• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

GGs Sayah and Degen it was alot of fun. Solid play all around. I swear Nina is one of my worst matchups. She has so many options that I cant even think. I was in fear for my life all the time, dat poison mist.
One of my favs ever as well.
p1000009qg.jpg

Just one my sticks =)

WOAH THAT ^^^^^ IS HOOOOOT! Is that custom made?
Google search led to this one. Wow.

Wow that stick is pretty sweet!

Mines is a red gum case from Norris Aracde sticks.
http://www.norrisarcadesticks.com/red_gum2.html

I just printed out some okami art and slapped it on. Even put on some brush stroke techniques for the start, select, and home buttons. Excuse the weird frame on the pics, I took them when I my bro got a new camera and I didnt know how to take it off lol.
p1000015z.jpg

Sayah

I may be on later in the afternoon.

PSN: biscuit5001

Ah, couldn't get any afternoon action but I probably will be on later tonight. I'll send you a FR.

Wow that stick is pretty sweet!

Mines is a red gum case from Norris Aracde sticks.
http://www.norrisarcadesticks.com/red_gum2.html

I just printed out some okami art and slapped it on. Even put on some brush stroke techniques for the start, select, and home buttons. Excuse the weird frame on the pics, I took them when I my bro got a new camera and I didnt know how to take it off lol.
p1000015z.jpg
Don't worry about the frame, lol.
This has made me want to get a fightstick. And I know what theme I want it to be whenever I do get it. =)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looking for people to play with on XBL or PSN. I use Alisa, Asuka, and Anna and am ultra-rusty.

XBL: lyte edge
PSN: lyteedge

If you have me as lyteedge2 on PSN, I don't play Namco fighters on that account.

Do you guys use chat rooms on PSN? The old GAF TK6 chat room has been deader than dead for months.

Sayah

Looking for people to play with on XBL or PSN. I use Alisa, Asuka, and Anna and am ultra-rusty.

XBL: lyte edge
PSN: lyteedge

If you have me as lyteedge2 on PSN, I don't play Namco fighters on that account.

Do you guys use chat rooms on PSN? The old GAF TK6 chat room has been deader than dead for months.

I don't think anyone uses the chatroom. I didn't know there was one.

Degen

There was a T6 chat? Lol I bet that died three years ago

I'll get at you, Lyte
It'll be like SSF4, but with command throw spam instead of command... throw... spam
well this guy has a jaguar mask.

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms started it.

I don't know what happened, but before we used to have the SSF4, MvC3, 3s, and even the SC5 chat rooms populated most of the time. Now they're dead. I go on XBL and maybe 1-2 people are playing SSF4 or Marvel.

Nobody is playing SCV, Skullgirls, Tekken, SFxTK, MK, KOF, BB, etc. when I go online on either system.

Sayah

^
Just found out my brother was downloading stuff that made the internet speed drop dramatically. And this is fios, lol.

Still, that was fun. GGs.

And you'll have to try matches again Mighty. My temporarily shitty connection made things worse than they needed to be.

Ah, couldn't get any afternoon action but I probably will be on later tonight. I'll send you a FR.

Don't worry about the frame, lol.
This has made me want to get a fightstick. And I know what theme I want it to be whenever I do get it. =)

DO IT! There's so much Okami art out there that would look great on any stick. If you have a lobby up sometime this week I'll join again. Online or not I just have that itch to play as I still so much I have to learn.

*edit* ohhhh shit, Michelle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7rj5-sP1xg&feature=player_embedded

Jun/Angel confirmed for my main team.

GrayFoxPL

Btw I think that new characters vid was leaked. Kinda random occurrence.

Michelle looks fun but I've seen her new face somewhere before.

I noticed Angel having Lili, DJ, Tag1 Devil and Jun(guess) moves.

Ogre look like he was hitting the gym lol.

Sayah

DO IT! There's so much Okami art out there that would look great on any stick. If you have a lobby up sometime this week I'll join again. Online or not I just have that itch to play as I still so much I have to learn.

*edit* ohhhh shit, Michelle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7rj5-sP1xg&feature=player_embedded

Jun/Angel confirmed for my main team.

I'll have to get myself a better job very soon first so I can afford it all, lol. And I'll probably be playing matches tonight too. :)

And FULLY HYPED for TTT2. Now these new characters are making me rethink team possibilities. Maybe team blonde (Nina + Angel).

Onemic

Just in case the TTT2 DLC thread dies, with all the hype TTT2 is getting lately I've been thinking of getting tekken 6 for the PS3 in anticipation. Is the game any good? And is there still an active online community on PSN at all or has everyone moved elsewhere?

LowParry

Just in case the TTT2 DLC thread dies, with all the hype TTT2 is getting lately I've been thinking of getting tekken 6 for the PS3 in anticipation. Is the game any good? And is there still an active online community on PSN at all or has everyone moved elsewhere?

Still pretty active, and yes, if you want to learn the basics that TTT2 will bring, play T6. And if you're really hardcore, you could pick up Hybrid to play the TTT2 demo and learn how the tag feature functions.

AAK

Lag, the netcode is pretty much equivalent to KOF13's. There are still plenty of people playing online, but they will abuse a lot of online tactics.

