• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

GrayFoxPL

that's what they all say >:eek:

Lol Julia is cheap as hell. I'm using her in Practice and wondering how I'd even block what I'm doing.

I'm not quite sure if Harada is serious with this d+4,1.
easy juggles, the guaranteed-or-your-money-back juggle setups and zero-effort mixups?

Oh my actual god

fake edit: oh and what is this now? qcf+2 uppercuts you into outer space? She just looks down and puts a hand out and you're in orbit. Well okay. But I see where Harada is coming from. Take Jack-6's "powerhouse" gimmick now so no one will blink an eye at the fact that she straight copy/pasted his ram attack in TTT2

Somebody told me she was hard to use. Reeeally now

Just remember to set cpu to block after first hit or else you might think everything combos. It was very long since I played Julia but d+4,1 doesn't combo on normal hit and is julia's death when blocked. I might be wrong, it was long time ago.

Kellen

I've never played Tekken before but I've always been interested in it whenever I find it on streams and what not. Anyways my little brother gave me a copy of Tekken 6 yesterday; Do people still play that game or is it outdated? I'm not familiar with the titles besides SF x Tekken so I have no idea what the newest version of the game is or what people are currently playing.

Also, are there any other good resources (forums/websites) for a beginner besides the forums here? Thanks for the help.

Doomshine

I've never played Tekken before but I've always been interested in it whenever I find it on streams and what not. Anyways my little brother gave me a copy of Tekken 6 yesterday; Do people still play that game or is it outdated? I'm not familiar with the titles besides SF x Tekken so I have no idea what the newest version of the game is or what people are currently playing.

Also, are there any other good resources (forums/websites) for a beginner besides the forums here? Thanks for the help.

T6 is the latest and best version if you want to practice before Tag 2 comes out, a lot of the fundamentals will still apply. Online is not good though.

MightyKAC

Folks will still be playing T6 pretty much up until the point when TTT2 comes out. So you should still be able to get some games in.

As for online beginners resources look to Rip and his crew for the Level Up Your Game youtube videos for a ground up tutorial on the T6 system and more than a few specific character strategies.

Sayah

Yes, there are still a lot of people still playing T6. You shouldn't have any problem finding matches. Just don't accept matches that are lower than 3 bars to avoid lag. Offline competition is best, though.

Don't bother with Scenario Campaign. And don't quit at the initial phase. So many people get frustrated with the game and then develop negative views toward the series without having fully experimented or explored the game system. Don't do that. :p Just ask questions here with whatever problems there might be. There is always a counter measure. It's a just a matter of knowing it, learning it, and adapting to it.

Oh, and don't mash buttons. It will get you nowhere. I suggest going through the entire command list for whichever character you are using and memorize them as you practice them. Then learn the sample combos at the end. Lili is fairly simple with juggles so I would suggest using her if you are in need of a character recommendation.

AAK

My bad... I just checked, I looked at the recent upload of Gypsy and it was just episode 7 when I thought it was episode 8. That means that he never made the torrent for Episode 8 :(

DEATH™

Is there any way to train my reflexes?

I just played T6 just this afternoon and I started missing punishes that I usually get and and see lows but starting to miss blocking them... It's frustrating that it seem like I can't do some things that I can do before execution wise... I thought first that I just gotta practice but maybe, just maybe, my reflexes are completely deteriorating...

DEATH™

^
^
^
Thanks for that... Tried the test and I was lower than the common median... Gonna try the exercises there...

And yeah, the hardest thing to do with my chars are f3:1+2 (which can be done by just getting the rhythm) and iSW... Pales in comparison to mishimas...

Sayah

DEATH™;39431316 said:
Is there any way to train my reflexes?

I just played T6 just this afternoon and I started missing punishes that I usually get and and see lows but starting to miss blocking them... It's frustrating that it seem like I can't do some things that I can do before execution wise... I thought first that I just gotta practice but maybe, just maybe, my reflexes are completely deteriorating...

This happens with me sometimes but it can depend on several factors. I think reflexes do deteriorate as you age. It can also maybe depend on gender.

I sometimes have bad reactions b/c I may be too tired or sleepy to be paying attention. At other times, it may be something as stupid as my controller being shitty (e.g. I might hit the down key and it might do d/b instead leading to inaccurate punishes). I don't know. Could be a lot of factors.

