• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

Wow, I didn't even know there was more than one way to do the consecutive flapping butterfly (within in the combo). >_>
I actually was able to pull it off once with the suggestions of Weapon_X. The only problem is that if I only do it with d, d/f, 1, then it most often becomes d, df, f, 1 instead. Much appreciated AAK. I think I may be getting the hang of this eventually.

Even if Devil were a separate character, he would be just Kazuya with laser beams. Mostly pointless.

I think it is just Kazuya and Jin's devil forms though.

Sayah

Devil Kazuya gains a few attacks and also loses some that Kazuya originally had. The game will not feature normal Jin or Kazuya. They are both in their devil forms and have the special movie costumes.

AAK

Yup, Sayah is correct. (And no problem with the FB input ;)

Devil gains:

f,f+2: Lightning Fist (Loses Kaz's new Palm thrust)
f,n,d,d/f+1~u/f: Thunder God Fist Into Heaven's Gate
1+2: Laser Beam (Loses Kaz's useless 1+2)
3+4, 1+2: Fly Laser Beam
d/f+1,2: Twin Pistons (Loses Kazuya's d/f+1, followups)

And I know I'm forgetting something else.

AAK

GrayFoxPL said:
Jun can tag out after reversal leaving opponent stunned for a followup. Fuck.

I don't think it's a stun necessarily unlike Wang/T. Ogre's Waning Moon. I just think Jun's partner will be at a frame advantage and the opponent will have to guess right for whatever mixup is coming. I have seen it blocked before but maybe I could be wrong.

And Good Lord did the Giantbomb quicklook do TTT such a disservice. Jeff, TTT is your second least favorite Tekken game??? Is that why you gave it 9.6?

Sayah

AAK said:
I don't think it's a stun necessarily unlike Wang/T. Ogre's Waning Moon. I just think Jun's partner will be at a frame advantage and the opponent will have to guess right for whatever mixup is coming. I have seen it blocked before but maybe I could be wrong.

And Good Lord did the Giantbomb quicklook do TTT such a disservice. Jeff, TTT is your second least favorite Tekken game??? Is that why you gave it 9.6?

That Giantbomb preview was pretty horrible. Unfortunately, that's how most reviewers are gonna end up playing it. It's casual play which is still fun to watch (despite being horrible) because people don't know what they're doing. lol. I still remember this from IGN. Provided me quite some laughter. That's how the common perception develops: Tekken = spamming, button-mashing, unbalanced fighter when it's not.

Probably the same reason most fighters end up with lower reviews despite their insane depth because they don't cater to the casual crowd as much (aka the general masses or our typical CoD crowd). Unfortunately, most people don't play the games in depth.

Doomshine

Jeff's been down on Tekken since Street Fighter 4, it wouldn't surprise me if he got caught up in that shitty mindset new fighting game fans seem to have. He talks about T6 like it's really awful but he still gave it 3 stars and called it "a great fighting game".

He also never learned any of the new mechanincs introduced since Tekken 6.

Ryan on their E3 podcasts also seems to think nobody plays Tekken anymore.

Still disappointing though, it's like they just wanted to get it over with, didn't even check out all the menu options.

Markman you shoulda showed off some moves man :p

Here is some footage for those that missed out the stream, TTT2 prologue starts at 50:30 in. I see people still get mixed up with D. Kaz's df+1,2 lol

http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/b/299877820

Oh and hey AAK, TTT2P Pause menu has a very interesting 'Display Style' option that was set to 'console' during the stream....... Hmmmm

Sayah

YES, thank you for that stream. Game is looking sick.
Anyone find any deals on Tekken Hybrid for Black Friday? Make sure to post here.

AAK

It's just crazy since a lot unblockables can easily be used as juggle starters in that sandwich scenario. Never techroll during a tag assault LOL.

Here's a demo of the TTT2 soundtrack:

http://soundcloud.com/sweeprecord/ttt2_demo

7:22 I think has the credits roll soundtrack and it is GDLIKE!!

So good :D

BTW Markman how is the Artbook? Approximately how many pages is it? And does it have any new material or is all recycled artwork and recycled material from previous iterations?

GrayFoxPL

I still think namco missed out on not adding even basic online mode to ttt hd.

They could've even treat it as a test platform for netcodes in future games. Free beta test in real online environment.

But hey Namco, as you wish.

GrayFoxPL said:
I still think namco missed out on not adding even basic online mode to ttt hd.

They could've even treat it as a test platform for netcodes in future games. Free beta test in real online environment.

But hey Namco, as you wish.
Agreed definitely would have bought it then, without it the package really isn't worth it.

GrayFoxPL

Terareflection said:
Agreed definitely would have bought it then, without it the package really isn't worth it.

For fans it's definitely worth it. Never missed out on any Tekken, hell I bought DR 2 times from psn, full price.

But yeah missed opportunity by Namco. Online Tag1 would get players nicely lubed before Tag2!

AAK

It definitely would have been nice, but I have no idea how long it would have taken for them to get a decent netcode for it. Plus, hey've got so many projects with SCV, TTT2 console, TxSF, T3DS, and Tekken WiiU going on that I sincerely doubt they have the resources for pulling it off. I was REALLY surprised they managed to get trophy support.

