• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Pachimari

I'm a bit worried about the 3 capoeira fighters, actually a little bit about all 4 newly revealed characters, as they play similar to other characters. Also the balance of a huge ass roster.

Dereck

Forest's bound that was shown in the trailer looks so sloppy and lazy, I'm already noticing some differences between him and Marshall.

Sayah

Alex, Forest Law, Prototype Jack and Tiger Jackson confirmed. Character reveal trailer.

AMAZING.

As far as the characters discussion goes, I think a previously non-playable character from Tekken history could be Jane. And I believe there is also supposedly supposed to be a Lili clone as well if we're looking at past rumors.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah! Alex! P.Jack! Forest!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Now who am I going to play??

Steve, Lee, Jin, Leo, Jun, Michelle, Beak, Hwo, Forest, Alex, P.Jack, Ogre, Kuni, Raven.

Whaat. Too much goodness, too much!

None of the new guys are playable. Only ones are angel and kuni.

Mostly happy with the loading in this game. Fast as fuck on both ps3 and 360. Dev units though.

Lemme know if you guys want me to check anything

Mostly happy with the loading in this game. Fast as fuck on both ps3 and 360. Dev units though.

Does it look better than Tekken 6? That was horribly optimized. Also, are there signs of slowdowns? Thanks for checking things out.

Thanks for the info man. Long loading times (even when installed on PS3), poor graphics and netcode were the three things that really bugged me and I'm glad at least two of them are fixed now. :)

Might not be in since its not the final build of the game but if you can then press home and go to photos and see if you can take screenshots like in T6 please.

GrayFoxPL

I announced Alex, P.Jack, Forest, Tiger & NEW stage Spain, France, Netherlands, Philippines. THX for hype. BUT I've MORE Characters & Stages

Harada Twitter.

More characters?

Wtf man. Insanity.

BHK3

Banned
A few months ago I wanted Slim Ogre and P-Jack as characters in Tag 2. A few months ago these were seen as pipe dreams, something that could never happen in a million years.

Today, that last half of that dream came true.

Thank you, Based Harada.

child-crying.jpg

Sayah

Harada Twitter.

More characters?

Wtf man. Insanity.

I NEED THIS GAME NOOOOOW!!!!
I remember when everyone was expecting this game to just be a mere arcade to console port with a Holiday 2012 - early 2013 release date. Tekken team has far exceeded my, and I'm sure everyone else's expectations. They are literally setting the standard of quality very very extremely high for fighters. If they can manage to make excellent netcode, Tag 2 can end up being my game of the generation. The graphics are gorgeous. The stages are greatly varied and pay tribute to various countries. The character roster is being expanded like never before. The music tracks are already the best and most varied that I've heard since I've been gaming. The CG endings are going to be EXCELLENT!!! judging from the recent trailer. The customization already looks top notch and really crazy basing off the Tekken Busters episodes. The gameplay system is going to be one of the deepest ever formed in fighting game history. And the gameplay modes are all there with what seems to be an innovative and fun approach to training with the Fight Lab. Plus, we have fully customizable Combot's now. All other games can be flushed down the toilet after this releases. I expect years of replay value.

Had some time to play fight lab and snapped the main menu

fed8c4c2.jpg

Thanks for your coverage. :)

Please tell me there are separate modes that feature non-customized AI (story) and one for customizations (cpu battle). I hate fighting randomized combatants.

Also... I better not always be signed in as my account name in every mode I play.

