• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

LowParry

It still surprises me how there are so many people playing T6 online to this day. And I see there are still people that like to disconnect right before they're about to lose the match. lol

That happens like 75% of time now these days. Pretty lame shit.

GrayFoxPL

It still surprises me how there are so many people playing T6 online to this day. And I see there are still people that like to disconnect right before they're about to lose the match. lol

There's kinda risky way to deal with it. Keeping the match purposely close, so the opponent thinks he still got a chance, the ending it quickly before he unplugs ethernet cable.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There's kinda risky way to deal with it. Keeping the match purposely close, so the opponent thinks he still got a chance, the ending it quickly before he unplugs ethernet cable.

Or just laugh at the little idiot who rage quit in a video game and move onto the next match.

I also find that even if they don't rage quit, they'll send some stupid hate mail afterwards. I love it when someone loses and then sends a message saying "ALL YOU DO IS SPAM YOU HAVE NO SKILL!" LOL.

Sayah

That happens like 75% of time now these days. Pretty lame shit.

It makes people look desperate and pathetic. You can usually tell when you'll get someone like that too. If you see someone with 500 wins and 20 losses, you know they're gonna disconnect.

It would be kind of sad if I had to make that extra effort just to win a match, lol.

Or just laugh at the little idiot who rage quit in a video game and move onto the next match.

I also find that even if they don't rage quit, they'll send some stupid hate mail afterwards. I love it when someone loses and then sends a message saying "ALL YOU DO IS SPAM YOU HAVE NO SKILL!" LOL.

I got a third message today saying I was cheap. Kind of funny.

Sayah

Mess with them and send a stupid response after they rage quit!

I don't usually leave comments but I probably should start, lol.

Anyway, Nina's d,d/f,f+2 is such an amazing move. The forward dash ducks under so many attacks and often ends up punishing the opponent. I'm bitch slapping people all day. :D

The reason I stopped playing so long ago was because those same people would kick me out of rooms, even though it had no impact on their record if they lost. It's a lose/lose situation with them.

Degen

Mess with them and send a stupid response after they rage quit!
oh that's guaranteed.

Also, getting hate mail is one of the best parts of online play. I figure that if they took the time to type out a full sentence with an arcade stick, the least I can do is send them a "lol"

AAK

Jeeze... I lost 10 straight matches against Sayah's Anna & Nina... he truly optimized both of their movelists. That was some truly sick pressure using bad breath as a tech trap at the wall and timing them so perfectly.

At the same time I'm a fool for failing to break out of bad breath or punish a lot of unsafe moves.

At the same time those were some fun matches. :)

Sayah

Jeeze... I lost 10 straight matches against Sayah's Anna & Nina... he truly optimized both of their movelists. That was some truly sick pressure using bad breath as a tech trap at the wall and timing them so perfectly.

At the same time I'm a fool for failing to break out of bad breath or punish a lot of unsafe moves.

At the same time those were some fun matches. :)

^
Thanks. :D

My only problem is that I suck with everyone else besides Nina and Anna, lol. But I suppose that's part of the charm of Tekken. Characters aren't just something you pick up and learn real fast. Takes a crazy amount of hours of play and practice just to get good with one character. It is still beyond me how people are able to use Mokujin's in competitive matches.

Anyway, your blocking is so top notch right now, though. Truly amazing. I had to work extra hard to try to get launchers and juggles in, haha.

BHK3

Banned
^
Thanks. :D

My only problem is that I suck with everyone else besides Nina and Anna, lol. But I suppose that's part of the charm of Tekken. Characters aren't just something you pick up and learn real fast. Takes a crazy amount of hours of play and practice just to get good with one character. It is still beyond me how people are able to use Mokujin's in competitive matches.

Anyway, your blocking is so top notch right now, though. Truly amazing. I had to work extra hard to try to get launchers and juggles in, haha.

There's a trick to mokujin, I remember constantly running into the same one but he always went in order of certain people. First it would be bruce, then asuka/xiayou etc. etc. I don't know how but the order never changed, I guess the guy noticed and mastered bruce and some others.

Sayah

There's a trick to mokujin, I remember constantly running into the same one but he always went in order of certain people. First it would be bruce, then asuka/xiayou etc. etc. I don't know how but the order never changed, I guess the guy noticed and mastered bruce and some others.

Interesting....I didn't know about that.

The reason I stopped playing so long ago was because those same people would kick me out of rooms, even though it had no impact on their record if they lost. It's a lose/lose situation with them.

You can always play with the members here. Nobody will kick you out. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Man, I think I need to get back to TK6. I keep trying to play Tekken characters in SFxTK and it's just not working...but then nothing seems to be working for me in that game. I just can't seem to "get" it.

You can always play with the members here. Nobody will kick you out. :p

Not to mention creating your own room. I do that in just about every game I play.

People also send hate mail when you kick them, though- In SFxTK I kicked a guy from the lobby who was in line to play the next match. Had nothing to do with the matches; his connection bars dropped to 1 bar. I got hate mail anyway, but he was reasonable after I let him know why- turns out he started chatting with someone on Skype.

