• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

CSX

They did it with PS1 and PS2.

Tekken 6 is even worse when compared to SC4 which runs in full HD at 60fps.

No excuses for shitty ports.

but SC4 had no AA

full body motion blur apparently requires a lot of power which forced tekken 6 to run in sub-hd no AA.

However once you turned it off in option, you get AA (PS3) or a higher than 720p resolution (360)

GrayFoxPL

I'm not exactly sure but supposing it was someone like Lei instead of Hwoarang doing that, then wouldn't it be unblockable even if the person decided to stay on ground (since Lei's special works on ground as well)? It seems like something that could be problematic. I don't know, lol.

Better be on the PS3 as I won't be buying a PS4 close at launch.

I think there's enough time to roll even if hits grounded.
People mash too much, as in tech without thinking. As an T2 Lei player I mostly roll with D1, tech only if someone's eager on okizeme.

As for PS3 TxSF, maybe decent version at end of PS3 support and Superb version for PS4.
Someone asked on twitter how advanced was TxSF development few months ago, Harada said 2%, because really he was just planning the roster etc.
So if rumors of next gen in 2012 are true then I'm pretty sure TxSF could end up on them, even if development started on PS3.

I think the only thing TxSF that's solid in terms of info is the Ryu model and that they will concentrate on TxSF after TTT2. Reading on twitter, he did say he have considerations like if it's going to be a tag system or single, release on console first, and wants to make the cast a bit different from SFxT.

GrayFoxPL

I think the only thing TxSF that's solid in terms of info is the Ryu model and that they will concentrate on TxSF after TTT2. Reading on twitter, he did say he have considerations like if it's going to be a tag system or single, release on console first, and wants to make the cast a bit different from SFxT.

I don't thing that quick done picture of Ryu for a conference it's actual anymore. He probably has Tag2 quality model by now, though it would be interesting if art style was something totally new.

AAK

Tekken is the only thing that would make me plunge into next gen early. But I never do so because the hardware is usually pretty rushed and no so durable for the first runs. For that reason alone I definitely want a PS360 TxSF. But for what's good for the series, maybe if they get a head start in the next generation it'll fair better?

At the same time TxSF could be an Arcade first game followed by a console release in the future. If that's the case, a next gen port would be a bit more reasonable... but I still want it for the PS3 :p

In other news, Kotobukiya are showing their Hwoarang, Julia, Ling, and Lili Designs:

ikWqwzNv9yEXV.jpg

inMtFYBDdsPUK.jpg

isPvNKK1xOJZI.jpg

iCob87sVsy96k.jpg

Harada really going all Itagaki with the female characters in Tekken

AAK

I set up everything I'm going to add in the OP and I'll update it over time hopefully :) Got a LOT of material so it'll be a while.

Thanks to Kane's contacts here are the Japanese tiers for TTT2:

Japanese Tiers as of November 14
SS: Lee [b+2 Sandwich Tag Assault Infinite]
S : Kazuya, Devil Jin, Heihachi, Lars, Hwoarang[Tag Assault Unblockable setups]
A+ : Bryan, Julia, Leo, Armor King, Dragunov, Marduk, (Hwoarang if unblockable setup is patched)
A- : Bruce, Jack-6, Lili, Bob, Jin, Paul, Steve, Feng, (Lee if b+2 infinite is patched)
B+ : Nina, Anna, Jinpachi, Raven, Wang, Eddie/Chrisite, Asuka, Jun, Law, Miguel, Lei, Ganryu, Yoshimitsu
B- : King, Zafina, Ling, Ogre
C : Panda/Kuma, Roger, Alisa, Baek

CSX

I set up everything I'm going to add in the OP and I'll update it over time hopefully :) Got a LOT of material so it'll be a while.

Thanks to Kane's contacts here are the Japanese tiers for TTT2:

Japanese Tiers as of November 14
SS: Lee [b+2 Sandwich Tag Assault Infinite]
S : Kazuya, Devil Jin, Heihachi, Lars, Hwoarang[Tag Assault Unblockable setups]
A+ : Bryan, Julia, Leo, Armor King, Dragunov, Marduk, (Hwoarang if unblockable setup is patched)
A- : Bryan, Jack-6, Lili, Bob, Jin, Paul, Steve, Feng, (Lee if b+2 infinite is patched)
B+ : Nina, Anna, Jinpachi, Raven, Wang, Eddie/Chrisite, Asuka, Jun, Law, Miguel, Lei, Ganryu, Yoshimitsu
B- : King, Zafina, Ling, Ogre
C : Panda/Kuma, Roger, Alisa, Baek

so they cant decide where Bryan belongs? hes in both A tiers.

they need to make an exception that Panda/kuma team is SSS tier :p

any explantation why baek is so low? I understand why Alisa is low (movement nerfed)

AAK

My bad, Bruce is supposed to be in A-. I know Alisa got nerfed massively. The latest patch nerfed her even further, and she already lost her uber backdash from T6 which was her saving grace.

