• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

SkylineRKR

This is rather good stuff. TTT2 Prologue isn't the most beautiful game out there, but as Tizoc said its probably being downgraded as its just a gigabyte. The CGI quality looks worse than Tekken 6 as well. You can now set the display to Arcade which changes the HUD so that I can't see the whole thing on my telly.

Not too hot on the lineup, I'd rather had normal Jin and Kaz instead of these Devil incarnations but oh well. Gameplay and input feel more accurate than Tekken 6?

TTT1 is one hell of a conversion. It looks brilliant for a Ps2 HD game. This should really have online play and be thrown on PSN for 10 bucks or so.

demigod

Anyone know if the LE is worth getting for the art book? Never played TTT so I don't know if the soundtrack is good at all.

AAK

I just got the LE! Packaging is awesome

Bad news: Art book is HORSE SHIT! Full of CG and stills from the movie and the game. Literally ONLY 4-5 pages of actual freiking artwork.

Good News: Soundtrack is BLISS

27 tracks for TTT and 28 for TTT2 :)

Still @ School can't wait to get home and try it!

I just got the LE! Packaging is awesome

Bad news: Art book is HORSE SHIT! Full of CG and stills from the movie and the game. Literally ONLY 4-5 pages of actual freiking artwork.

Good News: Soundtrack is BLISS

27 tracks for TTT and 28 for TTT2 :)

Still @ School can't wait to get home and try it!

Shame to hear about the art book, but yeah, I was mainly getting it for the soundtrack CDs.

Anyone get the Tekken Hybrid Madcatz stick?

MightyKAC

Shame to hear about the art book, but yeah, I was mainly getting it for the soundtrack CDs.

You mean the Namco TE stick included with the bundle Pack?

I ordered it (my first real stick WOOO) but it won't be here for a while since I live in Japan.

CSX

Tag 2 soundtrack got everything but those bonus tracks

holy shit does alisa suck now. cant backdash, her db3 got slow ass recovery.

IM RAGING NAMCO

and i keep on accindentally pressing the tag button...

i hope you guys get really good at pressing f1+2 otherwise you will end up doing that universal tag assualt when you dont want to :\

Now i need to kick the habit of mashing buttons during tag assualt

CSX

This is rather good stuff. TTT2 Prologue isn't the most beautiful game out there, but as Tizoc said its probably being downgraded as its just a gigabyte. The CGI quality looks worse than Tekken 6 as well. You can now set the display to Arcade which changes the HUD so that I can't see the whole thing on my telly.

thats weird. I set it to arcade and i see everything. Everything is just bigger (timer, life bars, etc)

I ordered it aswell in the Extreme bundle, the same day it was announced...still haven't even gotten shipping notification yet on it or anything. Hope it gets delivered today, but not holding my breath. Would love to have it for teh holiday weekend.

SkylineRKR

If the movie is as shitty as the devil costumes i'm in for a real treat by the way.

thats weird. I set it to arcade and i see everything. Everything is just bigger (timer, life bars, etc)

You're playing on a screen thats bigger than 42 inch by any chance?

AAK

OH MAN Tag assaulting is so so so fun!

But damn at the new Devil designs, I don't mind them artistically but it's so difficult to differentiate them!

AND I'M DONE WITH THE OP!! I originally wanted to have it done before prologue but I'm 24 hours late :p

Added sections for:

Strings
Juggle starters
Minor Stuns
Stuns
Running
Throw Transitions
Stances
Unblockables
Counters

Updated:

Grapples
Tag Combo's
Tag Crash

GrayFoxPL

But damn at the new Devil designs, I don't mind them artistically but it's so difficult to differentiate them!

AND I'M DONE WITH THE OP!! I originally wanted to have it done before prologue but I'm 24 hours late :p

Added sections for:

Strings
Juggle starters
Minor Stuns
Stuns
Running
Throw Transitions
Stances
Unblockables
Counters

Updated:

Grapples
Tag Combo's
Tag Crash

Oh man, I see so many errors in the OP I can barely count them all!
It's tragic, absolutely tragic! Almost everything must be redone!

