• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

Those special extra costumes for some characters from outside artists? I wouldn't expect that trend to stop, especially since SCV just recently did it.

And huh more collaborashuns, we got some new art from some notable visual artists. Includes a little profile and Q&A session too:

http://tekken.com/wearetekken/gallery

I believe all of that art is contest entries from random fans. Can't believe there's so much already up. Gonna be hard to pick winners.

Edit: or nevermind. Maybe I'm wrong, lol.

Jintor

I just wanted to check something quickly - are there any other fighting games that are released first in arcades and then ported to consoles, at least on as huge a scale as Tekken?

Have they confirmed whether hands/tops and pants/shoes will be separated in the console release? Sucked how certain characters were more customizable than others in T6, but it'll suck even more if everyone's restricted.

I just wanted to check something quickly - are there any other fighting games that are released first in arcades and then ported to consoles, at least on as huge a scale as Tekken?

Virtua Fighter 5, Persona 4 Arena.... King Of Fighters XIII.... I think. Off the top of my head.

Have they confirmed whether hands/tops and pants/shoes will be separated in the console release? Sucked how certain characters were more customizable than others in T6, but it'll suck even more if everyone's restricted.

Not sure yet, the Tekken Net customization shop seems pretty barren for me. But I'm guessing they would since they made more characters have the same types of customization?

AAK

FW once posted a link at the kind of shit people spam on his twitter.

Any lesser man would have long abandoned this fanbase.

salute.gif

to Harada for trooping through and keeping this series as awesome as it is despite the retards.

Degen

Time to spam his inbox with "BRING BACK GON"

When he explains again that Gon isn't a Tekken character and can't come back, my response will be "BRING BACK GON"

now all I need is the will to make a Twitter account

LowParry

Harada should just take some notes from Ono and just troll the fuck at these negative folk. I'd of been happy with an arcade port of the game with no extras to be honest.

AAK

E-Stars Soul 2012 (Korean e-sports tournie) announed that they're inviting one American and 2 Europeans. These invitations will be decided by fan votes:

http://www.estarsseoul.org/Popup/PopOnlinePoll.aspx

The choices are:

US:
Fighting GM, Anakin, FAB, KOR, Crow, JustFrameJames

Europe:
Killerdoll, Malekith, SabreDabre, Harry Potter, Bode, Devil Kazuya, Rikimaru, Wogus, Sandro, Emperor, Sephiblack

Personally voted for GM, Killerdoll, and Malekith.

AAK

Random question to any Tekken fans here, do any of you speak/write any of the following:

-Cantonese
-French
-Spanish
-Portuguese

Gintamen

I hope it's really new: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/2...-response-from-tekken-series-producer-harada/

One of the best lines:
I have even complied to the requests of you all spamming me to "bring back characters" from previous installments. You often say, "let’s show the dev team how sincere we are by buying 2 copies if they bring back character X", but did you really go through with it? Expecting you to at least pre-order the game, I was met with more spam, after you apparently didn’t notice that Jun and Michelle actually return.
Lesson learned, you can never fully satisfy your fans.

AAK

I know a little bit of Spanish.

Awesome, I may hit you up in the future and anyone else about this...just a small idea I had for the TTT2Console OT.

How do people do this in an actual match with pressure my god. Dem OTGFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnLC_hxzcms&t=1m45s

I see you're interested in Omen TGF's ;)

(it's not THAT hard)

I can do them about 80% of the time on 1P side... and like 30% 2P side. This is how I learned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iz7LsaiLA

It's the EXACT timing as Hwoarang's JFSR. And learning Hwoarang's JSFR is easier since he has the f,n,4 motion to get a visual cue on when to input the d/f+4. Once you master the timing for this, you should be able to do an OTGF :)

The goal orientated mindset is actually the best advice anyone can ever give. Major props to Aris for doing this. Also, it seems someone isn't practicing for SCV for evo :p

Sayah

Nice starting guide. I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Although, I don't think anyone needs a mentor to get good at Tekken. That might actually take away from the experience. At least from my experience, it's better when you learn it independently and experiment, explore, discover, etc. your creativity on your own.

How do people do this in an actual match with pressure my god. Dem OTGFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnLC_hxzcms&t=1m45s

I like the stuff I'm seeing with Heihachi.