MightyKAC

I NEED THIS GAME NOOOOOW!!!!
I remember when everyone was expecting this game to just be a mere arcade to console port with a Holiday 2012 - early 2013 release date. Tekken team has far exceeded my, and I'm sure everyone else's expectations. They are literally setting the standard of quality very very extremely high for fighters. If they can manage to make excellent netcode, Tag 2 can end up being my game of the generation. The graphics are gorgeous. The stages are greatly varied and pay tribute to various countries. The character roster is being expanded like never before. The music tracks are already the best and most varied that I've heard since I've been gaming. The CG endings are going to be EXCELLENT!!! judging from the recent trailer. The customization already looks top notch and really crazy basing off the Tekken Busters episodes. The gameplay system is going to be one of the deepest ever formed in fighting game history. And the gameplay modes are all there with what seems to be an innovative and fun approach to training with the Fight Lab. Plus, we have fully customizable Combot's now. All other games can be flushed down the toilet after this releases. I expect years of replay value.

Thanks for your coverage. :)

Agreed 150%

In my eyes Namco and Harada have delivered on just about everything I could ask for from this game and then some. Pretty much the only thing left for me at this point as far as requests are concerned is god like online (which I'm pretty sure it will be) and a Vita port for to keep from going into Tekken withdrawal on the train and that's it.

We're gonna need a tekken gaf meet up at next years evo. 1st evo for tekken tag 2 is going to be one for the ages, every tekken fan is going to have to make it out there.

Just give me customizable hands and feet like T6 and I will have no complaints lol

Agreed 150%

In my eyes Namco and Harada have delivered on just about everything I could ask for from this game and then some.

Hahaha this. You know, I was fine with the game when it was just the original cast in the arcade version but in a disc so you could play it at home but now, the rest of the new additions is just extras on the side to me. Well it's all for the best I guess, seeing as this will probably be the last time we'll be playing with some of these characters.

--

Anyways I'm bored and IGN just put up gameplay footage splices of the new characters so time to break it down.

Alex
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1z5RaFLqNo
  • Throw where he takes a few bites out of the opponent, left arm came out first so 1 break throw. Probably his 1+3
  • Weird hopping move that turns into a throw. Looked like a CH, so it must work like Lar's b+4
  • Roger's hopkick launch
  • Followed by Roger's f+4,3,2 bound
  • Does the "Rocket stance" wind up that Roger has (b+1+2) into that roll attack to a jumping punch finisher
  • Roger's f+1+2,2 to balcony break
  • Has the old snap kick that even looks like it can be charged. Bounds too.
  • Roger's FC d/f+2 launch
  • Headbutt bound. (Like Roger's d/f+1+2)
  • Annnddd it's that new roll attack to leaping punch finisher again

P. Jack
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XggUlUIGo
  • Video starts off with another 1+3 throw again I think.
  • Jacks ff+1
  • Quick sidestep into a right arm attack that turns into a throw on hit. Sends the opponent away quite a bit.
  • New overhead left attack into rotating right arm attack. Wallsplats.
  • Jack's ff+1, 4 kick & d/f+3+4 shoulder barge at the wall.
  • hilarious P.Jack/Jack-6 tag throw ahahaha
  • New string that starts with a 1 jab and finishes with a right arm strike. Doesn't look like it nc.
  • Oh crap, they gave him the u+1+2 juggle raise. Slightly changed animation
  • Same 2 jab, ff+1 bound then finished up with a new debugger with 2 hits.
  • ss+1 high launcher
  • They gave him back the ol' f+1+2, 1+2

Forest Law
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLihaDuyMFs
  • He has a ff+3 feint into a throw? That sounds like fun.
  • Law's 4,3 to that leaping dragon kick or whatever it's called.... Looks like it has a relatively low hitbox and I don't think I saw a DSS.
  • Tag throw with Marshall Law, looks kinda cool.
  • Same Marshall's d/f+2, 4, u+3, b+2,2 B! combo. Ended with a 4,3 into that leaping kick from earlier.
  • 4,3 into what looks like Marshall's DSS+2 but with a slight animation change.
  • Finishes with Marshall's ff+2,1,3
  • Same as Marshall's u/f+4 that leaves you in crouch
  • He got the older d+2,3 back
  • He even got back that old b+1,2,1 that launches!
  • Marshall's f+1+2 bound attack
  • Ends the combo with the double flip kick.