As for Baek, I assume he's the same as T6 where you either lose to him if you don't the character, but if you know the character, there really isn't much in terms of tools he has that can reliably threaten his adversary while remaining in a safe situation.

CSX

She got nerfed MORE???!!!

dammit namco, when i finally decided to learn a female character over the summer and this is what you do to her.

11 and db3 spam for life i guess :\

AAK

Specifically, the latest patch nerfed her d/f+1,1 and f,f+1+2,2. So her damage was reduced.

But everything is pretty volatile right now, I doubt a lot of things are going to stay the way they are. TTT2 technically is still a beta. The actual release is when the game releases internationally in Australia/Indonesia/Thailand/etc. The release then I believe will have a much different tier list when the time comes.

maomaoIYP

Oh my, Shunya Yamashita's designs shine through once again, SO GORGEOUS. Too bad Kotobukiya's workmanship rarely lives up to the prototype figure.

Oh my, Shunya Yamashita's designs shine through once again, SO GORGEOUS. Too bad Kotobukiya's workmanship rarely lives up to the prototype figure.

Yeah, koto's final products never really look as good as their prototypes. Its the reason I've held off from getting some of their Marvel Bishoujo girls. But this is tekken and I've been waiting for decent Tekken figures forever so I'll be getting all the ladies at the very least. I hope they make all the ladies eventually. All thats left is Nina, Anna, Zafina, Jun, and Leo. *keeps fingers crosed*

Shame their yoshimitsu is so expensive. Wish I could afford him cause he would make a perfect centerpiece for any collection.

maomaoIYP

Yeah, koto's final products never really look as good as their prototypes. Its the reason I've held off from getting some of their Marvel Bishoujo girls. But this is tekken and I've been waiting for decent Tekken figures forever so I'll be getting all the ladies at the very least. I hope they make all the ladies eventually. All thats left is Nina, Anna, Zafina, Jun, and Leo. *keeps fingers crosed*

Shame their yoshimitsu is so expensive. Wish I could afford him cause he would make a perfect centerpiece for any collection.

They should just give the designs to Alter!

Tizoc

Sorry for double posting but I want to know how to do the following in TTT2 (there are trophies for them in the demo lol)
Tag Assaults
Tag Combos
Tag Throws
Keep in mind that the playable characters are
Xiayou, Alisa, Devil Jin and Kazuya in his Devil form

CSX

Sorry for double posting but I want to know how to do the following in TTT2 (there are trophies for them in the demo lol)
Tag Assaults
Tag Combos
Tag Throws
Keep in mind that the playable characters are
Xiayou, Alisa, Devil Jin and Kazuya in his Devil form

thats all in the OP man lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
In other news, Kotobukiya are showing their Hwoarang, Julia, Ling, and Lili Designs:

ikWqwzNv9yEXV.jpg

inMtFYBDdsPUK.jpg

isPvNKK1xOJZI.jpg

iCob87sVsy96k.jpg

Harada really going all Itagaki with the female characters in Tekken

It's not Harada, it's just Shuunya Yamashita's figure designs. Any character the guy designs for a figure is instantly made 10 times more perverted than normal, LOL. Surprised to see Hwoarang in there.

CSX

Should I be expecting a ton of future ling players when the full game is released on consoles?

I might just learn Ling if i get bored of the other three characters

Sayah

Should I be expecting a ton of future ling players when the full game is released on consoles?

I don't think a lot of people play as Ling. Her movements are good for mixups (back stance to front stance, roll grabs, attack cancel into grab, etc) but may take time getting used to. At least this is what I know from the little that I've played with her in T6.

Sayah

I think there's enough time to roll even if hits grounded.
People mash too much, as in tech without thinking. As an T2 Lei player I mostly roll with D1, tech only if someone's eager on okizeme.

As for PS3 TxSF, maybe decent version at end of PS3 support and Superb version for PS4.
Someone asked on twitter how advanced was TxSF development few months ago, Harada said 2%, because really he was just planning the roster etc.
So if rumors of next gen in 2012 are true then I'm pretty sure TxSF could end up on them, even if development started on PS3.
It may be possible with Lei, though, if the original character continues the combo in some way. That's where the experimenting comes.

I also often tech just in hopes of getting lucky and avoiding a combo.

LowParry

Ling is one of my mains ;) Along with Kaz. So I get the good match up options. Devil Jin is a good alt. And Alisa I don't really care to play.

Amagon

Hey, is the Tekken Hybrid LE gonna be "limited" or will it stick around for a while? Really want to get it but have to wait next week for it. :\

It's not Harada, it's just Shuunya Yamashita's figure designs. Any character the guy designs for a figure is instantly made 10 times more perverted than normal, LOL. Surprised to see Hwoarang in there.

