• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

CSX

any DVJ players know how players are landing that df324 after ff31 on tag assault combos?

do you have to be at an angle or you gotta input it as fast as possible?

any DVJ players know how players are landing that df324 after ff31 on tag assault combos?

do you have to be at an angle or you gotta input it as fast as possible?

You have to first side step to your character's right to get ff+3,1~ff, d/f+3,2,4 to combo.

Anyways, new Arcadia magazine is out as of yesterday-ish.

Mentions that Solo players get 230 total health for their one character while tag teams get 165 health for each character. There's also a interesting tier list in there....

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122849&perpage=20&pagenumber=42

RangersFan

That should be everything. But the packaging had specific things within. There was a box inside the main box for the arcade stick... and there was another specially designed cardboard separator that allows you to fit the artbook and game within it. I had the PS3 version and it came with a USB dongle for the wifi to connect.

hmmm i think i'm remembering things wrong. cause i'm searching everywhere and i still have found a different mic adapter other than the rock band ones, maybe it didn't come with it. i have all the original packaging and art book i should be fine i guess.

Sayah

Just faced a Paul player online who did nothing else but the phoenix smasher, lol. And he had voice chat on and imitated paul's grunt every time he did it too. I heard so many OOOOORRROOO's.

CSX

Just faced a Paul player online who did nothing else but the phoenix smasher, lol. And he had voice chat on and imitated paul's grunt every time he did it too. I heard so many OOOOORRROOO's.

That is the greatest kind of paul player lol

LowParry

OOOOOOSH! -stare madly at the screen-

Oh Paul. D 1+2 all day. :D

Sayah

Nuuuuu, with Paul. Ling you could just X Marks the Spot abuse.

Edit: Which still shocks the bejeezus out of me that X can now bound in TTT2. Blows my mind.

Ah, okay. I thought you might have been referring to the phoenix stance as being capable of escaping the phoenix smasher, which I'm actually not sure if it can. Will have to test it. :p

And yes, I'm really glad they made X-marks the spot a bound move. I wish I was an expert xiao player but her whole play requires super super crazy mixups, cancels and the like.

LowParry

Ah, okay. I thought you might have been referring to the phoenix stance as being capable of escaping the phoenix smasher, which I'm actually not sure if it can. Will have to test it. :p

And yes, I'm really glad they made X-marks the spot a bound move. I wish I was an expert xiao player but her whole play requires super super crazy mixups, cancels and the like.

Lots and lots of pokes and mix ups.

Which reminds me something about Lili. A new cancel I saw her do with her QCF 1, 2 move. I believe you can cancel it into her back stance (not sure what the notation would be. I'd guess it'd be the same with Ling with a b, b motion).

LowParry

Lili sucks with pokes. All her moves are so predictable too.

She seems to track movement quicker than other characters. The wife mains her so when I watch her play online, she has this method of a sort of precise side step which opens up a launcher and combo kill. I really don't know what it is about her in that regard (except her f, f 4 is godlike). She's a great character in 6. I'm not sure how she'll be in TTT2.

CSX

She seems to track movement quicker than other characters. The wife mains her so when I watch her play online, she has this method of a sort of precise side step which opens up a launcher and combo kill. I really don't know what it is about her in that regard (except her f, f 4 is godlike). She's a great character in 6. I'm not sure how she'll be in TTT2.

losing that trip on her low sweep kick makes her more bearable to play against :p

Pisses me off whenever i let it connect.

my thoughts are always "ITS SLOW BUT I DONT DUCK IT EFFFFFFFFF"

zlatko

Banned
I just realized in my avatar that the background Bob image has his eyes dooing googly ass weird shit. Derp face and a half hahahaha.

zlatko

Banned
Here's some early interesting information:

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/04/29/ttt2-unlimited-tiers-and-damages-from-arcadia/

The current Japan tier list is as follows:

S – Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi
A – Nina, Feng, Steve, Bob
B – Lars, Leo, Jinpachi, Armor King, Jack6, Bryan, Hwoarang, Dragunov, Lee
C – Marduk, Jaycee, Bruce, Lei, Ganryu
D – “the rest”
uncertain – Ling, Miguel, Paul

Seems all the characters I like are strong up. This is good to hear.

LowParry

Seeing Ling as "uncertain" has me hopeful she'll fall around the B grade of tier. I hate lists like this anyway but it is still interesting to see.

notworksafe

Tekken tiers are so tight that it really doesn't matter much to me. I play who I like and usually end up doing pretty well for myself.

Also, Mishimas are S tier? Color me surprised! :p

Degen

I'm really liking what I've seen of Jaycee so far. She has a lot of modified versions of King's signature moves, but her overall style could still complement King really well. Might be a solid pair to work with.

Team "My partner kicked me in the nuts in the intro"

Ogre/Jinpachi team is obligatory.