Tiger Jackson
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsk0KBc-wJ8
  • Has the Capo's FC+1+2, 1+2
  • Got a new taunt
  • He has the capo's ws+2 move but it looks like it transitions into a new stance or attack. He fully handstands upright here
  • New move? Looks similiar to Capo's d+2
  • Capo's d/f+3+4 launch
  • New two hit bound move, looks pretty unimpressive as a bound move imo.
  • The same freaking tag throw that Eddy and Christie have.
  • New jumping launcher (?) that ends with him in HSP
  • Capo's HSP+1 bound move
  • Capo's b+3,3 into RLX 1+2, 1+2
  • Capo's u/f+1+2 B! d/f+1,1, f+2,1,4 combo
  • Capo's 1,2,4,4 Wallbreak, RLX f+3+4 combo

My god they were lazy with Tiger Jackson. He's literally Eddy with a taunt. :p

EDIT: Oh and there's some new screens up:

Pachimari

Hehe, Heihachi Mishima just got announced as a character for the upcoming PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Youtube.

We should add the new characters to the OP, if not by picture, at least by text. And haven't the tiers been updated since November?
Great OP I must say again, I got to read through that extensive guide when I got time to sit down and practice.

Sayah

Agreed 150%

In my eyes Namco and Harada have delivered on just about everything I could ask for from this game and then some. Pretty much the only thing left for me at this point as far as requests are concerned is god like online (which I'm pretty sure it will be) and a Vita port for to keep from going into Tekken withdrawal on the train and that's it.

Yeah, now I just want the online to be really good. I should be able to play near-flawless matches with you just like in VF5FS.

Hehe, Heihachi Mishima just got announced as a character for the upcoming PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Youtube.

We should add the new characters to the OP, if not by picture, at least by text. And haven't the tiers been updated since November?
Great OP I must say again, I got to read through that extensive guide when I got time to sit down and practice.

Wow @ Tekken 5 ending. My chances of buying this game have now increased.

Pachimari

Not a joke, just something I were thinking all of a sudden. But yeah, it's based on the SCV netcode, so it can't go that wrong. :)

Doomshine

Not a joke, just something I were thinking all of a sudden. But yeah, it's based on the SCV netcode, so it can't go that wrong. :)

I hope the big buffer window is not a huge factor in how good the online feels, it is definitely smaller in Tekken than it is in SCV and VF.

GrayFoxPL

Hahaha this. You know, I was fine with the game when it was just the original cast in the arcade version but in a disc so you could play it at home but now, the rest of the new additions is just extras on the side to me. Well it's all for the best I guess, seeing as this will probably be the last time we'll be playing with some of these characters.

--

Anyways I'm bored and IGN just put up gameplay footage splices of the new characters so time to break it down.

Alex
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1z5RaFLqNo
  • Throw where he takes a few bites out of the opponent, left arm came out first so 1 break throw. Probably his 1+3
  • Weird hopping move that turns into a throw. Looked like a CH, so it must work like Lar's b+4
  • Roger's hopkick launch
  • Followed by Roger's f+4,3,2 bound
  • Does the "Rocket stance" wind up that Roger has (b+1+2) into that roll attack to a jumping punch finisher
  • Roger's f+1+2,2 to balcony break
  • Has the old snap kick that even looks like it can be charged. Bounds too.
  • Roger's FC d/f+2 launch
  • Headbutt bound. (Like Roger's d/f+1+2)
  • Annnddd it's that new roll attack to leaping punch finisher again

P. Jack
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XggUlUIGo
  • Video starts off with another 1+3 throw again I think.
  • Jacks ff+1
  • Quick sidestep into a right arm attack that turns into a throw on hit. Sends the opponent away quite a bit.
  • New overhead left attack into rotating right arm attack. Wallsplats.
  • Jack's ff+1, 4 kick & d/f+3+4 shoulder barge at the wall.
  • hilarious P.Jack/Jack-6 tag throw ahahaha
  • New string that starts with a 1 jab and finishes with a right arm strike. Doesn't look like it nc.
  • Oh crap, they gave him the u+1+2 juggle raise. Slightly changed animation
  • Same 2 jab, ff+1 bound then finished up with a new debugger with 2 hits.
  • ss+1 high launcher
  • They gave him back the ol' f+1+2, 1+2