But hey a fellow Canadian :) Ottawa here.

Onemic

Lag, the netcode is pretty much equivalent to KOF13's. There are still plenty of people playing online, but they will abuse a lot of online tactics.

But hey a fellow Canadian :) Ottawa here.

hmmm, considering I haven't had any lag issues in KOF so far,(mainly because I refuse to play anone under 3 bars due to all the lag talk) I'm assuming that if someone has at least 2-3 bars lag will be minimal? What are the differences between 6 and 5?(5 and Dark resurrection for psp was the last tekken I played and I was a casual button masher back in my tekken days so I really don't know much about the fighting system)

If I get it maybe you can kick my ass online a few times :D

GrayFoxPL

KOF online runs much worse for me then T6, but each to their own.

T6 introduced bound and all the new juggles with it.
New characters since 5DR: Leo, Bob, Zafina, Lars, Alisa, Miguel.
Interactive stages.
New moves but also some moves taken out from T5 - I'm still angry about this.

AAK

hmmm, considering I haven't had any lag issues in KOF so far,(mainly because I refuse to play anone under 3 bars due to all the lag talk) I'm assuming that if someone has at least 2-3 bars lag will be minimal? What are the differences between 6 and 5?(5 and Dark resurrection for psp was the last tekken I played and I was a casual button masher back in my tekken days so I really don't know much about the fighting system)

If I get it maybe you can kick my ass online a few times :D

4 bars should be the bare minimum where you might have some kind of appreciable video game but you'll still miss punishes, throw breaks, and sidestep. 3 bars can sometimes be tolerable. 2 bars or below it becomes a game of winning the lottery.

Lyte Edge

hmmm, considering I haven't had any lag issues in KOF so far,(mainly because I refuse to play anone under 3 bars due to all the lag talk)

Unless you live in Japan or South Korea, there's gonna be lag and you're just not noticing it. ;P

TK6's online play is better than KOF XIII's. KOF is among the worst...with XIII it's at least acceptable, but a lot of other fighters' netcode just blow it away.

Onemic

Officially picking up T6 tomorrow. So hype since Tekken is my first fighting game I ever owned.(had T3 for the PS1 back in the day) Are there any guides or forum communities to help learn the system and fundamentals of the game?

And what is Tekken Busters? I watched like 2min of it but it's 100% in Korean, but from the youtube comments it seems like everyone understands it just fine.

Sayah

Officially picking up T6 tomorrow. So hype since Tekken is my first fighting game I ever owned.(had T3 for the PS1 back in the day) Are there any guides or forum communities to help learn the system and fundamentals of the game?

And what is Tekken Busters? I watched like 2min of it but it's 100% in Korean, but from the youtube comments it seems like everyone understands it just fine.

People here can probably recommend you to good guides and stuff but I think the best way to learn any fighter is through experience. Start playing online ranked matches or play with members from here. Or even better, find some one good to play with locally. Since you said you don't have much previous experience with the franchise, I will be very straightforward and tell you that you will initially get your ass kicked. I went through the same phase despite playing a lot of Tekken before. :p

At times, you may feel like the game is cheap. It's not. At other times, you may feel like a character is overpowered or cheap for abusing the same move. S/he is not. The point is that you always have counter measures and it's just a matter of learning them and adapting to them. I don't know about all other fighters but this is true for Tekken. Whatever problem you are having, just post here and people will help. You can be certain there will be a solution or remedy for any type of problem you may be having in the game. For instance, know the options you have once you're on ground. Some people coming from 2D fighters into Tekken think all they can do on ground is roll back and forward or get up when instead they may have like 10 other options that could be safer and used appropriately in different situations.

Once you keep going at it and learn the system, the rewards are truly truly satisfying. Spend a lot of time in practice, experiment with combos/juggles, optimize your wall damage, etc etc.

And Tekken Busters is a TV show. Basically, two teams compete against each other in TTT2 until all the players in one team are defeated. Most people are just watching it to watch the competitive level of play. I think usually the first 15 minutes of the show are just spent introducing the teams/people playing. So skip forward and you should be able to watch fights. I'm not a big spectator person myself but I end up watching it because it alleviates my wait for TTT2 and also is another good way to learn stuff.

Edit: Two quick youtube guides:

This is an anti-Alisa guide but it's good for showing how you can punish with the right timing and reactions.
And This is for getting up properly and knowing the options you have once you're on ground.

CSX

To add on what AAK and Sayah, you can also find youtube matches of the characters you are planning to use. This way, you can learn the important moves and juggles and how they are use in certain situations and opponents. Watching matches will also demonstrate the gameplay mechanics that you see in those tutorial vids AAK linked. I recommend doing this after you know your characters' movelists.

But nothing beats real experience :)

Onemic

Well I bought the game today and first thing I did was go online and get my ass kicked in 2 out of my 3 matches. If anyone wants to help show me the ropes and have fun kicking my ass my usernames onem1c on PSN.

Degen

I started with T3 in arcades as a kid and played the whole series, but quit in '09 so I'm catching up a little bit

GGs, man! Solid play. Pretty sure I see your play style right now

Top Bottom