Awesome, I may hit you up in the future and anyone else about this...just a small idea I had for the TTT2Console OT.

I hope it's not extensive Spanish knowledge, lol. Still, looking forward to seeing what you have coming up.

I hope it's really new: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/2...-response-from-tekken-series-producer-harada/

One of the best lines:

Lesson learned, you can never fully satisfy your fans.

Already posted above. :)

AAK

Although, I don't think anyone needs a mentor to get good at Tekken. That might actually take away from the experience. At least from my experience, it's better when you learn it independently and experiment, explore, discover, etc. your creativity on your own.

A lot of people need their hands held to play through a lot of games. I agree it will dilute the feeling of accomplishment, but it's what made the 09ers jump in I suppose.[/quote]

I hope it's not extensive Spanish knowledge, lol. Still, looking forward to seeing what you have coming up.

It's kinda frustrating, but honestly I doubt I can truly make it special this time around. The reason why this thread worked is because I can wow people with content.

Now that there is a 1 post restriction... the content going in is pretty much going to only have the standard stuff & the only way to wow people is through artistry and stuff... and there's no way with my skills I'll be able to pull off anything of the sort.

So with all that in my mind.... please do keep your expectations low :( And I apologize in advance to anyone else if I don't give this game the royal thread it deserves.

On that topic, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears :)

Sayah

A lot of people need their hands held to play through a lot of games. I agree it will dilute the feeling of accomplishment, but it's what made the 09ers jump in I suppose.

Yes, people definitely have different ways of playing and many people probably definitely would benefit from a mentor. It's just that........I don't like the idea of someone spoon feeding you everything when you could be learning it on your own and having a great experience while doing it. I don't know. Maybe I work differently, lol.

Even to this day, I'm learning new stuff in T6. And if somebody already tells you beforehand, then it's not going to be as surprising or as fun. But I definitely recognize the advantages of having a mentor.

It's kinda frustrating, but honestly I doubt I can truly make it special this time around. The reason why this thread worked is because I can wow people with content.

Now that there is a 1 post restriction... the content going in is pretty much going to only have the standard stuff & the only way to wow people is through artistry and stuff... and there's no way with my skills I'll be able to pull off anything of the sort.

So with all that in my mind.... please do keep your expectations low :( And I apologize in advance to anyone else if I don't give this game the royal thread it deserves.

On that topic, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears :)

I don't understand this whole 1-post business. Nobody's marketing Tekken and the moderators/site owners/whoever need to understand that for games like Tekken, the OP can basically serve as an entire guide showing how to play the game. It benefits the people who will eventually be playing the game aka the members. It's not an advertisement.

And the way you had the gifs setup was truly fascinating and a completely (as far as I know) unprecedented way of going about it. Ask them to make an exception and state the reasons why.

If you are still limited to one post, I guess there might be ways to go around it. Like create a post on tumblr or blogspot or something and have your entire Tekken guide there and then provide the link in your official post.

AAK

Yeah man, It's there for the taking. Copy & Paste it all into the wiki, it's fine by me. It's just that there's a bunch of people collaborating for it, and I'm not sure if there is an agreed format and structure which everyone is abiding by... so until then I really don't want to just interfere and paste all my work undermining what others might like to contribute. From looking at the members registered for updating the wiki, they're far more skilled and versed about Tekken than I am.

I believe Death PM'd me about it on TZ, he has a sort of vision for it (something about it being close to a booklet style thing). Maybe he can elaborate it more here :p.

So yeah, on the topic of the wiki, I give anyone working on it full permission to copy and paste this guide here onto it. And if there are any specific GIFs they want redone or modified I'll try to take care of it.

And finally welcome Death! Just be careful with what you say. Junior members don't get a second chance usually and get permabanned. ;)

And frig it's 4:30 AM and I'm still awake... damn VF5, so addicting.

Degen

I speak terrible Spanish lol

Trying to learn Julia for September. Hopefully I'll be all set when she gets some of King's moves

these "faster" characters and their "mixups" and their "skill requirement"

in my day...

AAK

I'm so excited for EVO. :)

Day 3 TTT2 Exhibition maybe? ;)

I speak a little German, but not much.

Good enough?