It doesn't affect me anymore since I have long given up playing Tekken 6 online. But it definitely would have helped bring more interest.

MightyKAC

Everyday I learn something new and find out how much of a newb I am at this game. Finally figured out what the "cc" notation means (Crouch Canceling) which I'm told is kind of an important thing for a guy who's supposed to be learning Wang as his main. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to do it and where it's best applied.

Can anybody hook a gaffer up?

Doomshine

MightyKAC said:
Everyday I learn something new and find out how much of a newb I am at this game. Finally figured out what the "cc" notation means (Crouch Canceling) which I'm told is kind of an important thing for a guy who's supposed to be learning Wang as his main. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to do it and where it's best applied.

I don't see why it would be that much more important for Wang. Crouch canceling is basically a quicker way to get to a full standing position from full crouch. So with Wang if you hit for example CH ss+4, you'll want to cc and do b+2 to get a juggle.

CC is done by tapping any direction except for down, you can also double tap.

MightyKAC

Doomshine said:
I don't see why it would be that much more important for Wang. Crouch canceling is basically a quicker way to get to a full standing position from full crouch. So with Wang if you hit for example CH ss+4, you'll want to cc and do b+2 to get a juggle.

CC is done by tapping any direction except for down, you can also double tap.

Thanks for that, in fact the example you gave was exactly the reason why I trying to learn CC. I keep landing the move but I never can do any follow ups to it. hopefully now I'll be able to.

Doomshine

MightyKAC said:
Thanks for that, in fact the example you gave was exactly the reason why I trying to learn CC. I keep landing the move but I never can do any follow ups to it. hopefully now I'll be able to.
There are specific angles where you can do WS+3 to float them too, but cc b+2 is the most reliable and if you're looking for easy damage you can just do WS+2,2 WS+1,1.

I decided to check TZ since I haven't been there in a while and noticed this in the combo section for CH ss+4: FC f+2, 1, b+2,1, 1+2 B!

^that's great if that works easily and on all characters.

CSX

Throavium said:
I'm in the same boat really, I need to learn how to block lows, highs, and grabs better.

When I backdash, i accindentally block lows

"shit, i pressed db too hard"

*blocks low*

*ws4*

*wins match*

feels good man :) Right now for grabs, i just tell my friend/student to just mash punch buttons. He doesnt have the time to pratice throw breaks till this school semester is over.

AAK

MightyKAC said:

It's not that complicated. I just imagine that I'm doing a simple getup from a knockdown position except for cc, when I'm in a crouching phase after a move. I'm sorry, I have very little Wang knowledge, but another example is Julia's 1,2,1,1. After the last hit connects, Julia is still in a slight crouching position where I just tap u and then quickly dash forward and do the d/f+3+4 double kick to pick my opponent up and continue the juggle. Something that you do in practice mode that will really help.

What sucks is that I even had a GIF prepared that included a cc in its notation and you could see the abrupt motion from crouching to neutral which is where the crouch cancel took place. Man, I really hope I can recover all that info :(

As for the patch, All they have to do is have an arbitrary timer for the tag assault combo and that should solve the sandwich issue. They could also just eliminate the clipping from the point character so that the opponent will travel right through them during the tag assault but that would also completely kill some of the other legit combo's people thought of with other characters. IMO a timer would be best.

AAK said:
It's just crazy since a lot unblockables can easily be used as juggle starters in that sandwich scenario. Never techroll during a tag assault LOL.

Here's a demo of the TTT2 soundtrack:

http://soundcloud.com/sweeprecord/ttt2_demo

7:22 I think has the credits roll soundtrack and it is GDLIKE!!

So good :D

BTW Markman how is the Artbook? Approximately how many pages is it? And does it have any new material or is all recycled artwork and recycled material from previous iterations?
Thank you so much. Man, the only way TTT2's soundtrack could be better is if they had updated versions of Tekken 2 Kazuya Stage and Fallen Colony.

AAK

CSX

There is motion blur for sure.

Good chance that its gonna be sub HD resolution

Maybe Markman can confirm that?

CSX said:
There is motion blur for sure.

Good chance that its gonna be sub HD resolution

Maybe Markman can confirm that?
The arcade version is sub-HD and it runs on beefier hardware than PS3. It's safe to assume console will be sub-HD as well.

AAK

Judging by the way the health bar interface is changed in TTT2 Prologue, it's pretty much guaranteed that it's running at a lower res than the arcade version, which is already partially subHD. BUT when FW mentioned a few posts above how the pause menu had a specific display option for "console", maybe there's a setting that can uprez the game at the sacrifice of some other features?

There was a power point presentation a fair bit back that went into detail about the games' visuals and whatnot but it was in complete Japanese so... :/

Well I hope Digital Foundry has another crack at Tekken with Hybrid, there is probably no doubt that the res will be gimped. Although interesting a little option did appear in TTT2 Prologue for 'Display Style' but nobody on stream got around to flicking through it.

So I guess a wait and see is the only thing to do here.

Top Bottom