Gotcha!
Your devil gene woke up for a minute didn't it? :D
Awesomely hardcore OP!

CSX

ewgf ewgf db2

*looks for bound*

"WTF"

"OH ITS DEVIL JIN??!!!"

cant tell the difference whatsoever between the two devils.

quick tips for pad players

1. keep your fingers THE HELL away from that tag button. Prevents those accindental tags till needed.

2. if you are going for a tag assault, only start jamming on the tag button ONCE YOU SEE THE BOUND MOVE ANIMATION. this prevents the accindental 2+5 or an unwanted tag

Meh.

Guess I'm not in the Tekken state of mind. I need to read up on how to do what and when and why. I'm not a tekken fan because of its system and mechanics.

I miss the ol' days I guess. If that mentality from Namco still existed we'd have evolved characters and movesets and environments. Instead, they just scrapped all creative thinking in favor of randomly bringing nearly everyone back in T5 and T6 with uninspired and retreaded designs.

But that's cool. We have ways to extend combos even longer because that's what the hardcore fans want. So fun to watch too! Sarcasm.

/rant

Edit: boy do I sound bitter. Guess I'm more upset about my lack of interest than I am with the series...? That and the non-existent evolution in character art and design.

Meh.

Guess I'm not in the Tekken state of mind. I need to read up on how to do what and when and why. I'm not a tekken fan because of its system and mechanics.

I miss the ol' days I guess. If that mentality from Namco still existed we'd have evolved characters and movesets and environments. Instead, they just scrapped all creative thinking in favor of randomly bringing nearly everyone back in T5 and T6 with uninspired and retreaded designs.

But that's cool. We have ways to extend combos even longer because that's what the hardcore fans want. So fun to watch too! Sarcasm.

/rant

Edit: boy do I sound bitter. Guess I'm more upset about my lack of interest than I am with the series...? That and the non-existent evolution in character art and design.

I'm semi with you there. In terms of design/story, the series needs a style redo. Tekken 3 was the last great story reshift and I think Tekken 7 needs to do a Tekken 3. Tekken 4 tried really hard to set a new mood for the series (which I loved) but due to bad gameplay got the bitter end of the stick :(

I'm semi with you there. In terms of design/story, the series needs a style redo. Tekken 3 was the last great story reshift and I think Tekken 7 needs to do a Tekken 3. Tekken 4 tried really hard to set a new mood for the series (which I loved) but due to bad gameplay got the bitter end of the stick :(
Aesthetically, the games are starved. I liked the real world martial arts tied to interesting characters. WTF at pop princess dance beatdown fighting style? Or super animu pink haired robot tween with chainsaws?

I get that SF has had the same designs forever and no one cares about the story. I didn't want Tekken to become as stale in that regard.

Also disappointed at the slowdown in 3D in ttt2 and no 1vs1 in ttthd. LMAO @ saving just for unpausing. This game is going to be a UI turd like T6 isn't it? Oh... and yuck. You know something went wrong when snow castle looks better in a 5+ year old, last gen game than its newest iteration.

Aesthetically, the games are starved. I liked the real world martial arts tied to interesting characters. WTF at pop princess dance beatdown fighting style? Or super animu pink haired robot tween with chainsaws?

I get that SF has had the same designs forever and no one cares about the story. I didn't want Tekken to become as stale in that regard.

Also disappointed at the slowdown in 3D in ttt2 and no 1vs1 in ttthd. LMAO @ saving just for unpausing. This game is going to be a UI turd like T6 isn't it? Oh... and yuck. You know something went wrong when snow castle looks better in a 5+ year old, last gen game than its newest iteration.

saving from pausing 0_0

:( makes me sad. I played more T6 on my PSP than on my home consoles due to the UI and saving shit... the PSP one ran like butter.

