

I'm not disappointed. Arcade runs on hardware that is PS3++. How would they achieve more power on bare PS3? They couldn't pull it out of ass.

I actually expected worse since it's tag.

Good job Harada.

They did it with PS1 and PS2.

Tekken 6 is even worse when compared to SC4 which runs in full HD at 60fps.

No excuses for shitty ports.

Sayah

They did it with PS1 and PS2.

Tekken 6 is even worse when compared to SC4 which runs in full HD at 60fps.

No excuses for shitty ports.

Do people really take that much notice of graphic differences? Tekken 6 looks amazing on consoles. The quality varies with each stage, though. The game looks its best on Fallen Colony, Tunnel Disaster, and that tomato fiesta stage.

Skilletor

Do people really take that much notice of graphic differences? Tekken 6 looks amazing on consoles. The quality varies with each stage, though. The game looks its best on Fallen Colony, Tunnel Disaster, and that tomato fiesta stage.

I think it looks okay. It's a blurry mess. Definitely don't think it looks amazing. Sub-HD is lame.

Gameplay is great, though.

The disparity in image quality between 5DR and 6 is immense to me. Probably because I play on a 1080p monitor really close to my face.

Skilletor

The disparity in image quality between 5DR and 6 is immense to me. Probably because I play on a 1080p monitor really close to my face.

This is part of it. Another for me is that sometimes I'll play T6, SC4, DoA or VF in rotation. T6 looks absolutely terrible. It's so blurry. The IQ is horrendous in comparison with every other big 3D fighter out.

Sayah

I think it looks okay. It's a blurry mess. Definitely don't think it looks amazing. Sub-HD is lame.

Gameplay is great, though.
I'd have to respectfully disagree.
Game looks great imo. Although, as I said, the graphical quality varies with stages. If I wanted to worry about graphics, I would just pick the stages that look the best. However, in the heat of battle, none of that really matters anyway.

Skilletor

I'd have to respectfully disagree.
Game looks great imo. Although, as I said, the graphical quality varies with stages. If I wanted to worry about graphics, I would just pick the stages that look the best. However, in the heat of battle, none of that really matters anyway.

Gameplay is all that matters in the end, I agree. That doesn't mean the ports aren't blurry messes.

Imm0rt4l

TTT2 soundtrack is pretty dope, but that's to be expected. only sdtk I didn't care for I think was tekken 4. Don't think I'll be getting prologue, wouldn't mind playing it though. Blood Vengeance is ass, only way I'm watching that again is with rifftrax.

Top Bottom