DEATH™

I saw too much awesome...

Law changed name to marshall law... Miharu in the trailer... Unknown's CGI...

I can't handle it...

-------

@Sayah what do you mean about gender affecting reflexes? Is there any differences?

DEATH™;39433030 said:
^

And yeah, the hardest thing to do with my chars are f3:1+2 (which can be done by just getting the rhythm) and iSW... Pales in comparison to mishimas...

King's wavedash is impossibly difficult. Much harder than Mishimas

Sayah

Pachimari

Guys here are already writing about it on TZ but rumor has it, that if you own Tekken Hybrid on PS3 and TTT2 recognizes a save file, then you'll be awarded Ling and Miharus school uniforms, Devil Jin and Devil Kazuyas movie skins and Shin Kamiya as a skin for Jin Kazama.

They are still awaiting confirmation though.

A Holland stage? Aaaaaaahahahaahahahahahahaa, that's badass, love it when we get repped in games. By the way, at 2:19 I saw Combot doing some button bash DBZ stuff on Jack, do all the characters have moves like these? Would be cool, clashes are pretty intense in a fight.

Sayah

Anyone else think TTT2 deserves best soundtrack of the generation? I don't think I've ever heard so many diverse and addictive tracks in a single game.
That shiz better be real about the Hybrid thing. I still rather have outfits from 4. :(
^
Awesome new avatar. Xiaoyu looks so mature in Tekken 4.

Guys here are already writing about it on TZ but rumor has it, that if you own Tekken Hybrid on PS3 and TTT2 recognizes a save file, then you'll be awarded Ling and Miharus school uniforms, Devil Jin and Devil Kazuyas movie skins and Shin Kamiya as a skin for Jin Kazama.

They are still awaiting confirmation though.

Awesome if true. Although, I don't like the skins for the devils from the movie.
A Holland stage? Aaaaaaahahahaahahahahahahaa, that's badass, love it when we get repped in games. By the way, at 2:19 I saw Combot doing some button bash DBZ stuff on Jack, do all the characters have moves like these? Would be cool, clashes are pretty intense in a fight.

I think that stuff is just for the fight lab. But yeah, I do love the clashes in DBZ games.

Customization should of added All the classic costumes from Tekken 1-6.

I figure TTT series is the best avenue to please the fan's and classic costume would go along way in that.

Pachimari

I am so HYPED for this game, easily my most wanted.

And it couldn't be more perfect. I'm alone the whole month of September, when the game releases, and plan on buying 2-4 arcade sticks and invite a bunch of guys over to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 while drinking. Can't get any better.

I still don't know who my team will be. I mained Wang Jinrei in Tekken 6 but Asuka Kazama has always been the one I would spend most time on since Tekken 5. Though, both Jun Kazama and Michelle Chang are back and boy have I missed them, though they probably won't have any team chemistry. I'm looking at Marshall Law as well, who I loved in Tekken 2 and ever since Tekken 4.

Are we suppose to get some more reveals at this Namco event today/tomorrow?
Harada is at the Japan Expo on July 7, so we probably won't get anything for at least 2 days.

From TZ:

@Filthierich are there going to be any new character reveals between july 6-8. please say there is at least one new female character

@Macus_Maine for Tekken we have something lined up very soon!

source https://twitter.com/Filthierich/sta...672928675676160

EVO 2k hotel booked! TTT2 hands-on plus a few bonus surprises coming as well!!

source: https://twitter.com/Filthierich/sta...202189476474880

Wait, there won't be a 'We Are Tekken' Edition for the UK? But the DLC characters will be available at launch for a limited time? That's according to a UK community manager a TZ poster says.

Hahaha hopefully this'll entertain some of you then!

Here is some lopsided leaks coming from an apparent Namco community worker.

Image leak:
QJUEc.jpg

Dancing, dancing, all the way,
I want to be an official bot.
Dancing dancing again,
like the son with the grandpa...

Sorry friends, I will not answer PMs. I'm here to help you with some info, but I can't tell you directly.

DJD2010 wrote:Clarens, do you work for Namco or something?!

I can't answer to this, but I'm a great fan of Tekken :)

Some users are very very clever and real Tekken fans!

No fake in this little pieces, all are from official artwork. Not retouched colour or situation. I not lie.