Sayah

Where can I listen to the soundtrack? Youtube searches have mostly resulted in fan remixes. :p

It was posted on an earlier page. RIGHT HEEEEERE.
The Intro Massive Mix, Aim to Win (listen to regular, not Long Edit), Strongest Iron Fist Arena, School (After School Mix), Moonlit Wilderness, Wayang Kulit, among others, are some of the best.

Sayah

ewgf ewgf db2

*looks for bound*

"WTF"

"OH ITS DEVIL JIN??!!!"

cant tell the difference whatsoever between the two devils.

quick tips for pad players

1. keep your fingers THE HELL away from that tag button. Prevents those accindental tags till needed.

2. if you are going for a tag assault, only start jamming on the tag button ONCE YOU SEE THE BOUND MOVE ANIMATION. this prevents the accindental 2+5 or an unwanted tag

Isn't there a way to let it select their second (original) costumes?

Sayah

Why all the pessimism? Hybrid is just a demo. lol.
I'll go out on Black Friday and see if I can get a good deal for it. Otherwise, I'll just buy it at full price I suppose and delay my UMvC3 purchase further. :/

Added sections for:

Strings
Juggle starters
Minor Stuns
Stuns
Running
Throw Transitions
Stances
Unblockables
Counters

Updated:

Grapples
Tag Combo's
Tag Crash

AWESOME. A+++

AAK

OMG Tag Assaulting is such a rush!

Oh man, I see so many errors in the OP I can barely count them all!
It's tragic, absolutely tragic! Almost everything must be redone!
Gotcha!
Your devil gene woke up for a minute didn't it? :D
Awesomely hardcore OP!

You conniving man! I really wanted to do THIS to you!

ibzXVLJG94GIdo.gif

:p

Although I agree with some of the complaints, saving after each pause menu is lame. And WOW TTT is such a thrilling game. I envy the previous generation that had this title!

AWESOME. A+++

Next time any fool decides to trash Tekken claiming it's shallow or just a Masher's dream with no depth... Just link the page ;)

AAK

you never played TTT? or you just remember it?

I never played it properly. Didn't have any arcades near me and wasn't an early PS2 adopter. By the time I got the PS2, Tekken 5 was releasing so I for TTT I touched it here and there but never got to really enjoy the game.

The gathers I had then after were mainly for Tekken 5 and onwards.

I never played it properly. Didn't have any arcades near me and wasn't an early PS2 adopter. By the time I got the PS2, Tekken 5 was releasing so I for TTT I touched it here and there but never got to really enjoy the game.

The gathers I had then after were mainly for Tekken 5 and onwards.

K cool. Yeah, I didn't have many arcades around me at the time, but the one I did go to had TTT setup and I loved the times I had with it. Very exciting and mind blowing for me at the time.

Sayah

Next time any fool decides to trash Tekken claiming it's shallow or just a Masher's dream with no depth... Just link the page ;)
Will do. :p
Your gifs are really a revolutionary way of making threads. At least I haven't seen other threads here follow that setup.

consoul

Just started playing TTT2 Prologue. Thought it looked OK in 3D but fast camera movements (during throws for example) were a bit hard to take. Switched back to 2D expecting a much sharper picture but was disappointed to find the 2D sub-HD too. The less-than-stellar image quality is made all the more obvious by the pre-fight (loading screen?) character animations being true 720p. The drop in resolution when the game engine kicks in is quite jarring.

Instead of searching and in an effort to have you guys convince me to appreciate it more and contribute to this excellent thread, I'd like to ask if anyone can post basic tag assault's and combos between the 4 characters. I can only land the vanilla assault. Haven't been able to perform my own though I don't even know how to do it. Just bound after a combo, then tag?

Also special tag throws besides the devil double headbutt.