Here's some early interesting information:

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/04/29/ttt2-unlimited-tiers-and-damages-from-arcadia/

The current Japan tier list is as follows:

S – Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi
A – Nina, Feng, Steve, Bob
B – Lars, Leo, Jinpachi, Armor King, Jack6, Bryan, Hwoarang, Dragunov, Lee
C – Marduk, Jaycee, Bruce, Lei, Ganryu
D – “the rest”
uncertain – Ling, Miguel, Paul
hey guys i decided to drop everyone and pick up the mishimas any strats??

BHK3

Banned
I'm really liking what I've seen of Jaycee so far. She has a lot of modified versions of King's signature moves, but her overall style could still complement King really well. Might be a solid pair to work with.

I heard there's this really tricky move where you hold up and hold the kick button and there's gonna be like electricity everywhere and you do like 5 kicks.

It's really good to do that when the opponent knows your gonna do it

Sayah

This image is one of my favorites from Tag 2. The looks on Marduk and AK's faces make it even more funny.
tekken-tag-tournament-2-screens-20110218114030515_640w.jpg
This is also hilarious.

And I don't really care for tiers in Tekken. I don't think they matter that much in Tekken's current form.

I pick Lili sometimes but usually lose with her lol.

GrayFoxPL

Wonder what pairs will have good "chemistry".

I mean eg I plan to put Jin and Lee team but will they work well? Who knows if something crazy like Leo and Beak would work better.

Sayah

^
It's all gonna require experimenting on your own once you get the game, I guess. I plan to test out Jinpachi/Jun as a team. Really hoping they work out together.

Sayah

I would like Alex to not be a Roger clone. Hoping they give him his own unique moveset if he's added to the roster. Gon and Dr. B would be the master trolls, lol. :p

Sayah

Okay, these images don't show on Michael Murray's Twitter but they show up on this yfrog site. Not sure if these are supposed to be kept secret because all his other images from yfrog show up on twitter except for the two below. TKXSF related?

AAK

Okay, these images don't show on Michael Murray's Twitter but they show up on this yfrog site. Not sure if these are supposed to be kept secret because all his other images from yfrog show up on twitter except for the two below. TKXSF related?

Interesting... Ganny as Ryu, Bob as Ken, and Heihachi as Akuma. :)

It was possible for him to be Akuma in T6 as well:

dbh88X0rAeaZEq.jpg

/Best pic I could find

I'm always hearing that in Tekken tiers don't matter yet i never knew why that is? So what exactly separates an S tier from a D then?

Sayah

Interesting... Ganny as Ryu, Bob as Ken, and Heihachi as Akuma. :)

It was possible for him to be Akuma in T6 as well:

/Best pic I could find

Wow, didn't know Heihachi had Akuma customization items in T6. Nice.

I'm always hearing that in Tekken tiers don't matter yet i never knew why that is? So what exactly separates an S tier from a D then?

Skill matters a WHOLE lot more in Tekken than any type of tiers. Your ability to anticipate attacks, punish properly and use your characters mind game potential to the fullest will determine victory. It doesn't matter who you pick, whether D tier or S tier, skill is more important. You could essentially pick any character from the roster and still be legitimately good or great.

I'm not exactly sure how these people come up with S, A, B, C, and D tiers, though. I'd assume it has to do with the amount of options a character has. Hwoarang in vanilla Tag 2, for instance, was S-tier simply because he could abuse his unblockable in juggles. Whatever their system of making these tiers up, it essentially doesn't matter b/c tiers don't really determine anything in Tekken. lol People aren't suddenly going to start using Heihachi, DVJ and Kazuya just because they are s-tier. Character balance is pretty great and any sort of abusable moves (like the aforementioned Hwoarang unblockable) gets patched or fixed before console release.

AAK

The best way I can answer this is that Tekken is very unique in the fact that backdash and movement beats everything. No matter how good a character like Heihachi will be with his 10 frame punishes, EWGF's, among other things... there will always be a chance to whiff punish. And even then, there are always things low tier characters have that they can exploit to put up a fight against high tier characters. Therefore, even at the right hands, a low tier character can still win a tournament.

I.e. Bronson playing who is the worst character in Tekken 6 Yoshimitsu against one of the top 5 Tekken players in USA using one of the top 5 characters in the game: Mr.NAP's Bryan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy09YtuixQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnnU7UwcaPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCaipM2-8h0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjOXjGQHBP0

And JFJ pulling out low tiers during top 8 in Final Round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jO-GyqVgQ

AAK

With Tekken Crash coming up as well, I`m gonna be glued to my monitor for weeks! If only we had a date.

Damn, what a tech TRAP! And that`s also only possible with Kazuya`s beam. Gonna steal that :D

GrayFoxPL

Makes me wonder if they'll go early to promote TxSF by adding SF outfits to Tag2 console or even one SF character for test run.

Naah...

GrayFoxPL

That would be pretty dope. Never going to happen but still...

If they went and said: "Let's put our alpha ver. Ryu in there but only in single player modes. Let people test him out and we note their opinions."

..then it wouldn't be so stupid.

Free hype, free test runs.

Top Bottom