Hworang is actually really popular amongst fans for the same reasons say, Lili and Xiaoyu are. It doesn't surprise me he got a figure.

AAK

Hey, is the Tekken Hybrid LE gonna be "limited" or will it stick around for a while? Really want to get it but have to wait next week for it. :\

I assume there will still be some LE's around since that was the case with Tekken 6. BUT I'm not sure if retailers are going to stock as many this time around but my educated guess says that LE's might still be around for the upcomming months.

Anyone have any information on if the arcade version coming to the west after the testing at Super Arcade ?

Actually, no testing was done specifically. Just the network was set up and then there hasn't been any notice. I assume there will be some updates once Tekken Tag actually releases in all of the pacific countries like Phillipines, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, etc. Then I think we'll get some news about this hopefully.

I plan on picking up Ling for Hybrid :) Her and probably Devil Jin.

Masamuna

Loving Leo being that high up on the tier list. I'm very far behind on news but what have they changed about her? And although outdated I heard Yoshi was/is extremely solid in tag 2. What happened with that?

AAK

Loving Leo being that high up on the tier list. I'm very far behind on news but what have they changed about her? And although outdated I heard Yoshi was/is extremely solid in tag 2. What happened with that?

Yoshi was brutally powerful during the original location tests in Korea. Both him and Marduk, but they got nerfed throughout the future location tests and were regular by the time all the American players got their hands on it during Comic-con.

As for Leo... here's a bunch of her changes:

New Moves/ Property Changes
-d/f+1, 2 : Extension to d/f+1. M,H. Slight push back. KND. Safe?
-d/b+3 : Evasive, high launcher. Taggable. *NOT FROM BOK STANCE* Seems safe on block. Crushes highs and possibly some mids. Major Pushback.
-b+4, 1+2 : NCc, Good push back, Wall splats, -14 on block?
-3, 2, 3 ~ b : New cancel. Cancels the last 3. (d/b+4, 1 and u/f+4 mixup afterwards?)
-3, 2 ~ d : New transition BOK. Possible juggle filler?
-b+3, 1 ~ d : New transition into BOK.
-qcf+3+4 : New, homing move. M,M. Possible juggle filler?
-BOK 1, 2 : New extension to BOK 1; NC;[BOK 1], 2 launches on CH; Safe?; Can be used mid-juggle.
-qcf+3, 1, 2 : New Property Change, Last hit knocks down like d/f+1, 2

Unconfirmed Move Changes
-d/f+3 : Looks slightly faster.(IMO)
-f+1+2 : -13 frames on block
-qcf+1 : Plus frames on hit.
-KNK 1 ~ d : Seems to recover a bit quicker than before. This goes for all the transitions into BOK.
-d/f+2+3 : +1 on hit?
-KNK 1, 2 : Frame or two faster?
-KNK 2 : Looks a bit sluggish, unless the guy is not pressing 2 fast. If not, a frame slower? *Link shows KNK 2 two times* (Info for changes are coming very slowly, work with me here...)

Taggable Lauchers
d/b+3
BOK 2
WS 2
f, f+4, 3
f,f+1+2

Nerfs
[f, f+4, 3] 4 : Trips like CH d/b+4.
BOK 1 : No longer stuns.
b+4, 1+2 : Pushback got nerfed from earlier builds. (Slightly?)
-Before
-Afterwards
KNK 1 : Is now a H, duckable.

Thanks to Fr0Zen from TZ.com

EDIT: GAH! Rage! a number of images in my OP are from tinypic!!!!! NOOOO!!!! :( Back to work

CSX

picking up my copy tomorrow :D

Well Im joining all of ya and try learning Ling

All i know is ws2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 22

what else is there to use ?

Masamuna

Yoshi was brutally powerful during the original location tests in Korea. Both him and Marduk, but they got nerfed throughout the future location tests and were regular by the time all the American players got their hands on it during Comic-con.

As for Leo... here's a bunch of her changes:

Much thanks for the Leo info. Really can't wait to play her again. Hope the nerfs to Yoshi weren't too bad, still thinking about playing him (or Lei or Feng).

Tizoc

thats all in the OP man lol

Oh will check it out then, thanks.

BTW the demo is 1 GB-ish and is installed onto the PS3 so I'd say the visuals only look like that because it's a demo.
They're prob. still working on getting it to run properly on the PS3.
Still the visuals in the demo looked nice~

Hmmm how about these then? Here are some ideas If your rockin a Devil Kaz and Devil Jin team.

Tag Assaults - DVJ EWGF or sidestep+2~5 Kaz 3,1,4 db+2 f,n,d,df+4,1
Tag Combos - DVJ ws+2 ff+3,1~ff 1 df+1,2~5 Kaz f,n,d,df+4,1
Tag Throws - Either DVJ or Kaz do ff+1+2~5

Top Bottom