AAK

Sorry about our match Sayah... my internet died on me. I was having fun... but man Lag is really beginning to infuriate me!!! LOL

I trained myself to break out of Nina's bad breath by holding d so I can stagger on the floor and not get a clean hit by her d/b+3+4. But when I duck or make bad breath completely whiff I know I pressed back to block the d/b+3+4 but the system just doesn't read it in time because of the lag and there goes half my life! The same thing about the punishments... Nina's d+4,1~d_u cancels are negative on block so I should be allowed to WS+4 or jab you and either hit you or force you to block... but the lag doesn't read my input on time and I end getting counter hit with whatever SS move comes out! Same thing with qcf+1 and qcf+2... I am supposed to get a free AKing 2,1 from it but lag doesn't read it and I lose my momentum...

You definitely are better than me, but I shouldn't get decimated that freely either!

/salty :p

Just went to Mishima's since they had a launcher that was 13-14 frames and safe on block that I could spam to try and survive the pressure.

danmaku

I'm having the same problem, people often kick me out of rooms without even playing. I join and then I get kicked instantly. wtf? to avoid that, I play ranked. I don't care about rank, but at least I can play. Lag is terrible, though, I keep messing up even the simplest juggles. I know I'm scrubby, but it doesn't happen when playing against the CPU. I fear that playing online might give me bad habits and screw up my execution.

LowParry

Arcade sticks?

Anything TE you're perfectly fine with. Some of the new Hori types are pretty cool to. But I'd recommend the TE sticks.

Doomshine

I'm having the same problem, people often kick me out of rooms without even playing. I join and then I get kicked instantly. wtf? to avoid that, I play ranked. I don't care about rank, but at least I can play.

You don't have to join rooms to play unranked. You can search for unranked the same way you do ranked. That's what I miss in SCV's online, you have to use lobbies or global colloseo to do unranked matches.

Sayah

Sorry about our match Sayah... my internet died on me. I was having fun... but man Lag is really beginning to infuriate me!!! LOL

I trained myself to break out of Nina's bad breath by holding d so I can stagger on the floor and not get a clean hit by her d/b+3+4. But when I duck or make bad breath completely whiff I know I pressed back to block the d/b+3+4 but the system just doesn't read it in time because of the lag and there goes half my life! The same thing about the punishments... Nina's d+4,1~d_u cancels are negative on block so I should be allowed to WS+4 or jab you and either hit you or force you to block... but the lag doesn't read my input on time and I end getting counter hit with whatever SS move comes out! Same thing with qcf+1 and qcf+2... I am supposed to get a free AKing 2,1 from it but lag doesn't read it and I lose my momentum...

You definitely are better than me, but I shouldn't get decimated that freely either!

/salty :p

Just went to Mishima's since they had a launcher that was 13-14 frames and safe on block that I could spam to try and survive the pressure.

Lag always messes things up. The thing with the poison mist is that I have to do a forward dash and then a backward dash in order to do it. Often times, I anticipate people to duck it, so I mix up with her d/b+2 which can lead to some juggle damage on counter hit. Although, you should definitely be able to easily punish my d/b+3+4 on block but you never do. I think you should use Armor King's u/f+3 or 4 (which ever one does the launcher) every time I use that attack and you block. I believe even her reverse ivory cutter should be punishable with that. I hardly know any frame data to be sure, though.

Although, I don't worry about you punishing my qcf+1 or 2 attacks since the punishment is two quick punches anyway. lol. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her qcf+2. It manages to duck under and punish so many moves. It's especially useful against unsuspecting players that haven't faced my Nina before because it can lead to great damage after they try to "run away" after her d/f+2+4 grab. I feel like I've got people cornered after I do that grab because usually whatever movement action they take, I can lead up to further damage one way or another.

But I can tell you for certain that I am having a harder and harder time trying to punish your attacks and movements.

Degen

Why do I keep going brain-dead online when I see another Bryan's d/f+3 coming...

"oh, that's the--" *LAUNCHED* "...yup." There goes 35%.

I almost feel bad for doing it to other people sometimes. Almost.

AAK

See also, Law's d/b+4 and dragon tail junkyard ender, or Lili's d/b+4. Those things definitely make you question your competency!

danmaku

You don't have to join rooms to play unranked. You can search for unranked the same way you do ranked. That's what I miss in SCV's online, you have to use lobbies or global colloseo to do unranked matches.

Really? lol, I thought the "quick match" option just selected a room automatically.

LowParry

Is everyone playing on PS3? 360? I need to get my list updated with players. I have some Ling and Leo to play. I need the exposure :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yo MarkMan, what is up with the sdtekken site of yours?

http://www.sdtekken.com/?page_id=105

Clicking on any of these images (for the section I want to look at) forwards me to mantasticmagazine.com for some raisins.

Want to get some ideas on which fighting stick I might want to soon get. :3

We're transitioning/updating the site, a lot of this is old data, please use this link for now:

http://www.sdtekken.com/?page_id=108

Or visit our old site: http://sdtekken.wordpress.com !