I has to do with the banners I'm planning for the OT. I have 9 sections for now, where each section will have it's own banner:

-General Info
-Gameplay
-Characters
-Online Mode
-Offline Mode
-Fight Lab
-Customizations
-Gallery
-Extra's

They all might not fit in the 1 post restriction So I may have to cut down on it. BUT for each the banners, I put a portrait of one character in the Tekken series on it. And under each banner, I just wanted to put a quote of something that character on the portrait would say and somehow link it to the content in the section. However, I wanted that quote to be in the native language of the character. And hence the ones I have for now speak the languages listed above, Leo isn't one of them so sorry no need for German. But thanks for offering.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
My French may be fraudulent, but I wouldn't mind helping out with whatever Lili quote you might want to use for the OT.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Trying to learn Julia for September. Hopefully I'll be all set when she gets some of King's moves.

Is Julia worth learning in Tekken 6 for using Jay Cee in Tag 2 though? I thought they changed her up quite a bit.

I just randomly bought T5:DR on PS3, I wish I didn't suck though. getting my ass kicked online.

btw, what is considered the best Tekken game in terms of balance and competitive play? Is it TTT2? T6:BR? T5:DR? I know it isn't Tekken 4 haha

Degen

Is Julia worth learning in Tekken 6 for using Jay Cee in Tag 2 though? I thought they changed her up quite a bit.

The move list I saw has a lot of her old stuff. I just wanna get familiar with her T6 basics since the new moves already look right up my alley

and why are you never playing

edit
I just randomly bought T5:DR on PS3, I wish I didn't suck though. getting my ass kicked online.

btw, what is considered the best Tekken game in terms of balance and competitive play? Is it TTT2? T6:BR? T5:DR? I know it isn't Tekken 4 haha
Definitely between DR and the final T6 build. Probably the latter, although DR might always be my favorite

The move list I saw has a lot of her old stuff. I just wanna get familiar with her T6 basics since the new moves already look right up my alley

edit

Definitely between DR and the final T6 build. Probably the latter, although DR might always be my favorite

yeah, there's something about DR so far that I'm liking, and I'm not sure what haha..

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Been coming home lately and am just too tired to play any games- Work has been incredibly busy.

Degen

that's what they all say >:eek:

Lol Julia is cheap as hell. I'm using her in Practice and wondering how I'd even block what I'm doing.

I'm not quite sure if Harada is serious with this d+4,1.
easy juggles, the guaranteed-or-your-money-back juggle setups and zero-effort mixups?

Oh my actual god

fake edit: oh and what is this now? qcf+2 uppercuts you into outer space? She just looks down and puts a hand out and you're in orbit. Well okay. But I see where Harada is coming from. Take Jack-6's "powerhouse" gimmick now so no one will blink an eye at the fact that she straight copy/pasted his ram attack in TTT2

Somebody told me she was hard to use. Reeeally now

DEATH™

Yeah man, It's there for the taking. Copy & Paste it all into the wiki, it's fine by me. It's just that there's a bunch of people collaborating for it, and I'm not sure if there is an agreed format and structure which everyone is abiding by... so until then I really don't want to just interfere and paste all my work undermining what others might like to contribute. From looking at the members registered for updating the wiki, they're far more skilled and versed about Tekken than I am.

I believe Death PM'd me about it on TZ, he has a sort of vision for it (something about it being close to a booklet style thing). Maybe he can elaborate it more here :p.

So yeah, on the topic of the wiki, I give anyone working on it full permission to copy and paste this guide here onto it. And if there are any specific GIFs they want redone or modified I'll try to take care of it.

And finally welcome Death! Just be careful with what you say. Junior members don't get a second chance usually and get permabanned. ;)

And frig it's 4:30 AM and I'm still awake... damn VF5, so addicting.

Thanks bro for the authorization... I'll let you know if I already put it on the wiki for you to look and check... I'm gonna put the credits to you...

BTW, about what I PM'd AAK, I'm trying to make a wiki in the model of SRK's with tutorials/chapters divided by page for easy navigation, faster load times (if .gifs are to be included) and more clicks. It's kind of like this. I'm trying to make a more updated chapters and most of the stuff is already on AAK's wiki. I'm trying to make the foundation now, cause when the game launches, everybody will just throw as much info they can in a messy way.

Top Bottom