For anyone that has Tekken Hyrbid, or can just answer this question in general:

Me and a friend want to split Hybrid. He has a PS3, but I do not. I do have a standard blu-ray player though.

Could I put the Tekken Hybrid disc into my blu-ray player, and play Blood Vengeance? Can my friend simply install the disc to this PS3 hard drive? I'd prefer to play the movie whenever I want, but he'd like to have the game portion of the disc.

You can install TTT1 and TTT2P to the hard drive but the disc needs to be in to run the things bah.

And dear lord getting right down to TTT1 is so fun and freaking frustrating. I always thought of it as the game of just down right quick and easy competitive fun and without the randomness of the later games. Major plus is that I don't have to unlock everyone again. :D

CSX

Instead of searching and in an effort to have you guys convince me to appreciate it more and contribute to this excellent thread, I'd like to ask if anyone can post basic tag assault's and combos between the 4 characters. I can only land the vanilla assault. Haven't been able to perform my own though I don't even know how to do it. Just bound after a combo, then tag?

Also special tag throws besides the devil double headbutt.

here take my Devil Kazuya and Devil Jin TA combo (nonwall)

Kaz is active character

ewgf ewgf f1 db2~5 (DVJ) ff31, ffN , b4 (Kaz) f3

i dont use Ling but if you are going for alisa/Devils team

you would do some sort of multiple hit string with alisa and end it with a far reach string from the Devils

Can anyone plese check if there is a DVJ laser tag throw when you have Devil Kaz on your team!!?

SkylineRKR

K cool. Yeah, I didn't have many arcades around me at the time, but the one I did go to had TTT setup and I loved the times I had with it. Very exciting and mind blowing for me at the time.

TTT Arcade was excellent. It may have looked like shit even back then (outdated Tekken 3 arcade graphics), but the gameplay was godly. The Ps2 version was an impressive upgrade but I had to deal with a 50hz version so I continued the arcade game anyway.

My ideal Tekken would be a mixture between this and Bloodline Rebellion and TTT2 seems to be it.

CSX

man all this talk about going to arcades to play TTT makes me feel like a child

I think i was in 2nd grade when i first played Tag on the PS2

LowParry

So after doing some time with Hybrid, I gotta say, the TTT HD is fantastic. And bowling is even better. So much memories of playing this game with friends. The movie I'll get to whenever. The TTT2 demo is strange. I hate how you can't alternate costumes on your own. But the way the game flows feels so different from T6. It looks good I thought. Now back to bowling, then some KOF actiooooooon!

I'm doing the noob assault starter and having fun experimenting. Just noticed that I retain movement control of the primary character. Pretty cool. Wish there was a practice mode...

noodalls

Posted by me on TZ.

Testing with my homemade PStick, and Hauppauge HD PVR. Some of this may be +- 1F, very difficult to analyse without hit analysis and command capture.

Standard tag
Standard tag animation takes 45 frames. Able to block attacks after F45. Tagging in character appears on F10 (lifebars swap over), vulnerable from this time. Tagging out player vulnerable until F21.

Can enter attacks from F30, jabs hit on F40. Sidestep input accepted on F30, doesn't begin until F46.

Tag assault
Hits on F21.
-18 on block
Tag assault partner can attack from F60 (jabs hits F70. 5 frame buffer windows exists).
Next attack by original character input F82.

Attacks input on F104 will allow original character to return
Attacks input on F105 or later will cause TA partner to remain.

Wall tag
Wall tag animation takes 45 frames. Able to block attacks after F45.
Tagging out character vulnerable until F17.

Tagging in character vulnerable from F18 (can sometimes hit both, harder than standard tag). Airborne until F30, grounded from F31. .

Can enter attacks from F30, jabs hit on F40. Sidestep input accepted on F30, doesn't begin until F46.

Tag Crash
Other character comes in F2.
i16
55F animation (followup jab hits F65 ASAP).

Top Bottom