Forest Law
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLihaDuyMFs
  • He has a ff+3 feint into a throw? That sounds like fun.
  • Law's 4,3 to that leaping dragon kick or whatever it's called.... Looks like it has a relatively low hitbox and I don't think I saw a DSS.
  • Tag throw with Marshall Law, looks kinda cool.
  • Same Marshall's d/f+2, 4, u+3, b+2,2 B! combo. Ended with a 4,3 into that leaping kick from earlier.
  • 4,3 into what looks like Marshall's DSS+2 but with a slight animation change.
  • Finishes with Marshall's ff+2,1,3
  • Same as Marshall's u/f+4 that leaves you in crouch
  • He got the older d+2,3 back
  • He even got back that old b+1,2,1 that launches!
  • Marshall's f+1+2 bound attack
  • Ends the combo with the double flip kick.

Tiger Jackson
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsk0KBc-wJ8
  • Has the Capo's FC+1+2, 1+2
  • Got a new taunt
  • He has the capo's ws+2 move but it looks like it transitions into a new stance or attack. He fully handstands upright here
  • New move? Looks similiar to Capo's d+2
  • Capo's d/f+3+4 launch
  • New two hit bound move, looks pretty unimpressive as a bound move imo.
  • The same freaking tag throw that Eddy and Christie have.
  • New jumping launcher (?) that ends with him in HSP
  • Capo's HSP+1 bound move
  • Capo's b+3,3 into RLX 1+2, 1+2
  • Capo's u/f+1+2 B! d/f+1,1, f+2,1,4 combo
  • Capo's 1,2,4,4 Wallbreak, RLX f+3+4 combo

My god they were lazy with Tiger Jackson. He's literally Eddy with a taunt. :p

EDIT: Oh and there's some new screens up:

Disappointed that Forest doesn't have much new, I dreamed of a new style. I think after double somersault he does something like dss. Dragon canon cancel is sweet though.

P.Jack owns though. Reminds me of old style Jack 2 powerhouse. I like it much more then new fucked up Jack 6.

Alex - cool throws, what else to say?

Tiger - lol, never cared for him.

AAK

Awesome AWESOME breakdown FW :)

Had some time to play fight lab and snapped the main menu

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/relentlessrolento/fed8c4c2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

*drools*

CAN'T WAIT

[quote="Anastacio, post: 39597199"]Hehe, Heihachi Mishima just got announced as a character for the upcoming PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSvLQDUQ858&feature=player_embedded"]Youtube[/URL].[/quote]

Man... the gameplay isn't that appealing to me but I dunno, it has Tekken related stuff now so I'm getting conflicted :(

[quote]We should add the new characters to the OP, if not by picture, at least by text. And haven't the tiers been updated since November?
Great OP I must say again, I got to read through that extensive guide when I got time to sit down and practice.[/QUOTE]

Man yeah, I wanted to update it to include all the unlimited features and have extra stuff on tackles + walls. Laziness + other commitments contributing to my procrastination.

[quote="Anastacio, post: 39604563"]Imagine the netcode being crap. Then, what happens?[/QUOTE]

A repeat of T6 console I guess :(

Pachimari

It's no problem AAK, if you don't have the time to update it, it doesn't bother anyone. The extensive guide you have written is already WAY more than anybody could have asked for, and personally, I'll read it all through when I get Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Kuni is pretty legit from what I've played. She feels like a good mix of yoshi and raven. I think her quick stance is d+1+2 where you have multi options for teleport attacks. Plus she has something like the Lars dash.

Top Bottom