Sayah

Is everyone playing on PS3? 360? I need to get my list updated with players. I have some Ling and Leo to play. I need the exposure :D

I'm on PSN. I would have bought two copies of this game if I had a 360. Worth every penny. :p

I can play some games right now actually.

Silver_key

Neo Member
oh that's guaranteed.

Also, getting hate mail is one of the best parts of online play. I figure that if they took the time to type out a full sentence with an arcade stick, the least I can do is send them a "lol"

Is hate mail that bad from T6 players? I recently got the game but as I am a high-strung salaryman, I'd rather not be called names during my free time.

Anything TE you're perfectly fine with. Some of the new Hori types are pretty cool to. But I'd recommend the TE sticks.

Yup got that in mind but the shipping to Australia thing often kills the deal for me. :{
Luckily I got access to Qanba Q4RAFs in the neighborhood so I'll probably pick one up.

Anyways anyone on Gypsy's facebook page? The guy that owns the KimChanYang channel on Youtube. Apparently he just posted the Tekken Busters S1E1 magnet link on his profile.

EDIT: Never mind. :)

Doomshine

Is hate mail that bad from T6 players? I recently got the game but as I am a high-strung salaryman, I'd rather not be called names during my free time.

I've probably received more props than hate mail, no joke. I usually just stick to unranked though. Playing this game ranked is a waste of time I feel.

AAK

Yup got that in mind but the shipping to Australia thing often kills the deal for me. :{
Luckily I got access to Qanba Q4RAFs in the neighborhood so I'll probably pick one up.

Anyways anyone on Gypsy's facebook page? The guy that owns the KimChanYang channel on Youtube. Apparently he just posted the Tekken Busters S1E1 magnet link on his profile.

EDIT: Never mind. :)

dblxL7Zx0a9NFp.gif

AAAWWW YEAH!!! I'm contemplating doing an official thread for this in the gaming discussion...

Doomshine

AAAWWW YEAH!!! I'm contemplating doing an official thread for this in the gaming discussion...

Knowing Gaf it will probably struggle to get more than one page, but hey, go for it. If we all help support the thread it might catch on. Hopefully it gets up on Youtube soon.

AAK

I think it's not going on youtube over copyright. That's what gypsy mentioned in his Facebook page. He basically said he's not risking it over fear of his account being suspended. But I think I'll try to upload it online so people can download it...

But crap! Megaupload got shut down! Hmmmm... I dunno, I'll figure something out hopefully.

Mediafire, sendspace, filerio maybe?

Oh and are we even allowed to share it here? I'm going off the image that any mod that comes along will see it and see it as some sort of tv piracy sharing link and have accounts banned. So.... Probably not a good idea.

AAK

It's worth the risk.... Worst comes to worst I'll get a one month ban. :p

I'm just waiting for the link to finish downloading... hopefully it'll have some good material for me to spruce up a thread. Also, does Mediafire or sendspace or filerio offer 2GB uploads?? Or will I have to split the file.

I posted it up on a TTT2 board at GameFAQS. I'll see how they'll take it, not that I lose anything If they don't like it. :p

Oh and not sure on the uploading sites or they're file sizes for uploading. They're just the first ones that pop into mind for free uploading without registration If you need that. I guess Minus also offers video uploading services too If the others don't work out, but last I remember you needed to register friends on the thing for more capacity.

Getting a pretty slow download speed with the thing anyways. Might have to leave the PC on during the night. :[

Degen

Relatively, not at all. Games like MvC3 and SSF4 are where the real magic happens

Online T6 players in 2012 have to factor in the privilege that it is to be able to find online competition at this point. In the newer games, nobody's gonna miss you.

AAK

They're not going to bother anymore with TTT2 console coming in only a few months. They showcased it at the arcade expo in Las Vegas, I guess Namco felt that there wasn't enough interest to make a profit out of a US arcade release.

GrayFoxPL

I've probably received more props than hate mail, no joke. I usually just stick to unranked though. Playing this game ranked is a waste of time I feel.

Definitely not in Europe. Player match is basically training mode before ranked, non-serious low level play. Ranked is hardcore with players having 5000-10000 matches on their single character. Level of play is incomparable.

Doomshine

Definitely not in Europe. Player match is basically training mode before ranked, non-serious low level play. Ranked is hardcore with players having 5000-10000 matches on their single character. Level of play is incomparable.

I'm not necessarily talking about player skill, but the quality of the online.

Someone uploaded Tekken Busters to Youtube, but the video doesn't seem to work. I can watch it embedded here though: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/5/10/tekken-busters-season-1-is-finally-here.html

AAK

I was making some material but in the end it was looking kinda lame LOL. I think I'll just add it to USD's Fighting games weekly thread.

CSX

My good old pelican ps2 to ps3 controller adapter has died. This was the original one that came out during T5DR for ps3. Anyone recommend me a good adapter for fighting games?

I cant do shit on a ps3 pad. Gotta use my crummy ps2 pad xD

Top Bottom