In fact, the most "easy" to discover, is slightly leaked in the last TTT2 video.

There are more characters waiting to show than CG artworks done.

Angel
Kunimitsu
Human/Ancient Ogre
Combot
Michelle
- 1st square
- 2nd square
- 3rd square
- 4st square
- Another one without CG yet
=
Make a total of 10 for now, and no one are new characters. All are old friends.
Let's wait for new ones and will make a happy number of characters.

Source: http://www.tekkennation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=9444&start=280

AAK

I see tiger in top right and forest in bottom left..... Maybe miharu in bottom right..... Dr. B in top left????

Pachimari

Top right = Tiger Jackson
Bottom left = Forest Law
Bottom right = Miharu

"I want to be an official bot" = playable Nancy anyone? (Actually forget about this, probably Prototype Jack or Gunjack).

I want Alex and Dr. Bosconovitch to come back also.

But really:

Tiger Jackson = Eddy Gordo
Forest Law = Marshall Law
Miharu = Ling Xiaoyu
P. Jack = Jack-6

There have to be differences if their to be their own characters which they'll be.

By the way, wasn't Mokujin in the latest trailer? He even have official art.
I seriously want Violet to be his own character with his own moveset in Tekken Tag 2.

Top left - Machinery thing, could be P. Jack
Top right - dunno, Dr B's tie? Part of Tiger's clothing?
Bottom left - Forest's Clothing.
Bottom right - Boxing glove so Alex.
You're totally right, they're gonna be Prototype Jack, Tiger Jackson, Forest Law and Alex.

I want Miharu also. =p

It would have been nice with at least one new character for this get-together of known characters. Even if it's Shin Kamiya.

Erigu

You're totally right, they're gonna be Prototype Jack, Tiger Jackson, Forest Law and Alex.
That would be my guess as well. But if the 5th one has no CG yet, that can't be Unknown (her CG can be glimpsed in the latest trailer)... so no playable Unknown?
The "grandpa" bit makes me think of either Dr. Bosconovitch (but didn't Harada say something about a character that's never been playable before? if the last character is Dr. B, the DLC characters have all been playable in previous installments) or the Legendary Capeira Master (but we don't need a 4th capoeirist, do we?)...

I want Miharu also. =p
That would be nice... but there again, she's already been playable before. Maybe there was a change of plans and Harada's hint is no longer relevant?

Pachimari

But who said we'll "only" get those 10 extra characters (Michelle, Angel, Ancient Ogre, Kunimitsu, Combot, Tiger, Alex, P. Jack, Forest Law and the ???) ?

Besides the never before playable character, in the latest trailer Miharu were hinted as well, and I thought sdtekken confirmed Violet as playable some weeks ago?

Pachimari

So 1 hour and 18 minutes until Namco Bandais conference here. Day one of Namco Bandai Japan Expo focused on Bandais line-up while today is focusing on Namcos games. So Tekken will definitely be there in some form, including Harada. Character announcements incoming soon?

Erigu

But who said we'll "only" get those 10 extra characters (Michelle, Angel, Ancient Ogre, Kunimitsu, Combot, Tiger, Alex, P. Jack, Forest Law and the ???) ?
I was under the impression there would be 9 console characters (not including Combot?), based on the character selection screen from a while back, that picture on the official site, and the leak above... but the same guy who leaked those tidbits said something about 14 console characters, so...

Pachimari

Oh yeah that's right, the 9 slots in the character select. Then I hope one of those 4 will be palette swaps and it totally sounds like based on that earlier tweet, that there will be at least one more female character left and Miharu were done in CG in the trailer. I'm just having my hopes hehe.

Pachimari

Alex, Forest Law, Prototype Jack and Tiger Jackson confirmed. Character reveal trailer.

So 3 capoeira fighters?

Now please bring on Miharu, Violet, Unknown and Dr. Bosconovitch. Even thus many of these should probably have been swaps.

4 new stages. Philippines (?), Spain, Paris and Netherlands.

Apparently, Harada confirmed we'll get even more characters.

-----

So the character roster now is:

Paul Phoenix
Marshall Law
Lei Wulong
King (2)
Yoshimitsu
Nina Williams
Hwoarang
Ling Xiaoyu
Christie Monteiro
Jin Kazama